User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by NotPregnantPep (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex without realising it was the day that I was ovulating and took the pill within 17 hours. I experienced horrible stomach cramps, nausea and lower back pain but no period for 8 days and started to get really worried! I was convinced I was pregnant and kept looking at forums for information on pregnancy symptoms and implementation bleeding. Luckily on the 9th day I was very relieved to see I had started my period and I was having sleepless nights for nothing. It's an excruciatingly long wait but it's worth it so just hang in there. It definitely works, it may just take a while!

January 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Review by UniversityStudent:

I took Plan B exactly 36 hours afterwards. I was ovulating when everything went down and I was so scared that I had waited too long to take Plan B. After 9 painfully long (but symptom free) days I got my period. Much heavier than usual, but no complaints from me! My advice to all who were as stressed as me, wait it out. Eat healthy, exercise to jumpstart your period, and try your best to stay calm!

January 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Review by kerry_k (taken for less than 1 month):

It works! Took it like 20 mins after we had unprotected sex. I was so worried I cried and prayed. 12 days after I got my period I was so relieved.Trust me it works. They say that it doesn't work for overweight people but it does I'm 195lbs.

January 6, 2015 8:44 PM

I just want to thank everyone who has shared there experiences with Plan B. If it was not for these reviews I would have had a heart attack waiting to see if my period would come or not. I made a mistake and right during ovulation had unprotected sex. I took Plan B less then 24 hours later. I thought all was going to be ok until I read that if you weigh over 165lbs this pill would probably not work. I had no side effects when I first took the pill but about a week later they started. I had this weird feeling in my throat on and off almost like I was going to be sick. I also had pains on and off in my stomach. The worst side effect was my chest was swollen and hurt. Good news is I got my period on the 30th day just like always.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 8:32 PM

Review by LaurelAS:

Worked well for me! My period has pretty much always been regular and I've always kept track so I know what's going on. Last month, the first day was the 3rd, condom broke on the 16th. Perfect timing for ovulation! Took Plan B about 20 hours later on the 17th. From what I read online I was expecting all sorts of side effects but I guess I got lucky. I had some breast tenderness for about two days, that was it. Got my period today, the 2nd. Considering my fertility record of 100%, (we tried to get pregnant three times at the exact same time in my cycle and did each time), I would say the pill really does work! And a very big thank you to the makers!

January 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Review by VeryRelievedBoyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

My girlfriend took this about an hour after sex (Condom Broke), but it was during her time of ovulation (the 14th day of the cycle). So as I'm sure a bunch of you are freaking out about what others say about it on the internet, but it does work. She was very moody and experienced some cramps the day before she got it. She got her period about 3 days early (yesterday) and we couldn't have been more relieved. I asked a lot of people about the pill and they told me that I shouldn't worry, but I did. And in the end I shouldn't have stressed out about it. So I'm so happy about the effectiveness of this pill and the fact that she is not pregnant.

December 12, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by Deliciousjello:

IT WORKS! I took it one hour after the condom broke and had my period 5 days later! If you take it sooner than 24 hours, you're absolutely guaranteed that it'll work! So stop worrying. You may have more discomforts than normal, but actually, I had no cramps at all and no aching! I always had them for the first two days. Lucky me! Ladies, it works.

December 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Kayla122:

I had a incident on 11/26/14, so that same morning 11/27 I went and got a Plan B, that same day symptoms kicked in hard headache, Severe nausea and cramps and its still going on because today I started bleeding 12/5 and my period always come at the end of the month. I guess this is just confirmation that the pill work and I will still get my period around the end of December.

December 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by NotReady:

I had unprotected sex the day before ovulation. I wasn't aware at that time I was extremely fertile. I took Plan B within 6 hours after intercourse. I can't lie, I absolutely knew I was pregnant! I had all the symptoms. I was nauseated, headaches, swollen breasts, and I cramped daily. I was so ecstatic to see my period come on the same day it was expected! Birth control pills will be started today! Thanks Plan B!

December 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Review by Postpartumgirl:

For anyone who is freaking out. I am only 5 weeks postpartum imagine that. Had sex 2-3 days after period condom broke. Next day (less then 24 hours) I took plan B now it's been a week later and I'm bleeding and cramping! From what I see its normal and hopefully a good sign I'm not pregnant again!

November 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Review by NotAMomForNow (taken for less than 1 month):

I decided to share my experience because reading these while I was desperate waiting for my period really helped me! Girls, it works! Condom broke and I was ovulating. I took the pill within 1 hour and I got my period 5 days later! I had some cramps but it was all. So, just relax and wait. It works.

November 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by Amaccc (taken for less than 1 month):

My girlfriend and I had to use this contraceptive twice. Both times it WORKED! I'm only a teenager so this was very important because I didn't have the money to support a baby nor did she. It was a very grueling month waiting for her period to come but it did. Her period did come about 4 days late. But if you do take it within the time, I had her take it 30 minutes before both times and it should be bound to work.

November 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by Sarah A:

I needed to share my experience because I've been going crazy searching for piece of mind these last few days. I had stopped the birth control pill in late September because of high blood pressure and since then stopped my periods. I always use protection and didn't like just trusting condoms. The one time I used just condoms it has slipped off during ovulation or what I think was ovulation. 48 hours later was when I could took the Plan B, 7 exhausting days later I started getting pains in my right ovary but no period. The next day I had no cramping and a little drop of blood. That scared me becuse I hear that women can have implantation bleeding. The day after that I woke up to really bad cramping and heavy bleeding. I really hope that means It worked.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 4:21 AM

Review by Demi167178:

The incident happened 5 days ago. I was really nervous and paranoid of what to expect since it was my first time. 13 hours later, I took the pill and took a nap. I woke up with tender breasts, sharp abdominal cramps, body aches all over, fatigue, and I was nauseated. This lasted for 2 days but it was a week of emotions and mood swings. Nothing that I could not handle though. I was not due for another week, however, I woke up with my period today. I was very relieved and I'm thankful to take immediate action. I would not recommend taking it all over again but in inevitable situations, this really helped.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 4:29 AM

Review by Anon87339:

Last month I took a Plan B pill about 12 hours after my accident. And I got my period a week early. I did have bad cramps, but the flow was normal. This month my period is about 8 days late. I have really tender breasts, and I get cramps on and off all day. If I am pregnant it's not because Plan B failed. I read other forums and people were saying that their second period after Plan B was either later or didn't come.

October 29, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by VanessaGeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I took this pill after 24 hours of the accident. 5 days later I got what they say is a "Plan B Period" even though I got that I was still stressing think of the what if's, the next month my period was late 7 days late in fact but it eventually came. I am so thankful for this pill. What I learned is don't stress if you take the pill directed you will be fine. The only down side was I got extremely tired

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 6:28 AM

Review by lola la:

I'm so happy Plan B helped me! I took a pill after 30 hours unprotected sex and I had my period in a week.

October 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Relieved Couple:

A little over a week ago the condom broke during sex. So within 20 minutes we went and got the pill and I took it. I have always had an irregular period, meaning I go months sometimes without periods, so I had no idea what stage I was at within my menstrual cycle. After 8 long days of cramps, back pain, tender breasts, and serious mood swings, I got a period! If it worked for me, it will work for you, too. The key is to take it as soon as possible and to remain calm. The more stressed you are, the longer you'll go without a period. And yes, you may have some terrible symptoms. But at the moment, it's better than being pregnant!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by Wee:

So me & a friend got really drunk & we ended up having sex, which I only have flashbacks of. He doesn't remember anything so I chose to tell him we didn't do it because I didn't want him to know he was the one who took my virginity. So I took the pill about 40 hours after, I was extremely scared!! Only thinking the worst. Then 7 long days later, I got my period!!! I had really bad cramping. I wanted to share my story because a lot of yours helped me calm my nerves! Xoxo

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by Anonymous6789:

Two days after my period ended, the condom broke during sex. I took the pill close to two hours afterwards and got cramps later that night. It has been exactly a week since my period ended and I just received my monthly after a long night of cramps. Weird, since I just had my period. I can't complain about the side effects because I would take cramps over labor pains any day. I am a college student and I am so relieved that I am not pregnant.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by Laurr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It works. However 30 minutes after I took it, I had very sharp cramps. I started my period 2 weeks later, and it was the worst period ever. It was extremely heavy, long, I had horrible headaches and cramps, and it made my period look like real blood like I had been cut or something. I wouldn't recommend using it often. That being said, yes it does work but I hope I don't ever have to use it again.

August 18, 2014 1:10 AM

Review by LilKate:

I've taken this 2-3 times. The first few times mild cramping occurred but nothing major. The most recent occurance resulted in cramps immediately afterwards and bleeding, I mean heavy period type, 5 days after I took it, a mere 2 weeks after I had started my last cycle. The bleeding lasted about 4 days. I thought perhaps it had reset my cycle but nope, got my "normal" period a few days early and it has been the most painful and heaviest I've experienced in some time. Obviously Plan B works, although I have no idea whether or not I was even at risk of being pregnant. Just know it will possibly upset your cycle.

August 11, 2014 5:27 PM

Review by Xel123:

Had sex on the 7th of August. Took Plan B about 23 hours after from the intercourse. Haven't gotten my period yet because I'm not supposed to be due until the 20th of August but a major side effect that I've been experiencing is a MAJOR amount of tiredness and exhaustion! When I got home from work the day after I took the pill, I went upstairs around 9pm to sleep and woke up the next day around 1pm. I wake up extremely exhausted and my feet start to get tired as well. Also I barely ever hungry anymore... I'm 18 years old so this is very unusual for a teen... Hopefully my period comes soon.

August 10, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Relieved Boyfriend:

I'm writing this for people who I know are probably trying to find relief in this reviews, and I did the same thing so I'm gonna offer my experience to help them out. Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex, I was nervous so she took the Plan B about 26-28 hours and then the terrible waiting began. About day 7 and 8 she started spotting and cramping and then finally, on the 9th day she got her period. So relax, because this pill is very effective.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by not pregnant! (taken for less than 1 month):

This pill works! Trust it. I took it 34 hours after a condom slip. I experienced tiredness, BLOATING and minor abdominal discomfort, not so much as pain. I started spotting then it completely stopped for two days but nonetheless my period came! three days earlier then I expected and a lot heavier then normal but it came! Trust this pill it is a miracle worker. Take the pill between the 72 hour time frame, relax and hope for the best! 55 dollars is nothing compared to the cost of getting pregnant! Best of luck ladies!

August 4, 2014 8:00 PM