Can I take Amoxicillin with Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Phenylephrine?

DzooBaby 30 Apr 2013

yes, that shouldnt be a problem. Amoxicillin is an antibiotic, acetaminophen is an analgesic, chlorpheniramine maleate is an antihistamine and phenylepherine is a decongestant. These drugs are taken together commonly when one has an upper respiratory infection.

Yamboo29 30 Apr 2013

Thank You!

kaismama 30 Apr 2013

My only concern is that they meds you are asking about sounds like you have a cold amoxicillin does nothing for a cold.

Yamboo29 30 Apr 2013

no, the amoxicillin is for a toothache. and the other is for the flu.

Amas710 19 Mar 2015

Amoxicillin is not for a toothache. Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic that fights bacteria.

Amoxicillin is used to treat many different types of infection caused by bacteria, such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, gonorrhea, and infections of the ear, nose, throat, skin, or urinary tract.

jevans00 12 Aug 2015

amoxicillin IS used for toothaches.. if a patient needs a route canal and experiences pain amoxicillin will prevent the tooth from getting becoming infected ultimately suppressing the pain.

voveriss1 28 Nov 2015

This is a long time wait, but I figured I could post this for future viewers. Amoxicillin can be used for clearing bacteria. If you are using this prescribed with an infection, I can assume it would be quite useful for this. As the Drugs.com definition for Amoxicillin says, "Amoxicillin is used to treat many different types of infection caused by bacteria, such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, gonorrhea, and infections of the ear, nose, throat, skin, or urinary tract."

Justme1913 12 days ago

As long as your not allergic to an of those meds it's ok to take them together. Amoxicillin helps with infection in the teeth I was given it for that same reason at 5 months pregnant.