User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Kidney Infections 0 reviews 92 medications

Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 97 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim reviews 116 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Bactrim

Review by Fuss box (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Sinusitis: My body responds to sulfur products. After two days on Bactrim I noticed a difference. By the 4th day I was back to myself. It really helped me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 17, 2014 8:44 PM
Review by BL florida (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: I was first prescribed Augmentin for an infection from a puncture wound near the nail bed of my thumb. It made me feel like I was suffering from morning sickness and did not work. Next I got Flagyl and Bactrim. The culture showed the Staph was sensitive to Bactrim and the wound is SO much better! Yes, there are some side effects (for me, insomnia but I don't know if that is Flagyl or Bactrim) but it is so much better than losing my finger! I also took Florastor with the medication to reduce intestinal upset and experienced none.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2014 6:53 PM
Review by AcneKiller (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I started taking this a few weeks ago and my acne is almost 100% gone. My skin feels very soft and smooth as well. It is definitely worth a try. I was on Monocycline before for about a year and my acne began to relapse. Once I started on Bactrim my skin was clear again but I am scared of relapsing since it is still an antibiotic. Drink lots of water as well because you constantly feel dehydrated.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 24, 2014 2:56 AM
Review by NIMBLE1: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I had a kidney transplant and Bactrim was prescribed as part of my meds to allay any infections. I'm middle aged and have suffered from acne for years. To my surprise, my acne cleared! A bonus!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 12, 2014 8:30 PM
Review by Meggy 5000: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Sinusitis: I have been taking Bactrim for sinusitis around a week. I have developed painful sores on my tongue that are not visible to the eye. My mouth itches and burns terribly. It worked for my underlining condition but this side effect is unbearable.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 8, 2014 7:39 PM
Review by myboys14: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I am 41 years old and have struggled all my life with acne. Having done Roaccutane, Minocycline and every other medication and topical ointment. At 41 I was over acne. This is a miracle medicine. Skin cleared up in about 7 days and is absolutely flawless. Can't speak highly enough of this medicine. I am acne free for the first time in my life. Ask your doctor about this.

February 28, 2014 10:08 PM

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I just started Bactrim. I have noticed a significant change for the better. For those of you that get yeast infections, eat lots of yogurt if you can. I have found this has helped me in the past.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 5, 2014 7:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I took Bactrim for about 1 year and did not get a single breakout during that time. Really works wonders for skin. Now I have been on the maintenance dose to carry on the good work.

December 26, 2013 5:37 AM
Review by shellierh: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Sinusitis: Took one dose of Bactrim for sinusitis/bronchitis and 3 hours later face was red. 1 hour following, my face, arms and hands broke out into hives. Had to discontinue and call doc.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 15, 2013 11:45 AM
Review by Lirpa13: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: Can't live without having this in by medicine cabinet. At the onset of a suspected boil I take this and problem solved! I have been taking this for many years. Before Bactrim I had boil after boil, scars, and embarrassment. Miracle drug for boils, who cares about minor side effects!!!

October 30, 2013 3:51 PM
Review by Ben Jammin: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I have been taking Bactrim for about a year and a half now. Prior to Bactrim I took everything else. I've had acne since I was roughly 15 and am now 23. Everything I took either left me feeling crappy, or didn't work. In my experience taking Bactrim the first 2-3 months my face breaks out horribly. Then at some time in that period it just goes away. It is absolutely the best acne medication I've ever taken! I have taken it twice.

October 15, 2013 1:06 AM
Review by Jmichelle: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I am 52 with hormonal acne. My cysts were terrible. Did a number on my confidence. I have been on Bactrim for over a year for the cysts and finally something is working. I tried every other medicine with no results. Not sure how long I can be on this but I never want to stop. Afraid if I stop, the cysts will return.

September 7, 2013 7:09 PM
Review by jolly joe: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: I've had a few skin infections and cellulitis. Bactrim cleared it, visible within 24hrs.

August 24, 2013 5:15 PM
Review by GOOGS1951 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Took Bactrim for 3 days. Cleared up the urinary tract infection but became very nauseous, weak, chills, sweats, no appetite and shaky. Still weak and somewhat nauseous after 3 days of not taking it.

July 29, 2013 3:30 PM
Review by Ans247 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed Bactrim DS 2x a day for 10 days to clear a urinary tract infection. I was having nausea, acid reflux and intestinal/digestive issues that felt like irritable bowel syndrome or Stomach Flu by the 3rd day. After the 5th day I decided to stop taking it and the infection is gone along with all side effects. I am glad I decided to stop taking it, it seems Bactrim DS 2x a day was a bit too much for me.

July 28, 2013 2:14 PM
Review by Dave!: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I've been on Bactrim for about 4 years now. Once per day. When I stop taking it my acne flares up. Hopefully it's not something I have to take for the rest of my life, by it definitely works when used!

July 23, 2013 4:59 PM
Review by EJay: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I'm 25 years old and still get those under the skin cystic pimples on my face. It is mild but one or two of those monsters just stand out. I've tried Retin-A, every single face wash I can think of, oil free moisturizers, toners, oil free make up. I mean I've done it even the DIY remedy for acne. Well, the dermatologist put me on Bactrim and I have been on it now for about 4 weeks and my face is CLEAR. I mean I've NEVER seen it this clear! I'm just looking at the mirror all the time because I cannot believe it. Very happy with results. He said I would have to be on them for a while. But I'm okay with it. It does cause a little nausea but it's nothing I can't handle and it doesn't last too long. Overall very happy.

July 11, 2013 1:36 AM
Review by Kelly Lyn: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Great for urinary tract infection.

July 8, 2013 12:57 PM
Review by Sam b: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Always works well with no side effects.

July 1, 2013 9:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I took Bactrim for a month and I quickly saw the cystic acne disappear. So I started to reduce the dosage to 1 pill a day, then I stopped. In all, I was on the medication for a period of 2 months because I didn't like the idea of taking antibiotics for a large period of time. Recently, I've been having minor breakouts, but I'm paranoid. I am afraid to get filled with cystic acne again. So I decided to start retaking the antibiotics since I still have a couple of refills. Unfortunately I don't have health insurance anymore and I can't follow up with any Dr.

May 3, 2013 3:16 AM
Review by David H.: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Infection: Some upset stomach using Bactrim, other then that not a problem. One month using this has finally cleared up sinus, inner ear and nasal infections lingering for months. Highly recommend this medicine also using with Rifampin.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 23, 2013 1:32 AM
Review by Bactrim for uti (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: Prescribed Bactrim for a urinary tract infection. On day 4 of medication and have been experiencing diarrhea since day 2. Severe nausea and no appetite. Terrible migraine and cannot sleep.

April 12, 2013 8:10 PM
Review by Anonymous78 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: I cannot believe how amazing this medicine has been for my cystic acne. I have tried monocycline, doxycycline, prescription topical creams, NOTHING worked. I finally decided to ask my doctor about Bactrim. I have been completely cyst free since October. This is a record amount of time for me to have NO cysts! I have had, maybe three pimples. I've had no side effects. The monocycline gave me horrible joint aches (to the point where I'd almost cry they hurt so bad). So far I have had absolutely NO side effects. It's wonderful!

January 23, 2013 11:19 AM
Review by Texan and cripple: User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: If you are prescribed Bactrim, take a probiotic with each pill and the side effects usually go away. Probiotics are over the counter. Before I could not take Bactrim or Keflex. Now no problem. I am on Bactrim for boils and taking the probiotic.

January 20, 2013 9:02 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: Bactrim is the best medication I've even taken for acne, cleared my skin up in 5 days.

January 19, 2013 11:27 AM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Watch this video series to learn about managing severe allergies (anaphylaxis).