User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 113 reviews 9 medications

9.4
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 113 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Review by after pill works:

For Emergency Contraception: I took it 1 hr after unprotected sex. First days no symptoms. Then I had stomach pains for about 5 days. After they went away I would wake up feeling weak and felt like throwing up when eating breakfast. After the morning I was fine all day. This all lasted for 2 weeks and period came 4 days before it was due! Thank you plan B so much. I was so stressed and scared, birth control will start asap!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by NotPregnantPep (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex without realising it was the day that I was ovulating and took the pill within 17 hours. I experienced horrible stomach cramps, nausea and lower back pain but no period for 8 days and started to get really worried! I was convinced I was pregnant and kept looking at forums for information on pregnancy symptoms and implementation bleeding. Luckily on the 9th day I was very relieved to see I had started my period and I was having sleepless nights for nothing. It's an excruciatingly long wait but it's worth it so just hang in there. It definitely works, it may just take a while!

January 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Review by UniversityStudent:

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B exactly 36 hours afterwards. I was ovulating when everything went down and I was so scared that I had waited too long to take Plan B. After 9 painfully long (but symptom free) days I got my period. Much heavier than usual, but no complaints from me! My advice to all who were as stressed as me, wait it out. Eat healthy, exercise to jumpstart your period, and try your best to stay calm!

January 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I took the pill the day after unprotected sex..I admit I was a bit skeptical about whether or not this works...but I got my period and it was only a day late....stress plays a huge part so try not to worry as much the pill works! I was lucky not to have any major side effects..all I had was a minor headache

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 9:19 PM

Review by kerry_k (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: It works! Took it like 20 mins after we had unprotected sex. I was so worried I cried and prayed. 12 days after I got my period I was so relieved.Trust me it works. They say that it doesn't work for overweight people but it does I'm 195lbs.

January 6, 2015 8:44 PM

For Emergency Contraception: I just want to thank everyone who has shared there experiences with Plan B. If it was not for these reviews I would have had a heart attack waiting to see if my period would come or not. I made a mistake and right during ovulation had unprotected sex. I took Plan B less then 24 hours later. I thought all was going to be ok until I read that if you weigh over 165lbs this pill would probably not work. I had no side effects when I first took the pill but about a week later they started. I had this weird feeling in my throat on and off almost like I was going to be sick. I also had pains on and off in my stomach. The worst side effect was my chest was swollen and hurt. Good news is I got my period on the 30th day just like always.

January 4, 2015 8:32 PM

Review by LaurelAS:

For Emergency Contraception: Worked well for me! My period has pretty much always been regular and I've always kept track so I know what's going on. Last month, the first day was the 3rd, condom broke on the 16th. Perfect timing for ovulation! Took Plan B about 20 hours later on the 17th. From what I read online I was expecting all sorts of side effects but I guess I got lucky. I had some breast tenderness for about two days, that was it. Got my period today, the 2nd. Considering my fertility record of 100%, (we tried to get pregnant three times at the exact same time in my cycle and did each time), I would say the pill really does work! And a very big thank you to the makers!

January 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Review by Rbunny (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Took this 12 hours after incident. It was the last day of my period. My period was a week late but it was my own fault for stressing so much. I literally couldn't eat and it was thanks giving when I was due. Few days later my period came and all its cramps and hot flashes and glory. I never had been so happy to get it. My biggest advise is to stay calm. Reading these helped me so I'm trying to pay back the kind words of relief I read when I was in pieces. Stay calm. It works.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 11:42 PM

Review by VeryRelievedBoyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My girlfriend took this about an hour after sex (Condom Broke), but it was during her time of ovulation (the 14th day of the cycle). So as I'm sure a bunch of you are freaking out about what others say about it on the internet, but it does work. She was very moody and experienced some cramps the day before she got it. She got her period about 3 days early (yesterday) and we couldn't have been more relieved. I asked a lot of people about the pill and they told me that I shouldn't worry, but I did. And in the end I shouldn't have stressed out about it. So I'm so happy about the effectiveness of this pill and the fact that she is not pregnant.

December 12, 2014 10:39 AM

For Emergency Contraception: This is for those girls that are freaking out right now like I did and the only thing that will calm them down is to read these reviews, you are not alone. I'm 22 and just got into nursing school and CANNOT get pregnant. It turned into a night of freaking out and me crying because the condom broke. We had sex around 1:00am and by around 10:00am my boyfriend and I went to the store to get the Plan B pill. We had sex two days after my period was over so I had a month of worrying if I was pregnant or not. It was the worst month of my life. I thought the pill wasn't working because I had no symptoms BUT my period came ON TIME! I'm not pregnant! Hope this helps. The pill works ladies try not to worry.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2014 11:20 AM

Review by Deliciousjello:

For Emergency Contraception: IT WORKS! I took it one hour after the condom broke and had my period 5 days later! If you take it sooner than 24 hours, you're absolutely guaranteed that it'll work! So stop worrying. You may have more discomforts than normal, but actually, I had no cramps at all and no aching! I always had them for the first two days. Lucky me! Ladies, it works.

December 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Kayla122:

For Emergency Contraception: I had a incident on 11/26/14, so that same morning 11/27 I went and got a Plan B, that same day symptoms kicked in hard headache, Severe nausea and cramps and its still going on because today I started bleeding 12/5 and my period always come at the end of the month. I guess this is just confirmation that the pill work and I will still get my period around the end of December.

December 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by NotReady:

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex the day before ovulation. I wasn't aware at that time I was extremely fertile. I took Plan B within 6 hours after intercourse. I can't lie, I absolutely knew I was pregnant! I had all the symptoms. I was nauseated, headaches, swollen breasts, and I cramped daily. I was so ecstatic to see my period come on the same day it was expected! Birth control pills will be started today! Thanks Plan B!

December 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Review by Postpartumgirl:

For Emergency Contraception: For anyone who is freaking out. I am only 5 weeks postpartum imagine that. Had sex 2-3 days after period condom broke. Next day (less then 24 hours) I took plan B now it's been a week later and I'm bleeding and cramping! From what I see its normal and hopefully a good sign I'm not pregnant again!

November 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Review by NotAMomForNow (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I decided to share my experience because reading these while I was desperate waiting for my period really helped me! Girls, it works! Condom broke and I was ovulating. I took the pill within 1 hour and I got my period 5 days later! I had some cramps but it was all. So, just relax and wait. It works.

November 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by Amaccc (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: My girlfriend and I had to use this contraceptive twice. Both times it WORKED! I'm only a teenager so this was very important because I didn't have the money to support a baby nor did she. It was a very grueling month waiting for her period to come but it did. Her period did come about 4 days late. But if you do take it within the time, I had her take it 30 minutes before both times and it should be bound to work.

November 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by Sarah A:

For Emergency Contraception: I needed to share my experience because I've been going crazy searching for piece of mind these last few days. I had stopped the birth control pill in late September because of high blood pressure and since then stopped my periods. I always use protection and didn't like just trusting condoms. The one time I used just condoms it has slipped off during ovulation or what I think was ovulation. 48 hours later was when I could took the Plan B, 7 exhausting days later I started getting pains in my right ovary but no period. The next day I had no cramping and a little drop of blood. That scared me becuse I hear that women can have implantation bleeding. The day after that I woke up to really bad cramping and heavy bleeding. I really hope that means It worked.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 4:21 AM

Review by Demi167178:

For Emergency Contraception: The incident happened 5 days ago. I was really nervous and paranoid of what to expect since it was my first time. 13 hours later, I took the pill and took a nap. I woke up with tender breasts, sharp abdominal cramps, body aches all over, fatigue, and I was nauseated. This lasted for 2 days but it was a week of emotions and mood swings. Nothing that I could not handle though. I was not due for another week, however, I woke up with my period today. I was very relieved and I'm thankful to take immediate action. I would not recommend taking it all over again but in inevitable situations, this really helped.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 4:29 AM

Review by Anon87339:

For Emergency Contraception: Last month I took a Plan B pill about 12 hours after my accident. And I got my period a week early. I did have bad cramps, but the flow was normal. This month my period is about 8 days late. I have really tender breasts, and I get cramps on and off all day. If I am pregnant it's not because Plan B failed. I read other forums and people were saying that their second period after Plan B was either later or didn't come.

October 29, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by VanessaGeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: I took this pill after 24 hours of the accident. 5 days later I got what they say is a "Plan B Period" even though I got that I was still stressing think of the what if's, the next month my period was late 7 days late in fact but it eventually came. I am so thankful for this pill. What I learned is don't stress if you take the pill directed you will be fine. The only down side was I got extremely tired

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 6:28 AM

Review by lola la:

For Emergency Contraception: I'm so happy Plan B helped me! I took a pill after 30 hours unprotected sex and I had my period in a week.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Relieved Couple:

For Emergency Contraception: A little over a week ago the condom broke during sex. So within 20 minutes we went and got the pill and I took it. I have always had an irregular period, meaning I go months sometimes without periods, so I had no idea what stage I was at within my menstrual cycle. After 8 long days of cramps, back pain, tender breasts, and serious mood swings, I got a period! If it worked for me, it will work for you, too. The key is to take it as soon as possible and to remain calm. The more stressed you are, the longer you'll go without a period. And yes, you may have some terrible symptoms. But at the moment, it's better than being pregnant!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by Wee:

For Emergency Contraception: So me & a friend got really drunk & we ended up having sex, which I only have flashbacks of. He doesn't remember anything so I chose to tell him we didn't do it because I didn't want him to know he was the one who took my virginity. So I took the pill about 40 hours after, I was extremely scared!! Only thinking the worst. Then 7 long days later, I got my period!!! I had really bad cramping. I wanted to share my story because a lot of yours helped me calm my nerves! Xoxo

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by Anonymous6789:

For Emergency Contraception: Two days after my period ended, the condom broke during sex. I took the pill close to two hours afterwards and got cramps later that night. It has been exactly a week since my period ended and I just received my monthly after a long night of cramps. Weird, since I just had my period. I can't complain about the side effects because I would take cramps over labor pains any day. I am a college student and I am so relieved that I am not pregnant.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by Laurr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: It works. However 30 minutes after I took it, I had very sharp cramps. I started my period 2 weeks later, and it was the worst period ever. It was extremely heavy, long, I had horrible headaches and cramps, and it made my period look like real blood like I had been cut or something. I wouldn't recommend using it often. That being said, yes it does work but I hope I don't ever have to use it again.

August 18, 2014 1:10 AM