User Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim

Also known as: Bactrim, Bactrim DS, Bactrim IV, Bactrim Pediatric, Bethaprim, Bethaprim Pediatric, Co-trimoxazole, Cotrim, Cotrim DS, Cotrim Pediatric, Septra, Septra DS, Septra IV, SMZ-TMP DS, Sulfatrim, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim.

Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 132 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim to treat Bronchitis

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Felt so sick to my stomach, laid in bed for 2 weeks, I experienced bloating, nausea, couldn't eat. Cramping was serious, I suffered from chills, fever, aches and pains. Headache was also present, made me feel lightheaded also. Couldn't function. "

whohol March 30, 2014

Septra (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Great!"

superman 8000 October 18, 2013

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "I took this medicine in early June for Bronchitis. It worked and I was all better by the time it was done. In early July I began to feel general malaise with various sypmtoms, nausea, fatigue etc. They did blood work and found that my AST and LST #'s were near 1000 and 900 respectively. It took 4 months for my numbers to go down. And a month later I started to experience gastrointestinal problems which is still going on. Not a good experience at all."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

"I had a very bad cough, it may have been bronchitis or some other infection but I was given this antibiotic from a doctor and within a day or two I was feeling much better. It worked pretty good only thing they are very dry pills."

Anonymous December 19, 2011

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Best medication ever for upper respiratory tract and pulmonary infections. Only thing that works for me. No side effects except dehydration, need to drink lots of fluids."

Anonymous March 1, 2010

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Had a bad case of bronchitis and Bactrim was prescribed. Within a day I was feeling better and was completely well in 3-4 days. Amazing! However, my wife was prescribed the same drug for her bout of bronchitis and found that she was allergic to it and had horrible stomach pain. So it's obviously not for everyone."

Anonymous September 2, 2009