Natazia Side Effects
Generic Name: dienogest / estradiol
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug dienogest / estradiol. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Natazia.
It is possible that some side effects of Natazia may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
For the Consumer
Applies to dienogest / estradiol: oral tablet
As well as its needed effects, dienogest / estradiol may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
If any of the following side effects occur while taking dienogest / estradiol, check with your doctor immediately:More common
- Breast pain, discomfort, or tenderness
- headache, severe and throbbing
- irregular menstrual periods
- normal menstrual bleeding occurring earlier, possibly lasting longer than expected
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- clay-colored stools
- dark urine
- difficulty with breathing
- loss of appetite
- pain in the chest, groin, or legs, especially the calves
- slurred speech
- sudden loss of coordination
- sudden, severe weakness or numbness in the arm or leg
- sudden, unexplained shortness of breath
- unpleasant breath odor
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- vision changes
- vomiting of blood
- yellow eyes or skin
- Abdominal or stomach bloating
- blood in the stool
- chest pain or discomfort
- decrease in the amount of urine
- itching of the vagina or genitals
- joint pain, stiffness, or swelling
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- noisy, rattling breathing
- pain in the ankles or knees
- pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
- pain, redness, or swelling in the arm or leg
- painful, red lumps under the skin, mostly on the legs
- pelvic pain
- pounding in the ears
- redness of the skin
- shortness of breath
- slow or fast heartbeat
- stomach or pelvic discomfort, aching, or heaviness
- swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, hands, lower legs, or feet
- thick, white vaginal discharge with mild or no odor
- tightness in the chest
- troubled breathing at rest
- troubled breathing or swallowing
- upper right abdominal or stomach pain
- weight gain
Some dienogest / estradiol side effects may not need any medical attention. As your body gets used to the medicine these side effects may disappear. Your health care professional may be able to help you prevent or reduce these side effects, but do check with them if any of the following side effects continue, or if you are concerned about them:Less common
- Blemishes on the skin
- increased weight
- Patchy brown or dark brown discoloration of the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to dienogest / estradiol: oral tablet
Cardiovascular side effects have included venous thromboembolism, cerebrovascular events (thrombotic and hemorrhagic strokes), and myocardial infarctions.
Hepatic side effects have included jaundice, hepatic adenomas, cholestasis, focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver and hepatic carcinoma.
Genitourinary side effects have included irregular uterine bleeding, breast pain, discomfort or tenderness, metrorrhagia and irregular menstruation, uterine leiomyoma, and ruptured ovarian cyst.
Gastrointestinal side effects have included nausea and/or vomiting.
Nervous system side effects have included headache and migraine.
Dermatologic side effects have included acne.
General side effects have included weight gain.
More about Natazia (dienogest / estradiol)
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.