User Reviews for Lamisil

Learn more about Lamisil.

Lamisil review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Onychomycosis, Toenail.

Reviews for Lamisil to treat Onychomycosis, Toenail

Review by MFK777: User Rating:

Just finished my 1st month of Lamisil and have had some side effects but I'm going to try and continue to take it. I'm so ready to be able to wear any shoes I like. I've dealt with this fungus long enough and really want this gone. I already can see a big difference.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2014 12:02 AM
Review by Vio (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I was on this medication for 5 months straight with no results. No bad side effects, but it caused very fast weight loss. I lost about 15 lbs without trying so I discontinued treatment in fear of losing too much weight. It slowed the yellowing of my big toenail, but did not help eliminate it. Will have to see the doctor for other treatment.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 3, 2014 7:20 PM
Review by Nickname already in use (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Dead tornail started falling off after 4 weeks.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 24, 2014 10:01 PM
Review by toothangel: User Rating:

I have been on this medicine exaCTLY A MONTH. My right foot, which was affected is having smooth skin no itching the nail is getting harder and better. I love the fact when foot touches the sheets is not snaggling and is not itching. However I have nausea, upset stomach some headaches, tired and my skin on face is very sensitive slightest scratch it swells ups and red. I have a rash on my upper hard palate that just came on yesterday. I want to finish the course I will have to see. I wish there was a single shot that would take care of this. Why is there such a tedious fungus that has to be eradicated in this fashion?

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2014 6:13 PM
Review by Gtdriver80: User Rating:

I'm currently taking this for toe nail fungus, bare in mind my case is relatively minor compared to many I've seen. I had hoped to see some kind of results after a month because mine is just a small area on both big toes only, and read it may take a couple months to see a noticeable difference in major cases. It's been 2 months and NOTHING has improved and the small spot area's haven't budged. Not one tiny bit at all! I have SLE to which makes it riskier to take. I've got one more month left and seriously doubting it will clear me up by then. Luckily I've had no side affects that other's are claiming, just makes my lupus cause more feverish spells.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2013 10:14 PM
Review by Carollyn22 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I took Lamisil for 4 weeks. I am a Registered Nurse and I didn't realize that the medication could affect my taste. This is definitely the worst side effect that I have ever experienced with any medication. The change in taste almost happened overnight. All of a sudden everything tasted like motor oil. I have been off the medication for 7 days and I am unable to eat. I pray that I regain my sense of taste.

October 12, 2013 10:06 PM
Review by Jay62: User Rating:

This pill works wonders. It's been a couple of weeks and I can definitely see significant improvement in the overall health of my nails! I would recommend this given that liver functions are normal before taking this.

July 20, 2013 7:29 AM
Review by flyingRyan: User Rating:

I have dealt with athletes foot for at least 18 years. I dealt with the itching, scaling, thick skin, odor, and yes thick, brownish, ingrown toenails. I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of it. I even tried the home remedies like soaking your feet in Apple cider vinegar or using Vicks vapor rub on the nails. If I accomplished anything with any of these "remedies", it was pretty much just to keep the fungus at bay. No better, no worse. So I finally decided to do something about it and try Lamisl tablets. Started in Oct/2012 and finished in Dec/2012. Its now June/2013 and my nails look 10 times better. The thick, brownish color is gone. No ingrown nails. I can wear sandals now!!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 17, 2013 1:20 PM
Review by Boozilla (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have struggled with athletes foot and toe nail fungus since I was a young child. I am 40 years old now and I started a 90 day treatment of Lamisil tablets. My experience was life changing. I didn't have ANY bad side effects. I had GOOD effects of clearing up that nightmare that I suffered from for most of my life. I never wore sandals or walked around barefoot because I was embarrassed. Now my feet look normal. I started seeing results and feeling better within a month. The itching and burning went away. The second month I could see my nails changing color from black to clear. I started taking my pills at the end of October 2012 and finished in the middle of January 2013, it is April now, and my nails are completely clear.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 24, 2013 10:51 AM
Review by ksntex: User Rating:

I've been on Terbinafine for almost a month. I haven't noticed any results yet, but haven't really looked because I didn't think it worked that fast. I've recently developed queasiness at times and lethargy. Which could be from a variety of sources. Not sure. I have not experienced any side effects other than those. I'm hoping I lose my taste for foods. I'm hoping it causes weight loss. My luck, I'll be one that doesn't suffer that. I have no doubt this will work, which is why I gave it the highest score already. I'll report back in a few months.

April 7, 2013 7:31 PM
Review by So far, so good (taken for less than 1 month):

I just started three weeks ago so it's too early to report results, but I wanted to post that the whole taste thing did not happen to me. And there are other meds such as certain antibiotics that mess up my taste, so it's not like I'm immune or not sensitive to it. I'm sure the people that are posting about it do have this issue, but my advice is to not think about the taste issue.

November 8, 2012 10:33 AM

I'm 31 yrs old( F) . Been taking Lamisil for 2.5 months and have had no side effects. I can see the difference in my toenails!

April 24, 2012 10:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I took these pills twice. The first time they did not work at all. The second time, I had my toenails removed and took Lamisil for three months and it worked great. I recommend this pill. Just stay away from alcohol so you will not harm your liver or kidneys. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

September 14, 2011 3:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been using this medication for roughly 3 weeks now. I haven't lost taste yet but won't be surprised if I do. I am experiencing terrible headaches (all day long), loss of appetite and I am not sleeping (which I have never had a problem with before). Just wondering if anyone else has had these same effects while taking this medication. I am a 33 yr old female and I got an infected toenail while I was pregnant....10 yrs ago. I tried every over the counter medicine invented...only to waste my money. So, I am going to stick it out. I will write back to let you know how it turned out. Thanks!

August 1, 2011 6:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I found terbinafine to be much more effective than the very expensive medications I had previously tried, and it was MUCH cheaper. The fungus was not completely gone by the end of the 3 months, but it continued to work, and now my toenails are beautifully clear. I would recommend it to anyone with the fungus on toenails.

April 27, 2011 1:51 PM
Review by Toenail Fun Guy: User Rating:

I can tolerate most medicine side effects, but after 2-3 weeks, EVERYTHING had no taste or tasted metallic. I stopped after 5 weeks; I needed to eat. Taste came back fairly fast. I tried to stick it out but couldn't. The weird/loss of taste was too much.

February 24, 2011 11:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am a 31 year old female that has had toenail fungus for over 10 years. My big and little toe on the same foot. I went to the doctor about 2 months ago after my big toe became very painful, (it was throbbing like a toothache) as embarrassed as I was, something had to be done! He prescribed me the Lamisil. Side Effects ~ I had loss of appetite that sadly only lasted a week. Twice I had a little stomach cramping and the first week or so was a little bit more tired than usual, but have had no side effects since. I'm on my 38th day. I am extremely happy to say that I see beautiful nail now growing! They won't be perfect until my nail grows completely out, which could take 6 months, but its working!

May 14, 2010 3:10 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

About five days after I took this medication, I my face slightly swelled. The other side effects to me include mild headache, low abdomen cramp, frequent urinating. The blood draw test does not show abnormal results in kidney and liver functions.

January 4, 2010 7:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Been using for 5 months, my doctor advises one more month of use. Had fungus on 2 nails and my big toenail that was 80% infected has improved to about 15% remaining. Improvement in nails was very slow for the first 3-4 months and with this month you can see the improvement everyday. Thankfully, no side effects other than stomach cramps for the first few days. Monthly blood draws to check liver enzymes are normal.

October 17, 2009 11:44 PM
Review by sdfitgirl: User Rating:

I've used Lamisil for 3 months now and I haven't seen ANY change at all. On the contrary, now I have it in another toenail. I'm very disappointed, after taking it for so long and spending so much money. I didn't have side effects, just a few that were not so bad.

October 2, 2009 5:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

For years I missed out on so much, I was always ashamed to wear sandals or any type of shoes that showed my toes. As a girl I found my self looking at everyone else's cute shoes wishing I could wear them. It took about 8 months then my toenails were perfect! It truly was a miracle drug! I would recommend it to anyone who has any kind of toenail fungus. I now wear any kind of shoe I want and don't even think about that nasty problem. My only regret was not doing it any sooner.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 2, 2009 10:29 PM

You won't be sorry.

July 10, 2009 9:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I'm 2 weeks from completing my 3 month treatment and have had absolutely no problems or side effects. I was very skeptical about Lamisil before starting because of all the negative reviews that saturate the internet. My nails are improving and even though the bad nails are far from grown out I can tell a visible difference in nail color, texture and the health of my nail bed. I tease and say that it's a miracle drug, since starting Lamisil I've lost 13 pounds and I swear the medication has even helped with my allergies. I am a long time allergy sufferer and I have not had even the slightest onset of a drippy nose or watery eye this spring. I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with this product.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 20, 2009 3:41 PM
Review by bootsonthground: User Rating:

Used it for almost 3 months. Developed muscle pain and doctor pulled me off. Other than that toes look great after just three months. I spent 35 years treating it myself with no significant results. By summer the wife wants me to wear sandals, something I haven't done since I was 17. Big toes are about 75% back others are about 90%. Looking forward to barefoot beach walks.

March 12, 2009 6:41 PM
Review by Tobysmom1111: User Rating:

My physician prescribed Lamisil for me in October 2007. I took it for three months and had 2 liver panels done during that time. I was dizzy and mildly nauseated the first few days and had diarreah. It has taken 10 months for the new nails to grow out but I can bare my toes once again! It also CURES athlete's feet. Now my feet are baby smooth and free of dryness and cracks. I would highly recommend this product. Don't wait! This is the best my feet have looked in years. Trust me, IT WORKS! :)

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 5, 2008 4:00 PM