Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Brintellix

Learn more about Brintellix.

Depression 62 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Major Depressive Disorder 29 reviews 44 medications

6.6
Summary of Brintellix reviews 91 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Brintellix

Review by CaliGirl100:

For Depression: So far it's been 8 days taking 5mg, I'm supposed to go up to 10mg next week. It takes me longer to get to sleep but once I fall asleep, I stay asleep. No other side effects at all, however I have these break through moments where I feel happiness for like 5 seconds, like a positive thought instead of a negative thought which is usually the norm. I think my brain is trying to adjust so I'm not sure what the full effects will be but it's giving me some hope it'll work.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2015 4:55 PM

Review by 46f (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Taking 10mg for almost a month. Feeling good. Was on Prozac 60mg after 10+ years. I do not see much mention of sexual side effects mentioned. But I notice what seems to be on this med. Did not have any problem on the Prozac.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 9:51 PM

Review by David Olineck:

For Depression: I have been using this medication for over a month. I find the side effect of nausea to be very minimal and was gone it about 10 days. My mood is positive and stable. However, I find my focus and concentration to be markedly improved. This medication does what it claims to do. Much better than the others and lower side effects.

March 15, 2015 1:57 PM

Review by muse malade (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Cymbalta worked for me for years and then, all of a sudden, just stopped working. This is day 8 of Brintellix. Suicidal ideation went down significantly but side effects are awful. I'm hungry all the time and thinking about food the minute I finish eating. Also, I haven't read this as a side effect before, but I believe I'm having some sort of allergic reaction as my limbs won't stop itching. I even took Benadryl for a couple of nights but without much relief. Is anyone else experiencing a similar side effect.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 12:12 AM

Review by apathynow:

For Major Depressive Disorder: 1 month in and I'm tolerating this medicine really well. I have Bipolar Disorder, but I'm taking it for depression and anxiety. I'm currently taking 10mg. I have occasional diarrhea and nightmares (may be the Lamotrigne), but that's it. So far I'm feeling more optimistic, I'm making plans for the future, I want to go out and socialize more often, and feel much more calm. I've tried more antidepressants than I can count and have been taking them since 1991. This is by far the best so far.

March 9, 2015 3:33 PM

Review by daftv4der (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I didn't really notice any improvements, my mood was just as inconsistent and my anxiety just as prevalent, and I experienced many of the symptoms (notably the inability to sleep, and sometimes very strong nausea for an hour or two after taking the tablet, among others). I tried it twice but both times it had the same effect.

March 1, 2015 11:57 PM

Review by Swan2000 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on Zoloft, Cymbalta, Effexor and they all stopped working at one point. My Dr then prescribed Brintellix. The only thing this medicine did for me was kept me hungry. I could be eating a meal and started to think about my next meal. I had a bad case of dry mouth, my eye sight started to deteriorate and I gained 12 pds in 5 months. I am now off Brintellix and on a different medicine.

February 24, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by LoraSue:

For Depression: I am on 5mg and sensitive to these types of meds. The first week was bad with horrible nausea (even vomiting) and I was more irritable, but now on day 9, the nausea is gone and I haven't felt as moody, I am more relaxed. I should wait another week just to see how things might change. Otherwise, worth a try.

February 24, 2015 12:36 AM

Review by Kellewis:

For Depression: I started taking 10mg .. and have been on it for 3 months.. Other than the being sick to my stomach..was the only side effect I had. I then started taking it at night so that I could sleep through it and it worked.. The crying and no motivation, isolating myself.. and just letting the world go by, fits of anger and yelling stopped..( my son was happy with that),,, Sadly I lost my insurance and cannot afford to pay the 300 plus a month for this medicine. And have been off it for 2 weeks now.. I am right back at square one.. With crying, and all that goes along with it... Some days I feel like I just want to give up.

February 21, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by An Average New Yorker:

For Depression: I took 1/2 of a 5MG tablet - 2.5 MG of this sent me into the abyss. I was suicidal for most of the day just barely holding on. The only thing keeping me from calling family for help was knowing it was the medication and not really me. I just had to wait for it to leave my system.

February 12, 2015 7:38 PM

Review by LadyPeony:

For Depression: I have been taking Brintellix for 4 days, at night, with food, and I am having absolutely no side effects. I feel a little little bit lighter/brighter, even though I know these meds usually take a while to kick in. So far so good.

February 8, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by Bobcat919:

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medicine is amazing! I was on Viibryd for 2 years and still suffered, but now I feel "normal" and am interested in life once again. I do have nausea and have trouble falling asleep, but those are tolerable; depression is difficult to tolerate.

February 1, 2015 12:12 PM

Review by -Jess- (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I am bipolar and have major depression issues and have been on tons of meds, to the point where I have felt like a pin cushion for these meds. Either they make me so tired I can't do nothing or they just don't work. I started taking Brintellix 3 months ago and I am on 10 mg a day. Side effects, whether I took it with food or not I would throw up almost every day ugh.....but on the up side it has made me feel like me again, not miserable and naggy looking at everything in a negative way! The nausea is still there sometimes in the morning but I will take it. So I can cope with everyday issues without freaking out and to be somewhat at peace with myself.

January 26, 2015 7:52 PM

Review by nw girl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: The first week I felt good but then nauseous all day...MIGRAINE and lack of sleep. Expensive too.

January 25, 2015 10:15 PM

Review by jame b. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on Brintellix for about 3 weeks now. So far I've noticed increased energy, weight loss, nausea, headaches, loss of sleep, nightmares, and some aggression. I have finally found 1 that works and I'm having all these side effects. I started out on the 10mg and still currently taking the 10mg. Maybe I need to be on a lower dose. I also take Ambien 10mg for sleep.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 9:23 AM

Review by MITX (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: After 1 month on Brintellix I can't wait to get off! I have had constant nausea, mood swings, random itching, and uncontrollable crying that seems to come from nowhere. I did not experience any of these problems on Effexor although it did give me migraines at higher doses.

January 4, 2015 3:13 AM

Review by Drum Weezer:

For Depression: I'm still in the process of acclimating to Brintellix while weaning off of Paxil. However, I must say that my anxiety and depression seems to be much better, and my hunger (caused by Paxil) has reduced. One of the major side effects of Brintellix is nausea. So, instead of starting on a 5 mg dosage. I cut the 5 mg in half and took that for three days since I am very sensitive to medications. Today is my first day on the 5 mg dosage and have not experienced any nausea. The only side effects that I have felt so far is a bit of heartburn/indigestion, mild sleepiness, and mild dizziness, which certainly hasn't kept me from doing my day-to-day routine. People should at least give this medicine a chance.

January 2, 2015 6:55 PM

Review by stoppedhopelessness. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Day 4. I have already noticed changes. Pros: - no desire to cry - clear headed thought process - no mood swings/feel balanced(have not had any mood swings since day 2. I usually had them like 4x within an hr) - no angry outbursts or negative/hurtful comments towards people - decrease in paranoia - no longer feeling personally attacked by others Cons: - trouble sleeping - teensy bit jittery - itchy(not much) - definitely nauseous - trouble passing stool but not constipated - slight lightheadedness/ dizziness This is only day4 going on 5 so i am thinking my brain&body need time to adjust &balance out. So far i feel mentally, so much better. In control,i would say. Only odd thing i noticed was random laughing. But hey I'm not complaining!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 6:10 AM

Review by Gio187:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I was admitted into a clinic & was monitored for 3 weeks. After the 2nd day I started feeling a change & after 4 weeks it's still good. Energy levels are up, thinking positively & coping with society & life again. Only downfall for me is trouble sleeping. Two thumbs up!

December 16, 2014 9:08 PM

Review by j bro:

For Depression: It worked for about a month. 10 mg, then seemed all of a sudden stopped working.

December 16, 2014 8:28 PM

Review by Aprilk83:

For Depression: I've been taking 10mg for 4 days now (today will be day 5) and I'm wondering if I can make it a full week like my doctor wants me to. The side effects have been horrible for me. I've been walking around like a nauseous zombie since day 1. Then there's the dizziness and headache that goes along with it. The only benefit I've experienced so far is weight loss, but that's not at all why I started taking this medication. Instead of the anxiety and depression I would normally feel, I feel no emotions.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2014 7:05 PM

Review by Rozziemarie:

For Depression: Had headaches, constipation, high blood pressure, and night terrors, dizziness.

December 12, 2014 9:51 AM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I had no ill side effects with this medication. But, my doctor gave me samples, and when the samples were gone, my insurance wouldn't pay for the medication. I came off of it even though it worked because of the cost.

December 7, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Tammy L (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I've had the side effects of nausea, diarrhea and low sex drive. Even so, it has helped improve my mood and reduced my anxiety. The side effects have decreased in the past few weeks but at first were bothersome. Largest complaint is the copay! Our cost is $122 after insurance! Outrageous. I probably wont be able to afford it for long. Sad because I finally found something that was working.

November 29, 2014 11:37 AM

Review by Tammy L (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have had great results from this medication for my depression and also my anxiety. I did not experience the "dumbing" down that I have felt with other antidepressants. My focus is good and I've not had memory problems. One side effect I've noticed is lack of motivation / procrastination. It may sound odd but being a full time college student, I've never put things off till the last minute like I have been doing since starting this medicine. Other side effects I've had are gas and bloating, diarrhea, nausea. These have lessened over the past 8 weeks. All in all I'm very pleased with the results. Insurance: I'm not sure how much our co-pay will be for this, as I've been using samples given to me by my physician.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 10:51 AM