Does anyone know of any class action lawsuit against Latuda?

IowaIronGirl 26 Mar 2017

Nothing as of right now. I developed irreversible TD and wish there was a way to be compensated. It was given to me inpatient and I was not aware of the risk.

WildcatVet 20 Aug 2017

That was the fault of your provider.

Timsmith78 1 Dec 2017

I too have been suffering from TD in my neck and jaw lips for the last year-and-a-half from Latuda currently I'm getting Botox and Klonopin for treatment Botox helps a little but relax is all the muscles in the front of the neck and jaw so eating is difficult and tiresome with holding your head up

Liferuined 20 Aug 2017

Hello Loucretia Wells. I would also like to know the answer to this. Latuda ruined my life. I lost everthing I held dear. Please message me back so we can discuss this further.

Timsmith78 1 Dec 2017

Latuda has also ruined my life.
Difficult driving in general.
The constant problem with perching my lips and making funny faces sweating profusely because of the muscle spasms that are happening in my front of my neck I've also chipped two teeth because my mouth is always tense as if I ate something sour. The only relief I get is sleep so I take Ambien as self treatment as well. Nothing seems to be helping and my neurologist says this is probably going to be a lifetime issue you're going to deal with and then there's the botox side effects for the lifetime

Rebecca Hoover 24 Jan 2018

I had kidney failure as I didn't know latuda caused high blood sugar. I am trying to find an attorney. i can be reached on facebook under Rebecca hoover bohar

HKilpatrick 4 Sep 2017

Hello, I am wanting to follow along also to see if there are any Open Class Action Lawsuits that happen.

Timsmith78 1 Dec 2017

Me too... Latuda has ruined me financially now that I'm not able to work

baddestdrug 13 Jan 2018

No I do not but I am looking for such. I have never had a more terrifying experience in my life than the tardive diskenesia which came over me. I've been battling it for three weeks now. In emergency room twice--from taking this awful drug once. Horrifying.

Liferuined 13 Jan 2018

I feel for you. I didn't get the same reaction but it caused me to become manic and be in psychosis whereby I left my husband who I still love dearly and spend all of my hard earned money, lose my business. I assaulted someone as the fallout continued so I had to deal with court. I spent seven months in psychiatric care only to be put on the drug that works for me that I should never have been taken off of. All I wanted was weight loss. After I had lost my whole life my doctor admitted all anyi psychotics cause weight gain. I miss my old house, my husband. i'm embarrassed by bad choices I made during psychosis. I even had to file for bankruptcy. This is not fair. We should be compensated.

Bigchris814 17 Mar 2018

I also was put on the drug Latuda and today I now have lost everything in my life including my wife and I have controllable movement of my body I have memory loss and seizures that sometimes last just a few minutes or may last longer when I come to I don't know who I am where I am or who the people are around me I can't recognize people and several other problems medically now I can't work and I am on disability so I need to find a lawyer that can help me compensate where I can at least have my life back or at least a house to live in to live my life cuz I have truly lost everything I can't concentrate on things for very long and unable to finish things I start I need a lawyer please if anyone can help

betad 12 Feb 2018

I am or was a crane operater. No one will hire a crane operater that can't control hand movement. I took latuda and my hands begin to shake. Couldn't eat with a spoon everything fell out of it. I don't have Parkinson's that's what my psychiatrist told me that was wrong with me. He was the biggest a-hole I ever met. now I'm out of work out of money and can't do anything to make it up. So I'm doing the same thing looking for somebody that's suing the pharmaceutical company that made it

lostuser 23 May 2018

I wish I had a good answer. I was on Latuda for 6 months. I had at least 3 episodes where I blacked out. Hospitalized for the first one and terrified my family the others. I have zero memories of these episodes or what I did. But I did have to survive the embarrassing fallout. I lost 2-3 days each time, and was only semi coherent for 2 days after that until I felt sort of normal. I overdosed on all my other meds, something I have never done, and why did I overdose? I dunno because I don't remember. My husband recorded me acting like a hopped up druggie, red glazed over eyes shaking mumbling and trying to take more meds. My hubby took my medications from me and had to play nurse giving me what I needed and when. He once found me shuffling down the middle of the road, in my pajamas, in the middle of the day. I disappeared for hours and I may never fully know what I did during those times.

WildcatVet 23 May 2018

You can't sue a manufacturer for a known/disclosed possible side effect. If you are injured because a doctor or pharmacist breached their duty to warn you about a drug's side effects, you do have recourse. A lawyer can help you figure out whom to sue.
For example these are common and disclosed side effects:
Common (1% to 10%): Dizziness, dyskinesia, dystonia/acute dystonia, tardive dyskinesia
Common (1% to 10%): Decreased appetite, increased appetite, increased weight
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Hyponatremia, increase in blood sugar levels/blood glucose increased
Frequency not reported: Abnormal glabellar reflex, bradykinesia, cogwheel rigidity, convulsion, drooling, hyperkinesia, hypersomnia, hypersomnolence, hypokinesia, motor impairment, oromandibular dystonia, sedation, stroke, tremor

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/latuda-side-effects.html

Sideffects2 24 May 2018

Too bad the FDA doesn't work for the people that are prescribed these harmful drugs at a time of distress. Why would any psychiatrist make a person physically sick with a slight chance of the drug helping? We all know the answer to that one