User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1832 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

Review by BlondyLocks10:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): This medicine was great. Like you all say I got my life back, but then I started to get to where I felt like I was 80 years old in the morning I had severe leg cramps causing me to walk like a 80 year old women would walk, and I am only 46. I had pain in my calves and in my heels, shoulder pain severe. I could not sit or stand for long periods of time. I kept telling myself that it not the Roxy I was on that was causing me so much pain because I like how it let me get my work done. But then when I started feeling the horrible pain in my calves that I could barely walk and made me very weak like I could not do my normal stuff, it put me into a depression because I felt like I was old before my time.

December 17, 2011 3:23 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have taken oxycodone for 2 years now. I had back surgery to repair a vertebrae that had been destroyed by cancer. I was on morphine for a while, but my wife complained that I was loopy on it. The oxycodone has been much better in that regard as well as pain relief. I take 40mgs twice a day and am very happy with the results.

December 13, 2011 9:14 AM

Review by backagain:

Had disc replaced L5- S1 with laminectomy plus 2 rods and 4 screws inserted, pain was unbearable while taking Vicodin. Finally was prescribed 30mg oxycodone 3 times a day. I am doing things I haven't been able to do in years. Excellent when taken as prescribed.

December 13, 2011 5:51 AM

Great for breakthrough pain.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2011 5:01 PM

Review by Sooninpain:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): This is a good medication to take for pain, when you can acquire it. Right now it is rather difficult to get my prescriptions filled.

November 26, 2011 5:15 PM

Is great for pain.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2011 11:31 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been on this medicine for about 11 to 12 years and found it to be the most effective and most tolerable for me. I have had to have my dosage raised over the 12 year period and take 210 mg over a 24 hr period, which is quite high. I don't believe I will have it raised from this level though because eventually the higher dose won't work either so I have decided that I will just have to live with some degree of pain and limit what I'm able to do. I also feel it causes erectile dysfunction and have talked to many others who say the same thing. I believe it affects many more than the 1% they claim with erectile dysfunction. Probably closer to 98% in reality.

November 16, 2011 9:06 PM

Review by Quetzalcoatl:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): Roxicodone has improved the quality of my life exponentially. Like so many others on this site, chronic pain has been a debilitating nuisance for me, one that I initially dismissed as a sign of aging. As my doctor confirmed a sciatic nerve compression, I was given Roxicodone to manage my aches and pain. Immediately, I felt years younger -- no longer am I stuck avoiding everyday tasks, such as grocery shopping, for fear that the pain will ruin my day. This medication has also improved my performance at work and at school, as I am able to concentrate without random aches and pains distracting me. I feel more rested when I wake up in the morning. Yes, this is a "serious" drug, but taking it as prescribed will get your life back - seriously!

November 15, 2011 12:57 AM

Review by pam n jb:

This medicine is the only medicine that I find to help with the pain.

November 8, 2011 4:00 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been diagnosed with Lumbar Spondylosis, Lumbar Canal Stenosis and Lumbar Radiculopathy. Oxycontin helps to keep my back pain down so I can walk. I had surgery on 11-15-2010 and they put two rods in my back but the pain is still there.

November 7, 2011 3:32 PM

Review by loving wife:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): My husband has degenerative disc disease. He has had a two level spinal fusion on his L5 and S1 discs as well as two rods and six screws of hardware in his spine. He was only 27 years old when this injury happened. I totally feel for anyone who has to suffer from back pain. It changed his life forever. Normal activities that people take for granted everyday were almost impossible for him to do. He's been through numerous doctors and has tried every pain medication out there. He now takes 30mg roxicodone 6 times a day. It has totally been a lifesaver for him and given him his quality of life back. He still has some pain and bad days but nothing like before.

November 5, 2011 9:58 PM

Review by HARLEYPENNY:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Life is livable again. I have had no side effects. I stay very aware of the possibility for abuse so am very careful. I count my pills throughout the month and have to give a urine sample every couple months at the pain clinic. I have been on the same dose..60 mg every 12 hours for approx. 5 years. I cannot go back to life before I was placed on this medicine. There has been and always will be people who will abuse pain medicines and I can understand why doctors are so afraid to prescribe them but someone has to stand up and treat people like myself so we can get out of bed and face the day.

November 2, 2011 3:28 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone): I thank God everyday for this medication. I have pain in both of my knees and my lower back and both feet has spurs. I am only 47 yrs old, without Oxycontin I would not have a good life. I thank the makers of the wonderful pill because I can enjoy my life without suffering with pain.

October 24, 2011 7:45 AM

I wouldn't have a life without oxycodone and Oxycontin. I take 30mg oxycodone 4 to 5 times a day and 40mg Oxycontin 2 times a day. Without these I couldn't function. I have neuropathy, fibromyalgia and arthritis throughout my body. I as many others I read said, am so sick of being looked at like I'm a junkie when I run a successful business I could never do without this medication. Take as prescribed and you are fine. I don't abuse it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2011 9:25 PM

Review by old sailor:

OxyContin (oxycodone): My doctor took me through a number of different medicines prior to starting Oxycontin. I have found that I sleep and eat better on Oxycontin. More importantly I function better on Oxycontin, including being able to care for myself. Since I began taking it my insurance tried to force me to the "generic" Oxycodone ER. Oxycodone made me physically ill whenever it released, it's continued use would have made me totally reliant on outside help as I live alone with closest family over 2,000 miles away. Since the Oxycodone affair we have tried other medicines and nothing works as well without the physical illness. I have ankylosing spondylitis and am looking at chronic pain.

October 18, 2011 11:02 AM

Review by The_PC_Doctor:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I was prescribed this medication following a motor cycles accident (R.Leg broken 4 places/L.Wrist fractures both sides of joint/Broken Pelvis/Fractured Vertebrae). I currently take 70mg twice a day and it helped with the pain. At 80mg I found everything a bit distant. So I end up taking the 70mg twice a day and wow how it helps is great. Whilst I am still in pain, I can function these day. I go to work full time (Computer operator). Good medication, well worth taking.

October 12, 2011 8:11 AM

Review by Krazy K:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Oxycontin helped me through pain from a recent auto accident.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2011 4:43 AM

Review by luvcatzlotz:

Due to the pain of chronic pancreatitis, I was nonfunctional. Have a meal, shower when necessary, seldom wear anything but night clothes, ONLY go out to the doctor and would avoid the grocery store if possible. Now I clean my house, cook gourmet meals and would like to resume a small part of my former active lifestyle-maybe next summer fishing and camping. Without this medicine I had lost my desire to live due to constant, unabating abdominal pain. Now, I have a "what's next" attitude instead of "I'm hurting so badly I wish I were dead". I can live with the stigma and I do get negative attitudes from concerned family, but they even see the good that has come from this medicine, and also see the massive improvement in my life.

October 6, 2011 11:06 AM

Review by DirtyButtSaq:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Relieves chronic back pain faster and lasts longer than most other pain medications.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2011 8:26 PM

Review by manic573:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I've been on Oxycontin for 10 years. First for severe osteoarthritis. 5 years ago had failed bilateral knee replacements. In the future they are supposed to be recalling my knee replacements, but for now I can't live without my Oxycontin. I started out with 20 mg twice a day. Now I take 120mg 3 times a day and Percocet 10/650 for breakthrough pain 4 times a day. I can't walk without it.

September 28, 2011 9:37 AM

Review by papwalker:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Chronic Pancreatitis and Post-op pain management for Laparoscopic Pancreatic Gluconoma NE tumor Excision. With oxycodone 20mg/ 12 hours. Take exactly as directed and it works great. Able to work and play. Very rarely need 5 mg Oxycodone immediate release. Shame there is increasing stigma from abusers.

September 26, 2011 9:55 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone): By far the only things that's touched my back pain. Got 3 rods, 6 pins going from T10-T12. Been on literally every pain medicine except the pump.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2011 6:55 PM

Like most of the comments I have read I take this medicine to function from having severe back pain from a epidural gone wrong I also get severe menstrual cramps that feel like contractions its like I am giving birth once a month I have four young children who need my constant attention and without this medicine I would not be able to do simple things. Other medicine would just make me feel funny and I would still be crying from how much pain I had, not to mention being irritated just because of pain I was always having. Now I take 80mg a day, sometimes less my pain would be so severe in the morning that I could not stand. Now I get up feeling pretty good and when I don't need it I don't take.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2011 2:15 AM

Review by femalegrhd:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I been taking Oxycontin for over 10 years. Started at 10mg and slowly up to now 60mg. I have always been prescribed for 2xday. But being a former alcoholic, I only took one tablet per day and Vicodin 500mg for break through pain. It is the only way I would be able to have any type of quality of life. I suffer from Degenerative Disc disease, 3 Herniated discs, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and now Sjogrens. I am 49 and disabled to work but I do not want to be disabled from life. My grandbabies need their grandma! You can abuse aspirin if you chose to but if you take the medicines correctly and do not abuse - it will give you some degree of life. Life is to be with quality and this medicine has helped me.

September 21, 2011 3:22 AM

Review by ghanson28:

It works the best for controlling my pain on a daily basis. I have two herniated disc pushing on my sciatic nerve.

September 10, 2011 5:53 PM