User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Acne 56 reviews 519 medications

Prostatitis 5 reviews 46 medications

2.2
Summary of Bactrim reviews 201 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Bactrim

For Urinary Tract Infection "Never again, first 10'days macrobid. Still had infection. Put me on bactrim. I was so sick after day 5. I missed 7 days of work, I think 10 days was to much. Had loose poop, neasea every day, dizzy, loss 7 lbs in 7 days and the worst was the dry eyes and mouth. I felt like poo. I thought I would end up in hospital. It even made me depressed! Never again!"

myuti (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I am the type of person who is sensitive to chemicals, smells, sounds, etc. I rarely need meds and recently had to take bactrim ds for five days due to a UTI. I was sooo nervous about taking it. I was convinced I would be allergic to it, or at least have side affects. Well, all that worrying was for nothing. I took it as prescribed for five days with no problem at all! I hope you do well on it too if you need it!"

Patun1a (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I put my self on Bactrim thanks to the internet, 3 or 4 years hematuria,dr, say mild infection ok keflix.,Cipro.macrodantin.rucefin,not sure of spelling none worked. Bactrim seems to have nailed but will wait and see, took for 12 days no side effect at all. old school is better,than the new all all purpose meds , here's hoping"

wright 1 April 14, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Had cut my foot at a beach and was prescribed Bactrim, got the chills and chattering teeth, told to continue and next day had severe diahareea and vomiting at same time hospitalized for several days, body bloated to twice my normal size, near died, would never take a sulphur drug again especially Bactrim."

lolo28 April 11, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was given Bactrim for vestibulitis, and a sinus infection, and bronchitis. The medicine was hardly effective. I just finished it. While on it all of my symptoms got worse and I had severe headaches and neck stiffness and I was so tired all day. I tried dealing with the side effects because I wasn't sure if it was the medicine or just being sick. Went back to my doctor today and because I'm not better he switched me to azothromycin and gave me some steroids for my energy levels. This medicine was awful. By the 7th day I was smelling and tasting the medicine all day. Really, I could've dealt with the side effects if the medicine helped me but it did not."

Csmien April 6, 2016

For Acne "I could tell it was working within 24 hours of taking it. Just be sure to eat with every dose, it's hard on the stomach!"

Laynepecv April 2, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "My daughter had a small red angry looking flea bite, or so we thought. We tried to draw it out with hot compress. NO go. Went to Urgent Care the next day. Was given Bacrim 800+160. That was a Saturday. Wound was 1 times worse the next day. Went to ER. Was told NOT to use hot compress but keep taking the Bactrim. Today is Tuesday. Taking this medication doesnt seem to be doing much. She is red, imflammed badly, full of nastyness and pain. Using crutches as this is on her lower leg. Seeing surgeon in 2 days because the infection is now to deep. She is in tons of pain. Thankfully there is no fever as of yet but infection is looking more and more like MRSA. Scary stuff on an 18 year old who is constantly keeping herself clean."

Still on the Fence on this one (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Sinusitis "Taking 2 pills twice a day everyday something new for a side effect , great way to loose weight . Don't feel like eating at all I do is keep my self hydrated with fluids to thin the phlegm so I can cough it loose and get the rest out of my system. Can't wait till I can stop taking it . Also think it's shredding my red blood cells feel tired and sometimes dizzy and weak"

Popcorn dutton February 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Bactrim doesn't seem to help, have a UTI and Dr put me on Bactrim, even after I told him it didn't work for me in the past. Been on it for a week and I can barely urinate. (Cipro has worked well for me). Now the Dr. wants me to make another office visit, because he gave me an antibiotic that I told him has not worked for me in the past. I asked him to call in a script for Cipro, he won't. He is convinced that if Bactrim didn't work, I need another visit. So now I have to pay for another visit. I almost always test negative for UTI, which makes me wonder how inclusive their culture test is. Anyway, ask for Cipro if Bactrim doesn't work."

not cured February 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "They prescribed bactrim to me, worst thing ever ended up in the hospital body Aches , fever , insomnia ... & went to hospital ended up with a low blood count ran all kinds of tests it was just awful I will never take this again & it's been about a month & I'm still not 100% better I will never take this ever again!"

Desti (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Acne "I tried almost every topical an acne sufferer can get from drug stores, from natural to other kinds of drugs for acne, but none ever worked. My acne is moderate to severe type of acne. I am not saying that this medicine will work for you same way it does for me, but you should consider it when you talk to your Doctor. I've been taking this medicine for over a year now and I can't be any more clearer. I used to get tiny whiteheads all over my face, like when I try to pinch my skin, you can squeeze them out like small pieces of oil that became oxidized and yellow. Before I got this medicine, almost every day of my life I'd have to deal with new bumps just after one healed. My face is scarred, but this is the best one I have tried ever."

Leonardel February 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm currently on bactrim, first day taking the medication and I saw an immediate difference. My Uti's are horrible, I'm normally awaken from my sleep, as they hurt that bad. I'm up for hours on hours sitting on the toilet due to the urge. Bactrim is helping this a lot. Also I see a lot of people are feeling sick while taking this medicine, my doctor recommends that I take the medicine with food, hope this helps you guys in the future if you're experiencing sickness."

Jai Lee (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2016

For Bronchitis "My doctors would always give me amoxicillin. It never did anything. I use to have a bad bronchitis every winter. I had one that lasted months. My sputum turned deep brown, my middle ears were so infected I could barely hear. And I was not a smoker then. I called my ENT office off hours. I got another doctor on the call. He was older and very thorough in trying to diagnose over the phone. He said lets try a real old drug. It was Sulfa not the combo Bactrim. He called the pharmacy. A friend picked it up. the pil was huge. I broke it in three pieces to get down with lots of water. Tthe next day was like a miracle, I felt so much better. It seems Sulfa is all around gold standard antibiotic for me for any infection"

ymous_anon January 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had a uti for about a month. I was on Cipro for 10 days and Bactrim for 10 days. I went for a urinalysis and was prescribed Bactrim. I have only been taking it for 3 days and am already starting to feel way better. The only downside is that I've noticed that my urine is very smelly and brightly colored. I'm hoping that I feel back to my normal self within the next few days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Made me very sick"

Tee Lee (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I am in my second uti this month. I went to the doctor the first time and was prescribed macrobid and my uti came back in two weeks. Now I'm on Bactrim and it seems to work really well minus the headaches. I like it the a lot better and I feel like it's actually gone now"

Red93 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim for a very painful UTI that I could not flush out naturally with water and cranberry. My UTI pain subsided after about 5 hours of the first dose of Bactrim which is great. However, the side effects are not so pleasant. I have had chills, mild diarrhea, vivid nightmares/dreams and extreme migraines. I am on day 3 of a 7 day prescription, but I am contemplating stopping after day 4 or 5 if the side effects continue. The side effects are still not as bad as the UTI pain!"

Anonymous December 16, 2015

For Acne "Didn't do anything for me. I still have severe acne like always. It's been 2 years but no fix. Tried doxycycline, minocycline and this. None of them ever worked. I also have super oily skin and this medicine doesn't fix that. It only kills the bacteria, which in my case is not a big problem. Oily skin is giving me acne. Plus I was applying erythromycin 2% on face. Nothing happened. Took it for a month. Finally going on Accutane soon. It was the last resort for me."

Omairali December 15, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I have just recently got out a living environment with a bunch of roomates, I found a small pimple under my arm and thought nothing of it, after a week it was so swollen and hot to touch I went to the ER. The doctor didn't want to cut the "pimple" open but I begged him to because of the pain-and he was glad he did...the amount of bacteria that came out was astonishing! He put me on bactrim and even though I had some side effects it went away.....but then I got another abcess on my head about 2 months later....took bactrim it went away....then 2 months after that i got another abcess on my finger....took bactrim it when away.....now i once again have 3 abscesses under my armpit and am currently on bactrim again! 4 months later!"

Nikki62382 December 12, 2015

For Acne "During college, as an athlete, I experienced a surprise acne issue. But it was relentless in college, never anything serious, but enough to frustrate me. I was prescribed bactrim my junior year and had unbelievable results. It cleared within weeks and if by chance, I ever broke out, the break outs were so minimal and healed so quick. I stayed on it for about a year and then came off of it because I had no more problems. My face stayed pretty good, here and there during the time of the month, but that was it. I just went back on it,a year and a half later, due to frustrating break outs around my chin. Again, nothing serious but I know that Bactrim works so why not! 2 weeks later, clear skin!! TRY IT"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2015

For Sinusitis "Yeah, did this for seven days. Just got out of the hospital after a full body rash (including feet, hands a face, required them to put me on iv antibiotics for two days). Fun times"

In hell (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

For Kidney Infections "Really effective, but really terrible side-effects. UTI and kidney infection both cleared up quickly, which I'm grateful for, and ultimately that's the point. But I had nausea and vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, joint aches, itchy skin, sore throat, loss of appetite... I felt way better with the infection than I did on the medication. But it's all temporary."

SarahES (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Kidney Infections "Please don't let anyone scare you into not taking this. If you're like me with new medicine, you go online and research every little side effect and review and convince yourself not to take it. I was really scared to take this as I had bad reactions to Macrobid and Ciprofloxacin, and after reading these reviews I just knew it was going to be the same way. I'm on day two, no side effects other than a little nausea and a headache. That's the worst of it. We'll see how it goes by day 7, but so far this has been the best antibiotic I've taken."

Lisaxx22 November 24, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I have a small either cyst or some type of mass on back of neck under skin. Doctor said it could be due to some type of staph. He prescribed me Bactrim aka as sulfameth.trimethoprim. He said two weeks to take this and if it does not go away we will need to Lance it. Which in a way I'm glad, it bothers me. Anyways I went to pharmacy to get my medicine and went home. I actually started the same day taking my pill. Friday Saturday and Sunday I felt ok. But come Monday about 3 am I got up and had diarrhea, multiple times I felt nauseous & achey . 7 am I felt it in my throat I vomited and after that I had a horrible headache. Can't eat, I feel as though my joints are stiff. Doc is changing my meds. No sulpha again !"

kandida (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I suffer with regular UTI's due to a chronic pelvic prolapse I can't get anyone to take seriously. Since having a hysterectomy and estrogen-suppression therapy for adjuvant therapy for cancer the UTI's have worsened. Bactrim does have side effects, but since I can't take Macrobid, I'm stuck with this or Cipro. I'm starting to think I'm developing a resistant strain of infection, but the Bactrim seems to take care of it."

IDunnoWho November 22, 2015