Natazia Side Effects
Generic Name: dienogest / estradiol
Note: This document contains side effect information about dienogest / estradiol. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Natazia.
Some side effects of Natazia may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
For the Consumer
Applies to dienogest / estradiol: oral tablet
Along with its needed effects, dienogest / estradiol may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking dienogest / estradiol:More common
- Breast pain, discomfort, or tenderness
- headache, severe and throbbing
- irregular menstrual periods
- normal menstrual bleeding occurring earlier, possibly lasting longer than expected
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- clay-colored stools
- dark urine
- difficulty with breathing
- loss of appetite
- pain in the chest, groin, or legs, especially the calves
- slurred speech
- sudden loss of coordination
- sudden, severe weakness or numbness in the arm or leg
- sudden, unexplained shortness of breath
- unpleasant breath odor
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- vision changes
- vomiting of blood
- yellow eyes or skin
- Abdominal or stomach bloating
- blood in the stool
- chest pain or discomfort
- decrease in the amount of urine
- itching of the vagina or genitals
- joint pain, stiffness, or swelling
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- noisy, rattling breathing
- pain in the ankles or knees
- pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
- pain, redness, or swelling in the arm or leg
- painful, red lumps under the skin, mostly on the legs
- pelvic pain
- pounding in the ears
- redness of the skin
- shortness of breath
- slow or fast heartbeat
- stomach or pelvic discomfort, aching, or heaviness
- swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, hands, lower legs, or feet
- thick, white vaginal discharge with mild or no odor
- tightness in the chest
- troubled breathing at rest
- troubled breathing or swallowing
- upper right abdominal or stomach pain
- weight gain
Some side effects of dienogest / estradiol may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:Less common
- Blemishes on the skin
- increased weight
- Patchy brown or dark brown discoloration of the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to dienogest / estradiol: oral tablet
Cardiovascular side effects have included venous thromboembolism, cerebrovascular events (thrombotic and hemorrhagic strokes), and myocardial infarctions.
Hepatic side effects have included jaundice, hepatic adenomas, cholestasis, focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver and hepatic carcinoma.
Genitourinary side effects have included irregular uterine bleeding, breast pain, discomfort or tenderness, metrorrhagia and irregular menstruation, uterine leiomyoma, and ruptured ovarian cyst.
Gastrointestinal side effects have included nausea and/or vomiting.
Nervous system side effects have included headache and migraine.
Dermatologic side effects have included acne.
General side effects have included weight gain.
More about Natazia (dienogest / estradiol)
Compare with other treatments for:
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.