I seem to have an allergic reaction when using any type of chap stick, it cases cold sore and fever blisters when I try to use them. I am guessing I may be alergic to beeswax
You may have an allergy to petroleum jelly, beeswax or lanolin. All three are in all Chapstick and all three are common allergens. If you are allergic to petroleum jelly, and the common reaction is blistering and redness, any ointment is going to do this because they are petroleum based. You can try dabbing a bit of Crisco shortening on your lips which is mainly soybean oils and will work about the same as Chapstick. It may not taste and smell as good but it will protect your lips and give them a bit of gloss.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 31 Oct 2012 • 3 answers
Updated 13 Jan 2016 • 2 answers
Updated 8 Sep 2015 • 1 answer
Updated 3 Dec 2016 • 1 answer
Updated 30 Jun 2017 • 1 answer