Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step review summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Moreen2222222 (taken for less than 1 month):

The pill does work. March 10th, 2014 I brought Plan B one step after having sex with my boyfriend 7 hours later. I had very bad symptoms which was cramping, lower abdominal pain, and fatigue. These are symptoms of the pill. However my period came 12 days later. I had to take the pill again April 10th 2015 ( I took the generic brand Take Action) and I'm experiencing the same symptoms. Just now waiting for my period. It hasn't been 12 days yet and I'm not due until the 30th or 1st (last period started March 31st 2015 ) but it does work and I'm expecting a period in the next few days hopefully

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 4:33 PM

I had unprotected sex with a friend of mine after heavy drinking ( yes, I am 24 and I know it was a very stupid move) and realized we did not use protection probably 12 hours later when we were having breakfast. Initially after taking plan B, I did not have any symptoms. 5 days later I got the Plan b period which lasted 4 days.After all this stopped I thought I would be in the clear until my next period, however for the next almost 4 weeks I was nauseous, had chills, back pain and cramps. So to try to calm myself down I took a pregnancy test 3 weeks after intercourse followed by 26 days after intercourse ( both negative). 3 days ago I got my period and it was 3 days late. Try to stay calm as stress plays a huge factor. I am so thankful!!!!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 1:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

My best advice is to stay calm. The pill works even if she is over weight. I had two wait two long weeks but reading these reviews helped calm my nerves. She took the pill within 24 hours. The faster you take it, the better. However learn from your mistakes so this wont happen again. Hope this helps.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 1:39 AM

Review by Lizziev (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex on April 8th took the pill 12hrs later! Experienced a few cramps and extreme tiredness! Yesterday April 14th my period started and I am extremely happy that this pill worked! Also I heard it does not work on overweight people but I weigh 180 and it worked for me!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 1:20 PM

Review by Plan B requires patience.:

The condom broke during sex, I ejaculated and my girlfriend was ovulating. We purchased Plan B and she took it about 7 hours after the mishap. This was March 19th. We stayed relaxed but as the days went by the tension and the stress kept getting worse for us both, her period didn't come on the day that it was supposed to so she was losing it! I told her to wait a few days and for our surprise the next day her period arrived on April 3rd. Plan B works, it just requires patience. Be safe out there!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 3:41 PM

I took Plan b after an unexpected unprotected sexual situation. After the fact I realized it was right around my fertile time. I went right to the store and purchased Plan B. I took it about an hour after sex. I am usually very sensitive to the hormones in oral contraceptives (that's why I don't take them) and I was very worried about the side effects. I was surprised, I had no side effects at all. I was concerned because I thought maybe it wasn't working because I had no cramping, headache, nausea, etc like the package said could happen. I calculated the day that I should get my next period and waited. I was sweating it the entire time! I ended up getting my period about 2 days earlier than expected...fine with me!!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Review by jon&meme (taken for less than 1 month):

On March 20 the condom slipped off and we didnt notice so I got her the pill 7 hours after the accident and the days passed by and I was freaking out because I'm still young and would ruin my future. April 2 her period came on.. and we are so relieved!! It says it dont work for overweight people but it did for her, 200 lbs. Just stay relax.

April 3, 2015 1:12 AM

Review by lmk69:

Thank you to everyone who left a review letting me know that my cycle would be messed up and my 2nd period after taking Plan B would be late! My first period following the pill came right on time 2 weeks later but when the 2nd was 10 days late, I started to freak out. I stopped worrying after reading others experiences and now after another 8 days I finally got it. .. Yay! I would highly recommend this product. I took it within 12 hours and other than my slight panic attack a month later, it worked great!

March 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Review by Wife & Mom to 2 (taken for less than 1 month):

My husband had just got a vasectomy, but there is a period of time where men are still fertile and we hadn't been cleared yet for zero sperm count. We had a few drinks and forgot to use protection. We knew I had either already ovulated or was about to ovulate at the time of our oops. The next day I took the pill and within a few hours I could tell it was taking effect. I got a lot of cramps on one side which kept occurring periodically for the two weeks after. I had some dizziness and extreme fatigue for a few days. The side effects were all listed on the package though. I think since I took the pill right around my fertile time it didn't mess up my cycle much. I started right on the day I was supposed to exactly two weeks after our oops.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 9:09 AM

Review by Baby stopper:

Well, I'm not pregnant so it worked for me. I took Plan B 44 hrs after the incident and I was ovulating. The only side effects I had was cramping and back aches a week after I took the pill and sometimes heat flashes. I was only a day late.

March 18, 2015 4:45 PM

Review by blondiegirl22 (taken for less than 1 month):

Condom broke on Saturday night, took Plan B One Step on Sunday afternoon. After 6 symptom-free days, I started spotting on Saturday and by Sunday my period arrived with minor cramps and light bleeding. It takes time to work so just relax and let the pill do its job! I'm also well over the weight guidelines (I'm 197lbs) but it worked for me!! Thanks Plan B!

March 17, 2015 1:28 AM

Review by Anonymous112:

Me and my girlfriend had sex and the condom broke. We went to get Plan B 7 hours later and her period came 5 days early. Don't worry, I know the wait is bad but it will come eventually. Try to worry less and everything will be alright!

March 15, 2015 12:19 AM

Review by Eastofedenwestofnowhere:

Had a condom mishap Friday, took the pill Saturday and it is now Thursday (5 days later) and my period is beginning to start. However you may experience vomiting, headaches, & light nausea but it's worth it ladies it works!

March 12, 2015 10:24 AM

Review by Anonymous12346678:

I was ovulating when I had sex and the condom broke. My boyfriend bought me the pill and I took it about 24 hours after the incident. It's been three weeks and I haven't started my period and I'm very worried

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2015 12:33 PM

Review by Rgt01 (taken for less than 1 month):

I took Plan B after approx. 2 hours after unprotected sex. That same day after a few hours I started to feel VERY bloated, and felt like that the following day as well. I honestly had difficulties driving since I also had pain on my right ovary area! I got my period 1 week after the pill and 1 week before it was supposed to be. Not to mention, but I've always gotten heavy period with NO cramps...just very bad headaches, they are awful! But girls Plan B really works. Definitely $50 is really worth it! Hopefully this help.

February 20, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by natjean:

This pill seriously works. If you were in the same position as me, you're sitting on this website reading the reviews and hoping the pill is working. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 12th when the condom broke. He was able to buy the pill the 14th some 50 hours after. I took it asap. I was very tired and felt nauseous and dizzy every so often after I took it. started spotting on the 19th and now it's the 20th and I just woke up with my period. The 50 dollars spent on buying the pill is much better than risking having a baby.

February 20, 2015 9:16 AM

Review by Anonymously-Me:

I had a condom mishap. After waiting 38 hours to take the pill I was a complete wreck. I was so nervous because getting pregnant would ruin my future at this young age. 5 days later I got my period with extreme cramping and heavy blood flow. The cramps were bad but it was all worth it. It worked.

February 16, 2015 8:23 PM

Review by after pill works:

I took it 1 hr after unprotected sex. First days no symptoms. Then I had stomach pains for about 5 days. After they went away I would wake up feeling weak and felt like throwing up when eating breakfast. After the morning I was fine all day. This all lasted for 2 weeks and period came 4 days before it was due! Thank you plan B so much. I was so stressed and scared, birth control will start asap!

January 24, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by NotPregnantPep (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex without realising it was the day that I was ovulating and took the pill within 17 hours. I experienced horrible stomach cramps, nausea and lower back pain but no period for 8 days and started to get really worried! I was convinced I was pregnant and kept looking at forums for information on pregnancy symptoms and implementation bleeding. Luckily on the 9th day I was very relieved to see I had started my period and I was having sleepless nights for nothing. It's an excruciatingly long wait but it's worth it so just hang in there. It definitely works, it may just take a while!

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Review by UniversityStudent:

I took Plan B exactly 36 hours afterwards. I was ovulating when everything went down and I was so scared that I had waited too long to take Plan B. After 9 painfully long (but symptom free) days I got my period. Much heavier than usual, but no complaints from me! My advice to all who were as stressed as me, wait it out. Eat healthy, exercise to jumpstart your period, and try your best to stay calm!

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Review by kerry_k (taken for less than 1 month):

It works! Took it like 20 mins after we had unprotected sex. I was so worried I cried and prayed. 12 days after I got my period I was so relieved.Trust me it works. They say that it doesn't work for overweight people but it does I'm 195lbs.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 8:44 PM

I just want to thank everyone who has shared there experiences with Plan B. If it was not for these reviews I would have had a heart attack waiting to see if my period would come or not. I made a mistake and right during ovulation had unprotected sex. I took Plan B less then 24 hours later. I thought all was going to be ok until I read that if you weigh over 165lbs this pill would probably not work. I had no side effects when I first took the pill but about a week later they started. I had this weird feeling in my throat on and off almost like I was going to be sick. I also had pains on and off in my stomach. The worst side effect was my chest was swollen and hurt. Good news is I got my period on the 30th day just like always.

January 4, 2015 8:32 PM

Review by LaurelAS:

Worked well for me! My period has pretty much always been regular and I've always kept track so I know what's going on. Last month, the first day was the 3rd, condom broke on the 16th. Perfect timing for ovulation! Took Plan B about 20 hours later on the 17th. From what I read online I was expecting all sorts of side effects but I guess I got lucky. I had some breast tenderness for about two days, that was it. Got my period today, the 2nd. Considering my fertility record of 100%, (we tried to get pregnant three times at the exact same time in my cycle and did each time), I would say the pill really does work! And a very big thank you to the makers!

January 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Review by Rbunny (taken for less than 1 month):

Took this 12 hours after incident. It was the last day of my period. My period was a week late but it was my own fault for stressing so much. I literally couldn't eat and it was thanks giving when I was due. Few days later my period came and all its cramps and hot flashes and glory. I never had been so happy to get it. My biggest advise is to stay calm. Reading these helped me so I'm trying to pay back the kind words of relief I read when I was in pieces. Stay calm. It works.

December 24, 2014 11:42 PM

Review by VeryRelievedBoyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

My girlfriend took this about an hour after sex (Condom Broke), but it was during her time of ovulation (the 14th day of the cycle). So as I'm sure a bunch of you are freaking out about what others say about it on the internet, but it does work. She was very moody and experienced some cramps the day before she got it. She got her period about 3 days early (yesterday) and we couldn't have been more relieved. I asked a lot of people about the pill and they told me that I shouldn't worry, but I did. And in the end I shouldn't have stressed out about it. So I'm so happy about the effectiveness of this pill and the fact that she is not pregnant.

December 12, 2014 10:39 AM