User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 375 reviews 908 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 118 reviews 106 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 493 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Oxycodone

For Chronic Pain: "I've been in 4 car accidents in 9 yrs here in LA. The last accident they cut me from my vehicle. I was ran into by a drunk driver. 3 bulging disc in my neck and 5 in my lower back and all of ligaments torn on my lower left back. I was in agony. I couldn't sleep, sit and standing and walking had me hunched over like a little old lady. The doctors started out with 10/325's. I ate those like candy. Finally the pain mgt specialist gave me 10 mg oxycodones twice a day. Those worked but they upped the dosage to 20mg twice a day. I finally got back into the pool last week and swam for 30 mins. I was so happy I cried. This medicine has helped me so much."

Los Angeles (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Was prescribed oxi due to back pain. Never took meds in the last 30 yrs of my life. I took only one of these and I'm laying on a gurney right now. Suffered a minor stroke. If it wasn't for my wife and her dillegence to call 911 id be dead right now. Watch the documary on Oxi then decide whether this drug is safe. The list of side affects is longer than my arm. Be wise and prudent before you decide to swallow any meds. Be safe"

Mountain man 7 July 19, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I had three surgeries in 3 weeks and oxy really kept the pain under control. I have since run out and the Dr. doesn't want to refill so I'm now suffering along with only Tylenol. :)"

MN Guy July 18, 2015

For Pain: "Have been on oxycodone 30 mg for about 4 years,have DDD and anular radial tear.. Basically my back is wrecked.. Tried all other types of meds but none made my life worth living again like the oxycodone.. Although I'm prescribed 5 a day I find some days don't need all 5..wish ppl would not abuse meds because have made it hard for the ones who do!"

Big Dave 19 July 17, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Relief from fybro & arthritis"

annoe (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have Fibromyalgia and major back problems. Recently, I visited the ER for my back, and they gave me Tylenol 3, which did nothing for my pain. I went to the doctor a few days later and told him I need something stronger, and he prescribed me 10mg of oxycontin twice per day. I can only tolerate taking one per day (any more makes me throw up), but since starting this medicine, it has significantly reduced my all around pain levels by at least 85%! I am grateful for this medicine."

Victoria W. July 15, 2015

For Pain: "it does help"

John boy 10 July 14, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Have never taken anything better for pain, and have tryed them all highly recommend them.10mg every 4 hours"

streetse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2015

OxyIR (oxycodone) for Pain: "Works well for my condition."

Bob Albury July 3, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I've delt with chronic pain the last 11 years, since I was 23. And as anyone with chronic pain knows, it's never going to completely go away. We just want a break, some type of relief from the constant agony. In the wiiiide variety of opiod pain meds, roxicodone has brought me the most consistent pain relief paired with my muscle relaxer (Baclofen). I swear I've tried just about everything, trying to find that "happy medium" I personally try to find the least amount of medication I need to be on to function. These seem to do that for me, aside from fentanyl patches and then a med for break thru. Everyone is a bit different though, and our tolerance for medications and how our body metabolizes it varies as well. But for me, it works!!"

SiNisterBarbieDoll® (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 29, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I noticed that a side effect or roxicodone is body aches and pains. The reason I am taking it is because of chronic, severe body aches and pains, especially in my lower back and legs. Is the remedy causing the problem? I guess I will never know because my insurance company will not pre-authorize an MRI."

majorpainalways June 4, 2015

For Pain: "7.5/300 Vicodin = 15mg Generic Oxycodone Not very effective for torn ankle ligament"

BuffySummers June 1, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I've had a chronic pain for over 9 years now due to fibromyalgia and rheumatoid after I had a neck fusion back in 2005. Every day I hav a lot of pain that I couldn't get out of bed without takin my med first. I'm on OxyContin 20 mg 2 a day every 12 hrs. and Percocet 10/325 4 a day for break through. OxyContin doesn't work for me real good it'll last about 3 to 4 hours then I have to take Percocet after for breakthrough to help my pain some more. So altogether with this 2 medication I still have a lot of pain that I'm coping with. I wish the doctor would increase the OxyContin but he doesn't want to so I have to live with all this pain everyday for almost 10 yrs. now, you know it's real bad to live with chronic pain everyday. SomeoneHelpMe."

BrandonYen (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I have back pain that I have had for over 25 years. As I get older it gets worse on a scale of 1 to 10. Without this med I have an on going 9 to 10 pain level and with my medication my level drops to 6 to 7. This makes the difference in whether I need to get help getting to the bathroom or whether I can get out of bed and care for myself. If my dose were a little stronger I could do more but a day at a pain scale of 6 is a wonderful day, 7 is an ok day, 9 and 10 not worth waking up."

shilolee (taken for 10 years or more) May 23, 2015

For Pain: "Great"

Arse May 14, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I've been SUFFERING from RSD since 1995.Currently prescribed 10mgs methadone 4x per day and Percocet 15mgs up to 5 per day.of course my body has been soooo dependent on this dose it's NOT working any longer. Dr refuses to increase my dose. Anyone have RSD and on something different I might suggest to my dr that I change to?? I really need someones help please"

pborla0329 (taken for 10 years or more) May 11, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Some uncomfortable side effects like constipation. Other than that, the drug does an ok job with my Rheumatoid Arthritis pain."

jrf9597 May 9, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I have tried many pain meds that had so many adverse effects until Oxycodone .I take 4 -30mg.tabs a day for the past 6 yrs.This has been a really good therapeutic pain reliever for me this unlike a lot of pain pills doesn't seem to lose it potency over time. I'm 65 yrs.old I have chronic crippling Rheumatoid arthritis as well as Diabetes neuropathy pain this medicine has helped do much.The biggest problem is finding a pharmacist that will fill the prescription. I'm am lucky to have a pharmacist that will.I don't worry about being reliant on this as long as I can fill it & take as directed."

John Sr. April 30, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Not helping pain!"

pattiebeen taking norco/325 seemed to be more effective (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I'm 19 years old and have been suffering from severe testicular and groin pain for the past 5 months, due to a sports injury. It prevented me from doing the things I had previously loved doing, I couldn't go back to school, and I'd be in bed all day. But now that my pain doctor has put me on OxyContin 20 mg twice a day, I feel like I'm getting my life back. This medication keeps my pain at bay. Before, I'd be going through an average of 8/10 pain everyday, but OxyContin miraculously brings it down to a 2-3! I really mean it when I say OxyContin is a Godsend for a male who's going through testicular pain caused by numerous problems. Best of all it doesn't make me tired so I can properly function throughout the day!"

Johnathan1995 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

Oxyfast (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I've used the 20 mg per ml oral concentrate at a dose of 30 mg on an as needed basis for control of severe breakthrough pain suffered as a result of Kyphoscoliosis (of unknown etiology) with Morphine Sulfate (ER) 200 mg tabs 3 times per day for chronic pain. I've never had a failure of the medication to control an episode of breakthrough pain. Usually, it takes 10 to 20 minutes for the medication to completely control the pain no matter how severe it may be."

Chilli Bean (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 6, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I got into a bad auto accident and got put on Oxycontin 40mg twice a day and it has been working great for months."

JonnySFL (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "The extended release Oxycontin works the same for pain relief as Percocet, but with barely any side effects. Doesn't make me nearly as foggy or give me that euphoric feeling that Percocet does. I can focus better during the day and sleep through the night without waking up needing more pills."

Mel Alanne April 3, 2015

For Pain: "I have been taking Oxycodone 30 mg for about 4 years now. I have chronic pain issues (arthritis, scoliosis, neuropathy, bulging disc, bone spurs and many other pain causing conditions). I also have been diagnosed as having rectal cancer Oct of 2014. I have had only one bad side effect with this medicine and that is constipation. I now take Miralax every day and I no longer have constipation. This medicine does take away the pain. I am glad I no longer take Vicodin as it was wrecking my liver and kidneys because of the Acetaminophenin."

MichGirl1963 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have a bullet lodged in my back near my spine, this medication is very helpful in relieving the pain but use with caution I would not recommended this for daily use regardless of the severity of your pain."

Abu91 March 9, 2015