Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Lamisil

Learn more about Lamisil.

Tinea Capitis 2 reviews 13 medications

Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 109 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lamisil reviews 40 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Lamisil

Review by fungusbegone:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have taken Lamisil for 7 weeks. I have had loss of taste and am a little more tired. The loss of taste concerns me. I have read some people got it back and some have been off it for months and have not. Even water tastes bad. Nails look better so I am going to stick it out and pray. It's kind of nice not wanting to eat sweets.....but I miss a glass of wine tasting good.....hopefully it will resolve.

September 1, 2014 8:36 PM

Review by Happy camper (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Embarrassed to go barefoot and what not, all ten toes infected with this brown tint. Fed up I decided to do something about it. I heard of Lamisil and did some research on the medicine, was concern about side effect and live damage so I went for the laser treatment on all ten toes. After 5 months no change, toenails look the same, disappointed went back to my Dr and he said Lamisil works best for this infection, so after much thought and tired of my condition I decided to go with the Lamisil, still concerned about side effects and what not. Dr. ordered 1st liver test and came back good so here I go!. Almost 3 months on medicine and I couldn't be happier! Brown tint is almost gone and new nail is growing out & No side effects.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 12:25 AM

Review by SILKYSMOOTH (taken for less than 1 month):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I contacted athletes foot terribly in 1982 while in military basic training. I literally tried every cream on the market with only temporary relief. I went to a podiatrist in 1997 and she prescribed lamisil pills one a day for 12 days. The itching and burning was gone in 3 days but went ahead and finished the remaining doses. This is 5-17-2014 and i've been athlete foot free ever since. This is truly a miracle medicine.

May 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by Mark6564:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: 8 more days to go, so I figure if any bad side effects were going to happen, I would have had them by now. I noticed big toenail started clearing after 10 days on the product. Now, it is over a quarter inch clear from bottom up; the doctor said to give it 9 months from the start of treatment for the nail completely grows out clear. Two other infected nails showing marked improvement. Only the little toenail does not appear to be coming in normal. No side effects to note.

April 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by MFK777:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Just finished my 1st month of Lamisil and have had some side effects but I'm going to try and continue to take it. I'm so ready to be able to wear any shoes I like. I've dealt with this fungus long enough and really want this gone. I already can see a big difference.

March 11, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by Vio (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I was on this medication for 5 months straight with no results. No bad side effects, but it caused very fast weight loss. I lost about 15 lbs without trying so I discontinued treatment in fear of losing too much weight. It slowed the yellowing of my big toenail, but did not help eliminate it. Will have to see the doctor for other treatment.

March 3, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by Nickname already in use (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Dead tornail started falling off after 4 weeks.

February 24, 2014 10:01 PM

Review by toothangel:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been on this medicine exaCTLY A MONTH. My right foot, which was affected is having smooth skin no itching the nail is getting harder and better. I love the fact when foot touches the sheets is not snaggling and is not itching. However I have nausea, upset stomach some headaches, tired and my skin on face is very sensitive slightest scratch it swells ups and red. I have a rash on my upper hard palate that just came on yesterday. I want to finish the course I will have to see. I wish there was a single shot that would take care of this. Why is there such a tedious fungus that has to be eradicated in this fashion?

February 12, 2014 6:13 PM

Review by Uros Lazarevic:

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: I've been suffering from onychomycosis on my fingernails for good 4 years. Sadly, in first 3 years, we tried alternative medications, creams etc. which didn't help. Finally, I went to another doctor and she prescribed me Lamisil after running blood tests. My nails have massively improved since early this year. My fingernail which was 90% covered in dead tissue is now only at about 20%, and it actually makes me feel better about myself because it's got so better I don't have to hide my fingers anymore. Before using Lamisil, I've been using Loceryl for about a few months and even now, whilst using Lamisil, I use Loceryl from time to time. Side effect: loss of appetite in last few weeks. Food isn't as appealing to me anymore.

November 16, 2013 3:59 PM

Review by Gtdriver80:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I'm currently taking this for toe nail fungus, bare in mind my case is relatively minor compared to many I've seen. I had hoped to see some kind of results after a month because mine is just a small area on both big toes only, and read it may take a couple months to see a noticeable difference in major cases. It's been 2 months and NOTHING has improved and the small spot area's haven't budged. Not one tiny bit at all! I have SLE to which makes it riskier to take. I've got one more month left and seriously doubting it will clear me up by then. Luckily I've had no side affects that other's are claiming, just makes my lupus cause more feverish spells.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2013 10:14 PM

Review by Carollyn22 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I took Lamisil for 4 weeks. I am a Registered Nurse and I didn't realize that the medication could affect my taste. This is definitely the worst side effect that I have ever experienced with any medication. The change in taste almost happened overnight. All of a sudden everything tasted like motor oil. I have been off the medication for 7 days and I am unable to eat. I pray that I regain my sense of taste.

October 12, 2013 10:06 PM

Review by Jay62:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: This pill works wonders. It's been a couple of weeks and I can definitely see significant improvement in the overall health of my nails! I would recommend this given that liver functions are normal before taking this.

July 20, 2013 7:29 AM

Review by flyingRyan:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have dealt with athletes foot for at least 18 years. I dealt with the itching, scaling, thick skin, odor, and yes thick, brownish, ingrown toenails. I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of it. I even tried the home remedies like soaking your feet in Apple cider vinegar or using Vicks vapor rub on the nails. If I accomplished anything with any of these "remedies", it was pretty much just to keep the fungus at bay. No better, no worse. So I finally decided to do something about it and try Lamisl tablets. Started in Oct/2012 and finished in Dec/2012. Its now June/2013 and my nails look 10 times better. The thick, brownish color is gone. No ingrown nails. I can wear sandals now!!

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 1:20 PM

Review by Boozilla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have struggled with athletes foot and toe nail fungus since I was a young child. I am 40 years old now and I started a 90 day treatment of Lamisil tablets. My experience was life changing. I didn't have ANY bad side effects. I had GOOD effects of clearing up that nightmare that I suffered from for most of my life. I never wore sandals or walked around barefoot because I was embarrassed. Now my feet look normal. I started seeing results and feeling better within a month. The itching and burning went away. The second month I could see my nails changing color from black to clear. I started taking my pills at the end of October 2012 and finished in the middle of January 2013, it is April now, and my nails are completely clear.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2013 10:51 AM

Review by ksntex:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I've been on Terbinafine for almost a month. I haven't noticed any results yet, but haven't really looked because I didn't think it worked that fast. I've recently developed queasiness at times and lethargy. Which could be from a variety of sources. Not sure. I have not experienced any side effects other than those. I'm hoping I lose my taste for foods. I'm hoping it causes weight loss. My luck, I'll be one that doesn't suffer that. I have no doubt this will work, which is why I gave it the highest score already. I'll report back in a few months.

April 7, 2013 7:31 PM

Review by So far, so good (taken for less than 1 month):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I just started three weeks ago so it's too early to report results, but I wanted to post that the whole taste thing did not happen to me. And there are other meds such as certain antibiotics that mess up my taste, so it's not like I'm immune or not sensitive to it. I'm sure the people that are posting about it do have this issue, but my advice is to not think about the taste issue.

November 8, 2012 10:33 AM

Review by jereshmy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: I am a healthy 25 year old male, I cannot remember my toenails NOT having fungus. I lived through the embarassment seemingly my whole life, but once my thumbnail became infected to the point where it was practically gone, I had to do anything to treat it. Doctor suggested I take Lamisil, I think he said it has like a 50% chance of working. I was very nervous after reading reviews, but it also helps that I never drink alcohol. Took it Dec.'11 until March '12, had one liver panel done (normal result). I believe by April my thumbnail was 100% healthy and now (9/12) my toenails are 99% healthy, thank you. Only side effect I noticed wasn't bad, just my farts/stool smelled metallic. I say give it a shot, you can always stop taking it.

September 7, 2012 4:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Tinea Pedis: I have been using the medicine for the past 8 days and it has shown results so far by controlling the spreading of vesicular tinea pedis.

August 7, 2012 8:07 PM

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I'm 31 yrs old( F) . Been taking Lamisil for 2.5 months and have had no side effects. I can see the difference in my toenails!

April 24, 2012 10:48 PM

Review by texantothebones:

I am 33, and have been suffering with toenail fungus and athlete's feet for over ten years. I have tried everything OTC with no results on the nails and good results on the atrial fibrillation but it always came back. Like many of you I don't go out often with open toed shoes unless I wear socks. I am in my first 30 days of Lamisil and I can already tell a difference in my atrial fibrillation, not quite sure about toenails yet it's too early to tell. So far no side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2011 7:55 AM

For Tinea Pedis: Under direction of my MD I took Lamisil for 7 weeks and my sense of taste disappeared. The past 8 weeks my taste has come and gone. Miserable side effect.

September 27, 2011 11:00 PM

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I took these pills twice. The first time they did not work at all. The second time, I had my toenails removed and took Lamisil for three months and it worked great. I recommend this pill. Just stay away from alcohol so you will not harm your liver or kidneys. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

September 14, 2011 3:35 PM

I took Lamisil for about 6 weeks. My toenails started looking better right away. I could see the new clear nail pretty quick. I started having bad heartburn and stomach pains. Everything starting smelling and tasting the same and terrible. I lost 10 pounds and could barely keep food down for 3 weeks. It has been about 6 weeks since I stopped taking it and I am still having loss of taste and stomach acid problems. Liver tests came out normal. I have never been allergic to a medicine but unfortunately I was in the 1% of people that got the side effects from this medicine.

September 7, 2011 10:33 PM

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been using this medication for roughly 3 weeks now. I haven't lost taste yet but won't be surprised if I do. I am experiencing terrible headaches (all day long), loss of appetite and I am not sleeping (which I have never had a problem with before). Just wondering if anyone else has had these same effects while taking this medication. I am a 33 yr old female and I got an infected toenail while I was pregnant....10 yrs ago. I tried every over the counter medicine invented...only to waste my money. So, I am going to stick it out. I will write back to let you know how it turned out. Thanks!

August 1, 2011 6:30 PM

For Tinea Pedis: works great!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate