User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 190 reviews 11 medications

9.3
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 190 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "Ladies, first and foremost stop freaking out. I too was panicking like crazy until I got on here and read most of these reviews. So I had unprotected sex late one night during the time I should be ovulating. I took the pill about 55 hours after the fact and didn't experience any side effects except my face breaking out bad from the huge dosage of hormones and received my period a week later (one week earlier than I normally would've gotten it). I've never been so happy to get my period. Just take it within the 72 hours and don't stress, let it do its thing."

queen of bad decisions (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Please don't judge this post..I'm here to share my experience with Plan B and provide some hope for others in the same situation I was in. I stupidly had unprotected sex more than once in a several week time span. I took Plan B twice within a few weeks of each other. Up until then I had pretty normal periods and no major issues..After the second time I took it I had insane cramps, back aches, sore breasts, you name it.. I was convinced I was pregnant but all tests were negative. I just got my period..exactly 8 weeks after my last one. So taking Plan B, especially more than once, really messes up your cycle and the added stress of thinking you may be pregnant doesn't help either. I'm also well over the "weight limit" and it still worked."

Just sharing my experience! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Hello I just wanted to share my experience to calm the minds of every girl on here. So I have now had to take plan b twice, first time the condom broke, he finished inside so I took the pill one hour after and had little side effects. My period came right on time. Second time the condom broke but he pulled out long before he finished. I took the pill a few hours later. I had cramping, nausea, acne flare ups, and lots of stress. I missed my period and around that time my breasts became sore. I was very nervous. I took a preg. test and it was negative. But two and a half weeks later it came like I truck and now I am bleeding heavily and cramping a ton!! So ladies please just try to relax and let the pill do its job. Thank you plan b!!"

For Emergency Contraception "Well after just ending my period on June 30th, I had unprotected sex with an old flame multiple times the night of July 3rd into the morning of July 4th. I didn't take the plan B until the night of July 5th. Today is July 19th and I got my period of early!!!! I didn't think it would work because I'm 6ft tall and over 200lbs and I only to one pill (after being told by friends I should take 2 because I'm over the suggested weight) I could only afford 1at the time. Thank God it works!!! Although the sex was good it wasn't good enough for me to have his baby. Lol!!! It's works girls just relax!!!!"

DariB July 19, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "We used plan b within 12 hours of the incident. I'm now pregnant."

Jenny12345smith July 19, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "A friend and i had a mishap with a condom : i checked ovulation calendars (even though they aren't reliable information)they indicated i was in the fw..past ovulation. Maybe. We bought plan b, and i took it 8pm the day after. All the symptoms began the following day. Nausea, with waves of panic after reading it might not be effective on women over bmi, which i found news those studies are not conclusive. No proof. More freaking out because of timing. I may of already ovulated. Well, my period was on time but did not have usual symptoms. I had pregnancy symptoms as pms and plan b like to mimic. He flaked out prior to so I'm glad. Im 38, bmi is high, i already ovulated am sure and time frame was 24hrs later after deed. It worked for me."

Iallfree (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "This pill saved my life. My boyfriend and I had protected sex one night and the condom broke. We were absoletley mortified due to the fact we are really young and still in high school. He went out and got the pill and I took it 9 hours after sex. I experienced mild symptoms and felt a little nauseous for 3 days. I was really worried about the pill not working even though the chances of it not was really low. About a week and a half later I experienced really bad cramps and I got my period!! It came 2 weeks early but one of the side effects is messing up your cycle. I just want to tell everyone that everything will be okay and worrying and stressing doesn't help. My hair started thinning because I was stressing so much. Good luck!!"

nicolealli July 15, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Listen, this product works! Me and this girl hooked up, and I had a spermicidal condom on, I came inside her with the condom on, and when I pulled out, I saw my cum dripping out of her because the condom broke. I was so scared, and it was, and is the scariest moment of my life. We went to the store 20 minutes after, and got her Plan B. (She was already on Birth Control, but we got Plan B just to be safe.) I checked up on her everyday, asking her if she got any of the side affects. She got Tender Breasts, Mood Swings, Cramps, and couldn't eat much. Weeks passed, and I was worried sick everyday. Well, a month later on the last day of school, she texted me, and she got her period. Just take it ASAP, don't worry, and you'll be fine."

Happy Teen (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took this drug on May 26 following an unprotected incident. He didn't ejaculate inside me, but I took it as a precaution 17 hours later because it happened on day 13 of my cycle. Eek! I didn't experience any side effects until a week later, when I received cramping. Weird cramps under my left and right pelvic bones that burned. I also had severe anxiety and depression and dropped 13lbs. It was a nightmare. I received my period nearly two weeks later, just 2 days early from my projected start date. It was heavy with heavy clots and lasted a day longer than normal. That being said, my following period in July was 9 days late and I hadn't had sex since. Be warned that the pill can mess up your cycle for a few months after taking it!"

Keighley1992 July 12, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Don't even bother stressing yourself out like I did, because Plan B actually works. On June 25th I had unprotected sex with my bf and on that day I was ovulating and my bf wasn't wearing condoms and I wasn't on birth control pills. I know this is TMI, but he "came"/finished inside me. So, 2 hours later I started to get paranoid and decided to take Plan B. Well let me tell you this I received so many pregnancy symptoms such as: Sore breast, headaches, fatigue, nausea/vomiting, frequent urination,back pains, and cramping. The side effects will have you going insane. The scary part is that a week before my period was due I saw brown discharge and I automatically assumed that it was implantation bleeding. Next following week my period came."

Don't stress about it (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I, like many others, was having protected sex with my boyfriend when the condom broke. By the time we noticed it, it was too late. Frantic, I jumped in the shower and tried to wash off as best I could. We arrived at Walgreens less than an hour later and I took the plan B pill. For the next few days I was so queasy and was only able to dry heave. I felt a little more confident because I thought this meant that the plan B was working. However, when my period was supposed to come around on June 22nd. Turns out plan B didn't work for me, and I was 5 weeks pregnant. Currently undergoing a medication abortion from Planned Parenthood, and I can honestly say it's been one of the most painful experiences ever. I hope others have better luck..."

Hart1990 July 12, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I am 17, almost 18. I had an eating disorder for about two years (I am recovered now) but that messed with my period. I had a period in the second week of February in 2014, and just had my most recent one from June 26-June 28 in 2015. My boyfriend and I had sex on July 4, but the condom broke. I took Plan B within one hour of that sex. I know that you start ovulating around 14 days after the first day of your last period, which is when you are most fertile; on July 4 I was 6 days aways from ovulating, and sperm can live in the uterus for 5 days, so of course I've been panicked. I am hoping this works because my period is messed up so I'm not sure whether I will get it or if I will miss it again, but these reviews calmed me down!"

Praying this works July 5, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My Boyfriend and I had unprotected sex around the beginning of June, I was super scared and nervous because the condom broke and nothing like this ever happened before. The next day within 24 hours I took Plan B One Step, which cost around $50, and I was worried when my period would come. It came on the exact time it was suppose to.It worked ! I had no side effects when I took the pill, just drink a lot of water."

Han18 July 5, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "So my boyfriend and me had unprotected sex May 28, I took the pill within 30-45 minutes. My period was suppose to come May 30. I had light cramping and breast were sore. But thankfully my period started June 4! All I can say is not to stress and take it easy! Use protection yall! Pill saved me!"

Jesmelo July 2, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Before I begin, I would just like to put my body type out there; I'm tiny (5'4, weighing at 95lb). What had happened was it was day 15 of my 35 day cycle, and the condom totally just exploded into bits without either of us knowing, so my partner finished inside of me. Plan B was taken within 2 hours after the incident. The only side effect that I got was fatigue on the same day so I just slept it off. Exactly 5 days later, I started spotting which lasted for 4 days. At this point I was just trying to convince myself that it was because of the pill and not implantation bleeding. I would feel a little stab of pain in the general area down there every now and then, but it was nothing major. Around day 26, I've noticed that my cervical mucus has finally started changing, so I used it as a sign telling me to calm down, and that my system was finally up and running again. Finally on day 46 (after 4 pregnancy tests for reassurance) Mother Nature had finally graced me with my monthly. So ladies, just a word of advice, pay attention to your cervical mucus. For me, it let me know that the pill wore off and I started ovulating again. It won't be the same for everyone, but it is definitely something to look into. If you must, wait at least 2-3 weeks after the incident to test. Best of luck~"

TeeLinny June 27, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I used the pull out method but I was still super nervous because I knew I was ovulating. I know the pull out method is not always 100% effective so 2 hours after we had sex I went and bought plan b. I got my period 2 weeks later!! Very effective as a backup plan! (Also I am 165 pounds exactly so I dont think the whole weight limit thing or BMI thing has anything to do with the effectiveness of the pill)"

Anonymous June 27, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Okay so it was my never first time using Plan B so I was already afraid. Somehow the condoms we used weren't very good and continuously popped. So here I am freaking out because the only thing I'm thinking about is me being pregnant. So I rush to the store and buy plan b luckily it was in stock. I didn't get any side affects from it I don't think. except some stomach pains here and there but I think it was more axienty than anything. My period came on the expected date. Now it says that women over 165 lbs that take plan b, it won't work. everyone is different and I'm well over 165 and it worked for me."

alyssa305 June 17, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I'm 22 years old, it was my first time using any type of pill, I was really worried I'd be getting pregnant after I had sex. So the next day I woke up like super early in the morning and I went to Target and I got this Plan B pill. But before buying it, I searched all over the internet so see the reviews and side effects and all that. I went home and that day I really didn't eat anything because I was feeling low. Like I wasn't in the mood for anything at that time. So I read that if you don't eat anything that it might make your stomach hurt and all. So I just had a glass of milk and I drank a little bit of water. Than I took the pill with water like any regular pill. For me it worked no side effects. :) girls this will help you."

BaySideChick June 14, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took Plan B one step on May 1st after unprotected sex. I realized I was ovulating at that time (according to my period calendar) after we had finished. He didn't go inside me but I was still afraid, so my boyfriend and I went and bought the Pill and I took it within an hour and a half. Not even exaggerating but I had cramping everyday since I took the pill. I also experienced headaches, and felt really hot here and there, almost as if I had a fever. Tender breasts were also a symptom of mine. Just yesterday which was the 12th day after taking Plan B, my boyfriend and I had protected sex and when I went to clean up I noticed blood! Turns out I got my period two days before I was supposed to be due. Relieved that it worked for me! Good luck"

Mms90 June 14, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I used it this morning and I don't know if it works yet"

mallorydann June 13, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "This pill saved my life. It was the last day of my period and the condom came off and me and my boyfriend did not realize until after he had came inside me. Both freaking out we went to cvs and I took the pill about an hour or 2 after the fact. I did start to bleed the following week for about a day then it turned into brown discharge for the next 2 days. A side affect of this drug is depression and I experienced that for 2 weeks. A month later my period was late exactly one week but I finally got it and I could not be happier. This pill really does work!!! Anyone who is freaking out just take the pill right away and you will be fine, it could definitely make your period late so no worries!!! Thank god for plan b!"

Mac8776446789 June 13, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex stupidly one night with my boyfriend. Less than 9 hrs later I went to the local pharmacy to obtain the Plan B morning after pill. Took it accordingly, with no side effects and patiently waited for my period. My period never did come, and I ended up pregnant. At 12 weeks I ended up having a miscarriage, but I certainly learned my lesson. Use protection always ladies, sometimes these things don't work!"

Warica97 June 12, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "So i had unprotected sex on May 24 and the condom broke so i was freaked out because the next day was memorial day and the pharmacy was closed so i had to wait. I was fertile. And so i waited another day to take the pill i took it probably 34 ish hours after the accident and i got sick to my stomach (which is a side effect) and really tired. Its been about two weeks since i took it and i was suppise to recieve my period yesterday (June 8) but never came and so i just didnt think anything of it and i got terrible cramps and back pain. Agai. I just thought it was a sign or my period but i told my mom and she got me a test i took two both positive so the pill didn' t wrk for me but i think i took it to late because i was fertile."

CuteDog4 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Hey gals! In a 'the heat of the moment' situation, my boyfriend and I ended up having sex on May 25. He pulled out and wasn't in for long since it was both of our first times & we're both in high school, but I was still freaking out. I took the morning after pill less than 12 hours afterwards. Then we ended up having a repeat of this situation May 30. So again, I took the pill. This time it was about 12 hours later though. I waited anxiously, but reading these reviews really helped me. I was sure I was pregnant. My periods irregular, so I wasn't sure when to expect it. I experienced cramps, moodiness, frequent urination, nausea, and fatigues. Now it's June 6th and I just got my period. Don't stress ladies, just let the pill do its job! :)"

Storm 8547 (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex around 11pm and he pulled out but I'm not sure if he did it end time. Just to be safe I purchased the pill the next morning and took it at 8am. I started my period 3 days after . The only bad thing about this pill is that I had extremely bad cramps and a little nausea . The pill does work though! I would recommend it!:) don't worry ladies and don't stress out!"

anonymoususer82 June 5, 2015