User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1833 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

Review by bosz (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I have rheumatoid arthritis and it causes me a lot of fatigue and pain, but thanks to oxycodone, it helps me to keep going. I have been taking it for about seven years but, only regularly since having rheumatoid. I take 15MG about every four hours. I also inject methotrexate and Enbrel once a week.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2014 10:32 AM

Review by cardiackid63 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Intense chronic back pain! Only relief I can find is from this medication.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 3:15 PM

Review by mary58 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Still have a lot of pain

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by YouAddictivePersonality405 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I am 35 and sadly due to genetics and 18 months of radiation therapy in 2005 - 2007 my bones began to deteriorate 3 years ago in my hips and vertebrae. I recently found out due to my disc's degenerating and severely dehydrated my L4 has begun to shift forward. The shifting has begun to compromise my spinal cord and slowly paralyze me from waist downward. By far neurotic pains at beginning stages of paralysis are the most excruciating pains I have ever experienced. I have been prescribed Oxycodone and it has given me a life back. To stand and walk as much as I comfortably can means everything to me.

March 1, 2014 4:46 PM

Review by lasvegasgirl67:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): Long term chronic pain suffer great for pain immediate relief, last about 6hrs the 30mg very hard to get filled at pharmacy usually a 3 DAY WAIT TIME TO CHECK DOCTORS AND YOUR RECORDS.

December 28, 2013 1:25 PM

Review by loan offer:

Do you need a loan to at 2% rate? If yes,contact US ON THIS EMAIL..(sherrycandler@gmail.com) with this following details... (1) Full Name,(2)Loan Amount Needed,(3)Duration,(4) country.(5)Phone numbers.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2013 5:23 AM

Review by Alwaysanurseatheart:

OxyContin (oxycodone): After severely injuring my back while lifting a patient, herniating three discs, three failed back surgeries and multiple ineffective pain relief measures I finally accepted that I will need medication until a cure for spinal nerve damage is found. Using oxycodone means I can walk my dog, keep my house neat, enjoy life with my husband and live life again. I am scruptiously careful about how much I take and keep them under lock and key for the safety of my grandchildren. With great care this drug can give you your life back. However if a person doesn't take very seriously the potential addiction properties it can make a bad situation worse.

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2013 9:48 PM

Review by tidydoo:

Oxydose (oxycodone): If your Doctor recommends this drug for pain please explore all other options before beginning to take it. I in the beginning thought that it was a God send and it did indeed work wonders on my chronic pain however after two hip revisions back to back , a spinal stimulator being placed then removed due to malfunction I find for me this medication for me takes the edge off at best. But I do not mean to ramble I am only one out of many millions that that this drug works wonders for. The other problem I had with this medication is when they changed the formulation. You see in changing it they made it harder for drug abusers to abuse and, for people like me who do not abuse it and really need it ,made less effective. HARD TO DOSE DOWN!!!!!

October 22, 2013 5:07 PM

Review by Tom M in PA:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Have had leg/hip pain for over a year now. My doctor finally put me on OxyContin, and it works fantastic, however, I am concerned about the problem of becoming dependent on this medication. This should not be a long term medication.

July 18, 2013 6:40 PM

Review by ALMPA (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Best pain medication I've ever taken. It makes me tired though and it also makes me very itchy.

June 18, 2013 8:45 AM

Review by JoanieH:

I have low back pain and down my right leg from osteoporosis, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. For two years I have cried most of the night in severe pain. This medicine takes about 45 minutes to kick in and lasts about 3 hours at 5mg. The problem (I think) is that my doctor will not raise the dose, which I understand but only allows me to take it every 12 hours. After about 3-4 hours I'm in severe pain again and just watch the clock and cry. The label on the bottle says every 4 hrs as needed but will not refill if I take more than 2 a day.

June 16, 2013 3:41 PM

Review by ANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Without this medication, I wouldn't be able to do all the things that a mum is supposed to do. I've 3 small children and its hard especially with bulging discs and joints that because of wear and tear are so incredibly painful. The only thing is the withdrawal's. I forgot to get my script over the holiday and had no pain relief for 4 days. It was the worst 4 days of my whole entire life. I will never ever put myself through that EVER again. If I could give 1 bit of advice to someone who was starting on this medication it would be only take what you need.

May 2, 2013 10:30 AM

Review by big alec:

I am a 59 year old, who has follicullar cancer plus chronic fatigue syndrome. I was on SR morphine tabs but had bad reactions to it so I was put on oxycodone oral 10mg as needed plus 20mgs of Oxycontin twice a day and the change in me is brilliant. Everyone who knows me says have they cured the illnesses as I look and feel great. They have not cured me but the tablets have given me a new lease of life.

April 29, 2013 5:08 AM

Review by pigeontoe (taken for 10 years or more):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle.

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2013 7:14 PM

I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden.

November 6, 2012 7:35 PM

I was just put on Oxycodone after a brutal tooth extraction. The pain after the extraction nearly brought me to my knees. After I took two Oxycodones, the pain had simply vanished. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering pain from a tooth extraction. It works wonders.

September 25, 2012 10:52 AM

Review by Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2012 6:57 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone): 15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back.

August 27, 2012 10:17 PM

Review by buzzard156:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk.

August 20, 2012 10:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc, neck issues and this is the only medicine that doesn't bother my stomach (gastric ulcer) or give me panic attacks. The problem is being able to get it because of abuse by other people.

August 10, 2012 7:44 PM

Review by Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2012 4:14 PM

Review by Daily headache:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2012 11:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful.

July 16, 2012 3:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone): This is the best medicine for pain.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2012 8:05 AM