User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"Sometimes things get out of hand, and before you know it, you're rushing to go grab plan b at the crack of dawn. I was just finishing my menstrual cycle when I took the pill and was feeling a lot of anxiety about having to wait a whole month to see whether it would work or not. Five days after taking plan b I experienced heavy bleeding, much heavier than my actual period. It lasted for about a week... and then nothing. I ended up being a total of ten days late for my period. I know it's easy to freak out BUT DON'T. This pill is used as emergency contraception because it had to go through a series of tests before it could even be put on the shelves. It works. Wishing you all the best of luck!"

Thank-Goodness (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

"Got severe menstrual-like and abdominal cramps as well as severe diarrhea. But it worked!"

Alyssa J. (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

"Took this pill 48 hours after sex and it worked! I just had a little bit of cramping and I suddenly got my period early."

Anonymous 1888 February 2, 2016

"I've written my experience before but I can feel like I can still help. This works. And to be honest this is risky, but DO NOT stress about it. Stress can make you feel all sorts of physical symptoms, some even similar to pregnancy. That will make you feel like the pill didn't work and you'll go crazy. Don't search for things on the internet. Because you aren't the person who's experience you're reading (except this, this helps!). Don't go on healthline.com or mayo clinic or anything. I took this and my period came a week early, 2 weeks after I took the pill. That is my new start date. and I now experience ovulation symptoms and my period is a little lighter! So worth it to know this WORKS."

not pregnant 7 months later! February 2, 2016

"To start off, in most cases, plan b works. I'm 18 and had sex for the first time. Unfortunately, the condom broke. After about 2 hours, I took the pill. I did not experience any side effects besides the bleeding. I bled 4 days after taking the pill. (Common) then my period's original date came and still no period. After 2 weeks of waiting, I finally got my period. Don't worry ladies, stress can make it come later so try not to stress and just relax. As long as your weight is under 165 lbs and you take the pill within 72 hours, you should have no problems!"

Anonymous February 1, 2016

"It was December 23 and the condom broke I got took the pill 40 some hours later it's now Jan 29 and I still haven't gotten my period my last was Dec 9th starting to think the pill deffenetly didn't work for me :("

Anonymous January 31, 2016

"My boyfriend and I had protected sex just yesterday (Friday, January 29, 2016). He used a condom--as usual. But, this time, unfortunately, the condom came off--either while he was still penetrated or after he pulled out. This scared us both so much, because there's a very high chance that semen could had entered my vaginal tract and went further into my reproductive system. He didn't want to take the risk, so he decided for us to immediately go to out and buy Plan B One Step. I took the pill, with not water, but Canada Dry ginger ale, about one hour after we had sex. I waited two hours to expect symptoms, and still haven't experienced any, except for fatigue. It's been about 12 hours now today. I'm wondering if I'm going to have symptoms"

PrettyFace18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

"First and foremost let me say, for all the girls out the reading these reviews. STOP STRESSING. My bf and I tried to have sex on Jan.10. It was protected but he took the condom off at one point to see if it would go in better it did but only for a second. We ended up not having sex because I was to tight lol. I started reading about "precum" which is something my bf does get a lot of. I read how it can get you prego and I flipped out. I took "Take Action" on the 12th of January approximately 30hrs later. It made me really sleepy that day and the next day upset stomach. After a week of nothing and a week of cramps and slight nausea I got my period today, on the 26th, same as last month. I'm getting some birth control now ladies! Take care."

Anonumus January 27, 2016

"Listen, I had sex on 01/08/16 and the condom came off when he withdrew. It was every where. I took Plan B about 13 hours later. I got every side effect ever. Nausea, bloating, VERY TIRED, headache, lower back pain and CRAMPS!!! Lots of cramps!!! I will not tell you to relax because I couldn't relax AT ALL for two weeks. I had no sign of a period at all for over a week and a half. I woke up everyday freaking out! Yesterday I got spotting and then my mind raced and I googled everything! Today AF came. 12 days after plan b and 1 week late on period. It absolutely messes with your hormones and you will be hyper sensitive to every side effect you get and I KNOW you will think your pregnant as soon as you feel a sign but it is the hormones."

Absolutelyterrified January 20, 2016

"So after I've taken the pill for the second time in one year, I decide to share my experience to comfort some other girls who's worrying like me before. Both time were caused by condom broken (twice a year! Can't believe the odds!) Both time happened during my 20-ish day after the last period. So my cycle is about 31-35 days, which means I could be either ovulating or a few ( or one) days after ovulation. Not good, because I see somewhere that the pill won't do anything after ovulation. Anyway, I took the pill within 3 hours both time. I didn't have any side effect. And my period came as usual. The pill didn't mess up my cycle either. So sit and rest girls. Let the pill do its work."

Donhdibfusind January 19, 2016

"Well I was recently on depo and it was cool at first then all the mood swings, nauseousness, and headaches started "

Muvaspeaks January 19, 2016

"Well a good medicine if taken in time to stop pregnancy but the side effects it hurts. I had cramps and headaches which are terrible for me."

pratyusha banerjee (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

"So, I had unprotected sex about a week ago, and we used the "pullout" method. He didn't ejaculate in me, but I was still nervous, so I went and bought Plan B about 4 hours later and took it. The only side effect I had was being very tied for about the next two days. I was extremely stressed for this past weekend, waiting for my period to come. It finally came today! It is great! Just relax, and don't stress, the pill will work if you give it some time."

stressbegone January 16, 2016

"I had unprotected sex on 01/08/2016, things got pretty passionate and my SO finished in me 3 times that night. I know freaking crazy. I took the pill about 12 hrs later with a full glass of water. I was fretting for 7 days because the pill absolutely did nothing to me, no side effects. But last night 01/14/2016 I got my period as scheduled!!! Hooray! Ladies relax, it works! It's crazy actually I was so nervous, and my SO decided to "calm me down" with some more sex (I know) I literally got it 30 minutes after that. I think it actually helped me bring it on.Now I have the worst period though ugh but I'm so not complaining, as of now its better than pregnancy pain. Good luck all!!"

Yay for Menstrual pain (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

"Hi ladies! Take a deep breath. I was so skeptic about this pill, but IT WORKS! I had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend a week before my period was due. He didn't ejaculate in me, but the internet has scared me about the possibility of a precum pregnancy. He bought me the plan b pill the next morning, and I took it 6 hours after sex. Unfortunately I experienced a lot of symptoms for almost 2 weeks: cramps, bloating, fatigue, depression and major anxiety. I drove myself out of my mind with worry. My period was 6 days late (almost 2 weeks after taking the pill) when I woke up with nausea. I thought for sure it was morning sickness, until I went to the bathroom and saw that my period had started! Now bleeding heavily, but I'm so thankful!"

bloodfinally! January 15, 2016

"My lover and I had unprotected sex on 12/26 when afterwards I realized I was at my prime ovulation time (Day 13 of my cycle; I have a 26 day cycle). As it was Saturday evening I couldn't get plan B that night. The next day 12/27 was a Sunday so all the pharmacies were closed. By the time I got my Plan B it was already Monday late afternoon and almost 48 hours after sex. I took it immediately and felt nothing at all, no nausea, no vomiting, no diarrhea, nothing...except I was very tired and Monday night slept for close to 12 hours. What followed was 2 full weeks of pure stress. Imagine how happy I was when I got my period on my scheduled date! So relax, girls, if you take plan B according to its instructions it will work."

Belle810 (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

"I hadn't had sex in three years. I kind of got pressured into having sex. It was horrible. I was only a few seconds before it was over and he had cummed in me. Ugh"

Am I Thinking to much January 11, 2016

"I first took this 1.5 yrs ago. I knew there was no chance of me getting pregnant as I was to get my period any day, but my bf insisted, so I took it. Was a little nauseous and tired and got my period three days later as usual. I took it recently after unprotected sex with FWB when ovulating. I messed up my ovulation calculations and freaked out when I realized. Took the pill 21 hours after sex and had a terrible feeling. Was tired that week but that was it. Next week I was sure I was pregnant. Cramping, tired, breast changes, dizzy at times, diarrhea, and nauseous, especially in the evening and at night. I'm a divorced mother so I know what being pregnant feels like and I was panicked. Got my period four days early. So happy!!!!"

Not pregnant January 4, 2016

"I never write reviews on anything, but due to the fact that I was freaking out I know most girls are on the same boat I was. I looked everywhere just to read that it actually works and let me you, it works!!! As long as it is taken as the direction say. I has unprotected sex on Dec 28 and and within an hour or hour and a half I was taking plan b. I did not have side effects after taking the pill, I was actually worried that it was having no effect on me because I felt absolutely nothing. I'm usually never the kind to get bad cramps when menstruating either way. My period was due on Jan 2 but instead I got it a day earlier. Please have patience, let the pill do what it does and you'll be fine."

SavedbytheB (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

"Hello ladies well I will share my experience with plan B I had unprotected sex on the 9th of October and it was late so I couldn't get the pill so u got it the next day in the morning at 9 so roughly I took the pill 15 hours later and I was ok but still freaking out so I got a pregnancy test a week later and it was negative and also that week I got my period then in November I got my period but a bit late then now it's December and I haven't gotten it yet but I have back pain and a headache Please help :("

Mickamo December 30, 2015

"My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex 11 days ago. I didn't cum inside of her but I was scared that pre-cum got inside her. She took the pill 49 hours after we had sex and we had to wait a long 9 days after taking the pill before she got her period. This pill will work for you, I promise. After taking plan B she experienced pregnancy like symptoms for the next few days. Swollen breasts, lower back pain, severe cramping, hunger, sweet tooth, stomach pains. But it works, just give it time."

KevinFromHomeAlone (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2015

"Had unprotected sex, 18 yrs old, took the pill the third day, little nauseous- waiting for my period, but this pill works wonders :)"

S..7 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

"Thank God for plan b! After stressing for two weeks, my cycle finally came on!"

Rihya (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

"I hope I can shed some light to you all. I had unprotected sex on a "high day" during my ovulation cycle and also the next day . Both times he finished fully. I was completely unaware at the time I was ovulating and didn't think anything of it . once I realized I was which was about 40 hours after the fact I went to get plan b one step and too my surprise the pharmacy was closed . I finally was able to get the pill 63 hours later and took it . I had no side effects with the pill and honestly knew I was pregnant and was freaking out. I had cramping the week after I took the pill and one week later my period came right on time so relax ladies the pill does work ! & I was ovulating !"

keyabeya (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

"Hey ladies, just wanted not share my VERY STUPID but scariest experience I ever went through so I had unprotected sex on the day that one of my apps said is my highest ovulation day ( didn't realize until after I did the do) I also had sex the following day unprotected as well which was a very dumb by the time I got to a store the pharmacy was closed and I had to wait until the following day which was Monday to take the pill after I took it I had no side effects except for FEAR I had to wait two weeks until my period was suppose to come and then boom it came !! Ladies please don't stress the pill will work I took it 60 hours after the fact and my period came two days early."

dodgedthebullet December 11, 2015