User Reviews for SMZ-TMP DS

Learn more about SMZ-TMP DS.

Acne 2 reviews 507 medications

Meningitis 0 reviews 97 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nocardiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Otitis Media 0 reviews 146 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia 0 reviews 191 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Bladder infection 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prostatitis 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of SMZ-TMP DS reviews 7 reviews 7.5

Reviews for SMZ-TMP DS

Review by Kathy Turner (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Based on results of a urine culture, I was put on this medication. I have taken 4 pills. While at work today, my tongue was feeling like I just took a big bite of piping hot pizza. The burning feeling was quite intense and I had not eaten anything that might have caused this. I also had numbness of my lips. The last pill I took was at 7:30 am and I still have intense burning and a bit of numbness. I was puzzled and decided to look up side effects of this new medication because it was the only thing newly exposed to my body. Since these problems were listed in your side effects listing, I will immediately discontinue using it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2014 10:01 PM

Review by jszaradowski (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Taking this for sinusitis. I am an adilt taking in suspension, as I have trouble swallowing pills. It says grape and is purple in color but it tastes terrible.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 10:28 AM

Review by R.Jones (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Being that I have rheumatoid arthritis and take medication for that, finding antibiotics to treat infection isn't easy. I did not have many side effects from this medicine, as I took it how the doctor prescribed. I did have upset stomach though at first. Any infection I had, showed definite improvement within the first 36 hrs.

June 24, 2013 6:19 AM

Review by Noel Prada:

For Acne: When I had acne, I tried almost every medicine. I was in Boston in my house alone and my friend told me he had acne and he took SMZ-TMP DS. When I tried it, everything worked in a jiffy. So now when someone has acne I just tell them to try SMZ-TMP DS and you will never regret.

May 28, 2012 8:46 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: After being on this for 5 days, my urianry tract infection was *almost* gone. I had to ask for another prescription. During the time I was on it on I noticed shortness of breath, almost twice a day I tasted metal and noticed I had small nosebleeds. I also couldn't really go out in the sunlight, as it hurt my eyes a lot and my skin felt like it was burning.

March 19, 2012 2:25 PM

For Acne: I was prescribed this for my acne along with several other creams and within a month my mild acne problem was cleared up, but if I stopped taking the pills completely I would break out so instead I slowly went off the medicines and now I'm taking one every other day and have clear skin. This medicine works wonders.

October 4, 2011 5:52 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I would get a urinary tract infection when I had sex. To control the situation my doctor prescribed SMZ-TMP DS. I took one or 2 a day for years. As long as I took the pills I was not bothered with a UTI. Miss a day or 2, and UTI. Worked wonderful.

May 26, 2010 11:19 AM