Transderm Nitro Dosage
Generic name: nitroglycerin
Dosage form: Transdermal Therapeutic System
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Transderm Nitro safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Transderm Nitro.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The suggested starting dose is between 0.2 mg/hr*, and 0.4 mg/hr*. Doses between 0.4 mg/hr* and 0.8 mg/hr* have shown continued effectiveness for 10-12 hours daily for at least one month (the longest period studied) of intermittent administration. Although the minimum nitrate-free interval has not been defined, data show that a nitrate-free interval of 10-12 hours is sufficient (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY). Thus, an appropriate dosing schedule for nitroglycerin patches would include a daily patch-on period of 12-14 hours and a daily patch-off period of 10-12 hours.
Although some well-controlled clinical trials using exercise tolerance testing have shown maintenance of effectiveness when patches are worn continuously, the large majority of such controlled trials have shown the development of tolerance (i.e., complete loss of effect) within the first 24 hours after therapy was initiated. Dose adjustment, even to levels much higher than generally used, did not restore efficacy.
- Transderm-Nitro Side Effects
- Transderm-Nitro Drug Interactions
- Minitran (nitroglycerin) patch dosage information
- Nitro-Bid (nitroglycerin) ointment dosage information
- Nitro-Dur (nitroglycerin) transdermal infusion system dosage information
- Nitro-Time (nitroglycerin) extended-release capsules dosage information
- Nitroglycerin dosage information
- Nitrolingual (ntroglycerin) oral spray dosage information
- NitroMist (nitroglycerin) sublingual aerosol dosage information
- NitroMist (nitroglycerin) consumer information
- Nitrostat (nitroglycerin) tablet, sublingual dosage information
- Rectiv (nitroglycerin) consumer information
- Rectiv Ointment (nitroglycerin) rectal ointment dosage information