User Reviews for Brintellix

Learn more about Brintellix.

Major Depressive Disorder 22 reviews 44 medications

Depression 46 reviews 75 medications

6.5
Summary of Brintellix reviews 68 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Brintellix

Review by Gio187:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I was admitted into a clinic & was monitored for 3 weeks. After the 2nd day I started feeling a change & after 4 weeks it's still good. Energy levels are up, thinking positively & coping with society & life again. Only downfall for me is trouble sleeping. Two thumbs up!

December 16, 2014 9:08 PM

Review by j bro:

For Depression: It worked for about a month. 10 mg, then seemed all of a sudden stopped working.

December 16, 2014 8:28 PM

Review by Rozziemarie:

For Depression: Had headaches, constipation, high blood pressure, and night terrors, dizziness.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 9:51 AM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I had no ill side effects with this medication. But, my doctor gave me samples, and when the samples were gone, my insurance wouldn't pay for the medication. I came off of it even though it worked because of the cost.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Tammy L (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I've had the side effects of nausea, diarrhea and low sex drive. Even so, it has helped improve my mood and reduced my anxiety. The side effects have decreased in the past few weeks but at first were bothersome. Largest complaint is the copay! Our cost is $122 after insurance! Outrageous. I probably wont be able to afford it for long. Sad because I finally found something that was working.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 11:37 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Have anxiety and depression and have been on medicines for 20 years. Have taken Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Lexapro. Just switched 3 weeks ago from Prozac/Wellbutrin to Brintellix with Wellbutrin. Feel fantastic - much better mood, clear head, no anxiety. No side effects at all. Taking 10mg.

November 22, 2014 4:31 PM

Review by Jus10 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: This medication is absolutely amazing. I've tried Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, Viibryd, Paxil and Cymbalta over the course of ten years. Brintellix was the first medication that didn't give the unpleasant "disconnected/sedated" side effects of other SSRI'S. As a male, the sexual side effects a minute. I began on 5mg for two weeks and achieved a therapeutic dose of 10mg once a day. I have my life back and it also helps with obsessive compulsive disoder symptoms. I suggest taking right before bed, as it can make you a little drowsy.

November 20, 2014 1:44 PM

Review by MrAnxiousHands:

For Major Depressive Disorder: Was prescribed Brintellix after being on Effexor for years and years, and it stopped doing it's job. Started at the 5mg dose for 2 weeks, then to 10, and then to 20. The first week I had more energy and a very euphoric mood. I also became kind of impulsive and jittery (is installing broomstick holders in the utility room at 2:00am normal?). At 10mg my anxiety started increasing, and at 20mg my anxiety was almost debilitating. Talked to my doctor and she is switching me to something else. I'm sure it's a great med, but just not for me unfortunately

November 19, 2014 5:18 PM

Review by francine5:

For Depression: My doctor gave me 5mg samples to take for 1 week, then 10mg. The first two nights I had trouble sleeping, also taking trazodone 100mg for sleep. Today I took my Vyvanse 40 mg, and the Brintellix, I already feel somewhat better. No side effects, but sleep. I really think this medicine can help me for the depression I've had.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2014 6:12 PM

Review by BRiTT!:

For Depression: Started medication three days ago. So far my energy level has gone up, I feel happier and more positive. I have experienced itchy skin.. hoping that side effect subsides.

November 11, 2014 8:33 AM

Review by happyagain87:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have been depressed for 12 years. Throughout my life I've contemplated suicide, I had paranoid thoughts, and had very little self esteem. I have been on and off multiple antidepressants and couldn't find one that made me feel like myself again. Finally, when I started to experience severe mood swings and found myself becoming angry for no reason to the people I loved, I decided I should try to get help once again. My doctor started me on Brintellix and it has helped me so much. Fortunately, I don't experience any side effects. My mood is elevated, I'm gaining my confidence back, I'm more motivated, and most importantly I feel like myself again. I'm taking 10mg currently and find no need to go to a higher dose. The only downfall is the cost

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2014 11:05 AM

Review by kay2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Been taking Brintellix a little over a month, 5mg in the morning. No side effects. Tried to increase to 10mg experienced nausea, tiredness and jittery feeling. I suffer from insomnia and take 300mg Seroquel at bedtime. I wish I could tolerate the side effects at 10mg so I could get the full benefit of the medicine.

October 27, 2014 2:08 PM

Review by pretty n pink (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I love Brilltenex. I've been on it for a year. Unfortunately I take 20 mg. I feel a whole lot better. So much better than Prozac. Only down fall is that my headaches are back. Might lower back to 10mg. Wish it wasn't so expensive.

October 26, 2014 11:35 AM

Review by JNC (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: On Brintellix 10 mg for a week. Had to stop taking it due to severe side effects including upset stomach, dizzyness, head rushes, increased mood swings and suicidal thoughts. Really threw me for a loop. Went back to Cymbalta which at least keeps me on an even keel with no side effects.

October 25, 2014 4:03 AM

Review by So far so good! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I am a 46 yr old female with generalized anxiety disorder and depression. I tried Zoloft because it helped 3 of my family members. Zoloft made me miserable! I ended up in the psych ward with severe anxiety, depression and nausea. My doctor took me off of Zoloft and put me on 10 mg Brintellix and I noticed a change pretty quickly. He also had me on 0.5 mg of Klonopin 2x a day. My nausea virtually disappeared and my anxiety/depression improved significantly. I had some lightheadedness and itchiness on and off but eventually that subsided. I've reduced my Klonopin to 1 pill a day. I'm still going to therapy and trying to exercise and read my Bible which helps, but the medication has been a Godsend so far. I highly recommend it. The only thing is it is expensive.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I get anxiety and depression. I've tried several antidepressants and for anxiety too none worked for me. They would cause drowsiness and didn't even work for my anxiety. I would be around my co-workers even felt like I was twitching and they couldn't walk by me because I felt like ants all over my body. I started taking Brintellix 10 mg and I'm only 114 pounds. It works great for me, more alert at work and wake up at 6 am and feeling refreshed.

October 15, 2014 1:04 AM

Review by capital J:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I've been taking it for couple weeks now. No side effects. I'm a lot happier. I like it better than Zoloft.

October 12, 2014 1:24 PM

Review by Hopeful1977 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I'm on my 3rd day. My mood seems to have mellowed out a bit. I'm not as moody as I normally am. I don't have the itchy skin but I have been experiencing a bit of nausea. This is my first time being on antidepressants and I really hope this gets me out of the funk I've been in the last 6 months. I got a 3 week sample supply and haven't submitted my prescription yet to see if insurance will cover what my physician describes it as "the designer antidepressant".

October 10, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by Ken in MN:

For Depression: I started with 5mg then went to 10mg. I thought it was a great improvement. However, I started getting severe nausea that didn't go away after a month. I had to stop taking it, but I'm still having the nausea 3 weeks later.

October 7, 2014 1:44 PM

Review by Nikki S (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: In the beginning I only had a problem with itching, I kept thinking my body would get used to it & it would stop. It didn't, it only got worse. I wasn't experiencing any other severe issues, so I had planned to stay on it, but on Day 7, I noticed that I was having trouble finding my words, my vocabulary was impaired & there was almost a stutter present. On Day 8 I became very nauseous & decided that would be my last day. The side effects were just too much to wait it out. Day 9, no med, my husband told me that I seemed much more relaxed and "involved". I cannot wait for this itching to go completely away! I did seem to have a little more positive attitude & motivation but the side effects were too much!

October 5, 2014 7:34 PM

Review by TeeDePl:

For Major Depressive Disorder: So far so good. The only side effect so far has been many things now have an ammonia smell to them.

October 4, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by bray24 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Been taking this medicine for two weeks. I noticed I'm really itchy, my stomach is so sick, headaches, and I'm very tired. I hope it gets better.

September 28, 2014 10:01 PM

Review by Was Depressed (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I had been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and have been treated with medicines that at that time were the best. Venlafaxine being the latest. However the effects were decreasing over time. 12 years and has so many side effects. Now I am on Brintellix 20mg daily...wow there is life. My mood is elevated, my outlook and self esteem and confidence has returned to normal. My energy level has skyrocketed. My sleep is more restful. Negative thoughts are diminished. Day to day living is now controllable. Clear thought process not drugged feeling. A very content person. Focus on the enabling versus the negativity. Started on 10mg daily increased to 20mg after 3 weeks and a slow reduction in my venlafaxine. One side effect is nausea I noted but a dry snack helps

September 24, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by brendaboo67 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have been pretty medicine resistant to most medications, the best medication for me was Zoloft until it lost its effectiveness on me. I have been on Brintellix for about a month now, was upped to 20mgs last week, and it is just amazing for me. I feel a sense of happiness and hope that I haven't felt in a long time, I really didn't see as much improvement until the medication was upped to 20 mgs, then so far it has been awesome, I have had no side effects other than the first few days I was a little antsy and lightheaded.

September 16, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Omega Man (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I've been on new medicine Brintellix for 12 weeks now. I have Manic Disorder, so I have been on every medicine you can imagine since 8th grade. It's sad, I'm 22yrs & still breakdown in public. It was difficult for me at first since my depression left me motionless & incapable to think or feel. I was given 10mg a day but took 20mg, I know I wasn't supposed to do without telling my Dr. (4 Day) able to move & think somewhat. (6 day) move & critical think. I'm not saying this medicine is magic but at least I can function. Kind of in-between with no real highs or lows emotion. Notice I get serious nausea to the point of vomit on 10 day haven't gone away. I also take Prozac and Zyprexa. Don't think I'll ever be normal but as long as I'm not suicidal it will get be better.

September 11, 2014 12:17 AM