User Reviews for Ciclopirox

Also known as: Ciclodan, CNL8 Nail, Loprox, Loprox TS, Pedipirox-4, Penlac, Penlac Nail Lacquer

Learn more about Ciclopirox.

Seborrheic Dermatitis 2 reviews 301 medications

Tinea Versicolor 0 reviews 98 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciclopirox reviews 13 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Ciclopirox

Review by driftless (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Have had toenail fungus on 4 toes of one foot. Big and little toes for 50 years. Other 2 for 10 years. Tried all sorts of creams. Also spread to my heal. I dealt with my heal first. Continued emery board use after showers and got rid of that. Used ciclopirox on the toes for 2 years. Applied once per day. It is sticky. I let it dry a little and then put my white sock on. The cotton of the sock stuck to the polish a little per day. In 2 weeks a mat forms that can be pulled off after a shower to start over again. No need to try to remove the polish with solvent every week. 3 nails are now fungus free. The big toe is 70% free. I've started again on the big toe.

March 7, 2014 2:59 PM

Review by Gennel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have had 3 of my toenails in BAD shape for years. After 5 yrs or so my right big toenail was 75% infected. I could slide a toothpick in it about3/4 of an inch! I've tried Several home remedies, tea tree oil and other over the counter meds and no improvement. My mom had this ciclopirox nail lacquer that she barely used and gave it to me. I figured what's the harm. I took a picture after a month with some improvement. It's been about 4 months and I am SOOO happy with the progress!!! Before I had 75% infected hollow nail. Now I have 25% infected. It has grown in nice and pink and the nail is no longer hollow :) I have not used it every day. I use it like 3 -4 times a week. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS SO FAR!

October 25, 2013 2:40 PM

Review by babysteph26 (taken for less than 1 month):

Ciclodan (ciclopirox) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: It literally worked overnight! I painted it on my toes and then the next day I was able to slide a file under my ingrown toenail and get it out! Works great and fast!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2013 12:09 AM

Review by conniebky (taken for less than 1 month):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I've only been using this for 2 weeks. I don't file my toenails or anything like I've read here. They are not thick. They hurt - well, burn. They haven't been burning since about one week on this. It was only $12 with my insurance and I can already tell a huge difference!

April 19, 2013 9:47 PM

Review by Pecan05:

Penlac (ciclopirox) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been using "Penlac" since May 2011 and have found that my toenail has been Feeling and Looking a lot healthier since the treatment. I was very surprised at how fast I saw a difference. It was however very expensive. I am very satisfied at the results and well worth the price of a nice Nail.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2011 4:23 PM

Review by tATITA:

Penlac Nail Lacquer (ciclopirox) for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: Been using the cream form ciclopirox for two weeks. My nails are less painful and I have noticed softer skin in the nail because I have keratosis between nail and nail bed. Hopefully in six months my nails will be healthy again.

December 30, 2010 10:05 AM

Review by Bustopher Jones:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I used this every single day for a year. In between visits to my podiatrist, once a week I filed the nails down (using a fresh emery board for each filing), rubbed the nail with alcohol, then applied the ciclopirox solution. It took a FULL year, but the fungus seems to be gone. This was my second bout with toenail fungus; the first time I took Lamisil by mouth, but it made me sick, so I had to stop.

February 13, 2010 3:28 PM

Review by Eddie A:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I've had toenail fungus for 40 years and tried many medications. My toenails would turn black and fall off. One doctor suggested that letting them fall off was a viable solution. Wonder what they teach in medical school these days. The only thing that helped was itraconozol which is a hazard to the liver. A dermatologist prescribed ciclopirox. I used a dremel tool to grind the infected nail down thinner and applied the ciclopirox. In 3 weeks the black fungus festerd up which I ground off. This is the most effective treatment I've used. There is a 90% improvement in this time period.

October 27, 2009 10:19 AM

Review by smbaxter1265:

Penlac Nail Lacquer (ciclopirox) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I used this for 2 years and it controlled my fungus but did not get rid of it.

May 7, 2009 1:39 PM

Review by linda w:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been painting my toenail for 12 weeks and I have about 1 fourth of a new nail that is clear. I believe this will take some months in getting a good result but have tried so many other treatments that didn't work at all. I have hope.

April 13, 2009 8:02 PM

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Used this for over a year and did not have any improvements. Sticky polish and takes a long time to dry.

April 1, 2009 8:46 PM

Review by Morg:

Loprox (ciclopirox) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: Loprox is excellent. I had excessive amounts of Seborrheic Dermititis. The solution cleared it up within a week. Yes, it does somewhat burn at first but in all reality is the best skin care on the market. I really do recommend that you speak to your doctor about Loprox.

October 31, 2008 2:08 PM

Loprox (ciclopirox) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: My mother let me use some of this for my head and I can say that it does work. Although being a shampoo you may accidently use more than you think you are. Took about 6 applications before my head was completely clear. Of course it's no cure - yes it does work very well.

March 21, 2008 10:54 AM