User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 359 reviews 908 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 76 reviews 102 medications

8.8
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 435 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by Screendoor2013: User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: I have severe pain in my neck and shoulders, migraine headaches, left knee residual pain from surgery, osteo arthritis in neck, knees, thumbs and hips. I took one oxycodone 5 mg and after about an hour I was totally pain free for the first time in years. It was an amazing feeling to not have pain. It took me several hours to realize I was pain free.

January 21, 2013 2:22 AM
Review by Archer1234: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I used Oxycontin to deal with leg and terrible back pain. I was taking Vicodin, and if I didn't get ahead of my pain, I ended up using as many as 8 a day. All of the acetaminophen was damaging my liver. When I switched insurance companies, I had a regular doctor and a new pain management doctor, who told me that the Oxycontin was a better medicine for chronic pain because it does not have the ups and downs that Vicodin has, because Vicodin only lasts about 4 hours. I used the medicine for many years. I now use the Fentanyl patch with great results!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 9, 2013 11:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: Have been on oxycodone for about close to 4 months it works wonders. I can finally function correctly. I'm very thankful of this medicine and don't have any side effects. I'm about 80 percent pain free.

January 1, 2013 6:12 PM
Review by yorkielover64: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have been living with chronic knee and back pain since 1982 with having a total of 13 right and left knee surgeries. I have degenerative joint disease throughout, the sacral vertebra in my spine have fused together and have injury in my back. I have been on multiple pain medications over the years and this medication helps me get through the day along with Flexerill. I have quit taking it for several months on end so I don't get addicted and did not have any side effects or withdrawal symptoms. I did have high levels of pain, but anyone who lives with a chronic condition like ours understands this. I have a great doctor who works with me trying to control it.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 22, 2012 3:46 PM
Review by ssgtmarine (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

worked great the first year then I started having many side effects. Racing heart, fatigue, shortness of breath, being dizzy 24/7, palpitations etc.

December 9, 2012 10:45 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have chronic pain in my lower back, and this medication enables me to get out of bed each day and keep working. That said, I don't get the full 12hrs sustained release. For me its more like 9-10hrs relief before I feel it progressively wearing off (and supplement with a small dose of IR Oxycodone). Side effects? Finding the right dosage was tricky. Too little and I was in pain, but too much and I could barely keep my eyes open to function. I was fatigued the whole time and itchy all over. I've now found a stable balance between pain relief and side effects that is workable with the rest of my life. Overall, it's been a miracle medicine for me to relieve debilitating pain. I'm still in my 30's and am too young to be feeling 80 every day.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2012 3:43 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden.

November 6, 2012 7:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I've had 10 surgeries on both of my legs. I just started going to a doctor this month and they gave me roxys. They work more than any other medicine out there. I'm so happy I can now take my son for a walk and do things that I couldn't before. I want to thank my doc for taking my pain away.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 23, 2012 1:23 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Prescribed 30mg 3x daily. Used to be on Opana 40mg. Opana was definitely a better solution because 1 pill a day is better than 3. New formula causes stomach problems for me, but now I am on roxicodone and it does great for my spinal disc pain Just wish I didn't have to take 3 a day

October 8, 2012 5:53 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Minimal relief with itching

October 2, 2012 3:52 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I was just put on Oxycodone after a brutal tooth extraction. The pain after the extraction nearly brought me to my knees. After I took two Oxycodones, the pain had simply vanished. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering pain from a tooth extraction. It works wonders.

September 25, 2012 10:52 AM
Review by SHORTIE33 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I had 2 spinal fusions one on 5-5-10 and the 2nd one 11-11-11 and they both have failed. This is my 1st time being on oxycontin I was previously on 2 different strengths of oxycodone, which worked well for me but pain management wanted me to be on oxycontin and oxycodone and without my pain meds I can not get out of bed. I had 2 collapsed, bulging disc in my lower lumbar I started out with a cage and it never fused now I have a plate which is not taking. I have degenerative disc disease, sciatica, and many more problems I have more bulging disc and a cracked vertebra but I am really hesitant to have another back surgery due to the previous experiences.

September 15, 2012 2:26 AM
Review by ellie1 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I would just like to say that I have been taking Oxycontin along with other strong pain medication for years, I have been blessed by doctors who understand what chronic pain can do to your life and not being afraid to prescribe what is needed. Although I am still in chronic pain, I would not be able to get out of bed without these medications.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 12, 2012 9:32 PM
Review by Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin.

September 5, 2012 6:57 AM
Review by Jonty (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I hope your pain is managed as best as it can be! I'm in the UK and and am prescribed both OxyContin (sustained release) and Oxynorm which is a fast acting version of oxycodone. I have degenerative disc disease in my lumbar spine and am listed for surgery in early October 2012. This medicine takes the edge of my pain.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 28, 2012 2:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: 15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back.

August 27, 2012 10:17 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Quick to act, seems to also help with depression, overall the best pain medicine I've been prescribed.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 27, 2012 9:52 PM
Review by buzzard156: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk.

August 20, 2012 10:22 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc, neck issues and this is the only medicine that doesn't bother my stomach (gastric ulcer) or give me panic attacks. The problem is being able to get it because of abuse by other people.

August 10, 2012 7:44 PM
Review by Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 26, 2012 4:14 PM
Review by Daily headache: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 23, 2012 11:44 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful.

July 16, 2012 3:06 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: This is the best medicine for pain.

July 13, 2012 8:05 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Great

July 12, 2012 11:04 AM
Review by kawa-god (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more.

July 11, 2012 8:17 PM