User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 56 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Tinea Corporis 1 reviews 114 medications

Oral Thrush 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Versicolor 0 reviews 98 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Miconazole reviews 91 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Miconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought the 3 day cream to treat an extremely mild yeast infection. Immediately after inserting the medicine, the area felt like it was on fire! Thinking it was the yeast infection getting worse, I did the second dose. Once again, the burning was intense and I couldn't sleep. The box says "mild increase in vaginal burning and itching may occur". What it should of said is " It will feel like fire burning for hours and intense itching most likely will occur". I'd rather put up with a yeast infection than use this stuff ever again."

Fire in the Hole (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm 20 years old and this would be my first YI .I thought I had a yeast infection about a year ago (turns out it was a bacterial infection) so I went ahead and bought the miconazole cream and and did the 7 day treatment ... no burning no itching just didn't treat my infection which wasn't even a YI ... FAST FOWARD TO NOW ... well this IS IN FACT a YI so I went and bought Monistat 7 day cream, took a shower and did my first insert before I went to bed within 2 minutes the ITCHING GOT 1000X WORSE ! I couldn't sit still I was squirming all over the bathroom!! It burns like crazy !! I'm about 45 mins in and it has calmed. Hopefully tmw is better :/"

mirandag95 July 27, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am 18 years old and this is my first yeast infection. My mom got me the 3-day monistat. I'm only on the first day and I'm miserable! It's 2am and I'm in tears because it burns so bad."

marybeth1997 July 26, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "First night on the 1 day/night with the pessary. The itching and burning was so bad it woke me up out of my sleep. It's been years since I've had a yeast infection. Called my Dr to see if he would write me a rx for a YI. Just got off antibiotics so didn't think it would be a problem. He told me to use the otc. Next time I will press the issue for the pill. This itching and burning is insane!!! Wouldn't wish this on anybody. It's 5:00 am and just getting some relief hours later. Good luck ladies!"

itchycat July 25, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm 17 years old and this is my first yeast infection. My mom had a yeast infection before so she recommended using monistat. Dude I never experienced such a burning pain itch in my life. I thought the infection was bad but oh my goodness this hurt so bad. When I first inserted it, it was okay. Then like 2 mins later it started burning and itching. About maybe a half hr later it went away. The actual infection felt a lot better. This is my second day using the 7 day cream thing. I'm currently in pain from day 2. Hopefully it'll stop soon. Thank gosh I'm not the only one going through this!!"

Gi220 July 24, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I've had I guess chronic yeast infections this year. About 4 this year. Now I have a yeast infection YET AGAIN! it's mild and not too severe. No swelling just a moderate burning and itch with the discharge and redness. I bought the monistat 3 day cream applicators only. Omg.... last night was possibly the worst syptoms I've ever had. It was burning and itching! I felt like a torch was on my vagina but it only lasted 1 1/2 hours and then it was manageable. Now it looks better and it's less irritated. I guess I'll finish it.. ughhhhhh god help me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Monistat 7 Night 2: Felt better during the day but not 5 minutes after insertion it's as if a swarm of Mosquitos and a family of chiggers decided to break bread within my vagina but were subsequently removed by an invasion of fire ants who are drunk off Fireball and like to play with matches. I'm afraid to move with disrupting the fire ants. They're an aggressive breed."

Fire Ant Queen July 24, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "OM Freakin G!!!! I've had YIs before but this takes the cake. I've used Monistat a few times and I never experienced such burning as I'm experiencing now. It's starting to cool off but damn. This is only day 1 and I hope it's only the first day. I'd like to think it's because the medication is reacting to the irritation from instance itching I was doing down there before buying the cream. Lol. Because unless Monistat change their ingredients, I can't think of any other logical reason for this severe burning like never before."

Lauren S. July 23, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'd had mild symptoms of a yeast infection two days before realizing that what my symptoms were indicating was a YI. I'm 18 and this was my first YI ever so I decided to go with the Monistat 3 day cream treatment and after applying it the first day my symptoms felt even worse! The burning and itching was intensified, but only for about 30 mins or so. After that, I could lay down and sleep comfortably. The next day it was more swollen down there than the day before however I continued treatment and have just finished day 3 with swelling completely gone and irritation and itching minimal. The vulvar cream that comes with it causes the it to itch and burn also, but like the applicator cream, only for a little while until you feel some relief."

63156 July 19, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm 9 weeks pregnant and was told to use Monistat 7 by my gyno... she could've warned me! The itching and burning from the treatment is worse than the infection itself! Had I not Googled it and found this page I would've washed it out in the shower and called her back tomorrow. Thanks for all the reviews ladies, glad I'm not alone in this... cheers to feeling better tomorrow!"

Kjblan July 19, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is absolutely horrible!!! First of all, it is 3 in the morning and I am still awake, in the bathroom, squirming and nearly crying from the itching and pain. This is by far one thousand times worse than the actual infection (which I'm pretty sure was almost gone!!!!) I must have done something horrible to deserve this, because it feels like someone is pouring acid down my cooter. If I move, it gets worse. I am in hell. Vagina hell. All of that abstinence stuff is starting to make sense now because I had sex and now I feel like I'm dying."

I Angered the Vagina Gods July 17, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Omfg I'm 18 years old my gyno suggested I try this first, she said to use before bed so I used the application sand I can't stop squirming around. I have a burning sensation inside and it's actually driving me insane. I'm reading up on everyone else's experience and it seems like no one is getting sleep.... Great. I need relief I hope it better in the morning ...."

Tayl July 13, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had my first yeast infection this week, I was beyond scared! I bought Miconazole 3 from CVS (the 3 day combination pack, it came with 3 prefilled applicators and a small tube of external vulvar cream). On the first night that I used the inserts (the prefilled applicator), it started to itch even more for like 15-30 minutes! I was really scared, then I read the side effects. After the intense itching, it instantly started to cool down and when I woke up the next morning I felt 100% better! The swelling, itching and irritation were gone. It was worth the brief itching side effect. I also love the vulvar cream that comes with it. It really does work! I kept using the treatment for the entire 3 days even though I was feeling better. Worth it!"

flipflopsandpearls (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I usually use the equate off brand of monistat and have no problem whatsoever. Decided to use the monistat brand, my vagina is on fire. Have an ice pack on now....never again will I use this."

Kk1994 July 8, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So this was my first time self treating a Y.I, I used the monistat 3 day treatment with the cream applicator. It immediately stopped my itching and I haven't had any problems with the burning sensation like some of the other users."

Ling Lang July 8, 2015

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Im 15 & I had my first YI about a month ago, I used Monistat 3 day pill thing & it worked great! There was a lot of discharge but besides that, it was great! I got my 2nd YI & got the Monistat 3 day cream & I used it & it burns so bad! I was so close to getting back in the bath so wash it all out. I went online first to see if it was normal & I saw that it was.. It still burns but not as much, I pray it isnt like that for the 2nd day. I was almost in tears!"

Anonymous July 8, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I bought the 3 day medication. FI rat night was the worst, I felt like my vagina was on fire and could not sleep. But the next day I felt so much better ! & the second time using it isn't even half as bad. Honestly, if you can get through the first night you can do it. And it really works ! I'm pleased :)"

Guideon33 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Holy smokes im 26 weeks pregnant i have a yi im treating it with 7 day monistat today is my first day and i have a forest fire in my pants it itches so bad if i did not read other womens post i would think something was seriously wrong lol i hope this stuff works because so far i went from yi to forest fire icth a thon i cant wait to fall asleep pregnancy is no joke i think the yi is the worst part no i take that back treating the yi is the worst goodnight ladies"

Firsttimemom (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is the most uncomfortable experience of my life. I put it on before bed and ended up staying up till 3 am. More burning and irritation than before medication. So terrible. I suggest oral pills. Fuck this"

Askher3 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Okay so this is my first time having a YI I'm 17 and I was so scared at first! I told my sister my situation and she recommended the monistat 7 saying the others didn't work. Well I'm on night 4 right now and that pain is so horrible! The fact that you have to take the cream before bed makes it really hard for me to fall asleep. The pain gets so bad I have to distract myself so I won't burst out into tears. This has been such a long week and I dread every night I have to go to bed "

Anonymous July 4, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Didn't read any reviews before buying this product. Without thinking and wanting quick relief I decided to buy the 1 day treatment. Now I feel like I am on FIRE!!"

Anonymous July 3, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This cream works well i have had no problem with intense itching although all my irratating itching has been extiror but even with that i have not had the problem intensify "

Anonymous July 2, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I brought the Target Up & Up brand 1 day treatment which has 1200 mg of miconazole. First, wear a pad! Second, it feels like after you take the medication, it has to get worse before it gets better. I'm only on day two discharge is worse that before I took the 1-day treatment. YI are the worse, just plain and simple and their is no way to get rid of it without being uncomfortable."

CandaceR June 29, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Omg!"

nogoodbruhvag June 28, 2015

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After having been misdiagnosed with a yeast infection, diagnosed with BV, treated with Metronidazole gel and then developing a yeast infection because of the gel, I've been three weeks with pants of fire. If you're reading this, you might know the feeling. I did three doses of Diflucan and no relief. Dizziness and general crummy feeling, but still burning and itching. One dose of M3 and I thought I was in Heaven. No burning. It was relief within an hour (and I was terrified of all the burning reviews). Not everyone reacts the same. One day and I'm looking forward to dose 2. The cooling effect is wearing off and I want this thing gone. Monistat 3 cream was my savior!"

Misdiagnosed 2 June 27, 2015