User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"Okay so the incident happened on April 6th around 1 p.m (I was also on ovulation). The next day (April 7th) around 11 a.m. I took the pill. About a week later (April 13th) I started spotting, it was very light at first then it gradually got heavier, it was like a light period and it stopped on April 18th. I was so worried because my actual period was due April 24t, I miss it so I waited and waited and was going to test but I was too nervous to do it because I wasn't ready for a child yet. So I waited more and finally my period came on May 17th along with strong cramps. My advice for the ladies that have taken this pill, don't stress, it will delay your period even longer."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2016

"I used the plan b one step hours after unprotected sex. I startest to have side affects one week after using the pill....spotting, abdominal pain and nausea. My period has not arrived it is due to arrive in 3 days so we will see."

miss Michael May 16, 2016

"I'm going to echo what most everyone has said, and RELAX....IT WORKS!! The woman I slept with (did not use a condom and she is not on birth control) just got her period today. I stressed way too much so my advice is to stay preoccupied, and let the pill do it's job."

Mr. Stress May 16, 2016

"Condom broke and my fiancé freaked out, so I took the pill to ease his fears. Felt sick to my stomach with in a few hours of taking Plan B. The next day my breast where super sore and tender. I was feeling emotional and and 5 days after taking the pill I started a super heavy with lots of painful cramping period that lasted 13 days. Face broke out in zits at 32 years old, I hardly ever get them any more. Went to the GYN, she contributed it all to plan b after testing to rule out other issues. Positive effects, I am not pregnant, and the effect of this pill are enough to make me never want to have sex again. Other than that, yuck I feel like shit still 30 days later."

Anonymous May 15, 2016

"Hey guys, I just want to let all of you who are stressing like crazy that everything is gonna be okay, I had a crazy pregnancy scare with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago, and like a couple of others here I promised that if that pill worked I'd post a review here. Well as you can probably tell the news was good. My girlfriend was a few days before her period from our assumption. It was really hard to tell due to her having irregular periods, but from the second that I saw the condom had broken I went and bought plan B. She took it roughly an hour after and it worked. Not before it could drive us insane however. The waiting game for her period was the most stressful situation of my life. But it was all okay in the end and I'm sure it will be for u"

Survivor10000 May 12, 2016

"I was reading some of these comments and thought to myself, why would these women take plan B if he didn't cum inside then say "oh it worked". Makes me laugh. If you are going to write a review about this, I don't want to hear about how it worked even though he technically didn't ejaculate inside. ALSO it would help a lot of women if you stated when you where ovulating or where you are at on your cycle. THANK YOU. I took this pill 2 hours after my bf finished INSIDE ME, not pre jizz, not thought he did, he did! anyways, we did it on May 9th, expected to start my period May 16th (one week later). So I took this pill a week after I ovulated. SIDE EFFECTS: hot flashes, short cramps for like 2 seconds, and acne, also moody."

Katnfonanf May 12, 2016

"Beware ladies. I know it's extremely stressful thinking of an unwanted pregnancy, but the side effects are horrible. The immediate side effects are not too bad, it's the ones that come later on. I took plan b on March 22,2016. Today is May 11th and I'm still being affected. I loss half of my hair. I had my period for 10 days with bad cramping. My skin is saggy. I'm moody. Initially my breasts were sore for a month. The worse of course is losing my hair. I wish I took my chances and never took it. Not sure how long or if I will ever be back to normal. Praying my hair grows back. The packaging doesn't tell you any of this."

Beware Ladies!! May 11, 2016

"I took the pill after the condom broke three months ago. I was not, nor had ever been on any form of birth control. I experienced some cramping and minor dizziness for the next 2-3 days. Then, I got my period on the 21st day of my cycle (a week early). The next month my period was two weeks late, but finally came on the 42nd day. The prolonged start date was probably a mix of side effects from the pill and stress about the possibility of pregnancy. During the few abnormal cycles, I did not take any other form of medication. Overall, I did not get pregnant, so the pill served its purpose."

A Not Pregnant College Student May 9, 2016

"Honestly, I am not on birth control yet, I'm 23, 101lbs and I have had Graves disease in my early childhood. I had sex with my boyfriend on April 17th and took the plan b pill 4 hours after. Day one of taking the pill I felt very tired. Day two I felt slightly nauseous but did not vomit. Day three I still felt the same as day two. For the rest of that week I felt just tired, bloated and nauseous. There was little blood when I used the bathroom. All I can say is I felt some things that made me feel confused about what was happening in my body. Finally on April 24th I got my period! It was a little blood at first then the next day the blood flow was very heavy. So basically I got my period twice in one month. but I'm not pregnant!"

AJ Elizabeth (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

"If you're here reading this reviews, I'm sure you're freaking out just like I was, I was actually here reading these exact reviews about a day ago. But, I'll echo what many say here, this pill definitely works. Girlfriend got her period last night, and I've been ecstatic since; I promised myself I'd post here if it came through. People make mistakes, this pill is amazingly good at fixing them. If you're within 24 hours when you take it, you have nothing to worry about, stress will only make your period delay more!"

BT87162 April 29, 2016

"Took this 12 hours after thr bf ejaculated in me on day 15 of my cycle...one of my most fertile days.....the day I took it the cramps got so bad I almost vimitted, I got so dizzy and weAK from it.by the next day I was fine. i wouldn't recommend this torture...then four days later my breasts became sore....and i have been getting every pregnancy or pms symptom since (sore breasts, cramping, upset stomach, nausea, lower backache, headaches)....I am due to start sat 4/30.....I took a prego test and came back negative.....this is the longest pms and worst symptoms I have ever had. I think I would have rather taken my chances."

Aj1001 April 27, 2016

"Of course my partner doesn't pull out on ovulation day, took "take action" 24 hours later, 4 days later I have a massive period with worst cramps ever!! Very tender even to touch my lower abdomin. Dispite the bleeding I still have worry. :/ won't do that nonsense again!!"

Being a woman has its down sid (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"I took this as an emergency contraceptive 15 days after the start of my last period 12 hours after the condom broke. My boyfriend since left for deployment and 3 weeks later I found out a surprise! 3 weeks pregnant. 10/10 would never trust this again my doctor was even shocked."

Sadlittlesushoroll April 24, 2016

"I'm on birth control but was paranoid and took this plan b pill my body was very hormonal and my nerves were very bad. I went with my gut and decided to take the pill even tho I was safe on my birth control patch but insisted and took the pill for this last couple of weeks my body was going nuts !! But I must say my period came exactly the same date it comes every month on 4/22 ... I got my period ladies so I must say go with your gut when your in doubt and also believe and trust in your birth control. My period is very heavy from the pill and I have body aches and headaches and acne like crazy !!! But I will not be using this pill no more to much side affects I will be sticking with my patch like I always have been !!!"

Anonymously Waiting (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

"So I'm sharing cause I was totally freaking out after I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago, he didn't finish inside me but I heard about pre come so 14 hours later I took plan b, I didn't had any side effects I was only tired and I was so hungry, my period was due yesterday so I had to wait 2 whole weeks and I was freaking out and all I did was pray and read this reviews and cry cause It was my first time having unprotected and I was scared I could be pregnant cause I'm still in high school and I'm definitely not ready for a baby but yesterday I got my period and NOT PREGNANT. I hope this helps cause reading this reviews helped me a lot, so don't stress cause that can make your period late. Don't worry. The pill works"

Yaliz April 23, 2016

"okay ladies, just calm down. heres my experience, I've taken Plan B about 5-6 times in my life and I've never had this happen till now. I took plan B on the sunday of my first sugar pill, I had unprotected sex the night before with some strange man and a friend of mine. not knowing him I certainly didn't want his baby so I decided I'd take plan b just to be safe. ... tuesday came and I didn't get my period...5 days later I FINALLY got my period! most nerve wracking 5 days ever. I actually went and bought a pregnancy test on thursday and told myself that if i didn't wake up with a period on friday, id take the test. thank god i didn't have to take that test bc aunt flow finally made it and I welcomed her with open arms. .. it'll come, just wait"

redheadfromthesouth April 22, 2016

"So I ended my period 03/17 & had unprotected sex the next day (03/18) & my boyfriend came inside me so less than an hour later we went & got the pill. After taking the pill I did experience some of the side effects I was having bad headaches, fatigue, light headed, bladder problems, spotting & bleeding a little. I was convinced I was pregnant because my period was also late & I had spotting on my underwear instead of getting my period and I knew that was a sign I was pregnant but there was no way because I had all these side effects & I took the pill as soon as possible but I kept being paranoid about it but a week later I got my period & I've never been so happy to be on it so ladies don't worry just wait & be safe next time."

Siena April 21, 2016

"I had protected sex on April 6th and the condom broke. He came inside of me, entirely. I have a very irregular period and can go up to 4 months without having one. So it's very difficult to know when I ovulate or when I should start. I freaked out and bought plan b almost an hour after we had sex, I took it immediately and began to read reviews about it. I read reviews saying if you were over 170-175 pounds plan b would not work for you. But I am 210 pounds and on April 15 I started my period. Please, I'm telling you, do not stress. It only makes everything worse and can even delay your period that much longer. I was a lot more emotional before starting my period, and when it did start my cramps were almost unbearable. Just relax! It works!"

18andnotpreggo (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2016

"I took plan b 9/28 & had a period that ended Oct . 9 I don't know when it started but I had one . did plan b work? Because I'm pregnant and I want to know if I got pregnant before or after plan b . I was not ovulating at all so my period came when expected ."

27weeksPregnant (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

"I had sex on March 13th and the condom broke. My partner noticed before orgasming luckily, but I didnt want to take the risk of a precum baby. I also was in my most fertile time, about to hit ovulation. I took Plan B on March 14th, 15 hours later. I experienced spotting 3 days after, that quickly went away. I also experienced bloating, mood swings, feeling hot, etc., that lasted for a little over a week. My expected period was March 30th. I got it yesterday, on April 19th . I was *20* days late. A little over 5 weeks after I took the pill. I took 4 pregnancy tests in this time. So, to all freaking out like I did, do know that the pill CAN make you late (even 20 days late), and make you experience symptoms similiar to pregnancy symptoms."

ForSanitySake (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

"I promised myself that i would come back and right a review as I was on here for days and days reading these to try and ease my mind. I had unprotected sex on April 7th and the morning of April 8th ( about 12 hours after) I took plan-b. I was freaking out because I wasn't on birth control, and we didn't use a condom. BAD IDEA!! Don't use the pull out method! My expected period is supposed to come around April 20th-22nd. Its April 15th and I started bleeding yesterday, it was quite light. But then last night it got really heavy. A little heavier then my normal period and was experiencing some cramps and a headache. But as we all know that the Plan-b can make your period come early or late. This definitely has to be my period!! Breathe ladies"

Syd11 April 15, 2016

"3 kids already. Plan b worked for me. First time ever taking it. We had a condom break and I took plan b 10 hours after. Bled for 5 days a week after taking and went to the hospital 2 weeks after condom break and blood test for pregnancy was negative. I totally skipped my next period so I took 2 more home pret tests were both beg. Now 44 days after consuming plan b I got my real period. But mind you I have worried the entire time. Not fun. It messed with my birth control free cycles and had lots of weird cramps. I never want to have sex again. Problem solved."

Anonymous learner April 15, 2016

"We had sex Day 9 of cycle. He didn't pull out-Took Plan B onestep within 2hrs. No side effects. Day 31 of cycle-Took clear blue easy- NOT PREGNANT (23 days after sex) Im age 48,sexually active, irregular periods that can be 20 -50 days apart(perimenopausal) may not be ovulating every month. I could say the pill worked by delaying ovulation, which on regular 28 day person could have happened between day 12-14. On the flip side, odds of it being due to pill working could be 50/50. I'm healthy, sometimes not ovulating, he is 50, plus uses medical marijuana-3strikes already-odds of conception is lowered. We used pull out method for over 10 years- didn't want to take small chance-happy to have option of Plan B!"

plan B onestep-first time user (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

"I had sex with my boyfriend 3/28 and he didnt pull out and i freaked out and took a plan b within 5hrs of the accident. Taking the pill I was dizzy and tender breasts cramps. The 2nd day my urine was clear and white drops afterward. The 3rd day I started spotting a little. I was happy to see progress but still was paranoid..The next morning I had the urge to go to the bathroom i went and when I wiped it was blood no spots I looked in the toilet and it was a lot of blood. So YESS I got my period today. (5 Days After Plan B) So excited. IF YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT DONT STRESS BECAUSE IT WORKED FOR ME & IM 254LBS. Take It Before 24 Hours. Hope this helps"

Nisha98 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

"I Took my last birth control active pill 2 days late. Had unprotected sex March 1st on my placebo week, 2 days before my period was due and 36 hours later took plan b. 5 days later On March 6th I was spotting and bleeding very light more like a brown discharge for 4 days. My period finally came yesterday March 30th. I freaked out the whole month and took 5 pregnancy tests and they were all negative. The pill works!!! You just have to be patient."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016