Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1851 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

Review by Dartplayer (taken for less than 1 month):

I recently snapped my fibula in half in a bicycle accident. I went a few days without any sort of real pain medication and was in extreme pain. I went back to the doctors and he gave me this medication. The pain has certainly deceased quite a bit. It helps to take this with food.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2015 10:25 PM

Review by Mommablumie:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Fractured left humerus & greater trochanter. Much difficulty sleeping, this medicatin helpful in controlling the pain

January 6, 2015 4:45 AM

Review by DABK:

I have been on pain meds for a very long time. (13 years) from an injury at work. I used to take (after years) 5 Oxycontin 8 mg tablets per day which was fine until they changed the formula. They don't really help any longer. I have 4 herniated discs in neck and after 3 surgeries it still is not healed or healed correctly. My neck injury causes me severe headaches as well. I am now on 30 mg Roxicodone which is wonderful for all my pain ailments however it has to be a certain brand. If I don't have the correct brand I will get physically nauseous. I must be allergic to something the manufacturer puts in it. The ones that do work for me have saved my life. I am able to function with pain relief. My opinion they work the best.

December 14, 2014 2:43 PM

Review by ThatJames (taken for less than 1 month):

I took my first one tonight, only 10 mg but it has been good on my severe lower back pain. I was on Transtec 50.5 mg patch. But these were not working in the right way or long enough. I hope this new medicine helps.

December 8, 2014 4:20 PM

Review by bosz (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I have rheumatoid arthritis and it causes me a lot of fatigue and pain, but thanks to oxycodone, it helps me to keep going. I have been taking it for about seven years but, only regularly since having rheumatoid. I take 15MG about every four hours. I also inject methotrexate and Enbrel once a week.

October 8, 2014 10:32 AM

Review by cardiackid63 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Intense chronic back pain! Only relief I can find is from this medication.

September 18, 2014 3:15 PM

Review by mary58 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Still have a lot of pain

September 4, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by YouAddictivePersonality405 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I am 35 and sadly due to genetics and 18 months of radiation therapy in 2005 - 2007 my bones began to deteriorate 3 years ago in my hips and vertebrae. I recently found out due to my disc's degenerating and severely dehydrated my L4 has begun to shift forward. The shifting has begun to compromise my spinal cord and slowly paralyze me from waist downward. By far neurotic pains at beginning stages of paralysis are the most excruciating pains I have ever experienced. I have been prescribed Oxycodone and it has given me a life back. To stand and walk as much as I comfortably can means everything to me.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 4:46 PM

Review by lasvegasgirl67:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): Long term chronic pain suffer great for pain immediate relief, last about 6hrs the 30mg very hard to get filled at pharmacy usually a 3 DAY WAIT TIME TO CHECK DOCTORS AND YOUR RECORDS.

December 28, 2013 1:25 PM

Review by loan offer:

Do you need a loan to at 2% rate? If yes,contact US ON THIS EMAIL..(sherrycandler@gmail.com) with this following details... (1) Full Name,(2)Loan Amount Needed,(3)Duration,(4) country.(5)Phone numbers.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2013 5:23 AM

Review by Alwaysanurseatheart:

OxyContin (oxycodone): After severely injuring my back while lifting a patient, herniating three discs, three failed back surgeries and multiple ineffective pain relief measures I finally accepted that I will need medication until a cure for spinal nerve damage is found. Using oxycodone means I can walk my dog, keep my house neat, enjoy life with my husband and live life again. I am scruptiously careful about how much I take and keep them under lock and key for the safety of my grandchildren. With great care this drug can give you your life back. However if a person doesn't take very seriously the potential addiction properties it can make a bad situation worse.

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2013 9:48 PM

Review by tidydoo:

Oxydose (oxycodone): If your Doctor recommends this drug for pain please explore all other options before beginning to take it. I in the beginning thought that it was a God send and it did indeed work wonders on my chronic pain however after two hip revisions back to back , a spinal stimulator being placed then removed due to malfunction I find for me this medication for me takes the edge off at best. But I do not mean to ramble I am only one out of many millions that that this drug works wonders for. The other problem I had with this medication is when they changed the formulation. You see in changing it they made it harder for drug abusers to abuse and, for people like me who do not abuse it and really need it ,made less effective. HARD TO DOSE DOWN!!!!!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2013 5:07 PM

Review by Tom M in PA:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Have had leg/hip pain for over a year now. My doctor finally put me on OxyContin, and it works fantastic, however, I am concerned about the problem of becoming dependent on this medication. This should not be a long term medication.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2013 6:40 PM

Review by ALMPA (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Best pain medication I've ever taken. It makes me tired though and it also makes me very itchy.

June 18, 2013 8:45 AM

Review by JoanieH:

I have low back pain and down my right leg from osteoporosis, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. For two years I have cried most of the night in severe pain. This medicine takes about 45 minutes to kick in and lasts about 3 hours at 5mg. The problem (I think) is that my doctor will not raise the dose, which I understand but only allows me to take it every 12 hours. After about 3-4 hours I'm in severe pain again and just watch the clock and cry. The label on the bottle says every 4 hrs as needed but will not refill if I take more than 2 a day.

June 16, 2013 3:41 PM

Review by ANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Without this medication, I wouldn't be able to do all the things that a mum is supposed to do. I've 3 small children and its hard especially with bulging discs and joints that because of wear and tear are so incredibly painful. The only thing is the withdrawal's. I forgot to get my script over the holiday and had no pain relief for 4 days. It was the worst 4 days of my whole entire life. I will never ever put myself through that EVER again. If I could give 1 bit of advice to someone who was starting on this medication it would be only take what you need.

May 2, 2013 10:30 AM

Review by big alec:

I am a 59 year old, who has follicullar cancer plus chronic fatigue syndrome. I was on SR morphine tabs but had bad reactions to it so I was put on oxycodone oral 10mg as needed plus 20mgs of Oxycontin twice a day and the change in me is brilliant. Everyone who knows me says have they cured the illnesses as I look and feel great. They have not cured me but the tablets have given me a new lease of life.

April 29, 2013 5:08 AM

Review by pigeontoe (taken for 10 years or more):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle.

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2013 7:14 PM

I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden.

November 6, 2012 7:35 PM

I was just put on Oxycodone after a brutal tooth extraction. The pain after the extraction nearly brought me to my knees. After I took two Oxycodones, the pain had simply vanished. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering pain from a tooth extraction. It works wonders.

September 25, 2012 10:52 AM

Review by Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2012 6:57 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone): 15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2012 10:17 PM

Review by buzzard156:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk.

August 20, 2012 10:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc, neck issues and this is the only medicine that doesn't bother my stomach (gastric ulcer) or give me panic attacks. The problem is being able to get it because of abuse by other people.

August 10, 2012 7:44 PM

Review by Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2012 4:14 PM