User Reviews for Septra

Meningitis 0 reviews 97 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nocardiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Otitis Media 0 reviews 146 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia 0 reviews 191 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prostatitis 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Septra reviews 11 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Septra

Review by Jlynnie (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I've taken Septra DS before (with no side effects), but for some reason this time it is different! It has given me severe insomnia!! Very odd and super frustrating. Also has caused me a lot of nausea but doctor prescribed Zofran (also known as the miracle medicine for nausea), so that's better. Also feel a bit "out of it" and lethargic. One last strange symptom it's causing me is "urinary hesitancy." Had no idea there was such a thing until I spoke to my dr about it. Hoping these symptoms resolve or I may need to switch medicines, as only half way through this 10-day treatment.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by bosky2:

For Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed Septra for a bacteria infection . The prescription was for ten days and about the fifth day bad a headache started with sever lower back pain also. On the seventh day I broke out from head to toe with severe hives.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by superman 8000:

For Bronchitis: Great!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2013 9:59 AM

Review by Jeneasterling28:

For Urinary Tract Infection: This medication makes me extremely tired and causes headaches but it seems to be working where other antibiotic treatments have failed to cure my infection. If you are able to tolerate the side effects it's has been a pretty good therapy for me.

January 12, 2013 4:52 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I'm pretty sensitive to antibiotics and this one really makes me feel sick and tired and now I have an itchy rash. Have finished day 2 still 5 days of this to go.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2012 2:42 AM

For Acne: This medicine has done only good things for me. I have taken it for about 3 weeks now. It cleared up my moderately severe acne very quickly no negative side effects. The only side effect I had was decreased appetite which I was not opposed to as I usually eat too much anyway!

August 5, 2011 11:50 AM

Review by lovely13675:

For Bacterial Infection: I am taking Septra for an infection on the tip of my nose. Day one was horrible. Nausea, fatigue, and vertigo {felt like a flu}. That lasted one day. Day 2-7 has been without issues. I take it with a meal and a good 12-16 ounces of fluid. 3 days to go and I expect that will be fine. My infection appeared much better by the 4th day.

January 25, 2010 4:21 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: Caused nausea...but worked.

December 24, 2009 4:04 PM

For Acne: Septra has worked wonders on my skin, within a week of taking it, my skin has gotten less oily, and my cystic acne is going away.

November 21, 2009 2:03 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: This medicine caused vomiting for me, whether my stomach was empty or not. I wish I could tolerate it, because it's a good treatment, but for those who are sensitive, this is not a good medicine.

October 15, 2009 11:45 AM

For Bacterial Skin Infection: This has cured my MRSA 5 times now. It is the only thing that works for me.

November 11, 2008 6:53 PM