Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Transderm-Scop

Learn more about Transderm-Scop.

Reviews for Transderm-Scop to treat Nausea/Vomiting

I was prescribed this medication to treat nausea and vomiting. The 1st day I put the patch on as directed. For an hour after I felt light-headed then side effects went away. 2nd day I noticed dryness in throat/eyes/nose, however, I was finally able to hold down liquids but not food. 3rd day when removed (same time I put it on) I noticed a whelp where the patch was. Stopped use. 4th day, woke up to find the white of my eyes were red, pupils dilated, painful, and blurred vision. Contacted Dr. who confirmed it was a side effect to stop use.

April 17, 2012 10:58 PM

Review by Pennsylvania:

It didn't work so well for me. I had the patch worn behind the ear for 3 days. Patch stays in place even after showering, which surprised me. Just wish it worked better. The vomiting decreased, but left me with endless dry heaves and mad hiccups.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2011 4:12 AM

Review by sarahmariemiller:

This medicine helped slightly with nausea and vomiting when many others failed. It is worn on a patch behind the ear and changed every three days. After 2 weeks I suddenly became allergic, probably from a build-up, and broke out in huge welts where the patch was placed. I was then switched to the pill form, Scopace, with negative side effects after a period of time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate