User Reviews for Lamisil

Learn more about Lamisil.

Tinea Capitis 2 reviews 13 medications

Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 109 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lamisil reviews 36 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Lamisil

Review by MFK777: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Just finished my 1st month of Lamisil and have had some side effects but I'm going to try and continue to take it. I'm so ready to be able to wear any shoes I like. I've dealt with this fungus long enough and really want this gone. I already can see a big difference.

March 11, 2014 12:02 AM
Review by Vio (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I was on this medication for 5 months straight with no results. No bad side effects, but it caused very fast weight loss. I lost about 15 lbs without trying so I discontinued treatment in fear of losing too much weight. It slowed the yellowing of my big toenail, but did not help eliminate it. Will have to see the doctor for other treatment.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 3, 2014 7:20 PM
Review by Nickname already in use (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Dead tornail started falling off after 4 weeks.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 24, 2014 10:01 PM
Review by toothangel: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been on this medicine exaCTLY A MONTH. My right foot, which was affected is having smooth skin no itching the nail is getting harder and better. I love the fact when foot touches the sheets is not snaggling and is not itching. However I have nausea, upset stomach some headaches, tired and my skin on face is very sensitive slightest scratch it swells ups and red. I have a rash on my upper hard palate that just came on yesterday. I want to finish the course I will have to see. I wish there was a single shot that would take care of this. Why is there such a tedious fungus that has to be eradicated in this fashion?

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2014 6:13 PM
Review by Uros Lazarevic: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: I've been suffering from onychomycosis on my fingernails for good 4 years. Sadly, in first 3 years, we tried alternative medications, creams etc. which didn't help. Finally, I went to another doctor and she prescribed me Lamisil after running blood tests. My nails have massively improved since early this year. My fingernail which was 90% covered in dead tissue is now only at about 20%, and it actually makes me feel better about myself because it's got so better I don't have to hide my fingers anymore. Before using Lamisil, I've been using Loceryl for about a few months and even now, whilst using Lamisil, I use Loceryl from time to time. Side effect: loss of appetite in last few weeks. Food isn't as appealing to me anymore.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 16, 2013 3:59 PM
Review by Gtdriver80: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I'm currently taking this for toe nail fungus, bare in mind my case is relatively minor compared to many I've seen. I had hoped to see some kind of results after a month because mine is just a small area on both big toes only, and read it may take a couple months to see a noticeable difference in major cases. It's been 2 months and NOTHING has improved and the small spot area's haven't budged. Not one tiny bit at all! I have SLE to which makes it riskier to take. I've got one more month left and seriously doubting it will clear me up by then. Luckily I've had no side affects that other's are claiming, just makes my lupus cause more feverish spells.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2013 10:14 PM
Review by Carollyn22 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I took Lamisil for 4 weeks. I am a Registered Nurse and I didn't realize that the medication could affect my taste. This is definitely the worst side effect that I have ever experienced with any medication. The change in taste almost happened overnight. All of a sudden everything tasted like motor oil. I have been off the medication for 7 days and I am unable to eat. I pray that I regain my sense of taste.

October 12, 2013 10:06 PM
Review by Jay62: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: This pill works wonders. It's been a couple of weeks and I can definitely see significant improvement in the overall health of my nails! I would recommend this given that liver functions are normal before taking this.

July 20, 2013 7:29 AM
Review by flyingRyan: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have dealt with athletes foot for at least 18 years. I dealt with the itching, scaling, thick skin, odor, and yes thick, brownish, ingrown toenails. I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of it. I even tried the home remedies like soaking your feet in Apple cider vinegar or using Vicks vapor rub on the nails. If I accomplished anything with any of these "remedies", it was pretty much just to keep the fungus at bay. No better, no worse. So I finally decided to do something about it and try Lamisl tablets. Started in Oct/2012 and finished in Dec/2012. Its now June/2013 and my nails look 10 times better. The thick, brownish color is gone. No ingrown nails. I can wear sandals now!!

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 17, 2013 1:20 PM
Review by Boozilla (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have struggled with athletes foot and toe nail fungus since I was a young child. I am 40 years old now and I started a 90 day treatment of Lamisil tablets. My experience was life changing. I didn't have ANY bad side effects. I had GOOD effects of clearing up that nightmare that I suffered from for most of my life. I never wore sandals or walked around barefoot because I was embarrassed. Now my feet look normal. I started seeing results and feeling better within a month. The itching and burning went away. The second month I could see my nails changing color from black to clear. I started taking my pills at the end of October 2012 and finished in the middle of January 2013, it is April now, and my nails are completely clear.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 24, 2013 10:51 AM
Review by ksntex: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I've been on Terbinafine for almost a month. I haven't noticed any results yet, but haven't really looked because I didn't think it worked that fast. I've recently developed queasiness at times and lethargy. Which could be from a variety of sources. Not sure. I have not experienced any side effects other than those. I'm hoping I lose my taste for foods. I'm hoping it causes weight loss. My luck, I'll be one that doesn't suffer that. I have no doubt this will work, which is why I gave it the highest score already. I'll report back in a few months.

April 7, 2013 7:31 PM
Review by So far, so good (taken for less than 1 month):

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I just started three weeks ago so it's too early to report results, but I wanted to post that the whole taste thing did not happen to me. And there are other meds such as certain antibiotics that mess up my taste, so it's not like I'm immune or not sensitive to it. I'm sure the people that are posting about it do have this issue, but my advice is to not think about the taste issue.

November 8, 2012 10:33 AM
Review by jereshmy (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: I am a healthy 25 year old male, I cannot remember my toenails NOT having fungus. I lived through the embarassment seemingly my whole life, but once my thumbnail became infected to the point where it was practically gone, I had to do anything to treat it. Doctor suggested I take Lamisil, I think he said it has like a 50% chance of working. I was very nervous after reading reviews, but it also helps that I never drink alcohol. Took it Dec.'11 until March '12, had one liver panel done (normal result). I believe by April my thumbnail was 100% healthy and now (9/12) my toenails are 99% healthy, thank you. Only side effect I noticed wasn't bad, just my farts/stool smelled metallic. I say give it a shot, you can always stop taking it.

September 7, 2012 4:17 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Tinea Pedis: I have been using the medicine for the past 8 days and it has shown results so far by controlling the spreading of vesicular tinea pedis.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 7, 2012 8:07 PM

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I'm 31 yrs old( F) . Been taking Lamisil for 2.5 months and have had no side effects. I can see the difference in my toenails!

April 24, 2012 10:48 PM
Review by texantothebones: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine): I am 33, and have been suffering with toenail fungus and athlete's feet for over ten years. I have tried everything OTC with no results on the nails and good results on the atrial fibrillation but it always came back. Like many of you I don't go out often with open toed shoes unless I wear socks. I am in my first 30 days of Lamisil and I can already tell a difference in my atrial fibrillation, not quite sure about toenails yet it's too early to tell. So far no side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2011 7:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Tinea Pedis: Under direction of my MD I took Lamisil for 7 weeks and my sense of taste disappeared. The past 8 weeks my taste has come and gone. Miserable side effect.

September 27, 2011 11:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I took these pills twice. The first time they did not work at all. The second time, I had my toenails removed and took Lamisil for three months and it worked great. I recommend this pill. Just stay away from alcohol so you will not harm your liver or kidneys. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

September 14, 2011 3:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine): I took Lamisil for about 6 weeks. My toenails started looking better right away. I could see the new clear nail pretty quick. I started having bad heartburn and stomach pains. Everything starting smelling and tasting the same and terrible. I lost 10 pounds and could barely keep food down for 3 weeks. It has been about 6 weeks since I stopped taking it and I am still having loss of taste and stomach acid problems. Liver tests came out normal. I have never been allergic to a medicine but unfortunately I was in the 1% of people that got the side effects from this medicine.

September 7, 2011 10:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been using this medication for roughly 3 weeks now. I haven't lost taste yet but won't be surprised if I do. I am experiencing terrible headaches (all day long), loss of appetite and I am not sleeping (which I have never had a problem with before). Just wondering if anyone else has had these same effects while taking this medication. I am a 33 yr old female and I got an infected toenail while I was pregnant....10 yrs ago. I tried every over the counter medicine invented...only to waste my money. So, I am going to stick it out. I will write back to let you know how it turned out. Thanks!

August 1, 2011 6:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Tinea Pedis: works great!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 29, 2011 5:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I found terbinafine to be much more effective than the very expensive medications I had previously tried, and it was MUCH cheaper. The fungus was not completely gone by the end of the 3 months, but it continued to work, and now my toenails are beautifully clear. I would recommend it to anyone with the fungus on toenails.

April 27, 2011 1:51 PM
Review by Toenail Fun Guy: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I can tolerate most medicine side effects, but after 2-3 weeks, EVERYTHING had no taste or tasted metallic. I stopped after 5 weeks; I needed to eat. Taste came back fairly fast. I tried to stick it out but couldn't. The weird/loss of taste was too much.

February 24, 2011 11:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I am a 31 year old female that has had toenail fungus for over 10 years. My big and little toe on the same foot. I went to the doctor about 2 months ago after my big toe became very painful, (it was throbbing like a toothache) as embarrassed as I was, something had to be done! He prescribed me the Lamisil. Side Effects ~ I had loss of appetite that sadly only lasted a week. Twice I had a little stomach cramping and the first week or so was a little bit more tired than usual, but have had no side effects since. I'm on my 38th day. I am extremely happy to say that I see beautiful nail now growing! They won't be perfect until my nail grows completely out, which could take 6 months, but its working!

May 14, 2010 3:10 PM
Review by LOrina: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Tinea Pedis: It took 3 weeks after I saw the improvements of my feet. I've been suffering from this every time my feet gets wet especially on rainy days but after I have Lamisil, tinea pedis doesn't exist anymore!. Thank you Lamisil!

January 28, 2010 3:38 AM