User Reviews for Brintellix

Learn more about Brintellix.

Depression 130 reviews 76 medications

6.9
Major Depressive Disorder 54 reviews 46 medications

6.7
Summary of Brintellix reviews 184 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Brintellix

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am a 64 year old female. I have been on antidepressants since I was 13. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, Bi-polar and major depressive disorder. I felt most normal while taking Prozac, however, during the past ten years, I lost both parents, made a major move, and my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. The Prozac just didn't seem to be working. My physician switched me to Wellbutrin, and then to Cymbalta...the Cymbalta and my stomach didn't hit it off, so she put me on Brintellix. I am very pleased with this medication. I do have nausea, so I try to eat something before I take it. I seem to be hot all of the time, some itching, and I have had a significant weight gain! Which is not listed as a side effect."

Grandgirl August 23, 2015

For Depression "I started brintillix 5 mg 4 days ago for mdd. I was on nardil for many years but the side effects were too much , gross insomnia. I my dose goes up to 10 mg in a few days. Its early but I notice I'm a little calmer in the evenings and sleep better, no nausea yet. I m in Canada and eligble for a compassionate $$ relief for this drug, as it is expensive. I wish everyone luck on it and me too."

benny12 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

For Depression "Depression was much better but the side effects were too bad to risk. Blood pressure increased, felt hot all of time and nausea that would not subside. But for once I did feel like my depression was much better. Back to Celexa now"

Louisiana68 August 19, 2015

For Depression "Having recently weaned from Viibryd and Wellbutrin, I've taken 5mg of Brintellix for two days now. I had some nausea the first day. I'm still taking Trileptal and I haven't noticed much of a difference. Time will tell."

Free4poo (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

For Depression "I have been taking Brintellix for about 2 months, after my Lexapro stopped working. The first day after taking Brintellix, I was nauseous. I stayed nauseous for 2 weeks. Now that the nausea has worn off....I LOVE this medication! I feel less calm, more happy and things don't get on my nerves as badly. Just try to tough out the nausea for 2-3 weeks. It gets better. After that, you'll love it. I highly recommend Brintellix!!"

SunStarShine August 15, 2015

For Depression "I had been taking brintellix for a few months. 20Mg and it was working great. I have pretty severe depression and everyone said they saw a positive change in me. But it started making my stomach hurt, I told the dr and we decided it was worth the stomach ache because it was really helping. When I started throwing up and feeling nauseous 24/7 I had to stop it. Been off for a couple weeks and still feel very sick."

annabellee August 13, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have experienced moderately severe depression for my entire adult life, and have taken a variety of SSRIs and SNRIs on and off for 20 years, as well as a few drugs in trial stages and not yet on the market. None of them did a whole lot for me, though Brintellix actually did improve my mood, sleep patterns, appetite and social functioning. I hesitate to call anything a wonder drug, and I fully acknowledge that there are a ton of factors in play and everyone responds differently, but Brintellix is far and away the best antidepressant for me, and the only one that works as desired. To top it off, it does not produce any noticeable side effects, for me. Now if it were only off patent or better covered by my insurance, I'd be happy!"

uV ajeD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2015

For Depression "I just started taking 5 mg Brintellix yesterday. Because of the fear of nausea I decided to take it before bedtime along with my Ativan to make sure I sleep good and not wake up if there is any nausea. I ate some bread with it too. I woke up this morning feeling fine. No nausea! I had some Weird dreams though! Will update!"

StarIntheSkyLa (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

For Depression "I started 10mg of brintellix over a month ago for depression. no side effects or any issues,i feel great!"

barbara39 August 6, 2015

For Depression "Started on brintellix 10mg for depression/anxiety, three weeks ago. No side effects at all,apart from some difficulty sleeping. I think I am feeling clearer, but can't say I feel less depressed. Maybe a little calmer,but still having some anxiety."

Leigh S. August 5, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am a 42 yr old mother. I have been depressed all of my life. Never been happy more than a few weeks at a time. I have tired a few different mess but no real change. I would also self medicate with alcohol. At least once a week I would get to drunk I would black out. As you probably figured that caused a lot of problems in itself. I started taken Brentellix 6 moths ago and I have NEVER been so happy in my entire life! I love it! It really changed my life for the better. No more drinking! At all. I'm so happy and my family has also seen the change are are more happy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2015

For Depression "Very bad side effects:nausea, vomiting, dizziness, odd dreams. Ended up x 2 in the ER because of this drug."

KPalmer82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2015

For Depression "I've suffered with depression type symptoms most of my life. I mainly suffer from Somatization disorder. I've tried many different antidepressants over the past 20 years & they usually only made me more depressed. I started 10 mg Brintellix May of 2014. I felt AMAZING! Then, it wore off & was bumped to 20mg. This worked fine. One side effect that we can't figure out is that I'm always SO HOT! Not sweating, Just always crazy hot! I weaned off the Brintellix over two months, until I was taking just a small corner of the thinner side then stopped. That was 3 weeks ago. Since then, I had TERRIBLE withdrawals & couldnt stand it. Head vibrating is the worst. Went back on Brintellix last night. I feel discouraged. But it worked for depression...."

CandyKisses4 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am a 44 year old female & have fought with dep & anxiety for at least 25 years... If not more! I just started brintellix, and I love it. I have tried them ALL. Not sure if I have an intolerance to the others, but my doctor told me, this is the one he falls back on every time (when a patient does not respond to others). He says he doesn't prescribe it too often because of the cost factor, he started me on 5 days at 5mg (10mg simply cut in half) to let my body adjust to it, then to the full dose of 10mg. It is exactly what I needed. For all of you out there that suffer from dep &/or anxiety, I encourage you to talk to your Dr about an MRI and checking for MS. In may of this yr I was diagnosed & it all makes much more sense now! Research it!"

Bmartin1214 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

For Depression "I have chronic headaches from a head injury and I am Bi-polar. I have a wonderful psych doc and a brilliant neurologist. They have always worked in conjunction with one another. I let them know that this was the last drug I would be trying as I feel I have done every drug and combination possible. As most of the reviews have stated, the nausea is significant and the itching intermittently. I find it similar to Cymbalta without the profuse sweating. It really helps with anxiety and doesn't seem to have sexual side affects (happy hubby). Because of the nausea and tummy trouble, I don't eat much and when I do it is because I am craving something. For me, the stomach ache is worth it as it is keeping me stable and productive."

brokennoggin July 24, 2015

For Depression "I have had clinical depression since I was a young child. I am now almost 24 and I don't think I've ever been happy, for more than a few weeks at a time, in my entire life. I have been on Zoloft and Wellbutrin in the past that did not help at all. I have been on Brintellix for a little over 6 months now and it has changed my life. I'm a better wife, mother and a significantly better college student. For the first time in my life I feel alive. There are no longitudinal studies on this new drug which makes me nervous. Side effects were severe for about 3 weeks and my insurance doesn't cover this very expensive drug(why I rated 9/10). Ultimately, Brintellix changed my life. I didn't think I would ever be happy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Been on Brintellix 10 MG for 1 month, at the same time decreasing Lexapro and Wellbutrin. Noticed immediate decline. Felt like I was not on meds at all. Increased to 20 MG. Felt angry, had uncontrollable emotional outbursts. Now on Xanax. When I feel loopy, angry, anxious I take it but am so out of it. I feel horrible and out of my mind. The genetic test said that Brintellix would be good for me but I can't function properly."

Autumn Marie July 12, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I don't know how to rate this drug. I have tried almost every antidepressant available since 1991, and this is the only one that truly worked. My life improved in all ways since I started it approx 4 months ago. When I raised my dose from 10mg to 20mg I had tachycardia, blood pressure changes, shaking episodes, so went back down to 10mg. Weeks later developed severe back pain spreading to all joints so now I can barely walk, just agonizing pain all of the time. I am so disappointed, I was absolutely in love with this drug."

don't know how to rate July 10, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "It is... amazing. I have been on antidepressants on and off since i was 16 years old. I am now 19 any my life has completely changed around. My sleep is better, my appetite normal, my mood heightened, anxiety is away, and I don't feel as if there's something weighing down my heart. Please, if you are depressed right now, I highly recommend this medication. My dad has been using it too and he is genuinely happier with his life; i can see it in his eyes."

Jeffrie J. July 9, 2015

For Depression "I've tried others years ago and could never tolerate them. I've been battling some health issues for awhile which has caused anxiety and recently depression. I am one of those people who are sensitive to everything I take so was nervous about trying this. I've only been on it for 5 days at 5mg in the morning. Mild nausea that goes away. I'm hoping for some energy as fatigue is a big issue for me. I think I'm feeling a bit less down but still to early to say I guess. I'll keep updating. Good luck everyone"

Craftyfable July 8, 2015

For Depression "I was on venlor for 6 months and couldn't take the nausea and dizziness. .. it messed with my blood sugar and cholesterol. I changed ti Brintellix, 6 months now, and I'm feeling awesome. Life is back to normal and Im much better now. No side effects."

JohnnyBAlive (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2015

For Depression "Horrible side effects. Was on for 1 month but was nauseated and vomited every day for that month. I give it a two only because it didn't make me suicidal, as some other Rx's have (cough-Cymbalta) Now on Viibryd and doing much better (and not vomiting!) :)"

SnowWhyte (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2015

For Depression "I switched from Zoloft and Seroquel to Brintellix 10mg. At first i noticed I had more enegry. I also have itchiness and some upset stomach but that goes away. those of you without insurance or with it and it wont pay enough ask your dr about patient assistance forms. Waiting to see how it helps since I lost my job."

twiggy1256 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Depression "I have tried lexapro, Zoloft, calexa, and brintellix. My body does not tolerate meds well. Lexapro was so intense that I took it for only two days and suffered almost every possible side effect. Zoloft caused nausea, weight loss, & I was still having panic attacks. Calexa was good, but I had increased migraines. Now I am trying brintellix, but my anxiety is back. I am crying without a direct reason. I am extremely tired. I also have an upset stomach. I suppose I will have to decide which side effects I can tolerate and just "live" with the nuisance. At this point, I don't want to cry every day. I want to have energy and enjoy life again."

4th med June 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Brintellix has reduced my depression to the lowest levels I've ever had with one medication. I have had medication resistant major depression with suicidal thoughts and occasional auditory hallucinations, severe insomnia, and attention problems for 30 years. I have had to take 3 meds to control it in the past. This med is making me feel incredibly "normal". However, I am having headaches and some nausea at 25 mg (always need high doses) but the headaches are improving- I think they will pass like most side effects do if I stick with it and practice patience. I feel to good to give up easily."

L B (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2015