User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1834 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

Review by kawa-god (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone): Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more.

July 11, 2012 8:17 PM

Review by Greenboy19 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I've been on the 60mg twice a day for over 2 years now with Roxicodone 30mg every six hours for breakthrough pain, works better for me than Avinza, High dose Norco, and even the Fentanyl Patches 25mcg-75mcg. It has given my life back, I do recommend you talk to your doctor and get on this medicine, the old version that had OC and 60 was a lot better than the newer OP/60, but eventually your body gets used to it. Just be careful take it as directed. The only side effect is constipation, but otherwise a God-Send!

June 30, 2012 11:09 PM

Review by Girllovescats (taken for less than 1 month):

Roxicodone (oxycodone): Great pain relief ...but was like intestinal cement for me. Was continually constipated. Nothing helped this...enemas, Miralax, Exlax. Was horrible.

June 21, 2012 10:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

OxyContin (oxycodone): Made me feel a lot better and able to walk further and do day to day things.

June 20, 2012 7:51 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone): Took it twice and vomited both times.

June 7, 2012 11:22 PM

Review by B.D. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Very exceptional. Has taken away the PAIN I thought would never stop. No side effects experienced nor was I out of control of my actions or any other media hype you read. Why are any medications developed if they cannot be used the way they are intended to be used.

June 5, 2012 2:08 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

My Rx is for 5mg of oxycodone up to 4 time daily. I haven't needed it nearly that often and achieve excellent results (relief of pain) in about 30 minutes; lasting 6-8 hours. The one downside has been constipation.

June 3, 2012 9:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have fibromyalgia and I'm 31. I'm on disability now because the job I had for 10 years said I couldn't work there because I take 2 x 10mg a day of Oxycontin. At least now I can live a life. Play with my kids wash my car...etc. Before all I did was suffer at work and my work performance was so poor they even tried to fire me.....or get me to resign.

May 29, 2012 7:19 AM

Review by Lynnjaj:

I have severe scoliosis, had an operation 16 years ago which failed. A titanium rod which should never have broken Did. I have tried various medication including Morphine, my life was hell. A few years ago I was prescribed Oxycodone immediate release tried slow release but had too much break through pain. My life has now greatly improved and I can have a better life, anyone knocking this pain relief hasn't suffered like we all have. It gets a 2 thumbs up from me.

April 22, 2012 5:34 AM

I feel the need to add my 2 cents here. For YEARS I was unable to live a 'normal' life - spending most of the time in bed due to Derkums Disease and severe arthritis. Moving was painful and even the shortest trips left me in tears. I was given Nucynta, Dilaudid, Lortab, just to name a few. Oxycodone was prescribed and it truly changed my life. I am now able to take walks and do light excercise, yard sale and go to church! I do not understand the negative press about this medicine, I have never felt 'funny' or different. I just do not hurt like before. I consider this a life-saving wonder medicine!

April 20, 2012 1:11 PM

Works well when taken as directed with few or no side effects.

April 19, 2012 9:20 PM

Longer lasting than any other narcotics I took.

April 8, 2012 10:09 AM

Has helped control my pain for a long time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2012 10:37 PM

Review by robair1:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have chronic thoracic back pain. I've been through nerve blocks, acupuncture, physical therapy, 3 chiropracters, 2 orthopedic surgeons, 1 neurosurgeon, 2 pain doctor's. Vicodin, Percocet, Kadian (very expensive). Insurance refused to pay anymore finally switched to oxycodone. Still have breakthrough pain with to much physical activity.

March 22, 2012 12:21 PM

Review by Roofer #1:

This medicine was a God send to ease my chronic pain in my back after falling off a roof and breaking my hip and spine.

March 15, 2012 2:23 PM

Review by otstratman:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): I agree with everyone. This is the best pain medicine I have ever used. I had Discitis which led to a Lumbar Lamenectomy and Multi Facet Joint Fusions. I take 30mg every 4 hours. It used to take the pain away every time but now it's not working too well. I am going to see my Pain Management Doctor to ask for help.

March 11, 2012 1:24 AM

Review by Rzilla:

This medication helped me survive until they found the real problem with my back, which took about a year and several progressively invasive procedures. I can say in my experience that after surgery I continued having pain but once I weened off and my own endorphins kicked in I actually felt much better. Even my pharmacist said there have been cases of the medicine actually causing pain and I experienced it. I will say in my experience there is a difference in generic medications vs name brand and even differences in different manufacturers.

March 2, 2012 10:32 AM

Review by abigstepup:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I am 56 with degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia and just underwent rhizotomy on lumbar. That still did not help with the pain. I also broke my back in 2000 which was not treated and my spine is deformed. I suffer so much, I also tried everyting, this is magnificent it only takes 15mg.

February 26, 2012 10:31 PM

I have been on oxcycodone for almost 3 yrs. I have chronic back pain. Have 2 spinal fusions, the first 1 failed. I have a cracked vertabra and another bulging disc, I have degenerative disc diasease and this medication has done wonders for me. I still have a great deal of pain but not nearly as bad as I used to. Just like many of you I have been on all kinds of pain medicines that never worked and I was prescribed 30 mg 3 times a day and 10 mg 3 x's for breakthrough and it helps alot. I can go to my childrens sporting events now, I can do a few things now that I was not able to do.

February 26, 2012 7:49 PM

Review by MRSDJMCW:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): After 11 back surgeries (cervical,lumbar) due to scoliosis,and degenerative disc disease,I finally feel almost normal again. I have complete pain relief from my 3 a day Roxy 30 mg. and Fentanyl patch 150 mg. I have actually been cutting back on my Roxy as my condition improves. With virtually no side effects (constipation, sometimes drowsimess) this has kept me comfortable through all my surgeries and recoveries. Take only as directed by your Dr,and you too can experience freedom from your chronic pain. Highly recommended!

February 24, 2012 7:48 PM

Review by rabidr:

I had my first back surgery 10 years ago fusion L-5 S-1 I was pain free for about 5 years, then the pain returned. I went to a pain clinic and went through many epedural injections which did not help. The doctor finally put on Oxycontin 15mg immediate release which reduced my pain greatly. I found the two discs above my surgery were fractured so I had to go through another surgery. The surgeon refused to give oxycodone after my surgery and I was in a lot of pain. I finally got in to see my pain doctor and he was appalled that the surgeon did not give oxys. People think you are a junkie when you tell them you are taking them, but I don't care they are the only things that help my pain.

February 21, 2012 2:49 PM

Review by tawnalee:

I have severe osteoarthritis in my knees and was given Mobic, Celebrex, Voltaren and ibuprofen 800 at different times nothing helped. Then I had dental surgery and was given 10mg of Lortabs. Wow I could walk, I didnot literally have to almost crawl out of work, walk my dog, clean my house and play with my grandkids. I've put on 80 lbs since I cannot move when I get off work. I only had medicines for 10 days and it was a miracle.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2012 9:28 PM

Review by Feeling better Now:

I have lived in pain for over 7 years (if you can even call that living). Living in different states over these 7 years I have been to many doctors that have tried many different types of medications to help me with the pain. The best ANY of these medicines would do is help me with the severe headaches that the pain would actually cause. THEN I was introduced to Oxycodone. The pain was reduced to almost none at all.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2012 1:05 AM

Review by Stephen Wood:

I've had 14 surgeries and been in 3 coma's all from motorcycle racing. I've broken almost every bone in my body. I have taken almost all the pain medication including shots (that did not work). This is the only medicine that will relieve my pain by about 30%.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2012 2:59 PM

Review by Raptor660rider:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have suffered with degenerative disc disease, 5 herniated discs and arthritis in my lumbar spine and neck. I have taken every medicine available, have tried all the injections but NOTHING works like Oxycontin. I now have a very rare form of Leukemia which doubled the pain that I was already in.

January 25, 2012 7:14 PM