Sometimes when I am sitting down doing nothing I will all of a sudden gasp for breath. This happens especially when I am talking. It is not like I am short of breath but it is as if my breath just gets cut off and I gasp. I recently learned that I have scarring on my lungs from a chest x-ray but have yet to receive a diagnosis. Can you tell me if there is a medical term to describe this gasping or what it might be?