I accidentally took 70mg of Valium, I thought I took 7mg but when I looked again at the bottle it was 5mg instead of .5mg so I took 70mg. Am I going to be OK I have a high tolerance towards Valium which is why I wanted to take 7mg but not that much! I Threw up as best I could but I'm not sure how much I still have in my system...
I can understand that you have a high tolerance for Valium but 70 mg is and could be a dose that renders unconsciousness. I would go to the ER ASAP and explain to them that you accidentally miss read the label and you took 70 mg of valium at once.
This way the doctors can either administer other appropriate medications or if nothing else they can at least watch you for a period of time.
Hope all goes well.
Best Pup is right. Go to the ER.
The danger with overdoses is just not the fear of respiratory suppression.
Organs can be permanently damaged.
Liver and kidneys excrete these drugs so getting passed the worry of unconsciousness is the worry of organ damage.
- Valium Information for Consumers
- Valium Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Valium (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 30 Oct 2011 • 6 answers
Posted 21 Jun 2013 • 3 answers
I have a bottle of 5mg cyclobenzaprine, and a bottle of 10mg. Would it be ok to take 2 of 5mg to eq?
Posted 12 Jul 2014 • 1 answer
Can Valium cause rapid heartbeat? I took 5mg of Valium about 12 hours ago for a panic attack, it did
Posted 8 Jun 2017 • 1 answer
Posted 23 Oct 2017 • 1 answer