User Reviews for Dimenhydrinate

Also known as: Calm-X, Dimetabs, Dinate, DMH, Dramamine, Dramanate, Dramoject, Driminate, Dymenate, Hydrate, Travel-Eze, Triptone

Learn more about Dimenhydrinate.

Motion Sickness 13 reviews 109 medications

9.6
Nausea/Vomiting 5 reviews 152 medications

9.4
Insomnia 1 reviews 98 medications

Summary of Dimenhydrinate reviews 19 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Dimenhydrinate

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: I do have to sleep after taking the regular one but it works the best.

June 17, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by Pukaman (taken for less than 1 month):

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: Chapped hands

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2014 4:23 AM

Review by sassamouth (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Nausea/Vomiting: I take this for dizziness which is caused by a prescription medicine I take and it takes dizziness away and helps with anxiety! Non drowsy formula is a better ingredient than the original and only makes me slightly tired! Great medicine!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by Bright spark:

Travel-Eze (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: When cruising only need one pastille a day. Best sea sick pill I've ever had, would recommend have been cruising for approximately 10years but have only been using Travel-Eze for about 5 years when a Boots customer said that it was the best one she had used for her daughter who is now never ill while traveling on any form of transport. Took her advice.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2013 5:35 AM

Review by Always Near Exhaustion:

For Insomnia: Decades - yes, decades - of sleep problems (late onset, circadian problems, waking frequently to urinate, exhausted all the time and all but dysfunctional during the day ... Tried many types of "sleeping pills" (Zopiclone was hilarious: after 3 nights in a row - in repeated trials - it made me sooo depressed, and my memory was seriously disrupted ( another side effect) ... Dramamine (25 or 50 mg, an hour before sleep time) has been a miracle drug for me. My sleep is still not perfect but so much improved that my life is coming back.

February 19, 2013 10:10 AM

Review by 12 year migraine sufferer (taken for less than 1 month):

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Nausea/Vomiting: I had to stop taking my migraine medicine because of a life threatening side effect. Nothing else touched my migraines. I was desperate because of the nausea and dizziness on top of the unbelievable pain, and took a Dramamine. Not only did it stop the nausea and dizziness, it knocked out my migraine enough that I was able to get out aof bed and function - probably from a 10 on the pain scale to a 5. Huge difference!

December 28, 2012 12:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Nausea/Vomiting: Love Dramamine. Don't go anywhere without it. Helps with travel anxiety too. But makes you very tired.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2012 11:43 PM

Review by Jennygrrl27:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Nausea/Vomiting: During a migraine attack, I took a Dramamine to help me sleep (as, yes, it packs a wallop in the drowsy department). It did make me a little drowsy, but what was more interesting is that my migraine went from a "10" to a "4" on the pain scale. Now when I start to get migraine symptoms, I take an Excedrin and a Dramamine. The combination works tremendously for me.

June 18, 2011 9:26 PM

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: This works even better if you get a dose of it in your system before you begin your trip.

June 12, 2011 1:32 PM

Review by Christine P.:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: I have such a hard time with motion sickness, so I am always sure to bring Dramamine along with me for flights, cruises, etc. I do not recommend the non-drowsy formula, however because it does not work for me. I will take drowsiness over nausea any day!

March 7, 2011 5:35 AM

For Motion Sickness: I have used this medicine for motion sickness and it is great.

January 28, 2011 11:27 PM

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: I've taken this for motion sickness and it absolutely does help with preventing the nausea. When on Dramamine, I will occasionally get a hint of it - or maybe it's just the recognition that certain conditions should be making me sick. Either way, nothing close to what I would experience when I not medicating. The only critique I have to offer is the drowsiness. Desperately wishing to lay down and close my eyes, which can happen on Dramamine, is inconvenient if it's not the type of trip I want to sleep through.

August 22, 2010 1:20 AM

Review by radarrunner1:

For Motion Sickness: For me it's a miracle medicine. I purchase it OTC and can't believe how well it relieves symptoms of vertigo. Wonderful success with this medication. In the past, I actually had to pull over when driving a vehicle because I couldn't focus on the road. I take 100mg and in a few minutes I'm back on the road. Amazing! I suffer from tinnitus and get "off balanced" very easily. It completely cures my motion sickness.

April 23, 2010 10:47 AM

Review by kayling05:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: I have been taking dramamine for years (since I was a child) to prevent my terrible motion sickness. It works incredibly well at keeping me from getting nauseated. My only problem with it is that it makes me so drowsy! If it is a shortish flight or bus ride, I still get nauseous but don't always want to take a dramamine because I'll be so drowsy once arriving at my destination. A 4+ hour flight/bus/boat though, and dramamine is for sure the way to go, particularly if it is overnight travel and you will be wanting to sleep anyway.

March 17, 2010 11:37 PM

Review by neeleymountain:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Nausea/Vomiting: My doctor advised taking Dramamine after he gave me medicine to treat my problems - not motion sickness - and I experienced nausea and some vomiting from the medicine. I had tried various things that just seemed to make it worse but this helps. Now I can take the medicine I need and still be comfortable.

November 26, 2009 12:37 PM

Review by YuyiBoo:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: I had a 5 hour flight trip, I got Dramamine and it made me so relaxed, I fell asleep. When I woke up we were about to land. It helped me with anxiety too.

July 8, 2009 11:18 PM

For Motion Sickness: Our six year old gets terrible motion sickness even on short trips. We recently went on vacation and the drive was proving to be too much for her. She threw up the whole day and then some the next even after she was out of the car - really heartbreaking. We purchased dimenhydrinate at the suggestion of the pharmacist and she was perfectly fine in 20 minutes. We finished our drive from Canada to North Carolina and she was completely healthy and happy the entire trip. FABULOUS!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2009 2:17 PM

Review by Jackanory:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: This is the only one that works for me and it really does work half an hour after taking it. This is important for me as our trips out in our boat are very spur of the moment. Sadly I can no longer get this is the UK.

April 24, 2009 1:56 PM

Review by Sue B-T:

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) for Motion Sickness: Really useful drug in the treatment of motion sickness, the only one that works 100% for me.

April 10, 2008 3:43 PM