Can you drink alcohol while taking this medicine (nitrofurantoin mono/mac 100mg)?

Inactive 18 Oct 2011

Hello ewoodsquerie. I haven't found anything to suggest that you can't drink alcohol with nitrfuratoin. And that doesn't mean there are none. Having said that, its an antibiotic and alcohol will certainly diminish the potency of the drug. Its usually advised not to drink alcohol while taking an antibiotic. You might ask your doctor or pharmacist for thier opinion. wishing you the best.

Inactive 13 Aug 2018

On the ER discharge instructions of my family member, one should avoid alcohol while taking this Rx despite the other member said there is no statistics say one cannot. I will be cautious about that as I always try to follow the ER instructions and the pharmacy leaflet instructions closely.