Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 368 reviews 929 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 103 reviews 104 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 471 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by dell26:

For Chronic Pain: Well I only been on oxycodone for a month now. A few years ago I had got shot in my leg, I went through a lot of pain. I've tried different pain medicines and I can say this works the best for me. Its a strong medicine that works.

August 8, 2013 6:46 AM

Review by BOOF MEDS:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have had back pain for 16 years now, I have been on every pain medicine and these are the best.

August 4, 2013 2:59 AM

Review by Jerrie4364 (taken for less than 1 month):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I've been on OxyContin 10mg 2x daily for about a month now and I stopped it about 2 days ago. I had gotten to where I didn't have the energy to do anything, getting out of bed was a tremendous chore and I have been waking up with a headache and going to bed with a headache. This is the second day off of it and I have a little more energy than I've had since I started it and I am hoping the headaches stop real soon. I made an appt to go back to my Dr. early to change.

July 29, 2013 6:45 PM

Review by Divkey:

For Chronic Pain: This has changed my life for the better. Able to work long hours. Lots of energy.

July 23, 2013 8:21 PM

Review by Anonymous from WI (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: I had a cervical fusion at level C5/C6 in 2002. I am in 100X more pain AFTER the surgery than before. Suffer severe chronic pain! After injections and many pain meds, ALL of which I suffered severe side effects, was finally given OxyContin X 2 daily and Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I still suffer pain daily. However, these are the only meds my system can tolerate -or else I'd be bedridden.

July 23, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by Tom M in PA:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Have had leg/hip pain for over a year now. My doctor finally put me on OxyContin, and it works fantastic, however, I am concerned about the problem of becoming dependent on this medication. This should not be a long term medication.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2013 6:40 PM

Review by Oxy condone (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I had knee replacement years ago, when they got in there it was a lot worse than what they thought, I ended up with steel from almost my hip to halfway down my shin. This has made the difference in me walking and being wheel chair bound. with Oxycontin I can shop, and do normal things. Without the pain relief it gives me I would be useless.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2013 5:59 PM

Review by dollface2u (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: This medication is great for my chronic back pain. I have been on the same dose for over two years and it helped me get through most of the day just on two 20mg pills. Lately it has stopped working as well and I am having a lot of breakthrough pain as the OXycontin is extended release and from it working for almost 6 hours per dose it now only helps for about 2 hours. It is great if you are also given something for breakthrough pain but I cannot imagine being off of it to be honest. I have had severe chronic lower back pain due to a pinched nerve which causes shooting pain that goes up and down my spine and even causes my legs to go numb. I also have carpal tunnel in my right hand and fibromyalgia. Overall this medication has been very helpful.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2013 3:47 PM

Review by Ozzymania1964 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have been taking for about 7 years. Started at 10mg 2xs a day plus 7.5 mg Vicodin 3xs a day. Now taking 30mg 2xs a day and 7.5 mg Norco 3 to 4xs a day. Before they changed the formula, it worked a lot better. It does give pain relief but it doesn't last 12 hrs, like they claim. I have herniated disc in back also AVN in hips. Just had left hip totally replaced now I need right hip replaced before they will do surgery on my back.

July 11, 2013 1:03 PM

Review by Anniebananie12 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: I have been taking this prescription for about five months now. Before that, I was taking OxyContin 30 mg twice a day and oxycodone 10 mg as needed. I asked my doctor to switch me over to these oxycodone only, with a slight raise in the dose, because of the price. OxyContin are terribly expensive!

July 1, 2013 12:51 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: Works, able to move after ten years of everything else.

June 28, 2013 9:43 AM

Review by Gizzmo727 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I was on Percocet 10/325 and the highest dose. It was killing my stomach but since my doctor changed it to just roxicodone without acetaminophen I feel much better. It definitely helps with the pain. I take a lot less pills now because I'm on the right dose. I haven't had any bad reactions either so far. Been on this for almost a year now.

June 23, 2013 6:32 PM

Review by neeko3238:

For Chronic Pain: Would recommend this to someone with chronic to severe neck or back pain. I only take 1-2 of these a day compared to taking 6-8 hydrocodone a day. They work fast and last.

June 22, 2013 1:59 PM

Review by ZuluAlphaKilo07 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I initially suffered compression fractures of L1, L2, & L3 with fractures of the vertebrae & 20% disc space loss between L1 & L2 & L2 & L3. Only 8 months later I had the unfortunate experience at a sporting goods store, a 240lb shelf fell directly on my head knocking me out cold for 30 seconds. That also led to a fractured C5, nerve damage, & a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). I was lucky enough to get in to see 1 of the best pain management doctors, who was working out of a hospital in Denver at the time, and he put me on Roxicodone 30mg x 6/day and I've never had a more effective medication! It truly made the pain vanish & I could go about my day as normal. I moved to IL & they drastically lowered my meds & switched me to Dilaudid & it isn't nearly as effective!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2013 5:17 AM

Review by ALMPA (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: Best pain medication I've ever taken. It makes me tired though and it also makes me very itchy.

June 18, 2013 8:45 AM

Review by 4RealJennyB (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I used to take Vicodin 500 for severe menstrual cramps, this was in the the early 90's. I just used it for menstrual pain. I had a breast augment in 2001 and received enough Percocet to heal and my Dr. addressed using it as directed. I was suffering neck and shoulder pain already and never considered using opiates. It became so chronic and severe that by 2010 I couldn't work and by 2011 I was on 5mg oxycodone. Now in 2013 I use 20 mg Oxycontin 2x a day with 5 mg oxycodone for breakthrough pain. It has allowed me to exercise, go outside and drive, shop again, see my friends and family. It is no substitute for treatment. I am a candidate for spine surgery, I will attempt this at 37. I will see with proper therapeutic options and surgery how I can taper.

June 16, 2013 8:35 PM

Review by JoanieH:

For Pain: I have low back pain and down my right leg from osteoporosis, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. For two years I have cried most of the night in severe pain. This medicine takes about 45 minutes to kick in and lasts about 3 hours at 5mg. The problem (I think) is that my doctor will not raise the dose, which I understand but only allows me to take it every 12 hours. After about 3-4 hours I'm in severe pain again and just watch the clock and cry. The label on the bottle says every 4 hrs as needed but will not refill if I take more than 2 a day.

June 16, 2013 3:41 PM

Review by Ramona21:

For Chronic Pain: Definitely effective.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2013 7:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I'm reading all these reviews and agree how effective this medicine is in dealing with chronic and cancer pain. Was on it for 12 years for back and breast cancer pain.

June 2, 2013 8:03 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: The only side effect I've experienced is sleeplessness.

May 23, 2013 4:39 AM

Review by angel johnson (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: i have been struggling with chronic necrotic pancreatitis. They had tried everything and I still could not function. They switched me to oxycodone 3 days ago. It was a miracle! I have very little pain and feel normal! I am so excited to be able to do things with my kids again!

May 15, 2013 10:21 AM

Review by princefan29:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: It worked the best.

May 12, 2013 9:23 PM

Review by Ashby:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Have chronic back pain bulging disc in L1 and S5 along with lumbar thinning due to osteoarthritis which I have in my hands knees and ankles, also Fibromyalgia. I am prescribed 6 daily 10/325 Vicodin. When I have a"Flare up" they do not work. Doctor called this in for me 10 mg. I just took the 1st pill about an hour ago and I am pain free. Unfortunately he will not put me on this medication regularly, this is just to get me through until I can get another MRI to make sure nothing has changed in my spine.

May 7, 2013 2:13 PM

Review by ANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Without this medication, I wouldn't be able to do all the things that a mum is supposed to do. I've 3 small children and its hard especially with bulging discs and joints that because of wear and tear are so incredibly painful. The only thing is the withdrawal's. I forgot to get my script over the holiday and had no pain relief for 4 days. It was the worst 4 days of my whole entire life. I will never ever put myself through that EVER again. If I could give 1 bit of advice to someone who was starting on this medication it would be only take what you need.

May 2, 2013 10:30 AM

Review by happy patient (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: This medicine really helps with pain.

May 2, 2013 1:26 AM