Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Lamisil

Learn more about Lamisil.

Lamisil review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Onychomycosis, Toenail.

Reviews for Lamisil to treat Onychomycosis, Toenail

Review by L.Lisie:

I have been on the generic of lamisil (terbinafine) for 3 months and have about a week left. My toenails (4 severely affected, the rest just with a slight yellow tint) appear to be growing in clear. I declined this medication for years because I had read about possible bad side effects. I have had zero side effects with this medication and am kicking myself for putting up with years of embarrassment. I would definitely recommend it. The only bummer was not being able to drink for 3 months, but it appears to be worth it!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2015 10:31 AM

Review by THEE Chap (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Got athlete's foot in a college shower back in 1992. It spread to my toenails shortly after, and I tried everything to get rid of it or hide it. It only affected my left foot, but my big toe was horrible. It was three times thicker than normal and really nasty. My best way of covering it up was duct tape claiming I banged it on something. I have taken Lamisil for a little over 30 days and the nails are all clearing up and the big toe looks amazing. I have dealt with this issue for over 20 years and am thrilled that it will no longer be an embarrassment. I would have given it a '10', but a bout of insomnia mixed with some really strange dreams took a point away.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2015 11:30 PM

Review by Just Beginning Treatment (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had this infection of the toenails for about 12 years. Ugh! so embarrassed to ask the doctor I have gone through the misery of not ever wearing sandals or open toed high heels. I work in an office environment and would love to wear sandals with some of my outfits. I recently went to the dr and I finally told her that I have toenail fungus and she easily wrote me a prescription for Lamisil. I started taking it about a week now and have not seen any changes but I will definately give it time and check in and give my review again in the next few weeks!

March 18, 2015 2:57 PM

Review by Sweetdee33 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I used Lamisil for 3 months and it cleared up my big toe perfectly...........Now my other foot has it on its big toe so Yes You betcha I am going on another 3 month dose. It really works.

March 10, 2015 10:05 PM

Review by Happy camper (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Update from last year when I started treatment in February. Little toes on both feet clear , the bigger toes on both feet 70% clear and let my say I'm very satisfied with the results so far , from a worst condition to a moderate one is big for me, thank you so much for restoring a quality of life back to me.

February 23, 2015 4:59 PM

Review by Fungusamungus (taken for less than 1 month):

I started taking the generic of Lamisil several weeks ago for the awful fungus on all of my toes. I had previously taken this drug years ago with no side effects, however this time after two weeks I had stomach cramps and everything tasted weird. I continued to take it minimal symptoms until I had two pills left. I started having stomach pain again and a terrible backache. I went to the doctor and had blood tested again and kidney and liver tested o.k. I was diagnosed with a UTI and told to discontinue the terbinafine. I took an antibiotic (ciprofloxacn) but didn't feel any better. Now taking Amoxicillin, however my back still aches constantly. I am a 65 year old female.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 1:19 PM

Review by jennoriah:

I have had this condition for YEARS. With no progress using any other meds. LAMISIL cleared it up COMPLETELY in 2 months. The doctor warned that it could take up to 6 months to a year to see any results but thankfully it was way less time then predicted.

January 11, 2015 12:23 PM

Review by Punkie44:

I started in July, it's been 3 months. I have had the foot issue for years, so I suspect it will take some time to heal. I do see proper coloring showing up at the bottom of the nail, so I am hopeful. The new clear part looks good. It's too bad that it is probably going to take a year for the entire nail to show up correctly. I have had no side effects, and if I had a loss of appetite or taste, I would be incredibly happy that the medicine would solve two problems at once. Cost-wise, I think that the entire bottle will last the full time.

November 8, 2014 12:15 PM

Review by fungusbegone:

I have taken Lamisil for 7 weeks. I have had loss of taste and am a little more tired. The loss of taste concerns me. I have read some people got it back and some have been off it for months and have not. Even water tastes bad. Nails look better so I am going to stick it out and pray. It's kind of nice not wanting to eat sweets.....but I miss a glass of wine tasting good.....hopefully it will resolve.

September 1, 2014 8:36 PM

Review by Happy camper (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Embarrassed to go barefoot and what not, all ten toes infected with this brown tint. Fed up I decided to do something about it. I heard of Lamisil and did some research on the medicine, was concern about side effect and live damage so I went for the laser treatment on all ten toes. After 5 months no change, toenails look the same, disappointed went back to my Dr and he said Lamisil works best for this infection, so after much thought and tired of my condition I decided to go with the Lamisil, still concerned about side effects and what not. Dr. ordered 1st liver test and came back good so here I go!. Almost 3 months on medicine and I couldn't be happier! Brown tint is almost gone and new nail is growing out & No side effects.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 12:25 AM

Review by SILKYSMOOTH (taken for less than 1 month):

I contacted athletes foot terribly in 1982 while in military basic training. I literally tried every cream on the market with only temporary relief. I went to a podiatrist in 1997 and she prescribed lamisil pills one a day for 12 days. The itching and burning was gone in 3 days but went ahead and finished the remaining doses. This is 5-17-2014 and i've been athlete foot free ever since. This is truly a miracle medicine.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by Mark6564:

8 more days to go, so I figure if any bad side effects were going to happen, I would have had them by now. I noticed big toenail started clearing after 10 days on the product. Now, it is over a quarter inch clear from bottom up; the doctor said to give it 9 months from the start of treatment for the nail completely grows out clear. Two other infected nails showing marked improvement. Only the little toenail does not appear to be coming in normal. No side effects to note.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by MFK777:

Just finished my 1st month of Lamisil and have had some side effects but I'm going to try and continue to take it. I'm so ready to be able to wear any shoes I like. I've dealt with this fungus long enough and really want this gone. I already can see a big difference.

March 11, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by Vio (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was on this medication for 5 months straight with no results. No bad side effects, but it caused very fast weight loss. I lost about 15 lbs without trying so I discontinued treatment in fear of losing too much weight. It slowed the yellowing of my big toenail, but did not help eliminate it. Will have to see the doctor for other treatment.

March 3, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by Nickname already in use (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Dead tornail started falling off after 4 weeks.

February 24, 2014 10:01 PM

Review by toothangel:

I have been on this medicine exaCTLY A MONTH. My right foot, which was affected is having smooth skin no itching the nail is getting harder and better. I love the fact when foot touches the sheets is not snaggling and is not itching. However I have nausea, upset stomach some headaches, tired and my skin on face is very sensitive slightest scratch it swells ups and red. I have a rash on my upper hard palate that just came on yesterday. I want to finish the course I will have to see. I wish there was a single shot that would take care of this. Why is there such a tedious fungus that has to be eradicated in this fashion?

February 12, 2014 6:13 PM

Review by Gtdriver80:

I'm currently taking this for toe nail fungus, bare in mind my case is relatively minor compared to many I've seen. I had hoped to see some kind of results after a month because mine is just a small area on both big toes only, and read it may take a couple months to see a noticeable difference in major cases. It's been 2 months and NOTHING has improved and the small spot area's haven't budged. Not one tiny bit at all! I have SLE to which makes it riskier to take. I've got one more month left and seriously doubting it will clear me up by then. Luckily I've had no side affects that other's are claiming, just makes my lupus cause more feverish spells.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2013 10:14 PM

Review by Carollyn22 (taken for less than 1 month):

I took Lamisil for 4 weeks. I am a Registered Nurse and I didn't realize that the medication could affect my taste. This is definitely the worst side effect that I have ever experienced with any medication. The change in taste almost happened overnight. All of a sudden everything tasted like motor oil. I have been off the medication for 7 days and I am unable to eat. I pray that I regain my sense of taste.

October 12, 2013 10:06 PM

Review by Jay62:

This pill works wonders. It's been a couple of weeks and I can definitely see significant improvement in the overall health of my nails! I would recommend this given that liver functions are normal before taking this.

July 20, 2013 7:29 AM

Review by flyingRyan:

I have dealt with athletes foot for at least 18 years. I dealt with the itching, scaling, thick skin, odor, and yes thick, brownish, ingrown toenails. I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of it. I even tried the home remedies like soaking your feet in Apple cider vinegar or using Vicks vapor rub on the nails. If I accomplished anything with any of these "remedies", it was pretty much just to keep the fungus at bay. No better, no worse. So I finally decided to do something about it and try Lamisl tablets. Started in Oct/2012 and finished in Dec/2012. Its now June/2013 and my nails look 10 times better. The thick, brownish color is gone. No ingrown nails. I can wear sandals now!!

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 1:20 PM

Review by Boozilla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have struggled with athletes foot and toe nail fungus since I was a young child. I am 40 years old now and I started a 90 day treatment of Lamisil tablets. My experience was life changing. I didn't have ANY bad side effects. I had GOOD effects of clearing up that nightmare that I suffered from for most of my life. I never wore sandals or walked around barefoot because I was embarrassed. Now my feet look normal. I started seeing results and feeling better within a month. The itching and burning went away. The second month I could see my nails changing color from black to clear. I started taking my pills at the end of October 2012 and finished in the middle of January 2013, it is April now, and my nails are completely clear.

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2013 10:51 AM

Review by ksntex:

I've been on Terbinafine for almost a month. I haven't noticed any results yet, but haven't really looked because I didn't think it worked that fast. I've recently developed queasiness at times and lethargy. Which could be from a variety of sources. Not sure. I have not experienced any side effects other than those. I'm hoping I lose my taste for foods. I'm hoping it causes weight loss. My luck, I'll be one that doesn't suffer that. I have no doubt this will work, which is why I gave it the highest score already. I'll report back in a few months.

April 7, 2013 7:31 PM

Review by So far, so good (taken for less than 1 month):

I just started three weeks ago so it's too early to report results, but I wanted to post that the whole taste thing did not happen to me. And there are other meds such as certain antibiotics that mess up my taste, so it's not like I'm immune or not sensitive to it. I'm sure the people that are posting about it do have this issue, but my advice is to not think about the taste issue.

November 8, 2012 10:33 AM

I'm 31 yrs old( F) . Been taking Lamisil for 2.5 months and have had no side effects. I can see the difference in my toenails!

April 24, 2012 10:48 PM

I took these pills twice. The first time they did not work at all. The second time, I had my toenails removed and took Lamisil for three months and it worked great. I recommend this pill. Just stay away from alcohol so you will not harm your liver or kidneys. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

September 14, 2011 3:35 PM