Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 368 reviews 929 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 103 reviews 104 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 471 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by Johnathan1995 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I'm 19 years old and have been suffering from severe testicular and groin pain for the past 5 months, due to a sports injury. It prevented me from doing the things I had previously loved doing, I couldn't go back to school, and I'd be in bed all day. But now that my pain doctor has put me on OxyContin 20 mg twice a day, I feel like I'm getting my life back. This medication keeps my pain at bay. Before, I'd be going through an average of 8/10 pain everyday, but OxyContin miraculously brings it down to a 2-3! I really mean it when I say OxyContin is a Godsend for a male who's going through testicular pain caused by numerous problems. Best of all it doesn't make me tired so I can properly function throughout the day!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2015 12:47 AM

Review by JonnySFL (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I got into a bad auto accident and got put on Oxycontin 40mg twice a day and it has been working great for months.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2015 12:07 AM

Review by Mel Alanne:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: The extended release Oxycontin works the same for pain relief as Percocet, but with barely any side effects. Doesn't make me nearly as foggy or give me that euphoric feeling that Percocet does. I can focus better during the day and sleep through the night without waking up needing more pills.

April 3, 2015 6:02 AM

Review by Abu91:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have a bullet lodged in my back near my spine, this medication is very helpful in relieving the pain but use with caution I would not recommended this for daily use regardless of the severity of your pain.

March 9, 2015 1:57 PM

Review by Jay loves me forever:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Best pain medicine on market for relief for around 5-6 hrs.

March 7, 2015 11:29 PM

Review by Dartplayer (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I recently snapped my fibula in half in a bicycle accident. I went a few days without any sort of real pain medication and was in extreme pain. I went back to the doctors and he gave me this medication. The pain has certainly deceased quite a bit. It helps to take this with food.

February 27, 2015 10:25 PM

Review by Life Saver (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: I'm on 3-20Mg Oxycontin and 8-10Mg oxycodone a day. I feel so much better now. I have 3 bad disc in my upper back and also 3 bad disc in my lower back. I used to be on 3 time release morphine and 6 x 10mg Lortab.

February 26, 2015 10:25 PM

Review by Pain-n-simple (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Good for breakthrough pain..take 7 of the 30mg a day and use 2-75mcg of the Fentanyl Patches as well for Extended Relief. It has been my best regimen so far and I've tried a lot of different kinds and combination to ease my pain. It's hard though because you can tell how much it helps when you miss a pill.

January 30, 2015 3:15 PM

Review by Son's Ray (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: Have been on pain meds a long time for various injuries and such. But, most recently for an arthritic condition that necessitated the replacement of both hips of which rendered me utterly handicapped. I could walk only with a walker, but had no moment without pain. After the operations (both accomplished with 10 weeks) I am walking without a walker and am so grateful to the Lord for sustaining me and guiding me to the exact surgeon who performed my hip replacements without a flaw. Now that my joy is full and the pain as subsided, I discovered that I have arthritis in my right shoulder. I took myself off of Oxycontin 30 mg x 2 a day, and now ingest 20 mg IR X 3 a day for the shoulder. Great to be alive!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 10:23 AM

Review by Jenn Claus (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have been given many choices for my breakthrough pain medication while being on methadone but I have always stuck with the oxycodone. I chose oxycodone without Tylenol because Tylenol causes major GI upset since I suffer from Gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying). I find it to be very effective in the combination I'm on, the only downside of oxycodone I find with myself is that if it's taken by itself it can cause insomnia which I find to be very annoying.

January 30, 2015 1:58 AM

Review by Rotatorfix (taken for less than 1 month):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: This helped during oral surgery but made me sleepy...it did not help at all post surgery for rotator cuff surgery and gave me migraines. I felt like a zombie and had lucid dreams.

January 27, 2015 5:17 PM

Review by mausie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Initially it was beneficial in easing my chronic pain until I had a recent back operation. Now I am being brought down from a dosage of 120mg per day & now down to 25mg per day. Coming off it has been particularly stressful coping with the withdrawal factor but I have recognized the withdrawal symptoms & learning to cope with them on a daily basis with the help of my GP who has also become my counselor & is helping me with this painful regression of dosage. It has been a period of 4 mths so far & I am hopeful of being totally free of the medicine within that same time frame. Although it helped me to get through the pain until the operation, it has been a very painful process of withdrawal. If possible, an alternative medication would be advisable

January 16, 2015 3:06 AM

Review by pkkeywest91 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Chronic Pain: Have been taking oxycodone IR 15 mg for almost 3 years now one tablet every four hours for chronic pain. It helps for my back pain. If it was not for this medication I would not be able to work. I have had very few side effects...mainly slight itching. It has helped me so much.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 6:23 PM

Review by Herniated this:

For Chronic Pain: Chronic pain

January 9, 2015 5:31 AM

Review by Mommablumie:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Fractured left humerus & greater trochanter. Much difficulty sleeping, this medicatin helpful in controlling the pain

January 6, 2015 4:45 AM

Review by Love the ocean (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I've been on Oxycontin for 8 months. I take it to help with RSD pain in my shoulder that radiates all down my arm and into my hand. I have trouble taking high doses of nerve medications like gabapentin, so a narcotic is necessary. It definitely helps a lot. However, it does not last 12 hrs. I have oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I also have tried taking 3 doses of Oxycontin a day (per Drs orders) and that keeps it from running out. The problem with a triple dose is drowsiness; I started to have trouble tolerating that. But, overall this has been a lifesaver for me.

January 4, 2015 4:41 PM

Review by ricardo48:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: After an injury with a chainsaw. I was put on morphine. It made me feel "thick" & groggy. It also didn't cut the pain. I asked my Dr. To put me on oxycodone & Oxycontin. I found this to be better at reducing pain without the brain fog.

December 21, 2014 12:30 PM

Review by DABK:

For Pain: I have been on pain meds for a very long time. (13 years) from an injury at work. I used to take (after years) 5 Oxycontin 8 mg tablets per day which was fine until they changed the formula. They don't really help any longer. I have 4 herniated discs in neck and after 3 surgeries it still is not healed or healed correctly. My neck injury causes me severe headaches as well. I am now on 30 mg Roxicodone which is wonderful for all my pain ailments however it has to be a certain brand. If I don't have the correct brand I will get physically nauseous. I must be allergic to something the manufacturer puts in it. The ones that do work for me have saved my life. I am able to function with pain relief. My opinion they work the best.

December 14, 2014 2:43 PM

Review by ThatJames (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I took my first one tonight, only 10 mg but it has been good on my severe lower back pain. I was on Transtec 50.5 mg patch. But these were not working in the right way or long enough. I hope this new medicine helps.

December 8, 2014 4:20 PM

Review by Doraine (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: It's helpful when I need a boost in getting work done. When my pain is so unbearable, most times the medicine does not work.

December 2, 2014 5:41 AM

Review by antnee (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Chronic Pain: I am prescribed Oxycontin 30mg (oxycodone timed release) 3 times a day and oxycodone IR 5mg 3-4 times a day for breakthrough pain. I suffer from severe trigeminal neuralgia which is horrible pain in the face. They do work really well for pain control. The only issue sometimes is getting my pharmacy to fill them. Some pharmacists look at you like a junkie because you are on pain meds and its annoying. I hate that nonsense! The OxyContin 30mg are soo hard to fill because they are rare and my pharmacy always has to order them which is fine with me. But they do work great for pain. The only bad part is how your body becomes physically dependant on them and you get sick if you dont have them. Its not an addiction but a dependence.Big difference!

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2014 3:35 PM

Review by bosz (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: I have rheumatoid arthritis and it causes me a lot of fatigue and pain, but thanks to oxycodone, it helps me to keep going. I have been taking it for about seven years but, only regularly since having rheumatoid. I take 15MG about every four hours. I also inject methotrexate and Enbrel once a week.

October 8, 2014 10:32 AM

Review by Guards (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Works well for pain

October 3, 2014 5:01 PM

Review by cardiackid63 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: Intense chronic back pain! Only relief I can find is from this medication.

September 18, 2014 3:15 PM