Can phentermine effect male urination?

4 Answers

Inactive 15 Jan 2012

This side effect has not been documented.

I suggest you discuss it with your Dr.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/phentermine-side-effects.html

All the best,

maso.-

Limozine 13 Feb 2012

It certainly has affected mine. I've been on it for just over two months, and about a month in noticed that my urine flow was restricted, even when I had a full bladder.

jaslisb 17 Apr 2012

I am having the same issue. Did you find any answers?

Limozine 17 Apr 2012

No, I haven't found a solution. My doctor offered to put me on something else but the Adipex is working pretty good otherwise so I declined. I simply try not to take more than I absolutely need to keep my appetite in check.

bslon 24 Feb 2013

I have experienced similar issue. I have terrible flow that causes me to pee several times a night. However I have went from 307 to 264 i 6 weeks. So, it may be worth it.

Carromi 6 Mar 2015

Me too! Second time I've been on it and my frequency is up and flow restricted. Stop drug things clear up

jcambridge 17 Mar 2017

Me two stopped for day and cleared up trying one more time, have found no others except here with this problem?

tbrentlong 24 Mar 2017

Same here. I was worried that I was developing some sort of prostate problem, but they checked my PSA and it was normal. The doctor later advised that this is a common complaint from her male patients who are using this drug. Odd that it's not documented.

tbrentlong 24 Mar 2017

jcambridge 24 Mar 2017

Replying to the question "Did i find anything else out" Dope, I did see a Urologist and he thought the drug might have some effect but only in small way. So I have discontinued med until I get a reason or at least one close to a reason.

Kendel72 3 Aug 2017

I am 45 year old male, I have taken Phentermine several times over 15 years. The one thing it has always did to me was restrict the flow of urination while taking it, and another was occasional burning while I urinate. The burning is rare but The flow restriction is constant. My Dr told me before that it can cause your prostrate to inflame which pinches the urethra and slows down the flow.

Bcook128 16 Jan 2019

Yes, it can. I have taken phentermine off and on over the course of several years and always experience this issue when actively taking it. It creates what I can only describe as “spasms” of the prostate muscles (for me) at the end of urinating which restricts the flow and results in incomplete bladder emptying and a tendency to dribble afterwards. These spasms can also be experienced during ejaculation, creating a feeling of “cramping” in the pelvic floor which is usually accompanied by a “burn” akin to flexing a muscle until it is fatigued, which then subsides after several minutes.

The effect is, in my experience, transient and disappears completely in one to several days after discontinuation. As long as it isn’t causing more discomfort than the benefits of taking the medication are worth OR it isn’t completely obstructing urination to the point of being unable to void at all, you should be fine.