Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Nora27:

I took it after not using a condom just 4 days after my normal period. Later that day I felt sick, emotional, and dizzy. The next day I felt better. The second day I felt sick again, dizzy, nauseas, lower abdomen cramps, and very emotional. I woke up feeling depressed, then by the afternoon it turned to feeling edgy and angry like very intense PMS that I've never experienced before. On the fifth day after taking it I started my period which lasted 5 days with heavy- to normal period bleeding. Then it tapered off to low flow spot bleeding, noticeable most when urinating or sex. Some days it's heavier than others, this is still going on 7 days after the 2nd period. It worked but it's miserable.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 9:35 PM

Review by Mstke1:

I took the pill within an hour after having unprotected sex. It was my first time. I was so freaked out. But now, I write this as my Aunt Flow is in town. Super happy. I was only a day late too, and cramping was normal so no complaints.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 12:41 PM

Review by gratefulgirl100:

I was not going to post a review but decided to after realizing there might be someone out there very nervous right now. I had sex a day after my period ended and while I probably didn't even need it, I was very scared, being a teenager, and decided to take Plan B. I took it five hours after the incident and I didn't have any side effects. I got my period 1 week 2 days after the pill, which is odd considering I just had it, but Plan B messes up your period. Now I'm not sure whether my next period will come when it was originally supposed to, or in a month, but since I got my period I know Plan B worked. I worried myself sick but reading all the positive reviews helped and I hope this one does too!

July 7, 2014 5:44 PM

Review by Thank God (taken for less than 1 month):

Me and my girlfriend had sex sadly the condom broke. I was so confused, I rushed to a local Walgreens and purchased the pill. Which was about two hours after our incident. Then here came the long waiting. We waited and nothing. I thought day after day. Guys let me tell you I have a future and this pill saved it. Don't use it as a birth control it is used for what it says, emergency only. Thanks science.

July 5, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by Frenzy (taken for less than 1 month):

If this pill doesn't work then no pill will work. Condom broke an I was scared to death. Took this pill within 12 hours, got my period 5 days late (the worst 5 days if my life). Never been so happy bleeding. P.S. Except for mild cramping I did not have any side effect.

July 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Review by Had a mistake:

Girlfriend took this pill after an accident as we practice extremely safe sex... She took the pill 10 hours after the incident on June 8th, her last period was around May 14th. It is now June 23rd and she got her period! Obviously it is pretty late but that is a side effect from the pill. Around 3 days after she was complaining of cramping which is what I have come to understand was the pill working. So after 2 stress filled weeks of waiting everything is fine! This pill will definitely mess with your cycle but it does the job and I am so thankful for it.

June 23, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by emilia11:

I'm 17, I had protected sexual intercourse the condom ripped and that's when I decided to take Plan B. I did not think that this pill would work, its my first time trying something like this but the pill actually worked for me. Today I'm relieved that I got my period. Thanks to Plan B I don't have to worry anymore.

May 18, 2014 5:04 PM

Review by Relieved Boyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

If you're here reading these comments, that means you're a boy or girl in the same position I was: A mistake was made somewhere and you're concerned about pregnancy. The waiting is gruesome, but I'm here to assure you; this pill works. After ingesting the pill 16 hours after sex, a period of terrible waiting began. My girlfriend and I were both antsy and scared, and the time of her expected period came and went. She was 8 days late, but alas, she had it. This pill works in mysterious ways that can cause a later period, but I'm here to tell you there is nothing to worry about. It's scary, it's unsettling, but I'm here to tell you to calm down and relax because this pill will take care of everything.

May 12, 2014 5:34 PM

Review by notpreg (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Me and my boyfriend had protected sex on April 15th. Unfortunately, the condom broke. I took Plan B One-Step about 20-30 minutes later (the sooner you take it the better it works). My period was due in another week, so the anxiety began. I was very sleepy and sick to my stomach for about 6 days but I just got my period! I've never been so happy. If you took the pill within a 24 hour time frame you have nothing to worry about. Stress will cause your period to delay even more. Just relax, you'll be okay. This pill is very effective. Accidents happen, and that's okay. Plan B is only for emergency use though. I am so glad women have the option to this.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Had unprotected sex the day after my period ended. Took the pill within 35 hours after sex. Experienced headaches and tender breasts for the next week or more. Then nothing really. The week of my next period there was a very light flow of a dark red, clumpy discharge. I thought it was spotting and it lasted about 2.5 days. Then nothing for a day. Then I had the worst headache ever and stayed in bed for hours. Later realized this was my period and it had been right on time. No pregnancy.

April 17, 2014 9:47 AM

Review by Its works!:

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex April 1. We were so scared we waited 24 hours to get the pill. What can I say I had no symptoms at all my period comes the 22 of every month and today is Apr 8 and I got it!! I got it so early and very light I usually have it very heavy and I'm happy.

April 8, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by Nonyi:

Plan B One Step really works. I know you're probably nervous and worrying about the effectiveness, but I just want to tell you to relax. Let me just tell you my story, I had sex February 4th and the condom broke. So me and my boyfriend drove to the pharmacy and purchased the Plan B One Step. I took it, so it was about 20-30 mins after the incident happened that I took the pill. I began to feel one symptom about 1 hr later, I was extremely tired, and had little energy. It lasted for 2 days then wore off. So I was expecting my period about a month away so I went crazy. I missed one period and finally got my one 12 days after my missed period. So Plan B actually works.

April 8, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by Not preggers:

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last week and took the Plan B One-Step the day after and I got my period today. And I'm so happy I got my period today! So definitely look into this. It's way better than being pregnant.

April 2, 2014 4:20 PM

Review by Very Happy (taken for less than 1 month):

Had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she took the Plan B pill the day after, like 13 hours later. I couldn't sleep and I was very nervous. She got her period a week later, It was heavy, which I guess is also a good thing haha. If your reading these reviews to make you feel better, I've been in your shoes. Just have faith in it, it'll work don't worry.

March 25, 2014 7:41 PM

Review by regret (taken for less than 1 month):

This pill definitely works. My initial cycle started 7 days after I took the pill. I ended up having two periods Last month because of the pill. I received my next period about 6 weeks after I took the pill. I had no side effects at all! However, it changed my period completely. My flow isn't heavy as it used to and it still has this dry blood appearance (dark red instead of the normal color of blood). Its also more fluidy or watery than the usual blood. All in all, my worry is that my body did not take this pill as well as others.

March 22, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Happy ! THANK YOU GOD. (taken for less than 1 month):

On January 21, the condom broke. My boyfriend purchased it the next day. I took the pill about 18 hours later. Immediately I started to experience side effects like headaches, cramps & body aches. After a week my side effects was light cramping & mild headaches. I got my period today ! My period usually comes round the first week of every month; So im a couple days late. I never been so happy to be in so much pain. I normally have bad cramps so this is nothing new. Be patient & dont stress.

March 10, 2014 3:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex took Plan B next day. The only symptoms I had was breast tenderness for a day and slight cramping pain. But the product works I got my period I was so stressed out because I seriously didn't want to get pregnant. Prayed everyday that this product work and it did.

March 9, 2014 3:50 PM

If you are worried this pill doesn't work, don't be! Condom broke accidentally 2 days before I was supposed to ovulate. My man drove me to store and took the pill 10 hrs after incident. I was worried my weight would have an effect on the effectiveness of the pill, but no worries. We pulled through. Had minimal side effects. It just made me feel sleepy for about 1 week.

March 2, 2014 7:46 PM

Review by Yay4me (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex right on the day of ovulation. I mean dead smack on when I was fertile. I took the pill 2 hours later and had NO SYMPTOMS whatsoever. I had to wait a whole 2 weeks for my period to come and I was afraid the pill wasn't going to work since I was really fertile. But 2 weeks later, on the EXACT day I was supposed to get my period, I got it! So this pill works! Phew! Relieved!

February 27, 2014 11:55 PM

Review by Kaayy:

My period ended Jan 26th and I had sex Feb 3rd. The second my boyfriend realized the condom broke we jumped in the car and got the Plan B pill which I took immediately (45min after sex). During the time the condom broke and took plan B I was ovulating (according to my period tracker app and physical signs). I got my period on the exact day I was scheduled to get it (two weeks after sex). I also took a pregnancy test which came back negative. Such a relief. Plan B made me very lethargic and sick to my stomach for about two weeks. So happy with the product. If you took it and are still freaking out... Don't!

February 18, 2014 9:45 PM

Review by no namer:

I took Plan B like 2 years ago and about a week after taking the pill I got my period. I have to emphasis that I took the pill within 3 hours of having unprotected sex. However in October 2013 we had unprotected sex and waited 48 hrs to take the pill. I never got my period and I ended up getting pregnant even though I took the pill. Like I said this pill works but the sooner you take the more likely it will work.

February 18, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Kat1997:

I took Plan-B after having unprotected sex right after my period ended. He got it for me to ease both our minds. Within a week of taking the pill, I had some side effects, like headaches and dizziness. After 7 days I received an early period. It was painful, and I had bad cramps. I was worried at first because I had just had my period, but Plan-B and you guys reviews all said bleeding and irregular periods were a common system. It really worked! So no worries if this happens to you! I will suggest no intercourse until you get your next period just in case, and a pregnancy test to ease your mind.

February 15, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by ms annie:

This pill really works took it 36 hrs after unprotected sex. I was scared 2 weeks later due to pregnancy symptoms, like swollen breasts and did not get my period until the next month. But after 3 negative pregnancy tests and a period finally my cycle is back to normal.

February 13, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by KyLeone (taken for less than 1 month):

February 7, 2014 my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. We were very worried. I decided to get Plan B from Walgreens 7 hours after sex and 3 days later I got my period.

February 10, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

The condom broke on Saturday night and we didn't realize it until much later that night. I was completely freaking out so I made him go buy me the Plan B pill. I took the pill around 13 hours after sex. I don't think I've ever been that scared in my entire life. (Way too young to have a child) After taking this pill, I got sharp stomach pains. And 3 hours after I took it I experienced sore breasts that were so sore that I couldn't ever wear a t-shirt. This pain lasted for 3-4 days. The days went on and my period tracker (if you don't have one I suggest you download one) indicated that I was 3 days late for my period. I finally got it and I've never been so happy! So glad I took this pill. I recommend this pill.

February 2, 2014 3:12 AM