User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 370 reviews 935 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 109 reviews 105 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 479 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Oxycodone

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Degenerative Disc Disease. In 20 years I have been through all the medicines a regular doctor can write a prescription for. Once in pain management I started with 10 mg OxyContin twice a day then to 20mg twice a day. Now I am on OxyContin 20mg twice a day. OxyContin has worked for me in the long haul."

DogLover55 September 14, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I feel this medicine has helped with minimum side effects. I do not get a high or low feeling taking it. I have been able to do more with little pain. I have learned my limitations which was very important in order to not over do it that can cause more problems."

sherryms1 September 13, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Arthritis, ileostomy to name a few. 10mg slow release morning and night and 15mg 4 x a day of immediate release also take other meds. My tiredness is caused by my condition, but life has been more bearable. Sadly no cure but I have some relief and can do small things like wee short trips on mobility scooter."

elliie (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Great"

uncle jed August 31, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Have had back problems for 25 years, my doctor has me on 30 mg 2X a day. My doctor is so scared of the DEA that it took a lot to get this. I really need 3 a day but he wont hear of it. I wish he would give me this and maybe something else for the break through pain but he will not do it. Just glad I get this much."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2013

Roxicodone Intensol (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Good with pain."

pillsrmythang August 14, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I suffer from degenerative arthritis in my lower spine, which is slowly making its way up my back. At first I was taking Oxynorm which is the same as OxyContin but in an instant release form. I began on 10mg a day, however due to tolerance issues this dosage quickly increased. Leaving me in a state where I was so stoned I might as well have been drunk. Concerned with that I spoke to my GP who changed me over to OxyContin, slow release. After 3 years, due once again to tolerance I am on 80mg 3x24hrs. The pain relief is awesome sometimes it's so effective I forget my backs stuffed. However some of the side effects are bad for instance I forget to breath, have trouble swallowing and the constipation is horrendous."

Gozzo August 11, 2013

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Now I am able to break times between doses of Ms-Contin."

Nokki75 August 10, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "Well I only been on oxycodone for a month now. A few years ago I had got shot in my leg, I went through a lot of pain. I've tried different pain medicines and I can say this works the best for me. Its a strong medicine that works."

dell26 August 8, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have had back pain for 16 years now, I have been on every pain medicine and these are the best. "

BOOF MEDS August 4, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I've been on OxyContin 10mg 2x daily for about a month now and I stopped it about 2 days ago. I had gotten to where I didn't have the energy to do anything, getting out of bed was a tremendous chore and I have been waking up with a headache and going to bed with a headache. This is the second day off of it and I have a little more energy than I've had since I started it and I am hoping the headaches stop real soon. I made an appt to go back to my Dr. early to change."

Jerrie4364 (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "This has changed my life for the better. Able to work long hours. Lots of energy."

Divkey July 23, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I had a cervical fusion at level C5/C6 in 2002. I am in 100X more pain AFTER the surgery than before. Suffer severe chronic pain! After injections and many pain meds, ALL of which I suffered severe side effects, was finally given OxyContin X 2 daily and Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I still suffer pain daily. However, these are the only meds my system can tolerate -or else I'd be bedridden. "

Anonymous from WI (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Have had leg/hip pain for over a year now. My doctor finally put me on OxyContin, and it works fantastic, however, I am concerned about the problem of becoming dependent on this medication. This should not be a long term medication. "

Tom M in PA July 18, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I had knee replacement years ago, when they got in there it was a lot worse than what they thought, I ended up with steel from almost my hip to halfway down my shin. This has made the difference in me walking and being wheel chair bound. with Oxycontin I can shop, and do normal things. Without the pain relief it gives me I would be useless."

Oxy condone (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 14, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "This medication is great for my chronic back pain. I have been on the same dose for over two years and it helped me get through most of the day just on two 20mg pills. Lately it has stopped working as well and I am having a lot of breakthrough pain as the OXycontin is extended release and from it working for almost 6 hours per dose it now only helps for about 2 hours. It is great if you are also given something for breakthrough pain but I cannot imagine being off of it to be honest. I have had severe chronic lower back pain due to a pinched nerve which causes shooting pain that goes up and down my spine and even causes my legs to go numb. I also have carpal tunnel in my right hand and fibromyalgia. Overall this medication has been very helpful."

dollface2u (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been taking for about 7 years. Started at 10mg 2xs a day plus 7.5 mg Vicodin 3xs a day. Now taking 30mg 2xs a day and 7.5 mg Norco 3 to 4xs a day. Before they changed the formula, it worked a lot better. It does give pain relief but it doesn't last 12 hrs, like they claim. I have herniated disc in back also AVN in hips. Just had left hip totally replaced now I need right hip replaced before they will do surgery on my back."

Ozzymania1964 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I have been taking this prescription for about five months now. Before that, I was taking OxyContin 30 mg twice a day and oxycodone 10 mg as needed. I asked my doctor to switch me over to these oxycodone only, with a slight raise in the dose, because of the price. OxyContin are terribly expensive! "

Anniebananie12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 1, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "Works, able to move after ten years of everything else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was on Percocet 10/325 and the highest dose. It was killing my stomach but since my doctor changed it to just roxicodone without acetaminophen I feel much better. It definitely helps with the pain. I take a lot less pills now because I'm on the right dose. I haven't had any bad reactions either so far. Been on this for almost a year now."

Gizzmo727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "Would recommend this to someone with chronic to severe neck or back pain. I only take 1-2 of these a day compared to taking 6-8 hydrocodone a day. They work fast and last. "

neeko3238 June 22, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I initially suffered compression fractures of L1, L2, & L3 with fractures of the vertebrae & 20% disc space loss between L1 & L2 & L2 & L3. Only 8 months later I had the unfortunate experience at a sporting goods store, a 240lb shelf fell directly on my head knocking me out cold for 30 seconds. That also led to a fractured C5, nerve damage, & a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). I was lucky enough to get in to see 1 of the best pain management doctors, who was working out of a hospital in Denver at the time, and he put me on Roxicodone 30mg x 6/day and I've never had a more effective medication! It truly made the pain vanish & I could go about my day as normal. I moved to IL & they drastically lowered my meds & switched me to Dilaudid & it isn't nearly as effective!"

ZuluAlphaKilo07 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2013

For Pain: "Best pain medication I've ever taken. It makes me tired though and it also makes me very itchy."

ALMPA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I used to take Vicodin 500 for severe menstrual cramps, this was in the the early 90's. I just used it for menstrual pain. I had a breast augment in 2001 and received enough Percocet to heal and my Dr. addressed using it as directed. I was suffering neck and shoulder pain already and never considered using opiates. It became so chronic and severe that by 2010 I couldn't work and by 2011 I was on 5mg oxycodone. Now in 2013 I use 20 mg Oxycontin 2x a day with 5 mg oxycodone for breakthrough pain. It has allowed me to exercise, go outside and drive, shop again, see my friends and family. It is no substitute for treatment. I am a candidate for spine surgery, I will attempt this at 37. I will see with proper therapeutic options and surgery how I can taper."

4RealJennyB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2013

For Pain: "I have low back pain and down my right leg from osteoporosis, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. For two years I have cried most of the night in severe pain. This medicine takes about 45 minutes to kick in and lasts about 3 hours at 5mg. The problem (I think) is that my doctor will not raise the dose, which I understand but only allows me to take it every 12 hours. After about 3-4 hours I'm in severe pain again and just watch the clock and cry. The label on the bottle says every 4 hrs as needed but will not refill if I take more than 2 a day. "

JoanieH June 16, 2013