User Reviews for Brintellix

Learn more about Brintellix.

Depression 117 reviews 75 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 47 reviews 44 medications

6.7
Summary of Brintellix reviews 164 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Brintellix

For Depression "I was on venlor for 6 months and couldn't take the nausea and dizziness. .. it messed with my blood sugar and cholesterol. I changed ti Brintellix, 6 months now, and I'm feeling awesome. Life is back to normal and Im much better now. No side effects."

JohnnyBAlive (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2015

For Depression "Horrible side effects. Was on for 1 month but was nauseated and vomited every day for that month. I give it a two only because it didn't make me suicidal, as some other Rx's have (cough-Cymbalta) Now on Viibryd and doing much better (and not vomiting!) :)"

SnowWhyte (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2015

For Depression "I switched from Zoloft and Seroquel to Brintellix 10mg. At first i noticed I had more enegry. I also have itchiness and some upset stomach but that goes away. those of you without insurance or with it and it wont pay enough ask your dr about patient assistance forms. Waiting to see how it helps since I lost my job."

twiggy1256 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Depression "I have tried lexapro, Zoloft, calexa, and brintellix. My body does not tolerate meds well. Lexapro was so intense that I took it for only two days and suffered almost every possible side effect. Zoloft caused nausea, weight loss, & I was still having panic attacks. Calexa was good, but I had increased migraines. Now I am trying brintellix, but my anxiety is back. I am crying without a direct reason. I am extremely tired. I also have an upset stomach. I suppose I will have to decide which side effects I can tolerate and just "live" with the nuisance. At this point, I don't want to cry every day. I want to have energy and enjoy life again."

4th med June 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Brintellix has reduced my depression to the lowest levels I've ever had with one medication. I have had medication resistant major depression with suicidal thoughts and occasional auditory hallucinations, severe insomnia, and attention problems for 30 years. I have had to take 3 meds to control it in the past. This med is making me feel incredibly "normal". However, I am having headaches and some nausea at 25 mg (always need high doses) but the headaches are improving- I think they will pass like most side effects do if I stick with it and practice patience. I feel to good to give up easily."

L B (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just took my first dose of the 10mg Brintellix after a week of the 5mg. I take mine at night with my Latuda which requires 350 calories so I've experienced virtually no nausea. I'm very surprised that I have taken so well to this drug. Generally, I experience a lot of the negative side effects but this time I haven't. I'm hopeful that we will reach a dose that really removes the depression and I can start living my life again. I haven't noticed any weight gain , which is always a concern of mine. I'm hopeful that this will be the one but I've also been hopeful in the past and have been let down."

slintz0706 (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2015

For Depression "In the last 6 years I've been on Effexor and Pristiq (synthetic Effexor and I had horrible withdrawal from them), Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, and Mirtazapine. None seemed to work for long and most didn't seem to help at all and I've wondered if I am resistant to the meds. In addition, my anxiety has been awful. Finding an anti-anxiety drug has been tricky because I'm in recovery (used to self-medicate my depression and anxiety) and I need to be extra careful about taking certain medications since I have the tendency to abuse them. It's too early to tell if Brintellix will work for me but the genetic testing shows it's a good match. The nausea is bad, but I'm used to taking meds on an empty stomach so will start taking it with food."

ElliEtte (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2015

For Depression "Day 9 of Trintallex. Have seen glimpses of normality but have still been highly unstable and dysfunctional. Side effects include: little bit itchy skin, headache, ringing in the ears, agitation/hyperactive at times. I know I'm early in the process.... This is extremely difficult. I'm considering getting the DNA testing to find a more suitable med if I don't see harsh improvements in the next couple of weeks."

sam696969 June 18, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "The sickest six weeks of my life. Constant nausea accompanied by intermittent vomiting, headaches and flu-like symptoms. I would have had to die to feel better. An emotional wreck, severe bouts of crying, feelings of utter despondency and hopelessness that were not present before taking. I am amazed that this drug made it through the FDA with such high incidences of nausea. Absolutely horrible experience."

Anonymous June 16, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started 4 days ago and noticed a calming effect during the first day which made me excited and hopeful. I am cross titrating off cipralex with this med, though I feel I can just stop the 20 mg of cipralex. On day 3 I developed an itch in random parts throughout my body, just got allergy medication in attempts of making this uncomfortable side effect subside. I am hopeful this goes away. I am on 5 mg currently."

simmy16 June 13, 2015

For Depression "I've been battling MDD for about ten years now and I've been on and off many different medications. My biggest complaint with most of them was the fatigue. I'm only 24, but while I was on this medication it was hard for me to keep up with my friends that were similar ages. I was always tired, always taking naps and still going to bed early. With Brintellix, the fatigue is GONE! It's easier for me to wake up, I can do more during the day without wanting to take a nap and having more energy has given me the opportunity to start exercising again. I do have a bit of stomach upset while taking it, but it is mild and, frankly, a smile price to pay when considering all the good Brintellix does for me."

Audixgirl June 10, 2015

For Depression "I been on brintellix for a month now it has helped me a whole lot with panic attacks .. No side effects at all .. I'm taking 10mg a day . Started with 5mg for two weeks then went up to 10mg .. I feel optimistic about the future now I have my life back . I went six months without driving because I was scared of a panic attacks but with this medication I am back driving I suffer from phobia of driving over bridges .."

Bronzebombshell June 10, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been taking Brintellix for 2 months. I've been on several other antidepressants: Wellbutrin, Effexor, Viibryd, and Pristique. Brintellix is the only medication that has sustainably improved my mood without causing fogginess or terrible side effects. My concentration has improved, my energy is consistent, my anxiety and agitation are greatly reduced, and I'm happy. The first month I was very tired. Sleeping about 10-11 hours a night and still having trouble getting up in the morning. This has passed and I'm back to a normal sleeping schedule and energy level. I experience nausea from certain foods/drinks. For example, coffee. Other side effects I'm experiencing are constipation and weight gain. The pros still greatly outweigh the cons."

jane_a June 9, 2015

For Depression "I am an R.N. and diagnosed 20 plus years ago with clinical depression, I have also been on just about every antidepressant. A week ago I requested help from my physician due to the increasing depression and lack of help from Cymbalta he prescribed Brintellix. I switched immediately and some of the symptoms are withdrawal from the Cymbalta. The " reverberations" in my head are distinctly withdrawal symptoms. My headaches appear to be from decreased sodium which is a Brintellix side effect and for me are eliminated by drinking Gatorade which is high in sodium. The nausea is a toss up and eased with ginger ale and carbs. The itching responds to 1 Benadryl. 4 weeks is the norm for side effects to subside. Identical to original Prozac."

Kafse June 7, 2015

For Depression "Week 3 on brintellix. I feel so much better than I have felt in years. I'm 31, and have been on 10 or so different anti depressants in the past. Zero side effects. Other anti's seemed to cause huge anxiety. Now with britillex, I can stop taking anti anxiety meds. It's almost as if my brain were a house and brintillex has opened a door to another room I never knew existed."

austryralian (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

For Depression "I just came off 112.5mg/day of Effexor which was absolutely HORRIBLE. My doctor has put me on 10mg of Brintellix. I have immediately begun feeling better mentally and emotionally for the first time in months, even while dealing with these withdrawal symptoms. I didn't have high hopes given my past experiences with antidepressants and honestly was about ready to give up on medication all together. I am experiencing some nausea which could be from withdrawing, the Brintellix, or most likely both. Seriously, for how bad I am feeling physically from the Effexor I am absolutely amazed that I can feel this positive mentally. I'll update when the physical symptoms subside."

Chi1313 June 4, 2015

For Depression "I have been on several anxiety/depression medications over the last 30 years and always had some kind of side effect. I would either get an allergic reaction or it would make my anxiety worse. Finally tried Brintellix 10 mg. two months ago, and I feel great, I have had no side effects what so ever. I just feel normal. I rarely take Xanax now and can go to sleep and usually sleep thru the night. I am still taking free samples from my doctor as my Insurance company will not cover. I have sent in an appeal for them to reconsider..my fingers are crossed"

Olee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

For Depression "After 3 weeks on Brintellix I have more energy but still depressed!!"

MARK MORDECHAI KESSLER May 28, 2015

For Depression "My experience with Brintellix has been terrible. This is the worse anti-depressant I have ever taken. Bad if you have insomnia. Bad if you have problems with rumination. Bad if you have anxiety. Enough said."

naid (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have been on brintellix a little over 5 weeks and have lose of appetite. I have lost about 9 pounds could stand to lose a few, but feeling a little foggy most days unsteady on my feet, some what out of it I'll give it another week or so. Anyone experience this."

satch26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For Depression "I love it I never felt this happy I will tell anybody to get on it I am calmer then ever and talkative but that's ok! I'm over the throwing up part thank God. But I love love love it!"

Fally May 20, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on anti-depression medicine for about 10 years. Different ones, but, the last one - Lexapro-. I felt like I was going crazy. I had crazy feelings of not being worth anything and like everyone was against me. Cried all the time and did not want to do anything. My doctor started me on Brintellix (20MG) and I felt better after about 1 week. I have been on it now for 1 month. I feel like I need this medicine to keep going every day. It did cause me to feel nauseated daily for about 2 weeks. That feeling has gone. But the bad part of this medicine for me is that my taste has changed when I eat certain foods. I have a better outlook on life and do want to do things but still have issues."

Susie1800 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

For Depression "I've been severely depressed for 10 years inc 2 hospital stays. My psychiatrist is excellent and suggested brintillex After I've been on cymbalta for 2 years. Already so much less sleepy, more prone to complete tasks, not moping around all day and I have hope. Only one side effect is skin itching I can't seem to stop it! But other than that very happy. If you've given up on life, the future, any chance of recovery give it a try."

CatCharlotte May 16, 2015

For Depression "I was on Lexapro for about 2 years until itstopped working. Prior to that,over the last 25 years was always on an antidepressant. You name it, I've tried it. What the antidepressants did for me was just take away the severe irritability that I had, I was really at a low point when my doctor asked me to try Brintellix. I had no desire to do anything. I felt no joy. I had been taking 40 mg.of Lexapro a day. Doc said I didn't have to wean off it. He said I could just switch, starting the next day and I did. I Started on 5mg for the first 2 wks then increased to 10mg it's only been 4wks that I have been on it and my nausea has got better, I have a clarity in thinking that I didn't have before. I feel joy now. I am staying on it. Also, no sexual problems on it. Got Hope!"

AuntieAnn May 15, 2015

For Depression "I switched from Zoloft due to fogginess at higher doses. As others have mentioned, the nausea and dizziness were definitely difficult for me when I first started Brintellix. At the same time, I could tell this was working for my depression. I was so grateful for the antidepressant effects. I cut back from 10 mg. to 5 m.g. (half a pill) for a couple of weeks and the nausea began to subside. I went back up to 10 mg. and now nausea is only an occasional problem. My doc said to make sure to take it with food, which I do in the morning. I know others take it at night. The nausea was indeed difficult, but I am so glad I stuck with it. For me, it is a very effective antidepressant."

Moon in Virginia (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2015