So I accidentally just chugged some vodka forgetting that I took a 500mg of metronidazole this afternoon around 4. Does anyone know if this is life threatening or not?! It's 8:13 so it's been 4 hours since o took the pill. What should I expect?!
I accidentally drank alcohol on one 500mg dose of metronidazole. What will happen?!?
Question posted by Ericka12312 on 22 March 2016
Last updated on 11 November 2018 by morgan2302
I kinda got drunk while using this antibiotic it was an accident, I had a cup of lemonade and beside mine my aunt has a cup of vodka mixed with lime rita and i thought it was mine when i drank it I didn’t taste any alcohol and I started to feel it and I was like omg . I was on the 2nd day of my antibiotic lastnight and I’m expecting sickness according to what i’m reading but that was 11pm 8 hours later It’s 7:23 and I feel fine but i’m scared that i’m gonna be sick soon because of what i’m reading .
Hi, hoping that you are feeling OK and that you didn't experience a bad interaction? It can vary, some people can get away with having a drink whilst taking this medication, however, the warning is not to drink at all, as even the smallest amount could make you feel very ill. I would be interested to find out how you are now?
- Metronidazole uses and safety info
- Metronidazole information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side effects of Metronidazole (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.