User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Acne 49 reviews 513 medications

Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Melioidosis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 69 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bactrim reviews 164 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Bactrim

For Acne "I am a 34 year mother of 7. I had perfectly clear skin other than an occasional around my time of the month. Until about 25 yrs. old around the birth of my 3rd child. I started experiencing terrible acne all over. On my upper and lower back, my chest, my face, I have white heads, black heads, deep painful cystic acne. Complete MISERY & JUDGEMENT. I have always had VERY oily skin since puberty.I have tried everything you can imagine...every lotion,potion, cream, wash, mask, scrub, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar. I was on doxy-cycline for a year w/ no results. I am on Bactrim for a sinus infection and have my fingers crossed it will work for my acne as well. If so I'll ask for a script. Anyone recommend a good product pimple or two"

Tasha Louise July 24, 2015

For Acne "Had acne forever, went through accutane which cleared it up for a good 2 years and the acne came back. Went back to the dermatologist and was prescribed bactrim. It didn't start working till a few weeks in but after that, I started noticing my face getting clearer. Unfortunately, taking bactrim for a long time isn't good for you for a long time so here I am starting back at square one, but it was the best few months I've in a while."

Filthydelphia July 11, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Broke me out in a horrendous rash (apparently I am allergic to sulfa drugs) and had to take a steroid for 5 days to get rid of it. And still had the UTI infection on top of it"

B765 July 4, 2015

For Acne "Bactrim is absolutely amazing for acne.. I had seen 4 different dermatologists by the time I was 17. My face acne has been considered mild, but my acne on my back and chest is moderate to severe. They tried many oral and topical medications, creams/gels on me. Nothing worked. Then finally the last dermatologist I found, he prescribed me to Bactrim 160/800. I can't remember how long I was on it the first time before it kicked in and started working, but I was on it for 2-3 years with absolutely perfect skin. I recently got pregnant and had to stop taking it. My acne slowly came back. Now, I had my son a month ago. My acne is back and is awful. I was able to get prescribed Bactrim again 2 weeks ago (apparently it's safe while nursing). I'm still anxiously waiting for it to kick in.. But I have hope, and know it will. I highly recommend!!"

Youngeblondemommy July 3, 2015

For Acne "I'm 18 years old and have had terrible acne for almost five years. I tried every possible thing before being put on Bactrim. I have been on this medicine for a little less than a year. After trying every other medicine my primary doctor could prescribe she gave me this and it worked so well. I've never had a problem with side effects. I highly recommend this medicine if you haven't had luck finding a solution to getting rid of your acne."

BreannaS July 1, 2015

For Acne "Whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE THIS! I would not recommend this for acne. 4 weeks into the treatment I was sent to the hospital, with a very bad fever it became hard to breathe. A couple days after I came home from the hospital My whole body felt like pins and needles on the inside and itchy on the out! :( most horrible thing I've went through. honestly accutane was less of a pain than this. I'd take dry lips to pins and needles any day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Was prescribed this almost 2 years ago for a skin infection but quit taking it after 3 days because of severe anxiety, indigestion, nausea, fatigue, dizzyness and who know what else. At the time I was dealing with panic attacks so when my current doctor prescribed it last week I decided, since I was feeling better, to give I one last effort. Days 1-2 were good. Skin was clearing and other than being tired I had no side effects. By day 3 I got a headache that was relentless, I was shakey, couldn't sleep at night but couldn't stay awake during the day, diarrhea started and I quit the medicine at my doctors advice. It's been over 48 hours since my last dose and i still feel like crap. My neck hurts, and I'm still feeling incredibly anxious."

Unsatisfied*** June 22, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Great med, but it always makes my lip swell and crack.....but the furuncle was gone!"

Crystal divine June 17, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was given a 10 day course of bactrim. I made through 2.5 days before going back to the doctor. I had severe diarrhea. I was going every 15 minutes and wasn't able to sleep. It seemed to help my uti symptoms, but I almost ended up in the hospital. Now I'm prescribed cipro when I get a uti."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

For Kidney Infections "Rushed to the ER because of unbearable flank pain. Doctor noticed a large amount of white blood cells in the urine, and prescribed Bactrim. The first two days I felt okay, nothing really improved. By the fifth day the back pain disappeared but the urge to pee was still present. Sixth day I got a high fever, headaches, body aches, and a rash. Felt like crap! Stopped taking it and side effects subsided. I'm severely allergic to Bactrim. Was prescribed Cipro, it works great!"

Anonymous June 6, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "this treatment is the best to kill any bacteria in your body I treat my urine tract infection,star taking the medication 5 pm by 9 pm was a relieve no pain at all and be able to urinate with out any discomfort always you have to fallow up all step after this treatment ,drink lots of water,very happy no upset stomach at all."

Gatito May 27, 2015

For Acne "I am a 24 year old male and have semi oil skin. Never had acne until after high school around 20 years old so I guess you can call it adult acne. Anyway, I was dealing with cystic acne on my chin, cheeks, jawline and even some times on my nose. It was considered mild-moderate but still very uncomfortable coming from 20 years of a completely clear face. I would have anywhere from 6-8 decently sized cysts on my face at any given time. For almost 5 years I tried everything all sorts of washes and crap I read online which none worked. Finally went to a derm 3 months ago and got Bactrim 800-160 within a week my acne cleared and has been 99.9% gone ever since taking it twice a day every day."

TJRrrrrr May 20, 2015

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I suddenly got a 5 angry red boils on my chin...and the next day another 10. I knew I better see a Doc quickly. My Doc prescribed Keflex 500mg, and said that in 3-4 days, it should start working. But the boils kept spreading to my upper lip and cheeks. So, I got in touch with the Doc. He promptly changed the med to Bactrim 800/160, twice daily. With the second pill, I felt that the battle with the bacteria had changed. No more new boils were forming, and existing ones started becoming black instead the fiery red. The black boils are hard and not painful to the touch. Now, it is only 2 days out of the 10 day dosage, but I feel I am on the way to recovery. I don't know what caused this infection but I switched out my old razor blade."

Yograj (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I am barley able to WRITE THIS!!!... SOO ITCHY!! MY ENTIRE BODY IS COVERED IN GODDAMN RASHES THAT ARENT GOING AWAY AND ARE ITCHY AS HELL HEAD TO FING TOE..."

Chillic May 10, 2015

For Acne "This medication did work for me but I was on it for about 3-4 months before my skin actually cleared up. Don't give up hope if you see no change in the first couple of months. I went from having moderate, hormonal acne mostly around the chin and jaw (but also would appear on other parts of the face) to having a perfectly clear and glowing complexion. I am also taking the OCP (and had been on it prior to starting on Bactrim)"

Cleared89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

For Acne "Started taking bactrim about 3 weeks ago. It cleared alot of my acne in the first and second week but i started to break out in the third week. Yesterday I noticed a bump on my neck just below the ear. Turns out its a swollen lymphnode and its the size of a golf ball. That same day I got a severe headache and today my neck is extremely stiff so I'm going to the ER in the morning. Bottom line is don't take it, the side effects probably aren't worth it just get a hold of accutane."

Chris7438 (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was prescribed Bactrim by a walk in clinic. Shoulda known better. After 2 days, I experienced some awful side affects - chills, fevers, night sweats, insomnia, diarrhea, and migraines - for three days. I thought I was going to die. After I finished my prescription, I got this terrible head to toe rash that itches like crazy. My UTI is gone but it was not worth the rash and three days of near death. Does anyone know what I can do for this rash?"

Elle K (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm having the worst gastrointestinal problems and I'm only on day 3/7. I have extremely constipated, I have gas and bloating and I have nausea right after I take the pill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "This is definitely my favourite medicine to treat urinary tract infections. I have a longstanding history with UTI's, one even sent me to the ER. The best part about this medicine is that it works quickly and feel relief within the first dose, which is great. I tried nitrofurantin once and absolutely hated it because of side effects & will stick with this. Luckily I've never experienced any negative side effects & I've taken with and without food. No nausea, nothing! It's definitely a hefty sized pill though."

CB1992 April 21, 2015

For Acne "I'm a teen with pretty bad acne. Within two weeks my skin had cleared up tremendously. Unfortunately, then I started getting red hives all over my body due to a allergic reaction."

teen girl April 20, 2015

For Acne "While I was only on Bactrim for one week, I feel like it was an experience to share! In this week I did notice a difference in my skin and it was probably the best my face has ever looked. That being said, I developed allergy symptoms pretty quickly but did not make the connection right away. High fever and nausea for a few days before a full-body rash on the 8th day. I was taking two pills a day. Always watch for symptoms and consult the doctor. I would still recommend this medication to others as it appeared VERY promising at clearing up my moderate hormonal acne. If I could go on it again, I would."

Anonymous1220 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2015

For Sinusitis "At first, I found myself with more energy and simply lost my appetite, which didn't bother me. Then, the second day, I suffered nausea and vomiting. I discontinued the medicine on the second day, but the nausea and vomiting continue."

quickdigits (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

For Acne "I was suffering from acne since childhood.I tried Accutane but doesn't work for me.Tried any kind of drugs and creams prescribed by Dermatologist but nothing works.Recently I went to one dermatologist its Hospital Base clinic and she prescribed me Bactrim DS.I took it for a week and suddenly I just felt terrible I had severe fever and chills and after two days I noticed the rash all over my body I thought it's measles.but ouch! tachycardic,dehydration for just a week.When I visit my derma she said its Bactrim allergy.The bad thing is she has to send me to the Emergency. I was so happy at first because Bactrim cleared my acne in just a week but in the end it's horrible feeling that I almost dead."

Allendahaw (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

For Acne "Late September of 2014 I began to get hormonal cystic acne around my mouth, cheeks and chin. I tried a lot of different methods before finally reaching the end of my desperation. I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me bactrim. I have seen nothing but great results--better than I could have hoped for. I had read plenty of reviews about bactrim and read that many people started to see results within 3 months of use. I too saw major results within that time frame. Patience is the key when taking bactrim but from my experiences with it, I promise it will be what you're acne prone skin has been dreaming of!"

LoRrdd April 8, 2015

For Acne "My 15yr old son had terrible acne due to being inherited. We tried every facial wash and lotion out there. The dermatologist tried a couple antibiotics and nothing seemed to work. Accutane was our next option which I didn't want to do. A month ago his primary doctor prescribed Bactrim for an infection and we were shocked when it TOTALLY cleared his face and back up! We called the docs office and he now takes it daily with no side effects! Such a blessing!"

Angelic365 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2015