User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Acne 33 reviews 507 medications

Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 97 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim reviews 135 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Bactrim

Review by Superstar11111:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Something really bad happened to me 14 years ago that caused trauma to the urinary tract. Ever since I have used Bactrim on a regular basis to flush out my bladder and urethra of bacteria because my body does not do a sufficient job through urination. If you take it on an empty stomach, it will make you feel really sick, but the medicine is awesome and I highly recommend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2015 9:51 AM

Review by patient 94:

For Prostatitis: Did not work

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 3:59 PM

Review by jjjjj29849857:

For Acne: Bactrim worked miracles when I first started taking it. I was on it for almost 5 years, but it began to lose it's potency so I had to change. Overall, it helped a lot in clearing my acne. I did experience less of an appetite, but other than that it was a positive experience.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2014 11:06 PM

Review by Elise91:

For Acne: I had moderate to severe hormonal acne on my cheeks, and many breakouts on my chin and forehead as well. A combination of Aczone, Tazerac, and Bactrim (twice a day for about a month, then once a day, now I take it every other day) cleared up my skin almost completely. I rarely get any breakouts, and my skin is glowy. I think the Tazerac is most responsible for clearing up my scarring, so ask your doctor about that too. Bactrim was a lifesaver! SO happy I found it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by Stephbactrimuser:

For Acne: I am a 40 something women with moderate hormonal acne. Did one round of Accutane with good results-but acne returned. Tried every other medicine and cream with no luck. Finally tried Bactrim and saw results in 2 DAYS! Been on it a week and have results better than Accutane.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2014 9:17 PM

Review by Hartmaa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Hands down, the very best medication I've ever been on. My horrific cystic acne and litchen complex completely cleared in 4 months. Mostly clear within 2 weeks. The rest was just getting the dark spots to fade and some steroid cream for the litchen/eczema I had that surrounded all my acne. I suffered for 18 years with acne and did Accutane 4 times and every other oral and topical medicine on the market. This is the only thing that really worked. I have no side effects whatsoever. It is the miracle cure that I wish my other dermatologists had recommended. I take one Bactrim DS once a day- doctor says I can continue indefinitely. I likely will. My skin is stunning for the first time since I've been 19. If others don't work try this!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 1:58 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: It's currently 12:30am, and I'm wide awake on a school night typing this. I didn't exactly have all the symptoms of a urinary tract infection, but always have the urgency to pee. I went to urgent care, and the doctor prescribed me Bactrim. I've been on it for 3 days (today will be my 4th), and I have yet to see results. According to some of you, it doesn't start working until the 5th day, which still gives me hope since the doctor told me it would work within 2 days. What I have been seeing is nausea, diarrhea, shakiness, insomnia, extreme headaches, and loss of appetite. I really hope this works. The constant urge to pee pretty much ruins what little social life I have. Having to make constant trips to the bathroom doesn't fit well with football games.

October 13, 2014 12:37 AM

Review by LaCole:

For Bacterial Skin Infection: I took Bactrim for a while now for bacteria of the hair follicles and it has helped a lot plus using dial soap. But every time I get boils it heals them. I don't have any side effects to the medicine. Every time I get this infection I have to take Bactrim because I can't take penicillin.

October 7, 2014 12:01 PM

Review by Mr. Happy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I ended up with a urinary tract infection due to my diabetes. My PA prescribed Bactrim and I have not experienced any side effects. The burning and urge to urinate, but even after 2 days still feel like the bladder was not emptied. It is day 5 and I noticed some discoloration in urine in the morning hours. I take it that is due to some bleeding. It went back to clear yellow tonight. I am carefully completing the course of this medication and hope it works for others like it has for me. I feel great!

September 22, 2014 10:56 PM

Review by Hilgy:

For Bacterial Skin Infection: Contacted MRSA and received Bactrim for 14 days and cleared. Three years later contacted cellulitus from a wound not taken care of by me. Bactrim took care of it. Dangerous conditions cured with Bactrim.

September 16, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by Kash04:

For Acne: I'm 27 & struggle with hormonal cystic acne. I have been on this medication for about 3 months now. Prior to Bactrim, I was taking minocycline. Minocycline worked great but I developed a resistance to it in July 2013. From July 2013 I tried doxycycline, then erythromycin. I struggled trying to find a solution with my Kaiser dermatologist until I went to another dermatologist in June 2014. June 2014, I tried Bactrim & it started clearing up my skin 3 days after using it. I was prescribed to take 1 pill twice daily. I take 1 in the morning & 1 at night. This medicine has saved me from depression, feeling dirty & ugly. I hope I don't develop a resistance to it. My skin is completely clear.

September 7, 2014 4:01 PM

Review by Amy100987:

For Acne: I love this. It is the ONLY thing that has ever cleared up my acne (face and body) completely. I've tried Proactiv, Retin-A, salicyclic acid products, benzoyl peroxide products, the sun, avoiding the sun, only skin-healthy foods, enough sleep, etc., etc. and nothing works long term consistently. Life is just miserable when you have to show a pimply face- you are perceived as ugly and not clean. I'll take the risks of too much antibiotic use over being treated poorly for my appearance.

August 23, 2014 8:53 PM

Review by Former Sufferer in MN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Bactrim cleared my skin up in less than a week. I did forget to take it for a few days and it did come back, but cleared up right away as soon as I took it twice a day again.

August 1, 2014 12:12 PM

Review by anonnn:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Seemed to clear up my infection, but started feeling nauseous the next day. Steadily got worse each day. On the fourth day developed a severe headache but slept it off. Doctor instructed me to stop taking it. Experienced severely high blood pressure. Also made my abdominal muscles feel weak

July 31, 2014 5:07 PM

For Acne: If you just started this medicine I know you're probably feeling bad about you acne. BUT LISTEN Bactrim works from the inside out and if you breakout in the first few weeks that's fine stick with it because soon your skin will be clear and Bactrim will help stop breakouts from ever happening in the first place soon! Cleared my hormonal acne. I rarely get a pimple and I had moderate to server acne and it was a life saver! Your acne will be cleared in just a few months. I suggest using a topical gel as well. Hang in there it helped me during a rough time in just 3 1/2 months I had a clear face, just a few acne marks on my cheeks only thing that stinks is I'm scared to go off the antibiotic and have a repulse of acne. But I suggest this!

July 11, 2014 1:19 PM

Review by LindsayNicole (taken for less than 1 month):

For Kidney Infections: Took this medicine for a horrible horrible HORRIBLE kidney infection. Worked within 2 days and cleared up all of my symptoms, which was such a relief. I was told to finish off the bottle by my doctor, and the next day I developed a horrible case if the hives. I stopped taking the medicine immediately, but the hives stuck around for another 3 days. What a miserable week! So, Bactrim worked wonders for my kidney infection, but little did I know I was severely allergic to it. Take with caution.

June 22, 2014 2:51 AM

Review by ChelleeBelly:

For Bacterial Skin Infection: If you're ever on antibiotics, it's best to take a probiotic to help with stomach upset. However, I read you should take them as far away from your dose of antibiotic as possible. So, if you have to take it twice a day: take the Bactrim at breakfast and dinner. Then take the probiotics directly between at around lunch time. Taking any antibiotics with food also helps. Certain antibiotics have different food instructions so ask your pharmacist. I'm currently on Bactrim for a urinary tract infection, but I also have an infected hair that's been causing me a lot of pain in my groin so I'm hoping this will help there as well.

June 15, 2014 8:37 AM

Review by Anna A:

For Acne: I'm 16 now and started using Bactrim when I was 15, I tried many other acne treatments like Proactiv and other topical gels but none of those worked as well as the Bactrim antibiotic! If you just started using this medication give it time it took me about two months to see results but after 6 I had no acne only breaking out occasionally! Wish I had a before and after picture because it was crazy how well my skin cleared. I used to take it twice a day and once my skin was totally clear I only started taking it a few times a week and I started breaking out again and acne came back I'm back taking it twice a day so hopefully it can do the trick again! But I'll post again in a few months if/when I see results in my skin again!

June 12, 2014 4:46 PM

Review by KittyBee:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed Bactrim and felt worse right away. After reading the side effects, I told myself that what I was feeling was normal. I took the prescribed dosage (2 per day) for 5 days, feeling even worst on the 5th day - shaky, diarrhea, headache, nervousness, unable to sleep. Then after some research, I discovered that there also were interaction side effects with my blood pressure medications.

May 10, 2014 10:35 AM

Review by Fuss box (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: My body responds to sulfur products. After two days on Bactrim I noticed a difference. By the 4th day I was back to myself. It really helped me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by BL florida (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Skin Infection: I was first prescribed Augmentin for an infection from a puncture wound near the nail bed of my thumb. It made me feel like I was suffering from morning sickness and did not work. Next I got Flagyl and Bactrim. The culture showed the Staph was sensitive to Bactrim and the wound is SO much better! Yes, there are some side effects (for me, insomnia but I don't know if that is Flagyl or Bactrim) but it is so much better than losing my finger! I also took Florastor with the medication to reduce intestinal upset and experienced none.

April 4, 2014 6:53 PM

Review by AcneKiller (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I started taking this a few weeks ago and my acne is almost 100% gone. My skin feels very soft and smooth as well. It is definitely worth a try. I was on Monocycline before for about a year and my acne began to relapse. Once I started on Bactrim my skin was clear again but I am scared of relapsing since it is still an antibiotic. Drink lots of water as well because you constantly feel dehydrated.

March 24, 2014 2:56 AM

Review by NIMBLE1:

For Acne: I had a kidney transplant and Bactrim was prescribed as part of my meds to allay any infections. I'm middle aged and have suffered from acne for years. To my surprise, my acne cleared! A bonus!

March 12, 2014 8:30 PM

Review by Meggy 5000:

For Sinusitis: I have been taking Bactrim for sinusitis around a week. I have developed painful sores on my tongue that are not visible to the eye. My mouth itches and burns terribly. It worked for my underlining condition but this side effect is unbearable.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2014 7:39 PM

Review by myboys14:

For Acne: I am 41 years old and have struggled all my life with acne. Having done Roaccutane, Minocycline and every other medication and topical ointment. At 41 I was over acne. This is a miracle medicine. Skin cleared up in about 7 days and is absolutely flawless. Can't speak highly enough of this medicine. I am acne free for the first time in my life. Ask your doctor about this.

February 28, 2014 10:08 PM