User Reviews for Septra

Learn more about Septra.

Septra review summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Septra to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by Jlynnie (taken for less than 1 month):

I've taken Septra DS before (with no side effects), but for some reason this time it is different! It has given me severe insomnia!! Very odd and super frustrating. Also has caused me a lot of nausea but doctor prescribed Zofran (also known as the miracle medicine for nausea), so that's better. Also feel a bit "out of it" and lethargic. One last strange symptom it's causing me is "urinary hesitancy." Had no idea there was such a thing until I spoke to my dr about it. Hoping these symptoms resolve or I may need to switch medicines, as only half way through this 10-day treatment.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by Jeneasterling28:

This medication makes me extremely tired and causes headaches but it seems to be working where other antibiotic treatments have failed to cure my infection. If you are able to tolerate the side effects it's has been a pretty good therapy for me.

January 12, 2013 4:52 PM

I'm pretty sensitive to antibiotics and this one really makes me feel sick and tired and now I have an itchy rash. Have finished day 2 still 5 days of this to go.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2012 2:42 AM

Caused nausea...but worked.

December 24, 2009 4:04 PM

This medicine caused vomiting for me, whether my stomach was empty or not. I wish I could tolerate it, because it's a good treatment, but for those who are sensitive, this is not a good medicine.

October 15, 2009 11:45 AM