User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 91 reviews 24 medications

9.4
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 91 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Review by Anonymous6789:

For Emergency Contraception: Two days after my period ended, the condom broke during sex. I took the pill close to two hours afterwards and got cramps later that night. It has been exactly a week since my period ended and I just received my monthly after a long night of cramps. Weird, since I just had my period. I can't complain about the side effects because I would take cramps over labor pains any day. I am a college student and I am so relieved that I am not pregnant.

August 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by Laurr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: It works. However 30 minutes after I took it, I had very sharp cramps. I started my period 2 weeks later, and it was the worst period ever. It was extremely heavy, long, I had horrible headaches and cramps, and it made my period look like real blood like I had been cut or something. I wouldn't recommend using it often. That being said, yes it does work but I hope I don't ever have to use it again.

August 18, 2014 1:10 AM

Review by LilKate:

For Emergency Contraception: I've taken this 2-3 times. The first few times mild cramping occurred but nothing major. The most recent occurance resulted in cramps immediately afterwards and bleeding, I mean heavy period type, 5 days after I took it, a mere 2 weeks after I had started my last cycle. The bleeding lasted about 4 days. I thought perhaps it had reset my cycle but nope, got my "normal" period a few days early and it has been the most painful and heaviest I've experienced in some time. Obviously Plan B works, although I have no idea whether or not I was even at risk of being pregnant. Just know it will possibly upset your cycle.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 5:27 PM

Review by Xel123:

For Emergency Contraception: Had sex on the 7th of August. Took Plan B about 23 hours after from the intercourse. Haven't gotten my period yet because I'm not supposed to be due until the 20th of August but a major side effect that I've been experiencing is a MAJOR amount of tiredness and exhaustion! When I got home from work the day after I took the pill, I went upstairs around 9pm to sleep and woke up the next day around 1pm. I wake up extremely exhausted and my feet start to get tired as well. Also I barely ever hungry anymore... I'm 18 years old so this is very unusual for a teen... Hopefully my period comes soon.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Relieved Boyfriend:

For Emergency Contraception: I'm writing this for people who I know are probably trying to find relief in this reviews, and I did the same thing so I'm gonna offer my experience to help them out. Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex, I was nervous so she took the Plan B about 26-28 hours and then the terrible waiting began. About day 7 and 8 she started spotting and cramping and then finally, on the 9th day she got her period. So relax, because this pill is very effective.

August 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by not pregnant! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: This pill works! Trust it. I took it 34 hours after a condom slip. I experienced tiredness, BLOATING and minor abdominal discomfort, not so much as pain. I started spotting then it completely stopped for two days but nonetheless my period came! three days earlier then I expected and a lot heavier then normal but it came! Trust this pill it is a miracle worker. Take the pill between the 72 hour time frame, relax and hope for the best! 55 dollars is nothing compared to the cost of getting pregnant! Best of luck ladies!

August 4, 2014 8:00 PM

Review by Dont stress (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B about 2 weeks after my period around the time I would have ovulated 3 days later I bled for 3 days and when I should have gotten my period. I didn't I was 18 days late! But if you count from when I took Plan B to when I got my period it was a month so I think it just reset my period, it worked but the waiting was not fun.

August 3, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by jbug20:

For Emergency Contraception: I took this approximately 48 hours after unprotected sex while I was ovulating. I felt fine after taking the pill. A few days before my period was due I experienced major mood swings, bloating, cramps and sore breasts. These symptoms lasted the few days before I was due and then the symptoms stopped on the actual day I was due. But no period. Needless to say I was freaking out! (This is why I am writing this to help others from freaking) -- I was supposed to start on a Friday. Then Saturday rolls around, then Sunday and no period... Just really, really sore breasts on Sunday. That Monday evening I finally started and had breast tenderness, cramps, headache, tiredness... But atleast I started - 3 (longest days of my life) days late.

July 28, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by Qwertyuiopg:

For Emergency Contraception: I didn't think I'd be writing this but I realized there's probably a lot of scared women/men out there who need some help. IT WORKS. IT TAKES TIME BUT IT WORKS! Stressing out was the worst mistake during this because it will cause your period to delay even more. It made me depressed and the cramps are terrible. But once I woke up and went pee this morning there it was. I've never been so happy to see my period!! Exactly a week after I had taken Plan B one step it had finally came. My advice is to be patient and do things to get it off of your mind. Looking at good reviews really helped me out!

July 28, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Nora27:

For Emergency Contraception: I took it after not using a condom just 4 days after my normal period. Later that day I felt sick, emotional, and dizzy. The next day I felt better. The second day I felt sick again, dizzy, nauseas, lower abdomen cramps, and very emotional. I woke up feeling depressed, then by the afternoon it turned to feeling edgy and angry like very intense PMS that I've never experienced before. On the fifth day after taking it I started my period which lasted 5 days with heavy- to normal period bleeding. Then it tapered off to low flow spot bleeding, noticeable most when urinating or sex. Some days it's heavier than others, this is still going on 7 days after the 2nd period. It worked but it's miserable.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 9:35 PM

Review by Mstke1:

For Emergency Contraception: I took the pill within an hour after having unprotected sex. It was my first time. I was so freaked out. But now, I write this as my Aunt Flow is in town. Super happy. I was only a day late too, and cramping was normal so no complaints.

July 24, 2014 12:41 PM

Review by gratefulgirl100:

For Emergency Contraception: I was not going to post a review but decided to after realizing there might be someone out there very nervous right now. I had sex a day after my period ended and while I probably didn't even need it, I was very scared, being a teenager, and decided to take Plan B. I took it five hours after the incident and I didn't have any side effects. I got my period 1 week 2 days after the pill, which is odd considering I just had it, but Plan B messes up your period. Now I'm not sure whether my next period will come when it was originally supposed to, or in a month, but since I got my period I know Plan B worked. I worried myself sick but reading all the positive reviews helped and I hope this one does too!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2014 5:44 PM

Review by Thank God (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Me and my girlfriend had sex sadly the condom broke. I was so confused, I rushed to a local Walgreens and purchased the pill. Which was about two hours after our incident. Then here came the long waiting. We waited and nothing. I thought day after day. Guys let me tell you I have a future and this pill saved it. Don't use it as a birth control it is used for what it says, emergency only. Thanks science.

July 5, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by Frenzy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: If this pill doesn't work then no pill will work. Condom broke an I was scared to death. Took this pill within 12 hours, got my period 5 days late (the worst 5 days if my life). Never been so happy bleeding. P.S. Except for mild cramping I did not have any side effect.

July 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Review by Had a mistake:

For Emergency Contraception: Girlfriend took this pill after an accident as we practice extremely safe sex... She took the pill 10 hours after the incident on June 8th, her last period was around May 14th. It is now June 23rd and she got her period! Obviously it is pretty late but that is a side effect from the pill. Around 3 days after she was complaining of cramping which is what I have come to understand was the pill working. So after 2 stress filled weeks of waiting everything is fine! This pill will definitely mess with your cycle but it does the job and I am so thankful for it.

June 23, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by emilia11:

For Emergency Contraception: I'm 17, I had protected sexual intercourse the condom ripped and that's when I decided to take Plan B. I did not think that this pill would work, its my first time trying something like this but the pill actually worked for me. Today I'm relieved that I got my period. Thanks to Plan B I don't have to worry anymore.

May 18, 2014 5:04 PM

Review by Relieved Boyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: If you're here reading these comments, that means you're a boy or girl in the same position I was: A mistake was made somewhere and you're concerned about pregnancy. The waiting is gruesome, but I'm here to assure you; this pill works. After ingesting the pill 16 hours after sex, a period of terrible waiting began. My girlfriend and I were both antsy and scared, and the time of her expected period came and went. She was 8 days late, but alas, she had it. This pill works in mysterious ways that can cause a later period, but I'm here to tell you there is nothing to worry about. It's scary, it's unsettling, but I'm here to tell you to calm down and relax because this pill will take care of everything.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2014 5:34 PM

Review by notpreg (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Emergency Contraception: Me and my boyfriend had protected sex on April 15th. Unfortunately, the condom broke. I took Plan B One-Step about 20-30 minutes later (the sooner you take it the better it works). My period was due in another week, so the anxiety began. I was very sleepy and sick to my stomach for about 6 days but I just got my period! I've never been so happy. If you took the pill within a 24 hour time frame you have nothing to worry about. Stress will cause your period to delay even more. Just relax, you'll be okay. This pill is very effective. Accidents happen, and that's okay. Plan B is only for emergency use though. I am so glad women have the option to this.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Had unprotected sex the day after my period ended. Took the pill within 35 hours after sex. Experienced headaches and tender breasts for the next week or more. Then nothing really. The week of my next period there was a very light flow of a dark red, clumpy discharge. I thought it was spotting and it lasted about 2.5 days. Then nothing for a day. Then I had the worst headache ever and stayed in bed for hours. Later realized this was my period and it had been right on time. No pregnancy.

April 17, 2014 9:47 AM

Review by Its works!:

For Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex April 1. We were so scared we waited 24 hours to get the pill. What can I say I had no symptoms at all my period comes the 22 of every month and today is Apr 8 and I got it!! I got it so early and very light I usually have it very heavy and I'm happy.

April 8, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by Nonyi:

For Emergency Contraception: Plan B One Step really works. I know you're probably nervous and worrying about the effectiveness, but I just want to tell you to relax. Let me just tell you my story, I had sex February 4th and the condom broke. So me and my boyfriend drove to the pharmacy and purchased the Plan B One Step. I took it, so it was about 20-30 mins after the incident happened that I took the pill. I began to feel one symptom about 1 hr later, I was extremely tired, and had little energy. It lasted for 2 days then wore off. So I was expecting my period about a month away so I went crazy. I missed one period and finally got my one 12 days after my missed period. So Plan B actually works.

April 8, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by Not preggers:

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last week and took the Plan B One-Step the day after and I got my period today. And I'm so happy I got my period today! So definitely look into this. It's way better than being pregnant.

April 2, 2014 4:20 PM

Review by Very Happy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she took the Plan B pill the day after, like 13 hours later. I couldn't sleep and I was very nervous. She got her period a week later, It was heavy, which I guess is also a good thing haha. If your reading these reviews to make you feel better, I've been in your shoes. Just have faith in it, it'll work don't worry.

March 25, 2014 7:41 PM

Review by regret (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: This pill definitely works. My initial cycle started 7 days after I took the pill. I ended up having two periods Last month because of the pill. I received my next period about 6 weeks after I took the pill. I had no side effects at all! However, it changed my period completely. My flow isn't heavy as it used to and it still has this dry blood appearance (dark red instead of the normal color of blood). Its also more fluidy or watery than the usual blood. All in all, my worry is that my body did not take this pill as well as others.

March 22, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Happy ! THANK YOU GOD. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: On January 21, the condom broke. My boyfriend purchased it the next day. I took the pill about 18 hours later. Immediately I started to experience side effects like headaches, cramps & body aches. After a week my side effects was light cramping & mild headaches. I got my period today ! My period usually comes round the first week of every month; So im a couple days late. I never been so happy to be in so much pain. I normally have bad cramps so this is nothing new. Be patient & dont stress.

March 10, 2014 3:06 PM