Has anyone else had trouble getting off abilify? I took 5 mg daily for over 10 years as an add on to my antidepressant. Now the withdrawal symptoms getting off abilify have been miserable. Now I have to start back on 2.5 mg abilify because my depression and anxiety have returned after many years of being stable.
Abilify withdrawal symptoms caused anxiety & depression to return. Have to start back on abilify?
- 11 Sep 2017 by jeannealyce
- 1 Jun 2018
- abilify, depression, anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, withdrawal, antidepressant, symptom, antidepressants
I had the same reaction to withdrawing from 5 mg of Abilify which I took for 3 years. The depression returned with a vengeance. However I am trying again with a slow taper and things are going much better. I am now down to 1 mg a day and feel great. I think my body is adjusting slowly. I believe the key is to taper very slowly!
- Abilify Information for Consumers
- Abilify Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Abilify (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 3 Dec 2014 • 3 answers
Can depression last 17 months even while being treated ?I've been on a lot of antidepressants and h?
Posted 5 Dec 2015 • 11 answers
Posted 24 Mar 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 12 Sep 2017 • 1 answer
Posted 22 Apr 2018 • 2 answers