User Reviews for Selenium sulfide

Also known as: Dandrex, Exsel, Glo-Sel, Head & Shoulders Intensive Treatment, Sel-Pen Blue, Selenos, SelRx, Selseb, Selsun, Selsun Blue, Tersi Foam

Learn more about Selenium sulfide.

Tinea Versicolor 5 reviews 98 medications

7.5
Seborrheic Dermatitis 0 reviews 302 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Selenium sulfide reviews 5 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Selenium sulfide

For Tinea Versicolor: "Undress. Stand in shower. Apply generous amount of selenium sulfide. Use firm bristle bath brush . Scrub affected area then shower away lotion. Fast results. About a week tinea versicolor is removed. This product is liquid brown/ beige color. Not to be confused with hair shampoo Selsun blue."

dch55 March 21, 2015

For Tinea Versicolor: "I use a prescription for selenium sulfide 2.5. I've tried using it in different ways over the years, but the way that works for me is to slather it on with a little moisture before bed, sleep in it and then wash it off in the morning. Doing this for 3 consecutive if uncomfortable nights rids me of it for about a year. I can't get that sulfur smell out of anything I wear though, so I find some old clothes that I can throw away after the third night."

MFerC April 26, 2014

Selsun (selenium sulfide) for Tinea Versicolor: "I've had tinea versicolor for about 6 years now. There have been times when the spots blend into my skin a little more, but eventually it would always come back. I recently started some research online and found all these amazing reviews for Selsun Blue. I've only been using for about a week now, but the spots have significantly faded already! The ONLY thing I will recommend is to make sure you moisturize at least once a day while using. The shampoo really dried my skin out, to the point where I could see cracks from dryness. However, as soon as I moisturize, it goes away and does not itch. Selsun is unquestionably an amazing product. I've been seeing a lot of reviews for using Lamisil as well which I will soon be trying as well."

nikki82891 February 17, 2011

Selsun (selenium sulfide) for Tinea Versicolor: "This is the best treatment for the tinea versicolor"

gerard lepecheur November 17, 2010

Selsun (selenium sulfide) for Tinea Versicolor: "I've used this shampoo continuously for almost 7 years. It's kept me from having sores on my scalp, but I still have the fungus on my skin. This product keeps it "beat back" from becoming worse but does not eradicate it. Also, my physician never suggested keeping it on the skin overnight (messy!) but I started doing this with my face and upper arms and have seen more results."

Anonymous July 21, 2010