Has anyone else had trouble getting off abilify? I took 5 mg daily for over 10 years as an add on to my antidepressant. Now the withdrawal symptoms getting off abilify have been miserable. Now I have to start back on 2.5 mg abilify because my depression and anxiety have returned after many years of being stable.
Abilify withdrawal symptoms caused anxiety & depression to return. Have to start back on abilify?
- 11 Sep 2017 by jeannealyce
- 1 June 2018
- abilify, depression, anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, withdrawal, antidepressant, symptom, antidepressants
I had the same reaction to withdrawing from 5 mg of Abilify which I took for 3 years. The depression returned with a vengeance. However I am trying again with a slow taper and things are going much better. I am now down to 1 mg a day and feel great. I think my body is adjusting slowly. I believe the key is to taper very slowly!
- Abilify Information for Consumers
- Abilify Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Abilify (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Can depression last 17 months even while being treated ?I've been on a lot of antidepressants and h?
Updated 12 Sep 2018 • 11 answers
Updated 2 Oct 2017 • 1 answer
Updated 30 Apr 2018 • 2 answers
Updated 27 Oct 2018 • 2 answers
Updated 25 Oct 2018 • 3 answers