Does anyone know of any class action lawsuit against Latuda?

IowaIronGirl 26 Mar 2017

Nothing as of right now. I developed irreversible TD and wish there was a way to be compensated. It was given to me inpatient and I was not aware of the risk.

WildcatVet 20 Aug 2017

That was the fault of your provider.

Timsmith78 1 Dec 2017

I too have been suffering from TD in my neck and jaw lips for the last year-and-a-half from Latuda currently I'm getting Botox and Klonopin for treatment Botox helps a little but relax is all the muscles in the front of the neck and jaw so eating is difficult and tiresome with holding your head up

Liferuined 20 Aug 2017

Hello Loucretia Wells. I would also like to know the answer to this. Latuda ruined my life. I lost everthing I held dear. Please message me back so we can discuss this further.

Timsmith78 1 Dec 2017

Latuda has also ruined my life.
Difficult driving in general.
The constant problem with perching my lips and making funny faces sweating profusely because of the muscle spasms that are happening in my front of my neck I've also chipped two teeth because my mouth is always tense as if I ate something sour. The only relief I get is sleep so I take Ambien as self treatment as well. Nothing seems to be helping and my neurologist says this is probably going to be a lifetime issue you're going to deal with and then there's the botox side effects for the lifetime

Rebecca Hoover 24 Jan 2018

I had kidney failure as I didn't know latuda caused high blood sugar. I am trying to find an attorney. i can be reached on facebook under Rebecca hoover bohar

HKilpatrick 4 Sep 2017

Hello, I am wanting to follow along also to see if there are any Open Class Action Lawsuits that happen.

Timsmith78 1 Dec 2017

Me too... Latuda has ruined me financially now that I'm not able to work

Heather hoke 28 Oct 2018

I have many serious conditions deadly and I want to find a way to sue! Does anyone know where to begin?

baddestdrug 13 Jan 2018

No I do not but I am looking for such. I have never had a more terrifying experience in my life than the tardive diskenesia which came over me. I've been battling it for three weeks now. In emergency room twice--from taking this awful drug once. Horrifying.

Liferuined 13 Jan 2018

I feel for you. I didn't get the same reaction but it caused me to become manic and be in psychosis whereby I left my husband who I still love dearly and spend all of my hard earned money, lose my business. I assaulted someone as the fallout continued so I had to deal with court. I spent seven months in psychiatric care only to be put on the drug that works for me that I should never have been taken off of. All I wanted was weight loss. After I had lost my whole life my doctor admitted all anyi psychotics cause weight gain. I miss my old house, my husband. i'm embarrassed by bad choices I made during psychosis. I even had to file for bankruptcy. This is not fair. We should be compensated.

Bigchris814 17 Mar 2018

I also was put on the drug Latuda and today I now have lost everything in my life including my wife and I have controllable movement of my body I have memory loss and seizures that sometimes last just a few minutes or may last longer when I come to I don't know who I am where I am or who the people are around me I can't recognize people and several other problems medically now I can't work and I am on disability so I need to find a lawyer that can help me compensate where I can at least have my life back or at least a house to live in to live my life cuz I have truly lost everything I can't concentrate on things for very long and unable to finish things I start I need a lawyer please if anyone can help

betad 12 Feb 2018

I am or was a crane operater. No one will hire a crane operater that can't control hand movement. I took latuda and my hands begin to shake. Couldn't eat with a spoon everything fell out of it. I don't have Parkinson's that's what my psychiatrist told me that was wrong with me. He was the biggest a-hole I ever met. now I'm out of work out of money and can't do anything to make it up. So I'm doing the same thing looking for somebody that's suing the pharmaceutical company that made it

lostuser 23 May 2018

I wish I had a good answer. I was on Latuda for 6 months. I had at least 3 episodes where I blacked out. Hospitalized for the first one and terrified my family the others. I have zero memories of these episodes or what I did. But I did have to survive the embarrassing fallout. I lost 2-3 days each time, and was only semi coherent for 2 days after that until I felt sort of normal. I overdosed on all my other meds, something I have never done, and why did I overdose? I dunno because I don't remember. My husband recorded me acting like a hopped up druggie, red glazed over eyes shaking mumbling and trying to take more meds. My hubby took my medications from me and had to play nurse giving me what I needed and when. He once found me shuffling down the middle of the road, in my pajamas, in the middle of the day. I disappeared for hours and I may never fully know what I did during those times.

WildcatVet 23 May 2018

You can't sue a manufacturer for a known/disclosed possible side effect. If you are injured because a doctor or pharmacist breached their duty to warn you about a drug's side effects, you do have recourse. A lawyer can help you figure out whom to sue.
For example these are common and disclosed side effects:
Common (1% to 10%): Dizziness, dyskinesia, dystonia/acute dystonia, tardive dyskinesia
Common (1% to 10%): Decreased appetite, increased appetite, increased weight
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Hyponatremia, increase in blood sugar levels/blood glucose increased
Frequency not reported: Abnormal glabellar reflex, bradykinesia, cogwheel rigidity, convulsion, drooling, hyperkinesia, hypersomnia, hypersomnolence, hypokinesia, motor impairment, oromandibular dystonia, sedation, stroke, tremor

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/latuda-side-effects.html

Sideffects2 24 May 2018

Too bad the FDA doesn't work for the people that are prescribed these harmful drugs at a time of distress. Why would any psychiatrist make a person physically sick with a slight chance of the drug helping? We all know the answer to that one

Mrbill77345 22 Jul 2018

Haven't found one but looking for one, because of latuda I had a disk pulled out of my neck

Mrbill77345 12 Nov 2018

Update, in a couple of months after discontinuing latuda, I now have arthritis EVERYWHERE. Which I am finding linked. These Aholes need to put out of business. My psychiatrist and pharmacist had no info that any of this could ever happen. The physicians I've seen for related issues only have admitted to knowing years later after no longer seeing them making sure to leave no documentation.

Wayne247 6 Sep 2018

Is there a class action lawsuit against latuda. Have only been taking latuda for a couple of months and i am experiencing td and losing everything because of this bad drug?

WildcatVet 16 Sep 2018

To date:
"Are there any Latuda lawsuits?
No, so far Latuda has not been the subject of any mass tort law suits. "
You cannot sue for known and disclosed side effects. From the literature on Latuda:
"Common (1% to 10%): Dizziness, dyskinesia, dystonia/acute dystonia, tardive dyskinesia"
WC

Mybeautifulbabygirl 8 Oct 2018

My daughter has struggled with depression and eating disorders since thirteen, now twenty-seven. She excels in college, four classes away from her biology/chemistry degree, headed to medical school next year with a high gpa, her dream us to be an ER doc. Her Psyc put her on Latuda and before being on the drug only three weeks the symptoms of TD hit. Right now she can’t even sleep, the continual facial distortions, scratching, grunting, difficult breathing, lack of concentration, arms jerking, constant leg movement when at rest.. last night I was up with her until 4:00 am .. she can’t drive, she’s missing classes.. I’m so afraid her life is over not to mention her goal of emergency medicine, she’s worked so hard. She’s been off the drug for two weeks and she just continues to get worse every day. What can I do for her?
Her Psyc wants to put her on Rexulti now, but how do we lessen these symptoms and get her some rest? She’s exhausted from the constant movement.

lostuser 8 Oct 2018

To my knowledge there is no class action lawsuit. But there should be, even with the notification of potential side effects. I believe they underestimated how many people will have these and worse side effects. I did file a claim with the FDA. No way can the makers of Latuda address the issues with this medication if they don't know. Best of luck to your daughter. I hope she finds relief.