User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Reviews for Paroxetine to treat Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

Review by LilyMiami:

Paxil CR (paroxetine): I was prescribed Paxil 10mg for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I've been taking it for two weeks and I feel so much better! It also helps with my social anxiety as well. I feel calmer, centered and more assertive. It makes me less emotional and somewhat experience "flat effect" which could be bad in certain situations. In first two days I felt very nauseated and couldn't eat and lost 5 pounds however I noticed my appetite has increased and I'm watching my weight! So far so good. (Note: SSRI's works differently on pre-menstrual women and improvements is seems in the very first cycle at least in my case).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2013 1:43 PM

Review by Rustybite:

I have been taking Paxil for approximately 5 years. I have had severe mood swings prior to my monthly menses since I was approximately 14. I am 53 and I am grateful that Paxil is available. During my pre-menopause I was having months with 2 periods and the mood swings were incredibly difficult to deal with. My husband was considering leaving me as he could not handle it. Since taking the Paxil, I rarely have mood swings, and I only wish this drug had been available years ago as I would have not only taken it faithfully but been a huge advocate. I am not a drug taker as a rule, but even with side effects, the quality of my life has improved 100%.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate