User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1801 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

OxyIR (oxycodone): "Works well for my condition."

Bob Albury July 3, 2015

"7.5/300 Vicodin = 15mg Generic Oxycodone Not very effective for torn ankle ligament"

BuffySummers June 1, 2015

"Great"

Arse May 14, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I'm 19 years old and have been suffering from severe testicular and groin pain for the past 5 months, due to a sports injury. It prevented me from doing the things I had previously loved doing, I couldn't go back to school, and I'd be in bed all day. But now that my pain doctor has put me on OxyContin 20 mg twice a day, I feel like I'm getting my life back. This medication keeps my pain at bay. Before, I'd be going through an average of 8/10 pain everyday, but OxyContin miraculously brings it down to a 2-3! I really mean it when I say OxyContin is a Godsend for a male who's going through testicular pain caused by numerous problems. Best of all it doesn't make me tired so I can properly function throughout the day!"

Johnathan1995 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I got into a bad auto accident and got put on Oxycontin 40mg twice a day and it has been working great for months."

JonnySFL (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2015

"I have been taking Oxycodone 30 mg for about 4 years now. I have chronic pain issues (arthritis, scoliosis, neuropathy, bulging disc, bone spurs and many other pain causing conditions). I also have been diagnosed as having rectal cancer Oct of 2014. I have had only one bad side effect with this medicine and that is constipation. I now take Miralax every day and I no longer have constipation. This medicine does take away the pain. I am glad I no longer take Vicodin as it was wrecking my liver and kidneys because of the Acetaminophenin."

MichGirl1963 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2015

"I recently snapped my fibula in half in a bicycle accident. I went a few days without any sort of real pain medication and was in extreme pain. I went back to the doctors and he gave me this medication. The pain has certainly deceased quite a bit. It helps to take this with food."

Dartplayer (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Fractured left humerus & greater trochanter. Much difficulty sleeping, this medicatin helpful in controlling the pain"

Mommablumie January 6, 2015

"I have been on pain meds for a very long time. (13 years) from an injury at work. I used to take (after years) 5 Oxycontin 8 mg tablets per day which was fine until they changed the formula. They don't really help any longer. I have 4 herniated discs in neck and after 3 surgeries it still is not healed or healed correctly. My neck injury causes me severe headaches as well. I am now on 30 mg Roxicodone which is wonderful for all my pain ailments however it has to be a certain brand. If I don't have the correct brand I will get physically nauseous. I must be allergic to something the manufacturer puts in it. The ones that do work for me have saved my life. I am able to function with pain relief. My opinion they work the best."

DABK December 14, 2014

"I took my first one tonight, only 10 mg but it has been good on my severe lower back pain. I was on Transtec 50.5 mg patch. But these were not working in the right way or long enough. I hope this new medicine helps."

ThatJames (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2014

"I have rheumatoid arthritis and it causes me a lot of fatigue and pain, but thanks to oxycodone, it helps me to keep going. I have been taking it for about seven years but, only regularly since having rheumatoid. I take 15MG about every four hours. I also inject methotrexate and Enbrel once a week."

bosz (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2014

"Intense chronic back pain! Only relief I can find is from this medication."

cardiackid63 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2014

"Still have a lot of pain"

mary58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2014

"I am 35 and sadly due to genetics and 18 months of radiation therapy in 2005 - 2007 my bones began to deteriorate 3 years ago in my hips and vertebrae. I recently found out due to my disc's degenerating and severely dehydrated my L4 has begun to shift forward. The shifting has begun to compromise my spinal cord and slowly paralyze me from waist downward. By far neurotic pains at beginning stages of paralysis are the most excruciating pains I have ever experienced. I have been prescribed Oxycodone and it has given me a life back. To stand and walk as much as I comfortably can means everything to me. "

YouAddictivePersonality405 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2014

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Long term chronic pain suffer great for pain immediate relief, last about 6hrs the 30mg very hard to get filled at pharmacy usually a 3 DAY WAIT TIME TO CHECK DOCTORS AND YOUR RECORDS."

lasvegasgirl67 December 28, 2013

"Do you need a loan to at 2% rate? If yes,contact US ON THIS EMAIL..(sherrycandler@gmail.com) with this following details... (1) Full Name,(2)Loan Amount Needed,(3)Duration,(4) country.(5)Phone numbers."

loan offer November 14, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone): "After severely injuring my back while lifting a patient, herniating three discs, three failed back surgeries and multiple ineffective pain relief measures I finally accepted that I will need medication until a cure for spinal nerve damage is found. Using oxycodone means I can walk my dog, keep my house neat, enjoy life with my husband and live life again. I am scruptiously careful about how much I take and keep them under lock and key for the safety of my grandchildren. With great care this drug can give you your life back. However if a person doesn't take very seriously the potential addiction properties it can make a bad situation worse."

Alwaysanurseatheart October 31, 2013

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Oxydose (oxycodone): "If your Doctor recommends this drug for pain please explore all other options before beginning to take it. I in the beginning thought that it was a God send and it did indeed work wonders on my chronic pain however after two hip revisions back to back , a spinal stimulator being placed then removed due to malfunction I find for me this medication for me takes the edge off at best. But I do not mean to ramble I am only one out of many millions that that this drug works wonders for. The other problem I had with this medication is when they changed the formulation. You see in changing it they made it harder for drug abusers to abuse and, for people like me who do not abuse it and really need it ,made less effective. HARD TO DOSE DOWN!!!!!"

tidydoo October 22, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Have had leg/hip pain for over a year now. My doctor finally put me on OxyContin, and it works fantastic, however, I am concerned about the problem of becoming dependent on this medication. This should not be a long term medication. "

Tom M in PA July 18, 2013

"Best pain medication I've ever taken. It makes me tired though and it also makes me very itchy."

ALMPA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2013

"I have low back pain and down my right leg from osteoporosis, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. For two years I have cried most of the night in severe pain. This medicine takes about 45 minutes to kick in and lasts about 3 hours at 5mg. The problem (I think) is that my doctor will not raise the dose, which I understand but only allows me to take it every 12 hours. After about 3-4 hours I'm in severe pain again and just watch the clock and cry. The label on the bottle says every 4 hrs as needed but will not refill if I take more than 2 a day. "

JoanieH June 16, 2013

"Without this medication, I wouldn't be able to do all the things that a mum is supposed to do. I've 3 small children and its hard especially with bulging discs and joints that because of wear and tear are so incredibly painful. The only thing is the withdrawal's. I forgot to get my script over the holiday and had no pain relief for 4 days. It was the worst 4 days of my whole entire life. I will never ever put myself through that EVER again. If I could give 1 bit of advice to someone who was starting on this medication it would be only take what you need."

ANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2013

"I am a 59 year old, who has follicullar cancer plus chronic fatigue syndrome. I was on SR morphine tabs but had bad reactions to it so I was put on oxycodone oral 10mg as needed plus 20mgs of Oxycontin twice a day and the change in me is brilliant. Everyone who knows me says have they cured the illnesses as I look and feel great. They have not cured me but the tablets have given me a new lease of life."

big alec April 29, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle. "

pigeontoe (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2013

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden. "

Anonymous November 6, 2012