User Reviews for Septra

Bacterial Infection 2 reviews 169 medications

Kidney Infections 1 reviews 93 medications

Summary of Septra reviews 14 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Septra

For Kidney Infections "I have frequent kidney infections and this antibiotic didn't help at at. I've been doubled over in pain"

Jo123456789 November 4, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Makes me extremely nauseated. Cannot tolerate it. Have had multiple UTI's and septra sometimes doesn't get rid of the infection all the way. Causes insomnia and almost confusion."

Mt.Lady August 23, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Cleared infection right away but had to stop medicine early because of all of the side effects I had from this. 4 days later,still having some of the effects. Not sure how long the effects will last,but I never want to feel this bad again"

cristi7294 August 19, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've taken Septra DS before (with no side effects), but for some reason this time it is different! It has given me severe insomnia!! Very odd and super frustrating. Also has caused me a lot of nausea but doctor prescribed Zofran (also known as the miracle medicine for nausea), so that's better. Also feel a bit "out of it" and lethargic. One last strange symptom it's causing me is "urinary hesitancy." Had no idea there was such a thing until I spoke to my dr about it. Hoping these symptoms resolve or I may need to switch medicines, as only half way through this 10-day treatment."

Jlynnie (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed Septra for a bacteria infection . The prescription was for ten days and about the fifth day bad a headache started with sever lower back pain also. On the seventh day I broke out from head to toe with severe hives."

bosky2 June 12, 2014

For Bronchitis "Great!"

superman 8000 October 18, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "This medication makes me extremely tired and causes headaches but it seems to be working where other antibiotic treatments have failed to cure my infection. If you are able to tolerate the side effects it's has been a pretty good therapy for me."

Jeneasterling28 January 12, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm pretty sensitive to antibiotics and this one really makes me feel sick and tired and now I have an itchy rash. Have finished day 2 still 5 days of this to go."

Anonymous March 18, 2012

For Acne "This medicine has done only good things for me. I have taken it for about 3 weeks now. It cleared up my moderately severe acne very quickly no negative side effects. The only side effect I had was decreased appetite which I was not opposed to as I usually eat too much anyway!"

Anonymous August 5, 2011

For Bacterial Infection "I am taking Septra for an infection on the tip of my nose. Day one was horrible. Nausea, fatigue, and vertigo {felt like a flu}. That lasted one day. Day 2-7 has been without issues. I take it with a meal and a good 12-16 ounces of fluid. 3 days to go and I expect that will be fine. My infection appeared much better by the 4th day."

lovely13675 January 25, 2010

For Urinary Tract Infection "Caused nausea...but worked."

Anonymous December 24, 2009

For Acne "Septra has worked wonders on my skin, within a week of taking it, my skin has gotten less oily, and my cystic acne is going away. "

Anonymous November 21, 2009

For Urinary Tract Infection "This medicine caused vomiting for me, whether my stomach was empty or not. I wish I could tolerate it, because it's a good treatment, but for those who are sensitive, this is not a good medicine."

Anonymous October 15, 2009

For Bacterial Skin Infection "This has cured my MRSA 5 times now. It is the only thing that works for me."

Anonymous November 11, 2008