User Reviews for Antivert

Learn more about Antivert.

Vertigo 6 reviews 29 medications

7.5
Nausea/Vomiting 1 reviews 159 medications

Summary of Antivert reviews 7 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Antivert

For Vertigo "I use meclizine/antivert every day of my life.. Every 6 hours, I can take up to 50mg. Unfortunately, I have a horrible diagnosis of vertigo, followed with BPPV. I rely on this medicine so much, I feel as if it's becoming ineffective.. :( Had real bad attacks in November. I got admitted to the hospital, and it took multiple doses, & 14 hours for the room to just stop spinning completely.. I have bad issues with my vertigo still. Can't sleep without the room spinning, it's hard to drive sometimes, and it's hard to function without feeling like I'm about to get dizzy all over again. Ugh. Just hope it stops completely soon. Been dealing with this daily since April 2012.."

xoxodnk (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For Vertigo "I took this medication for Vertigo,, it made me so sick,, so I stopped taking it... It didn't do anything for me.."

Nameless one August 6, 2015

For Vertigo "Really effective albeit sedating. I have Menieres with horrible vertigo, and have tried several meds, including Ativan and Lamictal, but Antivert seems most effective verses costs and side effects. Definite "hangover" of grogginess from the Antivert, but I can muddle through if I don't take it too late at night."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 30, 2014

For Vertigo "I was prescribed this medicine for treatment of Meniere's disease (constant vertigo & hearing loss due to excess fluid in the ear) this medicine knocks me out for at least 10 hours even after a small dose. It takes my dizziness away but it knocks me on my butt and I can't go to work for at least a day if I have to take it."

Anonymous February 25, 2012

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have used Antivert for seasickness and it may be the only thing I've used that really works. The over the counter medications for car sickness did not work for me. Also the medicated pad you wear behind the ear (scopolamine, I think) litterly puts me out for hours -- maybe you could cut a small piece. Antivert also makes me sleepy, but less than the others. My friend has vertigo and uses it for that with success. It has to be prescribed, however."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

For Vertigo "My doctor put me on this for vertigo. I had dry mouth and drowsiness but stopped the spinning. It was treating the vertigo from a perforated ear drum. "

Anonymous August 13, 2011

For Vertigo "I have taken Antivert for years. For some reason I cannot get it either from Medco or local pharmacy. It is an effective medication. Now I do not know what to do."

Anonymous July 29, 2011