User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Review Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"It happens. During my fertile time with ZERO contraceptives. Took Plan B 43 hours later. Got my period 7 days later for 5 days, then again 9 days later. But hey, I'm not pregnant! It works. No side effects for me other than a light headache 1 hour after taking the pill that lasted a few hours."

nomoretakingchances (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

"I just wanted to say how blessed and happy I feel right now, I was ovulating and the condom broke and the next day I went and got Plan B One Step. Now let me just say, I'm a high school student and the whole wait time that I had to wait to get my period (2 weeks) made me feel miserably but let me tell you it really does work. I took plan b in the beginning of May and my period was due the end of May (I just got it today) but I've never been so sick from such a medication but let me tell you, it was all worth it, these reviews saved my entire life and helped me and I could not be more thankful right now, so if right now your stressing out and you're hoping it works just know that it does, I wish you all the absolute best!!!"

Shannalove247 May 15, 2015

"I had a "heat of the moment " incident on May 4th, I took Plan B the following day, less than 24 hours later. I started my period two weeks early, a week after taking the pill. I have had migraines, nausea, lower back pains, and diarrhea, but at least it worked."

notpreggo May 13, 2015

"This is my second time taking Plan B Well, if your like me you had a mistake and needed to correct it asap . After the condom breaking I took Plan B about 20-30 minutes afterwards. I had 25 long days to wait but my period came about a week early . I had some breast tenderness and nausea . At least it's better than not being pregnant !!"

Sonotpreggo (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2015

"It didn't work at all. I followed the instructions and took the pill within 12 hrs (and it states up to 72hrs) and now I'm pregnant. I wouldn't trust this pill anymore."

FailedPlanB May 11, 2015

"I took Plan B a 1 week after it happened, got my period the next month at the usual time. The wait was the worst part (hoping it worked) I was cramping most of the time, my boobs got really tender, and legs hurt. Then come 5th of the month I got my period. Very thankful."

super thankful May 7, 2015

"This morning I got my period!! One day early and so happy to have it. In the heat of the moment my partner and I were careless with our birth control. It was week 2 of my cycle. I took the Plan B pill 17 hours after intercourse. I read that taken within 36 hours it is 95% effective. That fact along with all of the positive reviews on here got me through the next few weeks without completely freaking out. Now I can add my own positive review, phew!! I had minimal side effects. Nothing I would make a fuss about!"

Phew!! May 5, 2015

"My boyfriend and I had sex about 2 weeks ago and the condom broke. As teenagers with our whole life ahead of us, we absolutely freaked. We drove to the store and I took the pill within 20-30 minutes after the mishap. After reading these reviews (much like some of you panicking right now) it really helped me to feel better. A week later, on my usual day, I got my period! I experienced some nausea, headaches, tender breasts and weird moods but it didn't help that I was already suffering from a minor cold. I am so happy and thankful for Plan B- it literally saved my life!!! My best advice is to stay as calm as possible- stressing can make the symptoms and waiting worse. Let your guy know you need as much support as possible! Breathe ladies:)"

Ecstatic (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015

"This is my fourth time in about 5 years taking plan b one step. I always take it about 2 hrs after unprotected sex. It works 100% ! It is miserable because you're emotional, cramping and I also get headaches. However, me and my husband are still students and we don't have money or time for a baby. Please please please think about your options. This is one! It is over the counter and easy to take."

Livyyy May 2, 2015

"I was traveling on business with my colleague and we ended up in the same bed. During the act, the condom slipped and we panicked, since both of us are married (not to each other). We went to local pharmacy within 60-mins to get the pill. We went bananas thinking about whether it will work or not. It was a long three week wait. Side effects included severe cramps and abdominal pain. Relax and breathe! It works!"

Jack&Jillwork April 30, 2015

"So I took plan b on Easter (April 5) after a mess up , and I'm pretty sure it worked my cycle came on but the only problem Ive had with the plan b pill is my cycle was on longer then it was suppose to be and obviously most women wouldn't be comfortable having their cycle on longer then it's suppose to be but tht beats any unplanned pregnancy any day ."

cici bam April 29, 2015

"My boyfriend and I were using condoms but one broke. I took plan b the next day. 9 months later our son was born...needless to say it did not work for me lol. I wasn't overweight either only 130 lbs"

Anonymous April 27, 2015

"Plan B is a life saver! My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time during my most fertile days while I was ovulating. He finished inside of me and the very next day we bought Plan B one step. I took it around 10 hours after the incident. I was worried non stop and reading these reviews night and day. Around two days later I experienced a yeast infection, which was mild, and cleaned up on its own a few days later, but I was freaking out. After research, I learned that Plan B can restart your cycle, causing the pH balance to be thrown off in the process, causing the yeast infection. I experienced a lot of mood swings over the few weeks, however my boyfriend was always extremely supportive and reminded me it would be alright and we had nothing to worry about. If it wasn’t for him, I would have drove myself bananas for those few weeks. I definitely recommend having your partner being a strong support system; it will make the process so much better when you know you’re not alone in this. I ended up getting my period two days ahead of time and the only negative side effect from plan B was heavy cramps I haven’t experienced before. I am now on birth control and look forward to never having to go through that again. Relax, ladies! It will work! (On a side note, I wasn’t aware the Plan B apparently had a weight limit until after I took the pill. There’s a myth that states it only works if you’re under 165 and will not work if you’re over 175. The fact of the matter is, when testing plan b, the group of tested women were all around the same weight, and there was no group of women that was tested that weighed over 175. So it is not so much as “It will not work”, but more of “we haven’t tested that far” I am 5’8, and over that weight limit. It worked for me, and it will work for you. Breathe! )"

kara1115 April 27, 2015

"The pill does work. I had sex April 10th and took the generic brand called Take Action 2 hours after sex. My period was due 4/30 but today is 4/27 and I have my period. Symptoms I had were fatigue, spotting between periods, diarrhea, and lower abdominal pain. But now I got my period and don't want to take this pill again so I'm staying away from sex. Thank you there is a pill like this out in the world!"

Moreen2222222 April 27, 2015

"We had unprotected sex and got really nervous because I pulled out but got scared a little got in there and we are both to young to have a baby so we went and got plan b she was right on ovulation but she took the pill withing 12 hours and had some side effects but none to bad and this weekend she started so this pill really does work"

Worried bf (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

"On Saturday April 18 at 11pm I had sex and the condom broke, and that was the only protection I had. I was not on my fertile days. I was so scared, the next day at 10 am I went to buy the Plan B One-step pill. I was so nervous that it wouldn't work. But finally my period came 5 days after I had it! It works! Girls just keep calm, relax and let it work. Thanks a lot Plan B! You literally saved my life!"

Almm April 23, 2015

"I had unprotected sex with a friend of mine after heavy drinking ( yes, I am 24 and I know it was a very stupid move) and realized we did not use protection probably 12 hours later when we were having breakfast. Initially after taking plan B, I did not have any symptoms. 5 days later I got the Plan b period which lasted 4 days.After all this stopped I thought I would be in the clear until my next period, however for the next almost 4 weeks I was nauseous, had chills, back pain and cramps. So to try to calm myself down I took a pregnancy test 3 weeks after intercourse followed by 26 days after intercourse ( both negative). 3 days ago I got my period and it was 3 days late. Try to stay calm as stress plays a huge factor. I am so thankful!!!!"

Anonymous April 20, 2015

"My best advice is to stay calm. The pill works even if she is over weight. I had two wait two long weeks but reading these reviews helped calm my nerves. She took the pill within 24 hours. The faster you take it, the better. However learn from your mistakes so this wont happen again. Hope this helps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2015

"I had unprotected sex on April 8th took the pill 12hrs later! Experienced a few cramps and extreme tiredness! Yesterday April 14th my period started and I am extremely happy that this pill worked! Also I heard it does not work on overweight people but I weigh 180 and it worked for me!"

Lizziev (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

"The condom broke during sex, I ejaculated and my girlfriend was ovulating. We purchased Plan B and she took it about 7 hours after the mishap. This was March 19th. We stayed relaxed but as the days went by the tension and the stress kept getting worse for us both, her period didn't come on the day that it was supposed to so she was losing it! I told her to wait a few days and for our surprise the next day her period arrived on April 3rd. Plan B works, it just requires patience. Be safe out there!"

Plan B requires patience. April 11, 2015

"I took Plan b after an unexpected unprotected sexual situation. After the fact I realized it was right around my fertile time. I went right to the store and purchased Plan B. I took it about an hour after sex. I am usually very sensitive to the hormones in oral contraceptives (that's why I don't take them) and I was very worried about the side effects. I was surprised, I had no side effects at all. I was concerned because I thought maybe it wasn't working because I had no cramping, headache, nausea, etc like the package said could happen. I calculated the day that I should get my next period and waited. I was sweating it the entire time! I ended up getting my period about 2 days earlier than expected...fine with me!!"

Anonymous April 9, 2015

"OMG this is literally the bomb. I had sex on day 4 of my period, took plan b a couple hours later, period ended, then began spotting for about 4 days. THEN the wait game began. the accident happened in February, didn't get my period in March. I only had minor cramps, bloating, and every now and then headaches. I was super nervous as you can guess. now it's April and BAM, just today I started my period. oh happy day oh happy day, it truly is a happy day!! Don't worry guys, this pill really works. I know it's easier said than done, but it truly does work."

pink_unicorn (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

"On March 20 the condom slipped off and we didnt notice so I got her the pill 7 hours after the accident and the days passed by and I was freaking out because I'm still young and would ruin my future. April 2 her period came on.. and we are so relieved!! It says it dont work for overweight people but it did for her, 200 lbs. Just stay relax."

jon&meme (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

"Thank you to everyone who left a review letting me know that my cycle would be messed up and my 2nd period after taking Plan B would be late! My first period following the pill came right on time 2 weeks later but when the 2nd was 10 days late, I started to freak out. I stopped worrying after reading others experiences and now after another 8 days I finally got it. .. Yay! I would highly recommend this product. I took it within 12 hours and other than my slight panic attack a month later, it worked great!"

lmk69 March 28, 2015

"My husband had just got a vasectomy, but there is a period of time where men are still fertile and we hadn't been cleared yet for zero sperm count. We had a few drinks and forgot to use protection. We knew I had either already ovulated or was about to ovulate at the time of our oops. The next day I took the pill and within a few hours I could tell it was taking effect. I got a lot of cramps on one side which kept occurring periodically for the two weeks after. I had some dizziness and extreme fatigue for a few days. The side effects were all listed on the package though. I think since I took the pill right around my fertile time it didn't mess up my cycle much. I started right on the day I was supposed to exactly two weeks after our oops."

Wife & Mom to 2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015