User Reviews for Lamisil

Learn more about Lamisil.

Tinea Capitis 2 reviews 13 medications

Tinea Pedis 4 reviews 124 medications

Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 110 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lamisil reviews 54 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lamisil

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "The doctor put me on Lamisil back March, I had to see another doctor about a different problem, he looked at my feet and told me to stop taking Lamisil (a big mistake), he felt that the medication had cleared up my foot problem. He put me on a cream foot infection that did not work to improve the infection, when He realized that the cream wasn't working. The doctor told me to see an dermatologist which I did, and he did not help, more creams that did not stop the infection. So now, I'm back on Lamisil, my first time on it was one month, and the foot infection was worse back in March, I do hope that it will clear up the foot infection completely this time. Also, I'm seeing a PA , not a MD."

1951/11 August 25, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Took it religiously for a year. Had toenail fungus on all ten toes for probably the last 10 years. It took awhile for the nail to grow out, but I kept them clean and dry and scrubbed daily in the shower. My feet have not looked this good in 10 years. It's a slow recovery but it works"

Stephen LA August 13, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Works great been on it 2 1/2 months my toenails are not yellow anymore only the ends are a little bit. Had toenail fungus for 15 years they where thick and yellow had to file them a lot. Tryed everything to try to make it go away. I am on the generic brand of lamsil. Side effects just watery poop for two weeks nothing more. My feet are not dry anymore there soft. I can wear sandals now without wearing fake toenails or finger nail polish. When on this file the nail down to get the fungus and keep doing it use a different file each time don't wear socks to long keep your feet clean."

sugerplum31 August 5, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail "i had my fungus infection for about 5 years, too long. i finally decided to go to the doctors and get something to get rid of the nasty stuff (i had it on almost and my nail both feet and hands) the doctor told me it was gonna take about 6 months to have nice healthy nails. so to make it short, i notice my healthy nails growing out in 3 weeks. PLEASE dont spend your money on over the counter stuff lotions, soaps, etc. take the pill in works very very well. its been about 4 years now and have been fungus free."

jay cal (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I have been taking Lamisil for about 2 months. I have had toenail fungus for about 4 years. The fungus has been very slow growing. Which is why I think that I haven't seen any physical change yet. The fungus is on 4 of my 10 toes. I think that it is spreading to the other ones. I am hoping that I will see some change in the next months. I have heard it takes longer for the worse cases to heal. Oh, and I have had no side effects besides after I take it the first time after a break (I am on pulse dosage) I have a little upset stomach. Nothing too bad though."

Freebird99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I have been on the generic of lamisil (terbinafine) for 3 months and have about a week left. My toenails (4 severely affected, the rest just with a slight yellow tint) appear to be growing in clear. I declined this medication for years because I had read about possible bad side effects. I have had zero side effects with this medication and am kicking myself for putting up with years of embarrassment. I would definitely recommend it. The only bummer was not being able to drink for 3 months, but it appears to be worth it!"

L.Lisie April 6, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Got athlete's foot in a college shower back in 1992. It spread to my toenails shortly after, and I tried everything to get rid of it or hide it. It only affected my left foot, but my big toe was horrible. It was three times thicker than normal and really nasty. My best way of covering it up was duct tape claiming I banged it on something. I have taken Lamisil for a little over 30 days and the nails are all clearing up and the big toe looks amazing. I have dealt with this issue for over 20 years and am thrilled that it will no longer be an embarrassment. I would have given it a '10', but a bout of insomnia mixed with some really strange dreams took a point away."

THEE Chap (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I have had this infection of the toenails for about 12 years. Ugh! so embarrassed to ask the doctor I have gone through the misery of not ever wearing sandals or open toed high heels. I work in an office environment and would love to wear sandals with some of my outfits. I recently went to the dr and I finally told her that I have toenail fungus and she easily wrote me a prescription for Lamisil. I started taking it about a week now and have not seen any changes but I will definately give it time and check in and give my review again in the next few weeks!"

Just Beginning Treatment (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I used Lamisil for 3 months and it cleared up my big toe perfectly...........Now my other foot has it on its big toe so Yes You betcha I am going on another 3 month dose. It really works."

Sweetdee33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Taking the generic brand of Lamisil All 10 toes infected with toenail fungus more than 8yrs . Some extremely thick others discolored and some even cracked 1st month discoloration was the first thing to Clear up also any athletes foot cleared up immediately 2nd month The thickness in nails has started to disappear 3rd month have noticed the bottom half of the nails have come in clear on a few of the nails Note dr. recommended after showering to clean out the bottom of the toenails then let them dry fully then file them down slightly this has really improved the look of my toenails My insurance covered the cost of the generic brand which is less than five dollars a month"

Venus 48 March 7, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Update from last year when I started treatment in February. Little toes on both feet clear , the bigger toes on both feet 70% clear and let my say I'm very satisfied with the results so far , from a worst condition to a moderate one is big for me, thank you so much for restoring a quality of life back to me."

Happy camper (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I started taking the generic of Lamisil several weeks ago for the awful fungus on all of my toes. I had previously taken this drug years ago with no side effects, however this time after two weeks I had stomach cramps and everything tasted weird. I continued to take it minimal symptoms until I had two pills left. I started having stomach pain again and a terrible backache. I went to the doctor and had blood tested again and kidney and liver tested o.k. I was diagnosed with a UTI and told to discontinue the terbinafine. I took an antibiotic (ciprofloxacn) but didn't feel any better. Now taking Amoxicillin, however my back still aches constantly. I am a 65 year old female."

Fungusamungus (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I have had this condition for YEARS. With no progress using any other meds. LAMISIL cleared it up COMPLETELY in 2 months. The doctor warned that it could take up to 6 months to a year to see any results but thankfully it was way less time then predicted."

jennoriah January 11, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I started in July, it's been 3 months. I have had the foot issue for years, so I suspect it will take some time to heal. I do see proper coloring showing up at the bottom of the nail, so I am hopeful. The new clear part looks good. It's too bad that it is probably going to take a year for the entire nail to show up correctly. I have had no side effects, and if I had a loss of appetite or taste, I would be incredibly happy that the medicine would solve two problems at once. Cost-wise, I think that the entire bottle will last the full time."

Punkie44 November 8, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I have taken Lamisil for 7 weeks. I have had loss of taste and am a little more tired. The loss of taste concerns me. I have read some people got it back and some have been off it for months and have not. Even water tastes bad. Nails look better so I am going to stick it out and pray. It's kind of nice not wanting to eat sweets.....but I miss a glass of wine tasting good.....hopefully it will resolve."

fungusbegone September 1, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Embarrassed to go barefoot and what not, all ten toes infected with this brown tint. Fed up I decided to do something about it. I heard of Lamisil and did some research on the medicine, was concern about side effect and live damage so I went for the laser treatment on all ten toes. After 5 months no change, toenails look the same, disappointed went back to my Dr and he said Lamisil works best for this infection, so after much thought and tired of my condition I decided to go with the Lamisil, still concerned about side effects and what not. Dr. ordered 1st liver test and came back good so here I go!. Almost 3 months on medicine and I couldn't be happier! Brown tint is almost gone and new nail is growing out & No side effects."

Happy camper (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2014

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I contacted athletes foot terribly in 1982 while in military basic training. I literally tried every cream on the market with only temporary relief. I went to a podiatrist in 1997 and she prescribed lamisil pills one a day for 12 days. The itching and burning was gone in 3 days but went ahead and finished the remaining doses. This is 5-17-2014 and i've been athlete foot free ever since. This is truly a miracle medicine."

SILKYSMOOTH (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "8 more days to go, so I figure if any bad side effects were going to happen, I would have had them by now. I noticed big toenail started clearing after 10 days on the product. Now, it is over a quarter inch clear from bottom up; the doctor said to give it 9 months from the start of treatment for the nail completely grows out clear. Two other infected nails showing marked improvement. Only the little toenail does not appear to be coming in normal. No side effects to note."

Mark6564 April 21, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Just finished my 1st month of Lamisil and have had some side effects but I'm going to try and continue to take it. I'm so ready to be able to wear any shoes I like. I've dealt with this fungus long enough and really want this gone. I already can see a big difference."

MFK777 March 11, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I was on this medication for 5 months straight with no results. No bad side effects, but it caused very fast weight loss. I lost about 15 lbs without trying so I discontinued treatment in fear of losing too much weight. It slowed the yellowing of my big toenail, but did not help eliminate it. Will have to see the doctor for other treatment."

Vio (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Dead tornail started falling off after 4 weeks. "

Nickname already in use (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I have been on this medicine exaCTLY A MONTH. My right foot, which was affected is having smooth skin no itching the nail is getting harder and better. I love the fact when foot touches the sheets is not snaggling and is not itching. However I have nausea, upset stomach some headaches, tired and my skin on face is very sensitive slightest scratch it swells ups and red. I have a rash on my upper hard palate that just came on yesterday. I want to finish the course I will have to see. I wish there was a single shot that would take care of this. Why is there such a tedious fungus that has to be eradicated in this fashion? "

toothangel February 12, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail "I've been suffering from onychomycosis on my fingernails for good 4 years. Sadly, in first 3 years, we tried alternative medications, creams etc. which didn't help. Finally, I went to another doctor and she prescribed me Lamisil after running blood tests. My nails have massively improved since early this year. My fingernail which was 90% covered in dead tissue is now only at about 20%, and it actually makes me feel better about myself because it's got so better I don't have to hide my fingers anymore. Before using Lamisil, I've been using Loceryl for about a few months and even now, whilst using Lamisil, I use Loceryl from time to time. Side effect: loss of appetite in last few weeks. Food isn't as appealing to me anymore."

Uros Lazarevic November 16, 2013

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I'm currently taking this for toe nail fungus, bare in mind my case is relatively minor compared to many I've seen. I had hoped to see some kind of results after a month because mine is just a small area on both big toes only, and read it may take a couple months to see a noticeable difference in major cases. It's been 2 months and NOTHING has improved and the small spot area's haven't budged. Not one tiny bit at all! I have SLE to which makes it riskier to take. I've got one more month left and seriously doubting it will clear me up by then. Luckily I've had no side affects that other's are claiming, just makes my lupus cause more feverish spells."

Gtdriver80 November 7, 2013

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "I took Lamisil for 4 weeks. I am a Registered Nurse and I didn't realize that the medication could affect my taste. This is definitely the worst side effect that I have ever experienced with any medication. The change in taste almost happened overnight. All of a sudden everything tasted like motor oil. I have been off the medication for 7 days and I am unable to eat. I pray that I regain my sense of taste. "

Carollyn22 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2013