User Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim

Also known as: Bactrim, Bactrim DS, Bactrim IV, Bactrim Pediatric, Bethaprim, Bethaprim Pediatric, Co-trimoxazole, Cotrim, Cotrim DS, Cotrim Pediatric, Septra, Septra DS, Septra IV, SMZ-TMP DS, Sulfatrim, Sulfatrim Pediatric, Uroplus, Uroplus DS

Learn more about Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim.

Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 134 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim to treat Bronchitis

Review by whohol: User Rating:

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Felt so sick to my stomach, laid in bed for 2 weeks, I experienced bloating, nausea, couldn't eat. Cramping was serious, I suffered from chills, fever, aches and pains. Headache was also present, made me feel lightheaded also. Couldn't function.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2014 10:30 AM
Review by superman 8000: User Rating:

Septra (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Great!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 18, 2013 9:59 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): I took this medicine in early June for Bronchitis. It worked and I was all better by the time it was done. In early July I began to feel general malaise with various sypmtoms, nausea, fatigue etc. They did blood work and found that my AST and LST #'s were near 1000 and 900 respectively. It took 4 months for my numbers to go down. And a month later I started to experience gastrointestinal problems which is still going on. Not a good experience at all.

February 23, 2012 2:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim: I had a very bad cough, it may have been bronchitis or some other infection but I was given this antibiotic from a doctor and within a day or two I was feeling much better. It worked pretty good only thing they are very dry pills.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 19, 2011 11:38 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Best medication ever for upper respiratory tract and pulmonary infections. Only thing that works for me. No side effects except dehydration, need to drink lots of fluids.

March 1, 2010 1:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): Had a bad case of bronchitis and Bactrim was prescribed. Within a day I was feeling better and was completely well in 3-4 days. Amazing! However, my wife was prescribed the same drug for her bout of bronchitis and found that she was allergic to it and had horrible stomach pain. So it's obviously not for everyone.

September 2, 2009 2:00 PM