User Reviews for Benadryl Allergy

Learn more about Benadryl Allergy.

Motion Sickness 1 reviews 109 medications

Extrapyramidal Reaction 0 reviews 66 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pruritus 0 reviews 294 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Benadryl Allergy reviews 17 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Benadryl Allergy

For Allergic Reactions "I have a severe dairy allergy and I have had it for all of my life. My doctor (who has been a doctor for more than 20 years) told me I had the worst case he has ever seen. If I touch it, I break out into hives, if I eat it or just put it in my mouth and then spit it back out, I go into anaphylactic shock. (where my lungs close up and I stop breathing) I always carry around the liquid Benadryl (because it works faster than the pills) in my purse. On many occasions, a double dose of it has saved my life and delayed the reaction from getting worse until I could get to the emergency room. Literally a life saver."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 5, 2015

For Allergic Reactions "Experienced an allergic reaction during dinner at a new restaurant. Throat started itching terribly so we left and drove to the nearest pharmacy. Used Benadryl syrup because I thought it would work faster. Fixed my allergic reaction in a minute."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Urticaria "I have suffered with chronic uticaria for over 10 years and over the last 6 months it has become a daily nightmare. Benadryl worked a bit but it was probably due to the sedating effect allowing me to sleep. However, I can now take 4 tablets and still itch. I've combined this with an H2 blocker such as Zantac and it helps enough to be able to sleep a couple of hours and then I'm awoken to intense itching."

Tweet_WA (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2015

For Hay Fever "I have severe seasonal allergies as well as severe allergies to dust and mold. I had gone through the gamut of second generation antihistamines (Claritin, Zyrtec and Allegra) with minimal success in treating my extreme symptoms. I decided to try the first generation antihistamine: Benadryl. Of course, it's been around for a long time, but it's definitely the most effective. The drawback to this older antihistamine is that it causes sleepiness, and it's not slight. Also, the newer antihistamines can be taken once a day, while Benadryl doses last only 4-6 hours. But to this extreme allergy sufferer, it's a small tradeoff, because it certainly treats the symptoms far better. "

RipTheSystem October 20, 2011

For Urticaria "Benadryl does knock me out but when I have bad hives, it works a lot better than other antihistamines. I get them bad enough sometimes that I have to be on prednisone as well."

Anonymous July 14, 2010

For Allergic Reactions "I have taken Benadryl or its generic equivalent for many years. It is very good for itchy throats and ears and all kinds of symptoms, and particularly good for sneezing. If the Benadryl doesn't work, then I know I'm coming down with something more than just seasonal allergies. I try to keep Benadryl with me all the time. There are so many food products that I am supposed to be allergic to that sometimes I take a Benadryl before I eat, especially peanut butter and bananas, two of my favorite foods."

Anonymous June 4, 2010

For Urticaria "I've been taking Benedryl Allergy every four hours today to try to get some relief from my hives, but it hasn't helped at all. The most relief I felt was during an oatmeal bath."

Anonymous December 6, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "Usually helps get a sound sleep."

Anonymous November 3, 2009

For Urticaria "My 2 1/2 year old son took this because of Hives/Welts. It helped with the itching but thats it. It made him very hyper."

Lizelou September 16, 2009

For Allergic Reactions "I have severe allergies and life has been miserable. I couldn't afford the time or money anymore for allergy shots. Claritan stopped working. So did a bunch of over the counter allergy medications. I took so many cough and zinc lozenges my tongue became sore. I coughed all the time, to the point of stomach pain and incontinence. My coworker just gave me a Benadryl. I was on the verge of going home sick, but now I'm 100% better. A stress rash that was erupting on the back of my neck just now went away. This is a marvelous product, and I didn't know it had so many uses."

squirrelnutkin July 18, 2009

For Hay Fever "Benadryl seems to help but makes me so sleepy it isn't really worth the symptom relief."

Anonymous June 6, 2009

For Insomnia "In some people such as myself, benadryl will cause kicking of the feet all night long. For some it works great but be aware that some of us get nervous feet, which does not help when you are trying to sleep."

Anonymous June 5, 2009

For Insomnia "Does not really work for chronic Insomnia"

hemaro April 21, 2009

For Allergic Reactions "I have been using Benadryl for the past 4 years and I never leave home without it. I have sneezing fits both indoors and outdoors and Benardryl is the only allergy pill that works for me. It works fast and stops my runny nose immediately. Although I do feel sleepy (most of the time), I can't be without it. "

AgnosticPanda February 20, 2009

For Allergic Reactions "I'm allergic to pollen. Took a dose, felt a million times better. Slept for 16 hours straight."

Anonymous January 27, 2009

For Insomnia "Not only is Benadryl great for allergic reactions, it is great for insomnia too. I use it for a variety of conditions and always carry some in my purse - just in case."

KClean January 1, 2009

For Urticaria "Benadryl made my 16yr old so sleepy that he had to be sent home from school but it did take away his hives."

margemccahon December 10, 2008

For Allergic Reactions "I am severely allergic to all nuts and I always keep a few pills with me. If I eat something that has been in contact with nuts I take two pills or a gulp of the syrup and my itchy mouth and throat, swollen lips are instantly soothed. The syrup does work faster than the pills but pills are lighter to carry around. I once ate a huge piece of hazelnut chocolate and having benadryl on me really saved me. It won't work on severe reaction i.e. eating peanut butter but it is definitely a life saver for all other allergic reactions. I am never without benadryl and my epipen. Only thing to look out for is intense drowsiness, so make sure to be at home to take a long nap when it takes effect."

Anonymous October 7, 2008

For Insomnia "I highly recommend using benadryl if you have no other sleep aid. "

Anonymous September 9, 2008

For Motion Sickness "I use benedryl for motion sickness and it does work. I can never remember the car ride, due to being asleep. I love it."

brea75 August 6, 2008

For Allergic Reactions "It's the only one I trust with my allergies..."

Mia Valentina April 5, 2008