User Reviews for Brintellix

Learn more about Brintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder 88 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Depression 193 reviews 77 medications

6.6
Summary of Brintellix reviews 281 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Brintellix

For Depression "So far it had been a little over a month and a half on 5 mg, for my depression and constant ups and downs. I have bi polar, PTSD, anxiety, and depression. Of all the meds this has helped tremendously, with only nausea as a side effect. I eat toast and peanut butter and it seems to help. I feel like myself again, with better concentration, more energy, and I'm smiling again. This honestly saved my life with the help of other meds that I am on!"

Tashy February 7, 2016

For Depression "Started of the 5mg Brintellix, I usually have low blood pressure, but noticed at first the headache and decided to monitor my blood pressure after taking the med. Usually the headache started about 3 hours after taking it. I took my blood pressure just to check and my BP was high 142/ 88. My norm is 108/70, that is regularly. I don't think I am going to be able to tolerate the discomfort it gives me with the headache and high BP, no nausea. I like the fact the food cravings I got on other meds is not a factor with this. I was on Lexapro low dose for about 7 years, but it I started to have tremors when I discontinued no tremors, but depression and SAD returned, so we tried Brintellix, may have to try something else."

cycle256 February 5, 2016

For Depression "I'm taking 300 mg Bupropion and still extremely depressed. Psychiatrist gave me a month of 5mg samples of Brintellix to supplement the Bupropion. I have been taking it for 5 days now and have severe nausea & vomiting along with constipation. Nausea & vomiting occurs 20 min. to 1/2 hour after taking so the drug isn't absorbed into my system to have an effect on my depression. I am on other medications that I was taking at the same time as the Brintellix. I've decided to take the Bintellix with food in the morning and all other meds at night due to the vomiting so that the other drugs can be effective. I can deal with nausea & constipation, but the not vomiting. I will continue taking and hope the vomiting stops. Fingers crossed."

HoosierBill February 5, 2016

For Depression "I just started this 3-4 days ago for helping me with fatigue. I've been on Prozac for about a year, vyvanse for about 6-7 months & klonopin as needed. I have anxiety and depression and never feel like doing anything. Adding brintellix to my morning routine actually made me hyper this evening and up this afternoon. I even played football with my brother for a while which is extremely rare or (never existed before) so I'm going to keep trying! I'm on 10mg of brintellix and 10mg of Prozac daily. And 40mg vyvanse for add."

Equinebefore February 5, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Tried many drugs over the past 20 years. This is the best yet. No strange feelings in the head, no twitching muscles or fog. Some stomach discomfort which was solved by splitting the l0 milligram tablet in two and taking morning and afternoon. The quality of my life has improved beautifully, and I am so grateful for it."

Ottawa Girl February 2, 2016

For Depression "Was on Prozac 20mg for 5 years. It worked for me. Gained weight. Forgot why I was on it until I tried to wean off. Saw a nurse to help me get off and she told me to try Brintellix. I weaned off prozac while starting brintelllix 10mg. It worked. But now a couple of months into it I miss the prozac. Not helping my anger. I can tell the difference. But I wanted to lose the weight. Thinking of increasing to 20mg or adding Gaba or something"

QQQSSUUEE (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder off the back of a recent adult ADD diagnosis. After the first few days on just a half dose I already felt like a different person and these effects have not changed after almost two months. My mood has improved greatly, my anger and irritability have dissipated, suicidal ideation has ceased, and I rarely find myself ruminating on negative thoughts. I have since experienced brief returns to depressive feelings during periods of extreme stress, though I believe these to be circumstantial. I have experienced no side effects except perhaps a slight reduction in sex drive. I would give Brintellix 10 but for the cost which is not covered by the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefit Scheme."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on most of the SSRI over the past 16 years and before that on the old style anti-depressants which were the worst. I changed to Brintellix after 7 years on Lexapro and at first I felt fantastic. I did have some initial nausea and headache which dissipated over the first few weeks. I started on 10mg and have been on this dose for the last 5 weeks. The initial success has been overshadowed by sleep disturbance with vivid dreams and some nightmares, plus increasing agitation and low level feeling of anger. My concentration is affected by these background feelings as I feel agitated most of the time now. Think this means it isn't going to work for me, and yes another failed med!"

Crassula January 28, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Brintellix now for 6 weeks, I started on 1/2 of 5mg tablet Bc I hadn't tolerated any other SSRI. Increased to 5mg about 3 weeks ago. I've found a new found hope in life. I had the constipation, but increased my fiber, started on Benefiber daily and increased water consumption and even have had the desire to exercise which also helps. I'm sold on this medication, I haven't felt this good in years!"

NKOTB fan p January 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "1. No serious side effects, such as headache or constipation; this is the only antidepressant on the market that I have ever been able to tolerate. 2. Serious vivid dreaming and sometimes nightmares. 3. Daytime sleepiness. Advise taking at night. 4. EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. 5. Taking the 5 mg. 6. Stabilizes my emotions, OCD, negative thinking."

Allie Kelly January 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Just took my first dose 5 mg of Brintellix - have been on every possible medication including Wellbutrin for 15 years, Seroquel for 9 years, Lexapro for 2 years, just weaned off Lexapro. I feel quite odd, butterflies in stomach and brain fog - my daughter has been on Brintellix for 2 months and is still vomiting - if this continues, another failed med."

LauraRL (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

"I fired my doctor for switching me to Brintellix and saying it had no side effects. I don't know if he was outright lying or just believing whatever the drug company said. Either way he proved himself incompetent. Brintellix has terrible side effects. I was only taking 5mg a day and it's the worst drug I ever took."

marty23 January 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took Pristiq for 6 years for depression, PTSD and anxiety but wasn't getting results anymore. My Dr. Switched me to Fetzima but I had an allergic reaction. Ultimately I ended up on Brintellix. I started on 5mg and am currently on 10mg. Although the medicine works, the GI side effects are almost intolerable. I tried bumping up to 20mg and would vomit within an hr. The current 10mg. dose causes nausea, increased acid reflux, constipation, gas and bloating. Considering switching."

Jensuzlevy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

For Depression "This medication had me in severe hypersomnia, barely able to function at work, sleeping all day. Worked great for anxiety, but everything was numbed out. I'm stopping this cold turkey. I tried 5mg, 10mg and 15mg."

sh4d0w123 January 20, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started up trintellix ( That's what its called here in Canada) about 2 months ago. I have noticed a complete change in my attitude and personality. I no longer feel as sad and hopeless as I did before, and my anxiety is almost not even there. Sure I still get a few depressive episodes, but they don't ever last more than a day and I've only had 2 so far. I have cycled through so many different anti-depressants that I actually got fed up and quit them all together, but I'm glad I decided to give them another try. HOWEVER, every morning after I take my pill (10mg) I get extremely nauseous. I end up puking almost every other morning. Today it was just a cup of orange juice. Because of this, I have lost about 15lbs from not eating as much."

JulieJ93 January 20, 2016

For Depression "I have been on brintellix for three weeks. I have not felt any effects what so ever. It only serves to make me vomit nearly every morning. Libido is zero. This only adds to my anxiety and depression. It is also very expensive costing me nearly $450 a month. If I felt just a little better I would not mind spending the money. Drug companies just suck! For the money this med is just not worth it and I will request another anti depressant from my MD at my next visit"

Hockey ref January 20, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Brintellix for about 5 months now. At first I was on 5mg and I noticed 2 things right away: I was experiencing some severe nausea, but I wasn't having the kinds of social thoughts the other antidepressants I have taken caused. Doctor shortly thereafter increased my dose to 10MG. I felt happy and very, very focused. Time got away from me, and the days blurred together. Unfortunately I experienced some negative side-effects. I noticed that I became agitated easily and even very, very angry at times. There were times that I hated everything. Not to mention the complete loss of sex drive- very big problem at 26 years old. Back on 5mg now. Still no sex drive. Plus the meds are so expensive!"

Koanon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Most of the time Brintellix has worked fairly well, I take it along with Wellbutrin XL."

Seniors 1 January 17, 2016

For Depression "Absolutely terrible. I switched to Brintellix from Lexapro because I was having some unpleasant side effects. My doctor suggested this medication as it has "no side effects." I've been through several antidepressants, and may I tell you this is by far the worst one. Not only did I have horrific physical side effects such as vomiting after only the second dose of 5mg, but this stuff seemed to screw me up mentally - though that part could have also been due to Lexapro withdrawal. Regardless, Brintellix has made me realize how great Lexapro was. I'll take those side effects any day after this! Would not reccomend Brintellix - be wary of what your doctor tells you and research any medicine before taking it. Back to Lexapro..."

aaTLX (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Depression "I was admitted to the hospital with suicidal ideation after beginning this medication. I was probably on it 3 weeks and then was in the hospital a week. I went from feeling depressed to suicidal that fast. I blame the medication. I hear it works wonders for some but for me it was terrible."

battling depression (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Depression "I moved to another state 4 months prior to taking this med. I was experiencing a lot of highs and lows....sadness, irritability, increased anxiety due to moving 2 states away from family/friends. I already take Wellbutrin which I've been on for a decade to control anxiety and SAD. By the end of week 1 I noticed a feeling of "levelness" of my general mood, by end of week 2 my boyfriend noticed the positive change by end of week 3 I still feel pretty good as far as the highs and lows being gone but now I'm starting to notice a lowered libido and decreased reaction to sexual stimuli-it's extremely difficult to reach orgasm. I will continue the med for awhile as I do believe it's working for the mood but am unsure about staying on it long term."

Becky, 45 year old female (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

For Depression "I've been taking it since June 2015 and I have to say I became my old self. I'm suffering from severe postpartum anxiety. But brintellix has changed my life for the better. I have to say I am completely more social now."

Jrmj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2016

For Depression "Works fantastic! No more depression or anxiety!"

Rome14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had less GI problems starting this than I did with Zoloft and other drugs like it. I haven't gotten nausea or diarrhea. My appetite is lower which is good since the other meds made me gain weight. I actually noticed myself feeling pretty good after about a month on 10mg. My doctor then increased me to 20mg. At the dose I had no problem with my social anxiety and my general anxiety was close to zero. It also worked amazingly for my depression."

PS4gamer91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

For Depression "I've been on brintellix for ~3 months and it has changed my life. My depression was very severe- daily anxiety, immobilized from crying and panicking... this was related to PTSD and I was consumed with feelings of guilt, shame, and thought of suicide several times. I started on 10 mg, had no side effects at all (maybe a little continued jaw tightness), and felt the effects within a week. I already had reduced anxiety, and cut the amount of xanax I would take in half. Then as time went on, the anxiety and depression started fading away entirely and my mood was elevated. I could think clearly, more energy, more motivation for the first time in months. Brintellix combined with therapy cured me. I increased to 20 mg and feel better than ever."

DJ lil Apple January 5, 2016