User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 362 reviews 912 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 88 reviews 102 medications

8.7
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 450 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by princefan29:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: It worked the best.

May 12, 2013 9:23 PM

Review by Ashby:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Have chronic back pain bulging disc in L1 and S5 along with lumbar thinning due to osteoarthritis which I have in my hands knees and ankles, also Fibromyalgia. I am prescribed 6 daily 10/325 Vicodin. When I have a"Flare up" they do not work. Doctor called this in for me 10 mg. I just took the 1st pill about an hour ago and I am pain free. Unfortunately he will not put me on this medication regularly, this is just to get me through until I can get another MRI to make sure nothing has changed in my spine.

May 7, 2013 2:13 PM

Review by ANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Without this medication, I wouldn't be able to do all the things that a mum is supposed to do. I've 3 small children and its hard especially with bulging discs and joints that because of wear and tear are so incredibly painful. The only thing is the withdrawal's. I forgot to get my script over the holiday and had no pain relief for 4 days. It was the worst 4 days of my whole entire life. I will never ever put myself through that EVER again. If I could give 1 bit of advice to someone who was starting on this medication it would be only take what you need.

May 2, 2013 10:30 AM

Review by happy patient (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: This medicine really helps with pain.

May 2, 2013 1:26 AM

Review by big alec:

For Pain: I am a 59 year old, who has follicullar cancer plus chronic fatigue syndrome. I was on SR morphine tabs but had bad reactions to it so I was put on oxycodone oral 10mg as needed plus 20mgs of Oxycontin twice a day and the change in me is brilliant. Everyone who knows me says have they cured the illnesses as I look and feel great. They have not cured me but the tablets have given me a new lease of life.

April 29, 2013 5:08 AM

Review by Micheh (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: I have been through 2 severe accidents plus I was born with copious so I have strenuous disc disease 2 hesitated discs in my neck, 2 in my lumber and 3 building discs and I had all kinds of pain relieving injections had my nerves burned in my neck and it did work. The doctor wants me to get surgery but I have a terminal special needs child and without my 30 mg of occasions 4 times a day I wouldn't be able to move let alone enjoy my time with my beautiful daughter.

April 16, 2013 1:34 AM

Review by joe smow (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Works wonderful for severe pain if used as prescribed

April 13, 2013 11:59 AM

Review by Thedeanius (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: My PM doc ran me through the gamut of long acting pain killers before settling on OxyContin. When I started seeing this PM doc I had been taking 15 mg oxycodone (IR) 6 times a day and he told me we needed to get me on a long acting medicine. We tried Exalgo, Opana, Avinza, Nucynta, and Exalgo again. They all seemed to provide adequate pain relief, just not for the amount of time they claim to. Back to old faithful. OxyContin /oxycodone hasn't failed. me yet.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2013 3:16 AM

Review by Jake1219:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I been on Oxycontin for 6 years now, of course my PM doc gave me the lowest dose and worked up from there. I am at the maximum amount they will give me which is 80mg 3 X a day plus, Oxy IR 30mgs 3 times a day plus Soma 350mg 3 times a day, it may seem like a lot but over the years my body developed a tolerance to this medicine but now I have been on this same dose for 3 years and it is perfect, no need to take anymore but the bad thing is the DEA inspected my docs office and asked him to switch all of his patients off of Oxycontin to morphine so now I am on the morphine. I am finding that it does not work as good as the Oxycontin.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2013 1:37 PM

Review by mrpop:

For Chronic Pain: I have had 4 back surgeries and have cartilage degeneration disease in my knees and shoulders. I have been taking 60 Mg every 4 to 6 hours for the last 5 years. It has been a lifesaver for me as I was in such bad condition before going to this strength. I would work come home roll up in a ball and just hurt so bad. This medicine has allowed me to keep working and have a decent quality of life.

March 25, 2013 3:05 PM

Review by sammie1975:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I suffer with Elhers Danlos . This med Oxycontin has given me back my life. I take 15mg twice day. I can't get out of bed without it!

March 15, 2013 3:54 AM

Review by Bridgedog:

For Chronic Pain: I been taking oxycodone for 2 years. First they put me on morphine, which made me depressed all the time. The Dr would send the PA to talk so I stop going to him and started a new Dr in Staten Island. Hurt on the job, broke my back and had neck shoulder and knee problems from my work accident. I take oxycodone, feel better, much less depressed now and had no side effect with the new medicines. Life charging for me.

February 22, 2013 8:27 PM

Review by pigeontoe (taken for 10 years or more):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle.

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2013 7:14 PM

Review by Ballet Boy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Chronic Pain: I found this medication very useful in controlling my pain. Have had several oral surgeries. The stigma surrounding meds like these is frustrating. In my opinion, it makes it difficult for people like myself to get them prescribed, although I do understand it.

January 24, 2013 6:11 PM

Review by MHHOF (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: I suffer with horrible nerve burning on the back side of my head. I've tried shots, pills, etc, and nothing works! It is debilitating and the only effective medicine that works is oxycodone (20mg) 3X per day. It gave me mt life back! My doctor has been wonderful and the meds keep me functioning! I now have a life!

January 23, 2013 8:21 PM

Review by Screendoor2013:

For Chronic Pain: I have severe pain in my neck and shoulders, migraine headaches, left knee residual pain from surgery, osteo arthritis in neck, knees, thumbs and hips. I took one oxycodone 5 mg and after about an hour I was totally pain free for the first time in years. It was an amazing feeling to not have pain. It took me several hours to realize I was pain free.

January 21, 2013 2:22 AM

Review by Archer1234:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I used Oxycontin to deal with leg and terrible back pain. I was taking Vicodin, and if I didn't get ahead of my pain, I ended up using as many as 8 a day. All of the acetaminophen was damaging my liver. When I switched insurance companies, I had a regular doctor and a new pain management doctor, who told me that the Oxycontin was a better medicine for chronic pain because it does not have the ups and downs that Vicodin has, because Vicodin only lasts about 4 hours. I used the medicine for many years. I now use the Fentanyl patch with great results!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2013 11:24 PM

For Chronic Pain: Have been on oxycodone for about close to 4 months it works wonders. I can finally function correctly. I'm very thankful of this medicine and don't have any side effects. I'm about 80 percent pain free.

January 1, 2013 6:12 PM

Review by yorkielover64:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have been living with chronic knee and back pain since 1982 with having a total of 13 right and left knee surgeries. I have degenerative joint disease throughout, the sacral vertebra in my spine have fused together and have injury in my back. I have been on multiple pain medications over the years and this medication helps me get through the day along with Flexerill. I have quit taking it for several months on end so I don't get addicted and did not have any side effects or withdrawal symptoms. I did have high levels of pain, but anyone who lives with a chronic condition like ours understands this. I have a great doctor who works with me trying to control it.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2012 3:46 PM

Review by ssgtmarine (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For : worked great the first year then I started having many side effects. Racing heart, fatigue, shortness of breath, being dizzy 24/7, palpitations etc.

December 9, 2012 10:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have chronic pain in my lower back, and this medication enables me to get out of bed each day and keep working. That said, I don't get the full 12hrs sustained release. For me its more like 9-10hrs relief before I feel it progressively wearing off (and supplement with a small dose of IR Oxycodone). Side effects? Finding the right dosage was tricky. Too little and I was in pain, but too much and I could barely keep my eyes open to function. I was fatigued the whole time and itchy all over. I've now found a stable balance between pain relief and side effects that is workable with the rest of my life. Overall, it's been a miracle medicine for me to relieve debilitating pain. I'm still in my 30's and am too young to be feeling 80 every day.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2012 3:43 AM

For Pain: I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden.

November 6, 2012 7:35 PM

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I've had 10 surgeries on both of my legs. I just started going to a doctor this month and they gave me roxys. They work more than any other medicine out there. I'm so happy I can now take my son for a walk and do things that I couldn't before. I want to thank my doc for taking my pain away.

October 23, 2012 1:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Prescribed 30mg 3x daily. Used to be on Opana 40mg. Opana was definitely a better solution because 1 pill a day is better than 3. New formula causes stomach problems for me, but now I am on roxicodone and it does great for my spinal disc pain Just wish I didn't have to take 3 a day

October 8, 2012 5:53 AM