Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Brintellix

Learn more about Brintellix.

Depression 67 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Major Depressive Disorder 32 reviews 44 medications

6.4
Summary of Brintellix reviews 99 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Brintellix

Review by Mike3 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I like it, I am finally able to remember times before I started feeling depressed, also I am able to connect my emotions/feelings to those memories which is great. All other ssris/snris I have taken only clouded my head and sort of numbness was always present.

April 12, 2015 1:56 PM

Review by CaliGirl100 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Was on 5mg for 2 weeks and now 10mg for a week. Not noticing anything really. No side effects which is great, but not feeling like I was hoping either, still lack of motivation for everything. I know I need to give it more time, will continue...

April 7, 2015 12:16 PM

Review by M2J1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Intolerable side effects - impotence, tired/fatigued, increased appetite and weight, restlessness/insomnia

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2015 4:42 AM

Review by Skubler (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Been on 20mg a day for about 8 months now after trying several that did not agree with me. All seemed to be fine till two days ago, massive break down of suicidal thoughts. Began anti depressants after the deaths of mother and father 3 months apart. I think I was put on medication prematurely and think I was actually just starting the grieving process. After meds I never went through it, suddenly I'm grieving and crying uncontrollably like I just lost them today. I will be weaning myself off the meds slowly.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 8:22 PM

Review by deviation24 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I only took this medication for a few days, my heart started hurting...I ended up in emergency room my blood pressure had sky rocket and my heart rate was throught the roof. Laying down my heart rate is steady but the moment I stand it jumps to over 150bpm...this never happened until I took this medication. I have been on bed rest for over a week now and so far it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

April 3, 2015 9:47 AM

Review by Gibs:

For Depression: At 52 years old I have always experienced depression. I am now weaning off of Effexor along with 10 mg of Brintellix. I had a bit of itching and gas but no other side effects. I am really excited to see where this medicine takes me but have only been on it for 10 days. So far, loving it and finally feel like me.

April 1, 2015 8:21 AM

Review by CaliGirl100:

For Depression: So far it's been 8 days taking 5mg, I'm supposed to go up to 10mg next week. It takes me longer to get to sleep but once I fall asleep, I stay asleep. No other side effects at all, however I have these break through moments where I feel happiness for like 5 seconds, like a positive thought instead of a negative thought which is usually the norm. I think my brain is trying to adjust so I'm not sure what the full effects will be but it's giving me some hope it'll work.

March 24, 2015 4:55 PM

Review by 46f (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Taking 10mg for almost a month. Feeling good. Was on Prozac 60mg after 10+ years. I do not see much mention of sexual side effects mentioned. But I notice what seems to be on this med. Did not have any problem on the Prozac.

March 23, 2015 9:51 PM

Review by David Olineck:

For Depression: I have been using this medication for over a month. I find the side effect of nausea to be very minimal and was gone it about 10 days. My mood is positive and stable. However, I find my focus and concentration to be markedly improved. This medication does what it claims to do. Much better than the others and lower side effects.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 1:57 PM

Review by muse malade (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Cymbalta worked for me for years and then, all of a sudden, just stopped working. This is day 8 of Brintellix. Suicidal ideation went down significantly but side effects are awful. I'm hungry all the time and thinking about food the minute I finish eating. Also, I haven't read this as a side effect before, but I believe I'm having some sort of allergic reaction as my limbs won't stop itching. I even took Benadryl for a couple of nights but without much relief. Is anyone else experiencing a similar side effect.

March 15, 2015 12:12 AM

Review by PKay:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I am on my third month on this medication. I started with 10 mg per day and now take 20. My copay is so high I will only be able to take this until I exhaust all means of samples given by Dr's. For the first time in a year I can say I feel pretty normal. I had to cut back to ten Mg for a couple of weeks and was crying almost daily. I have nausea, headaches and cravings for sweets. Have gained three pounds!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2015 8:47 PM

Review by apathynow:

For Major Depressive Disorder: 1 month in and I'm tolerating this medicine really well. I have Bipolar Disorder, but I'm taking it for depression and anxiety. I'm currently taking 10mg. I have occasional diarrhea and nightmares (may be the Lamotrigne), but that's it. So far I'm feeling more optimistic, I'm making plans for the future, I want to go out and socialize more often, and feel much more calm. I've tried more antidepressants than I can count and have been taking them since 1991. This is by far the best so far.

March 9, 2015 3:33 PM

Review by daftv4der (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I didn't really notice any improvements, my mood was just as inconsistent and my anxiety just as prevalent, and I experienced many of the symptoms (notably the inability to sleep, and sometimes very strong nausea for an hour or two after taking the tablet, among others). I tried it twice but both times it had the same effect.

March 1, 2015 11:57 PM

Review by Swan2000 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on Zoloft, Cymbalta, Effexor and they all stopped working at one point. My Dr then prescribed Brintellix. The only thing this medicine did for me was kept me hungry. I could be eating a meal and started to think about my next meal. I had a bad case of dry mouth, my eye sight started to deteriorate and I gained 12 pds in 5 months. I am now off Brintellix and on a different medicine.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by LoraSue:

For Depression: I am on 5mg and sensitive to these types of meds. The first week was bad with horrible nausea (even vomiting) and I was more irritable, but now on day 9, the nausea is gone and I haven't felt as moody, I am more relaxed. I should wait another week just to see how things might change. Otherwise, worth a try.

February 24, 2015 12:36 AM

Review by Kellewis:

For Depression: I started taking 10mg .. and have been on it for 3 months.. Other than the being sick to my stomach..was the only side effect I had. I then started taking it at night so that I could sleep through it and it worked.. The crying and no motivation, isolating myself.. and just letting the world go by, fits of anger and yelling stopped..( my son was happy with that),,, Sadly I lost my insurance and cannot afford to pay the 300 plus a month for this medicine. And have been off it for 2 weeks now.. I am right back at square one.. With crying, and all that goes along with it... Some days I feel like I just want to give up.

February 21, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by morezwif (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've been on Brintellix for about a week. I didn't notice anything until yesterday when realized I felt happier, not manic... just normal happy. Less anxious and more sociable. I'm worried about the side effects, don't want it to backfire on me like Ability and Lamictal did. Constipated but that is normal for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2015 8:17 PM

Review by An Average New Yorker:

For Depression: I took 1/2 of a 5MG tablet - 2.5 MG of this sent me into the abyss. I was suicidal for most of the day just barely holding on. The only thing keeping me from calling family for help was knowing it was the medication and not really me. I just had to wait for it to leave my system.

February 12, 2015 7:38 PM

Review by LadyPeony:

For Depression: I have been taking Brintellix for 4 days, at night, with food, and I am having absolutely no side effects. I feel a little little bit lighter/brighter, even though I know these meds usually take a while to kick in. So far so good.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by Bobcat919:

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medicine is amazing! I was on Viibryd for 2 years and still suffered, but now I feel "normal" and am interested in life once again. I do have nausea and have trouble falling asleep, but those are tolerable; depression is difficult to tolerate.

February 1, 2015 12:12 PM

Review by -Jess- (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I am bipolar and have major depression issues and have been on tons of meds, to the point where I have felt like a pin cushion for these meds. Either they make me so tired I can't do nothing or they just don't work. I started taking Brintellix 3 months ago and I am on 10 mg a day. Side effects, whether I took it with food or not I would throw up almost every day ugh.....but on the up side it has made me feel like me again, not miserable and naggy looking at everything in a negative way! The nausea is still there sometimes in the morning but I will take it. So I can cope with everyday issues without freaking out and to be somewhat at peace with myself.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2015 7:52 PM

Review by nw girl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: The first week I felt good but then nauseous all day...MIGRAINE and lack of sleep. Expensive too.

January 25, 2015 10:15 PM

Review by jame b. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on Brintellix for about 3 weeks now. So far I've noticed increased energy, weight loss, nausea, headaches, loss of sleep, nightmares, and some aggression. I have finally found 1 that works and I'm having all these side effects. I started out on the 10mg and still currently taking the 10mg. Maybe I need to be on a lower dose. I also take Ambien 10mg for sleep.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 9:23 AM

Review by MITX (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: After 1 month on Brintellix I can't wait to get off! I have had constant nausea, mood swings, random itching, and uncontrollable crying that seems to come from nowhere. I did not experience any of these problems on Effexor although it did give me migraines at higher doses.

January 4, 2015 3:13 AM

Review by Drum Weezer:

For Depression: I'm still in the process of acclimating to Brintellix while weaning off of Paxil. However, I must say that my anxiety and depression seems to be much better, and my hunger (caused by Paxil) has reduced. One of the major side effects of Brintellix is nausea. So, instead of starting on a 5 mg dosage. I cut the 5 mg in half and took that for three days since I am very sensitive to medications. Today is my first day on the 5 mg dosage and have not experienced any nausea. The only side effects that I have felt so far is a bit of heartburn/indigestion, mild sleepiness, and mild dizziness, which certainly hasn't kept me from doing my day-to-day routine. People should at least give this medicine a chance.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2015 6:55 PM