User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 157 reviews 11 medications

9.6
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 157 reviews 9.6

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "I'm 17 and my boyfriends condom broke during sex like most. Being my age a child is not something we need right now. I was very panicked and immediately got the pill. After reading many reviews on it I took it about 4 hours after the mishap. The only side effect I had was tender breasts. I got my period on my exact due date! This pill works! I promise you. Don't worry it will be okay !"

IT WORKED May 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took the plan b pill the morning after. Was my first time taking it. I was ovulating. We didn't use a condom but he pulled out. First day, I was a little tired at the end of the day. Second day, a little diarrhea. Nothing more until now it's day 6 and I've started cramping and my near my right ovary is hurting a little. Nothing bad. I can't say it worked just yet but I can say that I didn't have any drastic symptoms. The symptoms you have depend on how your body reacts to the high dosage of hormone. I'm sure it also has to do with if the pill actually had anything to flush out of your body or not."

D... May 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took the plan b one step pill 45 minutes after unprotected sex. I got the plan b bleeding 3 days later And it lasted 4/5 days. I waited 2 weeks and I finally got my period, it came a little early but it worked."

Jeyh May 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "The incident happened March 31st, the condom broke and I panicked because I was in the fertile stage of my cycle. I took the morning after pill within 24hours (two doses because the first didn't stay down) and 6 days later I had a period which was about a week earlier than expected. I had a blood test to check for pregnancy hormones and took at least 10 home pregnancy tests. All the tests turned up negative but I was still worried, especially when I didn't get my period when I expected it. My period was 4-6 days late but seemed normal (a little longer, lasting almost 5 days instead of my normal 3 days) and came 6 weeks after the last one. The pill worked for me even though I'm overweight. I also had almost every symptom the pill suggested."

dontworryaboutit May 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with a friend of mine while we were both very high and not thinking at all unfortunately his condom broke. We were both freaking out and then he was telling me about this Plan B pill and saying everything was going to be alright. It was 3am at the time so we had to wait until the next day to get it. We are also seniors in high school so this was bad. I took the pill 11 hours later and it's been 19 days and I haven't experienced anything from it, no side effects. I don't know if that's good or bad and I also haven't started my period yet. I pray to God that this works."

Someone stupid... May 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I've taken plan B one step after a mishap during unprotected sex. I took plan B about 1 hour and 45 minutes later and I am pretty positive I was fertile. After taking the pill I received bloating the next day and extreme fatigue. My period is due tomorrow and I would like to know how to make it come faster rather than having to wait and worrying myself even more. any suggestions? I know that since I took the medication so fast it has a high effectiveness level. I just want my period Asap!"

fireball111 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Condom broke, got plan B over the counter no problem. Took it yesterday and so far I've had none of the symptoms whatsoever. So for all of you girls who are sitting there terrified reading this like I was.. Don't be afraid to take it. I've had NONE of the side effects. And its better to be safe than sorry. You'd rather take it and not need it than to look back in a month while you're staring at your positive pregnancy test and wish you had just taken the stupid thing. Hopefully it works :)"

Oops... (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "About two weeks ago I was completely drunk with one of my good friends and things escalated quickly. I woke up the next morning and panicked and had my friend rush to the store to get the pill. I took it with in 7 hours of unprotected sex. For the first two days I was so dizzy I had to lay down for a while and I felt nauseous. Then for about a week I had almost a kind of ovulation pain and I thought I was for sure pregnant. The whole time I had severe breast pain it was very very annoying, but then about two weeks after taking the pill I started a day early and I am very relieved. This pill works wonders don't worry, relax, it will do its job!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "It happens. During my fertile time with ZERO contraceptives. Took Plan B 43 hours later. Got my period 7 days later for 5 days, then again 9 days later. But hey, I'm not pregnant! It works. No side effects for me other than a light headache 1 hour after taking the pill that lasted a few hours."

nomoretakingchances (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I just wanted to say how blessed and happy I feel right now, I was ovulating and the condom broke and the next day I went and got Plan B One Step. Now let me just say, I'm a high school student and the whole wait time that I had to wait to get my period (2 weeks) made me feel miserably but let me tell you it really does work. I took plan b in the beginning of May and my period was due the end of May (I just got it today) but I've never been so sick from such a medication but let me tell you, it was all worth it, these reviews saved my entire life and helped me and I could not be more thankful right now, so if right now your stressing out and you're hoping it works just know that it does, I wish you all the absolute best!!!"

Shannalove247 May 15, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had a "heat of the moment " incident on May 4th, I took Plan B the following day, less than 24 hours later. I started my period two weeks early, a week after taking the pill. I have had migraines, nausea, lower back pains, and diarrhea, but at least it worked."

notpreggo May 13, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "This is my second time taking Plan B Well, if your like me you had a mistake and needed to correct it asap . After the condom breaking I took Plan B about 20-30 minutes afterwards. I had 25 long days to wait but my period came about a week early . I had some breast tenderness and nausea . At least it's better than not being pregnant !!"

Sonotpreggo (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "It didn't work at all. I followed the instructions and took the pill within 12 hrs (and it states up to 72hrs) and now I'm pregnant. I wouldn't trust this pill anymore."

FailedPlanB May 11, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took Plan B a 1 week after it happened, got my period the next month at the usual time. The wait was the worst part (hoping it worked) I was cramping most of the time, my boobs got really tender, and legs hurt. Then come 5th of the month I got my period. Very thankful."

super thankful May 7, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "This morning I got my period!! One day early and so happy to have it. In the heat of the moment my partner and I were careless with our birth control. It was week 2 of my cycle. I took the Plan B pill 17 hours after intercourse. I read that taken within 36 hours it is 95% effective. That fact along with all of the positive reviews on here got me through the next few weeks without completely freaking out. Now I can add my own positive review, phew!! I had minimal side effects. Nothing I would make a fuss about!"

Phew!! May 5, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had sex about 2 weeks ago and the condom broke. As teenagers with our whole life ahead of us, we absolutely freaked. We drove to the store and I took the pill within 20-30 minutes after the mishap. After reading these reviews (much like some of you panicking right now) it really helped me to feel better. A week later, on my usual day, I got my period! I experienced some nausea, headaches, tender breasts and weird moods but it didn't help that I was already suffering from a minor cold. I am so happy and thankful for Plan B- it literally saved my life!!! My best advice is to stay as calm as possible- stressing can make the symptoms and waiting worse. Let your guy know you need as much support as possible! Breathe ladies:)"

Ecstatic (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "This is my fourth time in about 5 years taking plan b one step. I always take it about 2 hrs after unprotected sex. It works 100% ! It is miserable because you're emotional, cramping and I also get headaches. However, me and my husband are still students and we don't have money or time for a baby. Please please please think about your options. This is one! It is over the counter and easy to take."

Livyyy May 2, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I was traveling on business with my colleague and we ended up in the same bed. During the act, the condom slipped and we panicked, since both of us are married (not to each other). We went to local pharmacy within 60-mins to get the pill. We went bananas thinking about whether it will work or not. It was a long three week wait. Side effects included severe cramps and abdominal pain. Relax and breathe! It works!"

Jack&Jillwork April 30, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "So I took plan b on Easter (April 5) after a mess up , and I'm pretty sure it worked my cycle came on but the only problem Ive had with the plan b pill is my cycle was on longer then it was suppose to be and obviously most women wouldn't be comfortable having their cycle on longer then it's suppose to be but tht beats any unplanned pregnancy any day ."

cici bam April 29, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I were using condoms but one broke. I took plan b the next day. 9 months later our son was born...needless to say it did not work for me lol. I wasn't overweight either only 130 lbs"

Anonymous April 27, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Plan B is a life saver! My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time during my most fertile days while I was ovulating. He finished inside of me and the very next day we bought Plan B one step. I took it around 10 hours after the incident. I was worried non stop and reading these reviews night and day. Around two days later I experienced a yeast infection, which was mild, and cleaned up on its own a few days later, but I was freaking out. After research, I learned that Plan B can restart your cycle, causing the pH balance to be thrown off in the process, causing the yeast infection. I experienced a lot of mood swings over the few weeks, however my boyfriend was always extremely supportive and reminded me it would be alright and we had nothing to worry about. If it wasn’t for him, I would have drove myself bananas for those few weeks. I definitely recommend having your partner being a strong support system; it will make the process so much better when you know you’re not alone in this. I ended up getting my period two days ahead of time and the only negative side effect from plan B was heavy cramps I haven’t experienced before. I am now on birth control and look forward to never having to go through that again. Relax, ladies! It will work! (On a side note, I wasn’t aware the Plan B apparently had a weight limit until after I took the pill. There’s a myth that states it only works if you’re under 165 and will not work if you’re over 175. The fact of the matter is, when testing plan b, the group of tested women were all around the same weight, and there was no group of women that was tested that weighed over 175. So it is not so much as “It will not work”, but more of “we haven’t tested that far” I am 5’8, and over that weight limit. It worked for me, and it will work for you. Breathe! )"

kara1115 April 27, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "The pill does work. I had sex April 10th and took the generic brand called Take Action 2 hours after sex. My period was due 4/30 but today is 4/27 and I have my period. Symptoms I had were fatigue, spotting between periods, diarrhea, and lower abdominal pain. But now I got my period and don't want to take this pill again so I'm staying away from sex. Thank you there is a pill like this out in the world!"

Moreen2222222 April 27, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "We had unprotected sex and got really nervous because I pulled out but got scared a little got in there and we are both to young to have a baby so we went and got plan b she was right on ovulation but she took the pill withing 12 hours and had some side effects but none to bad and this weekend she started so this pill really does work"

Worried bf (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "On Saturday April 18 at 11pm I had sex and the condom broke, and that was the only protection I had. I was not on my fertile days. I was so scared, the next day at 10 am I went to buy the Plan B One-step pill. I was so nervous that it wouldn't work. But finally my period came 5 days after I had it! It works! Girls just keep calm, relax and let it work. Thanks a lot Plan B! You literally saved my life!"

Almm April 23, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex with a friend of mine after heavy drinking ( yes, I am 24 and I know it was a very stupid move) and realized we did not use protection probably 12 hours later when we were having breakfast. Initially after taking plan B, I did not have any symptoms. 5 days later I got the Plan b period which lasted 4 days.After all this stopped I thought I would be in the clear until my next period, however for the next almost 4 weeks I was nauseous, had chills, back pain and cramps. So to try to calm myself down I took a pregnancy test 3 weeks after intercourse followed by 26 days after intercourse ( both negative). 3 days ago I got my period and it was 3 days late. Try to stay calm as stress plays a huge factor. I am so thankful!!!!"

Anonymous April 20, 2015