Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 123 reviews 11 medications

9.5
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 123 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Review by lmk69:

For Emergency Contraception: Thank you to everyone who left a review letting me know that my cycle would be messed up and my 2nd period after taking Plan B would be late! My first period following the pill came right on time 2 weeks later but when the 2nd was 10 days late, I started to freak out. I stopped worrying after reading others experiences and now after another 8 days I finally got it. .. Yay! I would highly recommend this product. I took it within 12 hours and other than my slight panic attack a month later, it worked great!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Review by Wife & Mom to 2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My husband had just got a vasectomy, but there is a period of time where men are still fertile and we hadn't been cleared yet for zero sperm count. We had a few drinks and forgot to use protection. We knew I had either already ovulated or was about to ovulate at the time of our oops. The next day I took the pill and within a few hours I could tell it was taking effect. I got a lot of cramps on one side which kept occurring periodically for the two weeks after. I had some dizziness and extreme fatigue for a few days. The side effects were all listed on the package though. I think since I took the pill right around my fertile time it didn't mess up my cycle much. I started right on the day I was supposed to exactly two weeks after our oops.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 9:09 AM

Review by Baby stopper:

For Emergency Contraception: Well, I'm not pregnant so it worked for me. I took Plan B 44 hrs after the incident and I was ovulating. The only side effects I had was cramping and back aches a week after I took the pill and sometimes heat flashes. I was only a day late.

March 18, 2015 4:45 PM

Review by blondiegirl22 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Condom broke on Saturday night, took Plan B One Step on Sunday afternoon. After 6 symptom-free days, I started spotting on Saturday and by Sunday my period arrived with minor cramps and light bleeding. It takes time to work so just relax and let the pill do its job! I'm also well over the weight guidelines (I'm 197lbs) but it worked for me!! Thanks Plan B!

March 17, 2015 1:28 AM

Review by Anonymous112:

For Emergency Contraception: Me and my girlfriend had sex and the condom broke. We went to get Plan B 7 hours later and her period came 5 days early. Don't worry, I know the wait is bad but it will come eventually. Try to worry less and everything will be alright!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 12:19 AM

Review by Eastofedenwestofnowhere:

For Emergency Contraception: Had a condom mishap Friday, took the pill Saturday and it is now Thursday (5 days later) and my period is beginning to start. However you may experience vomiting, headaches, & light nausea but it's worth it ladies it works!

March 12, 2015 10:24 AM

Review by Anonymous12346678:

For Emergency Contraception: I was ovulating when I had sex and the condom broke. My boyfriend bought me the pill and I took it about 24 hours after the incident. It's been three weeks and I haven't started my period and I'm very worried

February 22, 2015 12:33 PM

Review by Rgt01 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B after approx. 2 hours after unprotected sex. That same day after a few hours I started to feel VERY bloated, and felt like that the following day as well. I honestly had difficulties driving since I also had pain on my right ovary area! I got my period 1 week after the pill and 1 week before it was supposed to be. Not to mention, but I've always gotten heavy period with NO cramps...just very bad headaches, they are awful! But girls Plan B really works. Definitely $50 is really worth it! Hopefully this help.

February 20, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by natjean:

For Emergency Contraception: This pill seriously works. If you were in the same position as me, you're sitting on this website reading the reviews and hoping the pill is working. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 12th when the condom broke. He was able to buy the pill the 14th some 50 hours after. I took it asap. I was very tired and felt nauseous and dizzy every so often after I took it. started spotting on the 19th and now it's the 20th and I just woke up with my period. The 50 dollars spent on buying the pill is much better than risking having a baby.

February 20, 2015 9:16 AM

Review by Anonymously-Me:

For Emergency Contraception: I had a condom mishap. After waiting 38 hours to take the pill I was a complete wreck. I was so nervous because getting pregnant would ruin my future at this young age. 5 days later I got my period with extreme cramping and heavy blood flow. The cramps were bad but it was all worth it. It worked.

February 16, 2015 8:23 PM

Review by after pill works:

For Emergency Contraception: I took it 1 hr after unprotected sex. First days no symptoms. Then I had stomach pains for about 5 days. After they went away I would wake up feeling weak and felt like throwing up when eating breakfast. After the morning I was fine all day. This all lasted for 2 weeks and period came 4 days before it was due! Thank you plan B so much. I was so stressed and scared, birth control will start asap!

January 24, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by NotPregnantPep (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex without realising it was the day that I was ovulating and took the pill within 17 hours. I experienced horrible stomach cramps, nausea and lower back pain but no period for 8 days and started to get really worried! I was convinced I was pregnant and kept looking at forums for information on pregnancy symptoms and implementation bleeding. Luckily on the 9th day I was very relieved to see I had started my period and I was having sleepless nights for nothing. It's an excruciatingly long wait but it's worth it so just hang in there. It definitely works, it may just take a while!

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Review by UniversityStudent:

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B exactly 36 hours afterwards. I was ovulating when everything went down and I was so scared that I had waited too long to take Plan B. After 9 painfully long (but symptom free) days I got my period. Much heavier than usual, but no complaints from me! My advice to all who were as stressed as me, wait it out. Eat healthy, exercise to jumpstart your period, and try your best to stay calm!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I took the pill the day after unprotected sex..I admit I was a bit skeptical about whether or not this works...but I got my period and it was only a day late....stress plays a huge part so try not to worry as much the pill works! I was lucky not to have any major side effects..all I had was a minor headache

January 9, 2015 9:19 PM

Review by kerry_k (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: It works! Took it like 20 mins after we had unprotected sex. I was so worried I cried and prayed. 12 days after I got my period I was so relieved.Trust me it works. They say that it doesn't work for overweight people but it does I'm 195lbs.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 8:44 PM

For Emergency Contraception: I just want to thank everyone who has shared there experiences with Plan B. If it was not for these reviews I would have had a heart attack waiting to see if my period would come or not. I made a mistake and right during ovulation had unprotected sex. I took Plan B less then 24 hours later. I thought all was going to be ok until I read that if you weigh over 165lbs this pill would probably not work. I had no side effects when I first took the pill but about a week later they started. I had this weird feeling in my throat on and off almost like I was going to be sick. I also had pains on and off in my stomach. The worst side effect was my chest was swollen and hurt. Good news is I got my period on the 30th day just like always.

January 4, 2015 8:32 PM

Review by LaurelAS:

For Emergency Contraception: Worked well for me! My period has pretty much always been regular and I've always kept track so I know what's going on. Last month, the first day was the 3rd, condom broke on the 16th. Perfect timing for ovulation! Took Plan B about 20 hours later on the 17th. From what I read online I was expecting all sorts of side effects but I guess I got lucky. I had some breast tenderness for about two days, that was it. Got my period today, the 2nd. Considering my fertility record of 100%, (we tried to get pregnant three times at the exact same time in my cycle and did each time), I would say the pill really does work! And a very big thank you to the makers!

January 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Review by Rbunny (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Took this 12 hours after incident. It was the last day of my period. My period was a week late but it was my own fault for stressing so much. I literally couldn't eat and it was thanks giving when I was due. Few days later my period came and all its cramps and hot flashes and glory. I never had been so happy to get it. My biggest advise is to stay calm. Reading these helped me so I'm trying to pay back the kind words of relief I read when I was in pieces. Stay calm. It works.

December 24, 2014 11:42 PM

Review by VeryRelievedBoyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My girlfriend took this about an hour after sex (Condom Broke), but it was during her time of ovulation (the 14th day of the cycle). So as I'm sure a bunch of you are freaking out about what others say about it on the internet, but it does work. She was very moody and experienced some cramps the day before she got it. She got her period about 3 days early (yesterday) and we couldn't have been more relieved. I asked a lot of people about the pill and they told me that I shouldn't worry, but I did. And in the end I shouldn't have stressed out about it. So I'm so happy about the effectiveness of this pill and the fact that she is not pregnant.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 10:39 AM

For Emergency Contraception: This is for those girls that are freaking out right now like I did and the only thing that will calm them down is to read these reviews, you are not alone. I'm 22 and just got into nursing school and CANNOT get pregnant. It turned into a night of freaking out and me crying because the condom broke. We had sex around 1:00am and by around 10:00am my boyfriend and I went to the store to get the Plan B pill. We had sex two days after my period was over so I had a month of worrying if I was pregnant or not. It was the worst month of my life. I thought the pill wasn't working because I had no symptoms BUT my period came ON TIME! I'm not pregnant! Hope this helps. The pill works ladies try not to worry.

December 7, 2014 11:20 AM

Review by Deliciousjello:

For Emergency Contraception: IT WORKS! I took it one hour after the condom broke and had my period 5 days later! If you take it sooner than 24 hours, you're absolutely guaranteed that it'll work! So stop worrying. You may have more discomforts than normal, but actually, I had no cramps at all and no aching! I always had them for the first two days. Lucky me! Ladies, it works.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Kayla122:

For Emergency Contraception: I had a incident on 11/26/14, so that same morning 11/27 I went and got a Plan B, that same day symptoms kicked in hard headache, Severe nausea and cramps and its still going on because today I started bleeding 12/5 and my period always come at the end of the month. I guess this is just confirmation that the pill work and I will still get my period around the end of December.

December 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by NotReady:

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex the day before ovulation. I wasn't aware at that time I was extremely fertile. I took Plan B within 6 hours after intercourse. I can't lie, I absolutely knew I was pregnant! I had all the symptoms. I was nauseated, headaches, swollen breasts, and I cramped daily. I was so ecstatic to see my period come on the same day it was expected! Birth control pills will be started today! Thanks Plan B!

December 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Review by Postpartumgirl:

For Emergency Contraception: For anyone who is freaking out. I am only 5 weeks postpartum imagine that. Had sex 2-3 days after period condom broke. Next day (less then 24 hours) I took plan B now it's been a week later and I'm bleeding and cramping! From what I see its normal and hopefully a good sign I'm not pregnant again!

November 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Review by NotAMomForNow (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I decided to share my experience because reading these while I was desperate waiting for my period really helped me! Girls, it works! Condom broke and I was ovulating. I took the pill within 1 hour and I got my period 5 days later! I had some cramps but it was all. So, just relax and wait. It works.

November 22, 2014 3:05 PM