User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 103 reviews 25 medications

9.4
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 103 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Review by VeryRelievedBoyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My girlfriend took this about an hour after sex (Condom Broke), but it was during her time of ovulation (the 14th day of the cycle). So as I'm sure a bunch of you are freaking out about what others say about it on the internet, but it does work. She was very moody and experienced some cramps the day before she got it. She got her period about 3 days early (yesterday) and we couldn't have been more relieved. I asked a lot of people about the pill and they told me that I shouldn't worry, but I did. And in the end I shouldn't have stressed out about it. So I'm so happy about the effectiveness of this pill and the fact that she is not pregnant.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by Deliciousjello:

For Emergency Contraception: IT WORKS! I took it one hour after the condom broke and had my period 5 days later! If you take it sooner than 24 hours, you're absolutely guaranteed that it'll work! So stop worrying. You may have more discomforts than normal, but actually, I had no cramps at all and no aching! I always had them for the first two days. Lucky me! Ladies, it works.

December 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by NotReady:

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex the day before ovulation. I wasn't aware at that time I was extremely fertile. I took Plan B within 6 hours after intercourse. I can't lie, I absolutely knew I was pregnant! I had all the symptoms. I was nauseated, headaches, swollen breasts, and I cramped daily. I was so ecstatic to see my period come on the same day it was expected! Birth control pills will be started today! Thanks Plan B!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Review by Postpartumgirl:

For Emergency Contraception: For anyone who is freaking out. I am only 5 weeks postpartum imagine that. Had sex 2-3 days after period condom broke. Next day (less then 24 hours) I took plan B now it's been a week later and I'm bleeding and cramping! From what I see its normal and hopefully a good sign I'm not pregnant again!

November 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Review by NotAMomForNow (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I decided to share my experience because reading these while I was desperate waiting for my period really helped me! Girls, it works! Condom broke and I was ovulating. I took the pill within 1 hour and I got my period 5 days later! I had some cramps but it was all. So, just relax and wait. It works.

November 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by Amaccc (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My girlfriend and I had to use this contraceptive twice. Both times it WORKED! I'm only a teenager so this was very important because I didn't have the money to support a baby nor did she. It was a very grueling month waiting for her period to come but it did. Her period did come about 4 days late. But if you do take it within the time, I had her take it 30 minutes before both times and it should be bound to work.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by Demi167178:

For Emergency Contraception: The incident happened 5 days ago. I was really nervous and paranoid of what to expect since it was my first time. 13 hours later, I took the pill and took a nap. I woke up with tender breasts, sharp abdominal cramps, body aches all over, fatigue, and I was nauseated. This lasted for 2 days but it was a week of emotions and mood swings. Nothing that I could not handle though. I was not due for another week, however, I woke up with my period today. I was very relieved and I'm thankful to take immediate action. I would not recommend taking it all over again but in inevitable situations, this really helped.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 4:29 AM

Review by Anon87339:

For Emergency Contraception: Last month I took a Plan B pill about 12 hours after my accident. And I got my period a week early. I did have bad cramps, but the flow was normal. This month my period is about 8 days late. I have really tender breasts, and I get cramps on and off all day. If I am pregnant it's not because Plan B failed. I read other forums and people were saying that their second period after Plan B was either later or didn't come.

October 29, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by VanessaGeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: I took this pill after 24 hours of the accident. 5 days later I got what they say is a "Plan B Period" even though I got that I was still stressing think of the what if's, the next month my period was late 7 days late in fact but it eventually came. I am so thankful for this pill. What I learned is don't stress if you take the pill directed you will be fine. The only down side was I got extremely tired

October 16, 2014 6:28 AM

Review by lola la:

For Emergency Contraception: I'm so happy Plan B helped me! I took a pill after 30 hours unprotected sex and I had my period in a week.

October 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Relieved Couple:

For Emergency Contraception: A little over a week ago the condom broke during sex. So within 20 minutes we went and got the pill and I took it. I have always had an irregular period, meaning I go months sometimes without periods, so I had no idea what stage I was at within my menstrual cycle. After 8 long days of cramps, back pain, tender breasts, and serious mood swings, I got a period! If it worked for me, it will work for you, too. The key is to take it as soon as possible and to remain calm. The more stressed you are, the longer you'll go without a period. And yes, you may have some terrible symptoms. But at the moment, it's better than being pregnant!

September 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by Wee:

For Emergency Contraception: So me & a friend got really drunk & we ended up having sex, which I only have flashbacks of. He doesn't remember anything so I chose to tell him we didn't do it because I didn't want him to know he was the one who took my virginity. So I took the pill about 40 hours after, I was extremely scared!! Only thinking the worst. Then 7 long days later, I got my period!!! I had really bad cramping. I wanted to share my story because a lot of yours helped me calm my nerves! Xoxo

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by Anonymous6789:

For Emergency Contraception: Two days after my period ended, the condom broke during sex. I took the pill close to two hours afterwards and got cramps later that night. It has been exactly a week since my period ended and I just received my monthly after a long night of cramps. Weird, since I just had my period. I can't complain about the side effects because I would take cramps over labor pains any day. I am a college student and I am so relieved that I am not pregnant.

August 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by Laurr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: It works. However 30 minutes after I took it, I had very sharp cramps. I started my period 2 weeks later, and it was the worst period ever. It was extremely heavy, long, I had horrible headaches and cramps, and it made my period look like real blood like I had been cut or something. I wouldn't recommend using it often. That being said, yes it does work but I hope I don't ever have to use it again.

August 18, 2014 1:10 AM

Review by LilKate:

For Emergency Contraception: I've taken this 2-3 times. The first few times mild cramping occurred but nothing major. The most recent occurance resulted in cramps immediately afterwards and bleeding, I mean heavy period type, 5 days after I took it, a mere 2 weeks after I had started my last cycle. The bleeding lasted about 4 days. I thought perhaps it had reset my cycle but nope, got my "normal" period a few days early and it has been the most painful and heaviest I've experienced in some time. Obviously Plan B works, although I have no idea whether or not I was even at risk of being pregnant. Just know it will possibly upset your cycle.

August 11, 2014 5:27 PM

Review by Xel123:

For Emergency Contraception: Had sex on the 7th of August. Took Plan B about 23 hours after from the intercourse. Haven't gotten my period yet because I'm not supposed to be due until the 20th of August but a major side effect that I've been experiencing is a MAJOR amount of tiredness and exhaustion! When I got home from work the day after I took the pill, I went upstairs around 9pm to sleep and woke up the next day around 1pm. I wake up extremely exhausted and my feet start to get tired as well. Also I barely ever hungry anymore... I'm 18 years old so this is very unusual for a teen... Hopefully my period comes soon.

August 10, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Relieved Boyfriend:

For Emergency Contraception: I'm writing this for people who I know are probably trying to find relief in this reviews, and I did the same thing so I'm gonna offer my experience to help them out. Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex, I was nervous so she took the Plan B about 26-28 hours and then the terrible waiting began. About day 7 and 8 she started spotting and cramping and then finally, on the 9th day she got her period. So relax, because this pill is very effective.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by not pregnant! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: This pill works! Trust it. I took it 34 hours after a condom slip. I experienced tiredness, BLOATING and minor abdominal discomfort, not so much as pain. I started spotting then it completely stopped for two days but nonetheless my period came! three days earlier then I expected and a lot heavier then normal but it came! Trust this pill it is a miracle worker. Take the pill between the 72 hour time frame, relax and hope for the best! 55 dollars is nothing compared to the cost of getting pregnant! Best of luck ladies!

August 4, 2014 8:00 PM

Review by Dont stress (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B about 2 weeks after my period around the time I would have ovulated 3 days later I bled for 3 days and when I should have gotten my period. I didn't I was 18 days late! But if you count from when I took Plan B to when I got my period it was a month so I think it just reset my period, it worked but the waiting was not fun.

August 3, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by jbug20:

For Emergency Contraception: I took this approximately 48 hours after unprotected sex while I was ovulating. I felt fine after taking the pill. A few days before my period was due I experienced major mood swings, bloating, cramps and sore breasts. These symptoms lasted the few days before I was due and then the symptoms stopped on the actual day I was due. But no period. Needless to say I was freaking out! (This is why I am writing this to help others from freaking) -- I was supposed to start on a Friday. Then Saturday rolls around, then Sunday and no period... Just really, really sore breasts on Sunday. That Monday evening I finally started and had breast tenderness, cramps, headache, tiredness... But atleast I started - 3 (longest days of my life) days late.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by Qwertyuiopg:

For Emergency Contraception: I didn't think I'd be writing this but I realized there's probably a lot of scared women/men out there who need some help. IT WORKS. IT TAKES TIME BUT IT WORKS! Stressing out was the worst mistake during this because it will cause your period to delay even more. It made me depressed and the cramps are terrible. But once I woke up and went pee this morning there it was. I've never been so happy to see my period!! Exactly a week after I had taken Plan B one step it had finally came. My advice is to be patient and do things to get it off of your mind. Looking at good reviews really helped me out!

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Nora27:

For Emergency Contraception: I took it after not using a condom just 4 days after my normal period. Later that day I felt sick, emotional, and dizzy. The next day I felt better. The second day I felt sick again, dizzy, nauseas, lower abdomen cramps, and very emotional. I woke up feeling depressed, then by the afternoon it turned to feeling edgy and angry like very intense PMS that I've never experienced before. On the fifth day after taking it I started my period which lasted 5 days with heavy- to normal period bleeding. Then it tapered off to low flow spot bleeding, noticeable most when urinating or sex. Some days it's heavier than others, this is still going on 7 days after the 2nd period. It worked but it's miserable.

July 26, 2014 9:35 PM

Review by Mstke1:

For Emergency Contraception: I took the pill within an hour after having unprotected sex. It was my first time. I was so freaked out. But now, I write this as my Aunt Flow is in town. Super happy. I was only a day late too, and cramping was normal so no complaints.

July 24, 2014 12:41 PM

Review by gratefulgirl100:

For Emergency Contraception: I was not going to post a review but decided to after realizing there might be someone out there very nervous right now. I had sex a day after my period ended and while I probably didn't even need it, I was very scared, being a teenager, and decided to take Plan B. I took it five hours after the incident and I didn't have any side effects. I got my period 1 week 2 days after the pill, which is odd considering I just had it, but Plan B messes up your period. Now I'm not sure whether my next period will come when it was originally supposed to, or in a month, but since I got my period I know Plan B worked. I worried myself sick but reading all the positive reviews helped and I hope this one does too!

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2014 5:44 PM

Review by Thank God (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Me and my girlfriend had sex sadly the condom broke. I was so confused, I rushed to a local Walgreens and purchased the pill. Which was about two hours after our incident. Then here came the long waiting. We waited and nothing. I thought day after day. Guys let me tell you I have a future and this pill saved it. Don't use it as a birth control it is used for what it says, emergency only. Thanks science.

July 5, 2014 1:04 PM