User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Reviews for Paroxetine to treat Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

"I have had anxiety all my life but refused medications. I had my second child in 2013 and had post partum depression & anxiety attacks really bad November of the same year. I tried Lexapro but I had a bad reaction to it. My depression, panic attacks got so bad that I quit cold turkey. I went on a few more months without meds, just cried a lot, prayed and one day while in church I had the worst panic attack ever. I thought I was going to die and the thought of leaving behind children made me scared. I decided I have suffered TOO long and I was going to get on medication. My doctor started me on 10 mg of Paroxetine, I had dizziness, increased panic attacks but a low dose Valium helped. I upped dose to 20mg& what a difference! I feel joy again."

NervouswreckMe January 23, 2015

Paxil CR (paroxetine): "I was prescribed Paxil 10mg for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I've been taking it for two weeks and I feel so much better! It also helps with my social anxiety as well. I feel calmer, centered and more assertive. It makes me less emotional and somewhat experience "flat effect" which could be bad in certain situations. In first two days I felt very nauseated and couldn't eat and lost 5 pounds however I noticed my appetite has increased and I'm watching my weight! So far so good. (Note: SSRI's works differently on pre-menstrual women and improvements is seems in the very first cycle at least in my case)."

LilyMiami June 18, 2013

"I have been taking Paxil for approximately 5 years. I have had severe mood swings prior to my monthly menses since I was approximately 14. I am 53 and I am grateful that Paxil is available. During my pre-menopause I was having months with 2 periods and the mood swings were incredibly difficult to deal with. My husband was considering leaving me as he could not handle it. Since taking the Paxil, I rarely have mood swings, and I only wish this drug had been available years ago as I would have not only taken it faithfully but been a huge advocate. I am not a drug taker as a rule, but even with side effects, the quality of my life has improved 100%."

Rustybite January 10, 2010