User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1784 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

"I have low back pain and down my right leg from osteoporosis, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. For two years I have cried most of the night in severe pain. This medicine takes about 45 minutes to kick in and lasts about 3 hours at 5mg. The problem (I think) is that my doctor will not raise the dose, which I understand but only allows me to take it every 12 hours. After about 3-4 hours I'm in severe pain again and just watch the clock and cry. The label on the bottle says every 4 hrs as needed but will not refill if I take more than 2 a day. "

JoanieH June 16, 2013

"Without this medication, I wouldn't be able to do all the things that a mum is supposed to do. I've 3 small children and its hard especially with bulging discs and joints that because of wear and tear are so incredibly painful. The only thing is the withdrawal's. I forgot to get my script over the holiday and had no pain relief for 4 days. It was the worst 4 days of my whole entire life. I will never ever put myself through that EVER again. If I could give 1 bit of advice to someone who was starting on this medication it would be only take what you need."

ANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2013

"I am a 59 year old, who has follicullar cancer plus chronic fatigue syndrome. I was on SR morphine tabs but had bad reactions to it so I was put on oxycodone oral 10mg as needed plus 20mgs of Oxycontin twice a day and the change in me is brilliant. Everyone who knows me says have they cured the illnesses as I look and feel great. They have not cured me but the tablets have given me a new lease of life."

big alec April 29, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle. "

pigeontoe (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2013

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden. "

Anonymous November 6, 2012

"I was just put on Oxycodone after a brutal tooth extraction. The pain after the extraction nearly brought me to my knees. After I took two Oxycodones, the pain had simply vanished. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering pain from a tooth extraction. It works wonders."

Anonymous September 25, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin. "

Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2012

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back."

Anonymous August 27, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk. "

buzzard156 August 20, 2012

"I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc, neck issues and this is the only medicine that doesn't bother my stomach (gastric ulcer) or give me panic attacks. The problem is being able to get it because of abuse by other people. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!"

Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human."

Daily headache July 23, 2012

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This is the best medicine for pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more."

kawa-god (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've been on the 60mg twice a day for over 2 years now with Roxicodone 30mg every six hours for breakthrough pain, works better for me than Avinza, High dose Norco, and even the Fentanyl Patches 25mcg-75mcg. It has given my life back, I do recommend you talk to your doctor and get on this medicine, the old version that had OC and 60 was a lot better than the newer OP/60, but eventually your body gets used to it. Just be careful take it as directed. The only side effect is constipation, but otherwise a God-Send!"

Greenboy19 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2012

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Great pain relief ...but was like intestinal cement for me. Was continually constipated. Nothing helped this...enemas, Miralax, Exlax. Was horrible."

Girllovescats (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Made me feel a lot better and able to walk further and do day to day things."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Took it twice and vomited both times."

Anonymous June 7, 2012

"Very exceptional. Has taken away the PAIN I thought would never stop. No side effects experienced nor was I out of control of my actions or any other media hype you read. Why are any medications developed if they cannot be used the way they are intended to be used. "

B.D. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2012

"My Rx is for 5mg of oxycodone up to 4 time daily. I haven't needed it nearly that often and achieve excellent results (relief of pain) in about 30 minutes; lasting 6-8 hours. The one downside has been constipation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have fibromyalgia and I'm 31. I'm on disability now because the job I had for 10 years said I couldn't work there because I take 2 x 10mg a day of Oxycontin. At least now I can live a life. Play with my kids wash my car...etc. Before all I did was suffer at work and my work performance was so poor they even tried to fire me.....or get me to resign."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2012

"I have severe scoliosis, had an operation 16 years ago which failed. A titanium rod which should never have broken Did. I have tried various medication including Morphine, my life was hell. A few years ago I was prescribed Oxycodone immediate release tried slow release but had too much break through pain. My life has now greatly improved and I can have a better life, anyone knocking this pain relief hasn't suffered like we all have. It gets a 2 thumbs up from me."

Lynnjaj April 22, 2012

"I feel the need to add my 2 cents here. For YEARS I was unable to live a 'normal' life - spending most of the time in bed due to Derkums Disease and severe arthritis. Moving was painful and even the shortest trips left me in tears. I was given Nucynta, Dilaudid, Lortab, just to name a few. Oxycodone was prescribed and it truly changed my life. I am now able to take walks and do light excercise, yard sale and go to church! I do not understand the negative press about this medicine, I have never felt 'funny' or different. I just do not hurt like before. I consider this a life-saving wonder medicine!"

Anonymous April 20, 2012