User Reviews for Natazia

Learn more about Natazia.

Menorrhagia 4 reviews 2 medications

7.2
Birth Control 24 reviews 225 medications

6.7
Summary of Natazia reviews 28 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Natazia

Review by Mar13:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Natazia for 2 months after being on Yaz for 2 years. I'm having a problem with bloating on this pill. I gained about 5 pounds within the first few weeks of taking it, which I can only attribute to excess fluid retention. I feel so fat on this pill, despite the fact that I work out all the time. I had clear skin while on Yaz, and am now getting acne on my back and my neck. Also, Natazia is supposed to reduce your period, but I have seen no change in mine. I'll be going back to Yaz next month.

May 14, 2014 7:41 PM

Review by kellsbells (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is my 3rd birth control pill. I've always had long periods (7-9 days) and after my last pill gave me mood swings, NO sex drive, and still long periods with spotting between periods; this pill has fixed all that. My periods are barely 3 days and I have no spotting between periods, which is the best part. Well, that and the fact that it works to prevent pregnancy in 2 ways.

April 28, 2014 1:06 AM

Review by sadiee:

For Birth Control: I've been on this for 3 months. I experience heavy bleeding and bad cramping always on the 3rd week of the pill. I have bad headaches every day. I'm a healthy eater, non smoker and workout 3-4 days a week. Going to the doctor tomorrow!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2014 5:56 PM

Review by Maloneybaby (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about 2 years now and LOVE IT. I have a severe bleeding condition to the point where I was in the hospital getting blood transfusions because of a period I had. Natazia has cured that. No more heavy bleeding and NO PREGNANCIES. The only reason I am having to switch from this to a new birth control pill is because the co-payment keeps going up, otherwise I would stay on this.

January 3, 2014 11:47 PM

Review by SH23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Menorrhagia: I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome a few years ago and started taking Natazia for it. Before taking Natazia I would go about 10 months without a period then would bleed heavy for a month or so. I would have cramps that would drop me to my knees. It was unbearable. I went a couple years of dealing with this, then finally decided to get myself to the Dr. He prescribed Natazia and it has been a life saver. I've never had regular periods. I've been on so many different kinds of birth control and this is the only one that has worked for me. Since the first month I have had regular periods. I finally feel like a normal woman with regular periods. It's kind of nice. The only side effect is the acne. I'll take acne over bleeding heavy for a month any day.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2013 1:53 AM

Review by zeldawearsox (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I was taking Natazia for about a year 1/2 or more. It wasn't until recently that my doctor's office stopped carrying this as a free sample. I was put on a different form of birth control that my insurance covers. I have been on this for a month and I noticed fairly noticeable slight differences in the two. I almost never had periods on Natazia which I thought must be a bad thing. I also never had PMS on Natazia which was fortunate. Now on this new birth control I feel like I am 18 again emotion-wise. My period was actually a NORMAL period like I used to get when I was never even on birth control. I never even used tampons on Natazia because it was so light. I had to go buy tampons for the first time in 6 months or more due to discontinuing Natazia.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2013 3:58 AM

For Birth Control: I have been on Natazia for almost 2 years. For about a year and half I haven't really had a period. Some months its absolutely nothing at all. Occasionally I spot. Last year I told the Gyno she said its nothing to worry about. My skin doesn't break out on this pill. I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, My skin was terrible. I have gained a lot of weight since on this pill but the clear skin and no period is kind of worth it. I use to get terrible cramps and bleed a lot. Hope this is helpful.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2013 11:28 AM

Review by newlywed2655 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I love this pill. I was on Loestrin 24 for my first pill and I was so moody! My doctor switched me to Natazia and I have had no side effects! I know pills are different for everyone but this pill has really changed my view on birth control. Periods are still 3-5 days and moderate bleeding/cramping but no nausea or breast tenderness. Also comes with a Bayer savings card.

June 21, 2013 11:00 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Menorrhagia: I've been on Natazia for over 17 days and I've had good and bad results. Before taking the pill, I got several fibroids and had 2 surgeries to remove them before they returned again. I've very extreme painful periods with heavy bleeding 3 days out of the 7-8 day period. And I'm going through pre-menopause. Natazia made the pain go away this time. But I'm having very dry, dark brown spotting. I have no cervical mucus. I think this pill is good for the pain and bleeding but bad for what I'm experiencing now. I think I need to try something else or get the hysterectomy.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2013 2:10 PM

Review by liz010101:

For Birth Control: I have had really bad experiences with birth control in the past. My doctor gave me Natazia about 1 1/2 years ago and its been doing awesome since. My one and only con is that you have take it around the same time every day or it will mess with your cycle a bit (causing ovary discharge and such) but if you miss a pill and follow your chart it should work out with no problems. It has reduced my cycle to about 2 days and reduced cramps. Highly recommend!

May 17, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by ohiogirl2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Menorrhagia: I have been on this pill for 11 months. One thing with me for this pill is that I have to be very careful to take the pill when I'm supposed to. If it's a few hours or early next day and you remember, it's ok. If I miss a whole pill, my period was messed up. Before this pill I had bad cramping and horrible 7 day periods! I have no side effects, my periods went from super 7 days to very lite 2 days. This pill is a life saver! Part of the reason I am on this pill is for my horrific periods but the other reason is for an estrogen deficiency. I was experiencing hot flashes, night sweats, thinning in hair, etc. at 29 years old, now I have none of that! I recommend this pill...it has changed my life!

January 29, 2013 7:50 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on this medication for two months. I was given Natazia to control my heavy periods and painful cramps. Month one I still had heavy cramps and flow for seven days. Now in month two my period has been 11 days and heavy each day. My flow and cramps are actually heavier now. Extra strength Tylenol is not strong enough.

December 24, 2012 11:41 PM

For Birth Control: I used Natazia for 2 years. I was with my boyfriend when I decided to use it. He noticed my moods improve and more stable PMS. Only got period 2 days, when I was used to get it for a week.. really light. I was less anxious, and didn't gain much weight. I actually lost weight on the pill with an exercise schedule. Breast enlargement was extreme. I went from a 34C to a 32DD --not right away, but within the 2 years. The enlargement was unbearable. I've been off of it for a month and I got my period back in 31 days. Everything went back to the way it was before, weight still staying off so far.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2012 8:54 PM

Review by jjj123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Menorrhagia: I started taking this pill for breakthrough bleeding 4 months ago. Since I had my children I have not been able to take any oral contraceptive pills to help with the constant bleeding. I even tried Mirena for 1 year. The first 2 months were like magic. Now I am having excessive bleeding on my 3rd week of pills and couple of days of spotting when I should have my period. I don't have any emotional or physical side effects, but Natazia is expensive.

August 7, 2012 5:13 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Natazia for two weeks and I am on edge! Fighting with my husband, irritated with my kids, I feel like I am an emotional 13 year old. Calling my doctor in the morning and stopping the pill.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2012 7:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: For someone who has been on 7 different birth control pills, I'm pleased with Natazia. I have had side effects all the way from vomiting/nausea to water retention and mood swings on other pills. I have noticed NO side effects on Natazia thus far; I have been on it for 2 months. I am giving my positive experience on Natazia because I think it's needed. Hopefully it will help others not to prejudge it. Give it a try. And if you're looking for a pill that gives you virtually no period, this will do it!

June 11, 2012 12:01 AM

Review by TiffanyMe (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I first started birth control at 27 when I was going to get married and needed it not only for birth control, but also so I wouldn't be on my period for my honeymoon. I have been super pleased. I used to have HORRIBLE periods. I would have to wear a nightime/Ultra Super Tampon AND a heavy flow pad.

June 5, 2012 5:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I'm 28 years old. I've been on Natazia for over a year now. The first few months were great because the pill really lightened and shortened my periods which were usually heavy and lasted 8-10 days. However, for the past 3 months, I've had bad acne around my jaw line and neck. Now, for the past week and 2 days I've been spotting within the 2nd and 3rd week before my period! I have one more week left on this but am very worried about spotting for over a week!

May 8, 2012 2:00 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on a lot of pills and this one has to be the worst. I never had acne before and as soon as I started this pill my face has been broken out. I have gained weight. I am depressed all month and have horrible PMS. But I haven't gotten pregnant and my period seems to be the same.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2012 5:34 PM

For Birth Control: This pill didn't give me any of the listed side effects, and my periods were only about 2-3 days (which is very short for me, loved that). If that was all, I would give it a 10, HOWEVER, it completely killed my ability to get aroused (wet), my libido was there and I was very into the intimate moments, but I was very dry ....unlike me. It also made my skin and scalp very dry too, it's like it sucked all the moisture out of my body. I switched to a different pill and the dryness problems went away in about a week. Definitely not the right birth control pill for me.

September 8, 2011 1:32 AM

For Birth Control: I went on this pill because my other pills made my breasts to tender. The pill was great when I started in March but then in July and August I have had bleeding for more then a week. At the beginning I never had any bleeding and it took away my period fully, now I bleed heavy for more then a week.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2011 9:47 PM

For Birth Control: Natazia made me moody (teary-eyed for no reason), caused me to have periods ranging from 3 days to 14 days, and caused ocular migraines as frequent as 5 days in a row.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2011 11:08 PM

Review by thatgurl:

For Birth Control: I took Natazia for 4 months after taking Levora/Portia for 2 years. My libido went WAY UP, in the first 2 months everything was fine, my period was light, my appetite decreased, and I even lost a little weight. However, in the last 2 months I had bleeding every 2 weeks. I bled in Days 10-15 exactly like a heavy/regular period. I began getting chest and facial acne and headaches (which are not normal for me). So after 4 months, I had to switch. The increase in libido was awesome, but it is not so awesome to be "unavailable" for additional days (beyond period) each month.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2011 5:09 PM

Review by txmere:

For Birth Control: After Triphasil was removed from the market several years ago, I struggled to find a pill that worked for me. I tried Trivora and Lo-Ovral but my libido completely left me, and I had horrible mood swings most of the month. Eventually, I got off the pill all together. After 3 years off the pill, I needed to get back on because of bad cramps, and my doctor suggested Natazia. It has been 5 months now, and I am thrilled with the results. The first 2 months, I did not have a real period, just some spotting, but now I seem to have leveled out into a predictable cycle. I have a few days of spotting 1 week before the inert pills, then I have a period that literally lasts only a day. No cramps, minimal breast tenderness, and I feel like myself.

March 25, 2011 2:39 PM

Review by dhp2:

For Birth Control: This is my third form of birth control, I have taken (Loestrin and Femcon previously). Honestly this is the best pill I have been on so far. Unlike the other pills I have taken, there is no irregular bleeding and no cramps. Natazia has been the best to me, and my periods are now shorter and lighter. The only downfall of this pill is I'm breaking out. I'm 20 years old and even on the other two pills acne was never an issue. If I wasn't breaking out from it Natazia would be a perfect birth control pill for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate