User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1800 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

"Has helped control my pain for a long time."

Anonymous March 22, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have chronic thoracic back pain. I've been through nerve blocks, acupuncture, physical therapy, 3 chiropracters, 2 orthopedic surgeons, 1 neurosurgeon, 2 pain doctor's. Vicodin, Percocet, Kadian (very expensive). Insurance refused to pay anymore finally switched to oxycodone. Still have breakthrough pain with to much physical activity. "

robair1 March 22, 2012

"This medicine was a God send to ease my chronic pain in my back after falling off a roof and breaking my hip and spine."

Roofer #1 March 15, 2012

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I agree with everyone. This is the best pain medicine I have ever used. I had Discitis which led to a Lumbar Lamenectomy and Multi Facet Joint Fusions. I take 30mg every 4 hours. It used to take the pain away every time but now it's not working too well. I am going to see my Pain Management Doctor to ask for help. "

otstratman March 11, 2012

"This medication helped me survive until they found the real problem with my back, which took about a year and several progressively invasive procedures. I can say in my experience that after surgery I continued having pain but once I weened off and my own endorphins kicked in I actually felt much better. Even my pharmacist said there have been cases of the medicine actually causing pain and I experienced it. I will say in my experience there is a difference in generic medications vs name brand and even differences in different manufacturers. "

Rzilla March 2, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I am 56 with degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia and just underwent rhizotomy on lumbar. That still did not help with the pain. I also broke my back in 2000 which was not treated and my spine is deformed. I suffer so much, I also tried everyting, this is magnificent it only takes 15mg."

abigstepup February 26, 2012

"I have been on oxcycodone for almost 3 yrs. I have chronic back pain. Have 2 spinal fusions, the first 1 failed. I have a cracked vertabra and another bulging disc, I have degenerative disc diasease and this medication has done wonders for me. I still have a great deal of pain but not nearly as bad as I used to. Just like many of you I have been on all kinds of pain medicines that never worked and I was prescribed 30 mg 3 times a day and 10 mg 3 x's for breakthrough and it helps alot. I can go to my childrens sporting events now, I can do a few things now that I was not able to do."

Anonymous February 26, 2012

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "After 11 back surgeries (cervical,lumbar) due to scoliosis,and degenerative disc disease,I finally feel almost normal again. I have complete pain relief from my 3 a day Roxy 30 mg. and Fentanyl patch 150 mg. I have actually been cutting back on my Roxy as my condition improves. With virtually no side effects (constipation, sometimes drowsimess) this has kept me comfortable through all my surgeries and recoveries. Take only as directed by your Dr,and you too can experience freedom from your chronic pain. Highly recommended!"

MRSDJMCW February 24, 2012

"I had my first back surgery 10 years ago fusion L-5 S-1 I was pain free for about 5 years, then the pain returned. I went to a pain clinic and went through many epedural injections which did not help. The doctor finally put on Oxycontin 15mg immediate release which reduced my pain greatly. I found the two discs above my surgery were fractured so I had to go through another surgery. The surgeon refused to give oxycodone after my surgery and I was in a lot of pain. I finally got in to see my pain doctor and he was appalled that the surgeon did not give oxys. People think you are a junkie when you tell them you are taking them, but I don't care they are the only things that help my pain."

rabidr February 21, 2012

"I have severe osteoarthritis in my knees and was given Mobic, Celebrex, Voltaren and ibuprofen 800 at different times nothing helped. Then I had dental surgery and was given 10mg of Lortabs. Wow I could walk, I didnot literally have to almost crawl out of work, walk my dog, clean my house and play with my grandkids. I've put on 80 lbs since I cannot move when I get off work. I only had medicines for 10 days and it was a miracle."

tawnalee February 19, 2012

"I have lived in pain for over 7 years (if you can even call that living). Living in different states over these 7 years I have been to many doctors that have tried many different types of medications to help me with the pain. The best ANY of these medicines would do is help me with the severe headaches that the pain would actually cause. THEN I was introduced to Oxycodone. The pain was reduced to almost none at all. "

Feeling better Now February 1, 2012

"I've had 14 surgeries and been in 3 coma's all from motorcycle racing. I've broken almost every bone in my body. I have taken almost all the pain medication including shots (that did not work). This is the only medicine that will relieve my pain by about 30%. "

Stephen Wood January 31, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have suffered with degenerative disc disease, 5 herniated discs and arthritis in my lumbar spine and neck. I have taken every medicine available, have tried all the injections but NOTHING works like Oxycontin. I now have a very rare form of Leukemia which doubled the pain that I was already in. "

Raptor660rider January 25, 2012

"Having dealt with extreme back pain for years, I finally found a pain management doctor who prescribed oxycodone. I have several herniated discs in my lumbar back, previous cervical disc removal with fusion and have material "floating" in my back, pressing on my sciatic nerve in 3 different areas. Before the oxycodone, I would sit at work and suffer for 12 hours at a time, praying for something to take away the pain. I would rock back and forth trying to take my mind off the pain. "

Glad4OC January 8, 2012

"I'm 32yrs old and have been a dancer for 16 years. I was diagnosed with degenerated disc disease 8 years ago and was put on Lortab 7.5mg 4 times a day then about 3yrs ago I had a very bad slip and fall and that caused 2 bulged discs in my neck. I also have mild scoliosis and moderate arthritis. I would not be able to have the physical profession that I do without oxycodone. I've been taking 180mg a day for 3 years. This medicine has been able to keep me living a productive life! I'm so happy I have read all these posts.. Thanks to all of you!"

sweetgirl1979 January 5, 2012

"Excellent for relief of pain."

Anonymous December 20, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "This medicine was great. Like you all say I got my life back, but then I started to get to where I felt like I was 80 years old in the morning I had severe leg cramps causing me to walk like a 80 year old women would walk, and I am only 46. I had pain in my calves and in my heels, shoulder pain severe. I could not sit or stand for long periods of time. I kept telling myself that it not the Roxy I was on that was causing me so much pain because I like how it let me get my work done. But then when I started feeling the horrible pain in my calves that I could barely walk and made me very weak like I could not do my normal stuff, it put me into a depression because I felt like I was old before my time."

BlondyLocks10 December 17, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have taken oxycodone for 2 years now. I had back surgery to repair a vertebrae that had been destroyed by cancer. I was on morphine for a while, but my wife complained that I was loopy on it. The oxycodone has been much better in that regard as well as pain relief. I take 40mgs twice a day and am very happy with the results."

Anonymous December 13, 2011

"Had disc replaced L5- S1 with laminectomy plus 2 rods and 4 screws inserted, pain was unbearable while taking Vicodin. Finally was prescribed 30mg oxycodone 3 times a day. I am doing things I haven't been able to do in years. Excellent when taken as prescribed."

backagain December 13, 2011

"Great for breakthrough pain. "

Anonymous December 4, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "This is a good medication to take for pain, when you can acquire it. Right now it is rather difficult to get my prescriptions filled. "

Sooninpain November 26, 2011

"Is great for pain."

Anonymous November 24, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on this medicine for about 11 to 12 years and found it to be the most effective and most tolerable for me. I have had to have my dosage raised over the 12 year period and take 210 mg over a 24 hr period, which is quite high. I don't believe I will have it raised from this level though because eventually the higher dose won't work either so I have decided that I will just have to live with some degree of pain and limit what I'm able to do. I also feel it causes erectile dysfunction and have talked to many others who say the same thing. I believe it affects many more than the 1% they claim with erectile dysfunction. Probably closer to 98% in reality."

Anonymous November 16, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Roxicodone has improved the quality of my life exponentially. Like so many others on this site, chronic pain has been a debilitating nuisance for me, one that I initially dismissed as a sign of aging. As my doctor confirmed a sciatic nerve compression, I was given Roxicodone to manage my aches and pain. Immediately, I felt years younger -- no longer am I stuck avoiding everyday tasks, such as grocery shopping, for fear that the pain will ruin my day. This medication has also improved my performance at work and at school, as I am able to concentrate without random aches and pains distracting me. I feel more rested when I wake up in the morning. Yes, this is a "serious" drug, but taking it as prescribed will get your life back - seriously!"

Quetzalcoatl November 15, 2011

"This medicine is the only medicine that I find to help with the pain."

pam n jb November 8, 2011