User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 2)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1849 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

"I have rheumatoid arthritis and it causes me a lot of fatigue and pain, but thanks to oxycodone, it helps me to keep going. I have been taking it for about seven years but, only regularly since having rheumatoid. I take 15MG about every four hours. I also inject methotrexate and Enbrel once a week."

bosz (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2014

"Intense chronic back pain! Only relief I can find is from this medication."

cardiackid63 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2014

"Still have a lot of pain"

mary58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2014

"I am 35 and sadly due to genetics and 18 months of radiation therapy in 2005 - 2007 my bones began to deteriorate 3 years ago in my hips and vertebrae. I recently found out due to my disc's degenerating and severely dehydrated my L4 has begun to shift forward. The shifting has begun to compromise my spinal cord and slowly paralyze me from waist downward. By far neurotic pains at beginning stages of paralysis are the most excruciating pains I have ever experienced. I have been prescribed Oxycodone and it has given me a life back. To stand and walk as much as I comfortably can means everything to me. "

YouAddictivePersonality405 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Long term chronic pain suffer great for pain immediate relief, last about 6hrs the 30mg very hard to get filled at pharmacy usually a 3 DAY WAIT TIME TO CHECK DOCTORS AND YOUR RECORDS."

lasvegasgirl67 December 28, 2013

"Do you need a loan to at 2% rate? If yes,contact US ON THIS EMAIL..(sherrycandler@gmail.com) with this following details... (1) Full Name,(2)Loan Amount Needed,(3)Duration,(4) country.(5)Phone numbers."

loan offer November 14, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone): "After severely injuring my back while lifting a patient, herniating three discs, three failed back surgeries and multiple ineffective pain relief measures I finally accepted that I will need medication until a cure for spinal nerve damage is found. Using oxycodone means I can walk my dog, keep my house neat, enjoy life with my husband and live life again. I am scruptiously careful about how much I take and keep them under lock and key for the safety of my grandchildren. With great care this drug can give you your life back. However if a person doesn't take very seriously the potential addiction properties it can make a bad situation worse."

Alwaysanurseatheart October 31, 2013

218 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Oxydose (oxycodone): "If your Doctor recommends this drug for pain please explore all other options before beginning to take it. I in the beginning thought that it was a God send and it did indeed work wonders on my chronic pain however after two hip revisions back to back , a spinal stimulator being placed then removed due to malfunction I find for me this medication for me takes the edge off at best. But I do not mean to ramble I am only one out of many millions that that this drug works wonders for. The other problem I had with this medication is when they changed the formulation. You see in changing it they made it harder for drug abusers to abuse and, for people like me who do not abuse it and really need it ,made less effective. HARD TO DOSE DOWN!!!!!"

tidydoo October 22, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Have had leg/hip pain for over a year now. My doctor finally put me on OxyContin, and it works fantastic, however, I am concerned about the problem of becoming dependent on this medication. This should not be a long term medication. "

Tom M in PA July 18, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Best pain medication I've ever taken. It makes me tired though and it also makes me very itchy."

ALMPA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2013

"I have low back pain and down my right leg from osteoporosis, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. For two years I have cried most of the night in severe pain. This medicine takes about 45 minutes to kick in and lasts about 3 hours at 5mg. The problem (I think) is that my doctor will not raise the dose, which I understand but only allows me to take it every 12 hours. After about 3-4 hours I'm in severe pain again and just watch the clock and cry. The label on the bottle says every 4 hrs as needed but will not refill if I take more than 2 a day. "

JoanieH June 16, 2013

"Without this medication, I wouldn't be able to do all the things that a mum is supposed to do. I've 3 small children and its hard especially with bulging discs and joints that because of wear and tear are so incredibly painful. The only thing is the withdrawal's. I forgot to get my script over the holiday and had no pain relief for 4 days. It was the worst 4 days of my whole entire life. I will never ever put myself through that EVER again. If I could give 1 bit of advice to someone who was starting on this medication it would be only take what you need."

ANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2013

"I am a 59 year old, who has follicullar cancer plus chronic fatigue syndrome. I was on SR morphine tabs but had bad reactions to it so I was put on oxycodone oral 10mg as needed plus 20mgs of Oxycontin twice a day and the change in me is brilliant. Everyone who knows me says have they cured the illnesses as I look and feel great. They have not cured me but the tablets have given me a new lease of life."

big alec April 29, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle. "

pigeontoe (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2013

197 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden. "

Anonymous November 6, 2012

"I was just put on Oxycodone after a brutal tooth extraction. The pain after the extraction nearly brought me to my knees. After I took two Oxycodones, the pain had simply vanished. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering pain from a tooth extraction. It works wonders."

Anonymous September 25, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin. "

Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2012

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back."

Anonymous August 27, 2012

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk. "

buzzard156 August 20, 2012

"I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc, neck issues and this is the only medicine that doesn't bother my stomach (gastric ulcer) or give me panic attacks. The problem is being able to get it because of abuse by other people. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!"

Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human."

Daily headache July 23, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This is the best medicine for pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2012

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Great"