User Reviews for Lamisil

Learn more about Lamisil.

Lamisil review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Onychomycosis, Fingernail.

Reviews for Lamisil to treat Onychomycosis, Fingernail

Review by Uros Lazarevic: User Rating:

I've been suffering from onychomycosis on my fingernails for good 4 years. Sadly, in first 3 years, we tried alternative medications, creams etc. which didn't help. Finally, I went to another doctor and she prescribed me Lamisil after running blood tests. My nails have massively improved since early this year. My fingernail which was 90% covered in dead tissue is now only at about 20%, and it actually makes me feel better about myself because it's got so better I don't have to hide my fingers anymore. Before using Lamisil, I've been using Loceryl for about a few months and even now, whilst using Lamisil, I use Loceryl from time to time. Side effect: loss of appetite in last few weeks. Food isn't as appealing to me anymore.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 16, 2013 3:59 PM
Review by jereshmy (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I am a healthy 25 year old male, I cannot remember my toenails NOT having fungus. I lived through the embarassment seemingly my whole life, but once my thumbnail became infected to the point where it was practically gone, I had to do anything to treat it. Doctor suggested I take Lamisil, I think he said it has like a 50% chance of working. I was very nervous after reading reviews, but it also helps that I never drink alcohol. Took it Dec.'11 until March '12, had one liver panel done (normal result). I believe by April my thumbnail was 100% healthy and now (9/12) my toenails are 99% healthy, thank you. Only side effect I noticed wasn't bad, just my farts/stool smelled metallic. I say give it a shot, you can always stop taking it.

September 7, 2012 4:17 PM
Review by Mary Elizabeth: User Rating:

This is my second time using Lamisil. No problems the first time. Within first 5 days I developed progressive rash-starting on feet, then legs, arms, and trunk. Discontinued after day 13.

April 14, 2009 12:35 PM