User Reviews for Dramamine

Learn more about Dramamine.

Motion Sickness 9 reviews 109 medications

9.5
Nausea/Vomiting 6 reviews 152 medications

9.4
Summary of Dramamine reviews 15 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Dramamine

Review by Ms. Teacher:

For Nausea/Vomiting: For me, it works miracles. When I used to drink I'd get the worst hangovers because of the horrible stomach ache and vomiting. If I take this, I know in one hour exactly (it literally takes exactly 60 minutes for me) I will feel better and not even a little nauseous. I also get nasty random bouts of nausea (I have no idea why). Before knowing about Dramamine, I'd have to force myself to vomit just to feel a little bit of relief but after finding this stuff, I no longer suffer. I do not know what I will do if this medicine is ever discontinued.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2014 4:29 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Motion Sickness: I do have to sleep after taking the regular one but it works the best.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by Pukaman (taken for less than 1 month):

For Motion Sickness: Chapped hands

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2014 4:23 AM

Review by sassamouth (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I take this for dizziness which is caused by a prescription medicine I take and it takes dizziness away and helps with anxiety! Non drowsy formula is a better ingredient than the original and only makes me slightly tired! Great medicine!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by 12 year migraine sufferer (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I had to stop taking my migraine medicine because of a life threatening side effect. Nothing else touched my migraines. I was desperate because of the nausea and dizziness on top of the unbelievable pain, and took a Dramamine. Not only did it stop the nausea and dizziness, it knocked out my migraine enough that I was able to get out aof bed and function - probably from a 10 on the pain scale to a 5. Huge difference!

December 28, 2012 12:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Love Dramamine. Don't go anywhere without it. Helps with travel anxiety too. But makes you very tired.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2012 11:43 PM

Review by Jennygrrl27:

For Nausea/Vomiting: During a migraine attack, I took a Dramamine to help me sleep (as, yes, it packs a wallop in the drowsy department). It did make me a little drowsy, but what was more interesting is that my migraine went from a "10" to a "4" on the pain scale. Now when I start to get migraine symptoms, I take an Excedrin and a Dramamine. The combination works tremendously for me.

June 18, 2011 9:26 PM

For Motion Sickness: This works even better if you get a dose of it in your system before you begin your trip.

June 12, 2011 1:32 PM

Review by Christine P.:

For Motion Sickness: I have such a hard time with motion sickness, so I am always sure to bring Dramamine along with me for flights, cruises, etc. I do not recommend the non-drowsy formula, however because it does not work for me. I will take drowsiness over nausea any day!

March 7, 2011 5:35 AM

For Motion Sickness: I've taken this for motion sickness and it absolutely does help with preventing the nausea. When on Dramamine, I will occasionally get a hint of it - or maybe it's just the recognition that certain conditions should be making me sick. Either way, nothing close to what I would experience when I not medicating. The only critique I have to offer is the drowsiness. Desperately wishing to lay down and close my eyes, which can happen on Dramamine, is inconvenient if it's not the type of trip I want to sleep through.

August 22, 2010 1:20 AM

Review by kayling05:

For Motion Sickness: I have been taking dramamine for years (since I was a child) to prevent my terrible motion sickness. It works incredibly well at keeping me from getting nauseated. My only problem with it is that it makes me so drowsy! If it is a shortish flight or bus ride, I still get nauseous but don't always want to take a dramamine because I'll be so drowsy once arriving at my destination. A 4+ hour flight/bus/boat though, and dramamine is for sure the way to go, particularly if it is overnight travel and you will be wanting to sleep anyway.

March 17, 2010 11:37 PM

Review by neeleymountain:

For Nausea/Vomiting: My doctor advised taking Dramamine after he gave me medicine to treat my problems - not motion sickness - and I experienced nausea and some vomiting from the medicine. I had tried various things that just seemed to make it worse but this helps. Now I can take the medicine I need and still be comfortable.

November 26, 2009 12:37 PM

Review by YuyiBoo:

For Motion Sickness: I had a 5 hour flight trip, I got Dramamine and it made me so relaxed, I fell asleep. When I woke up we were about to land. It helped me with anxiety too.

July 8, 2009 11:18 PM

Review by Jackanory:

For Motion Sickness: This is the only one that works for me and it really does work half an hour after taking it. This is important for me as our trips out in our boat are very spur of the moment. Sadly I can no longer get this is the UK.

April 24, 2009 1:56 PM

Review by Sue B-T:

For Motion Sickness: Really useful drug in the treatment of motion sickness, the only one that works 100% for me.

April 10, 2008 3:43 PM