User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 375 reviews 908 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 118 reviews 106 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 493 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Oxycodone

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "My PM doc ran me through the gamut of long acting pain killers before settling on OxyContin. When I started seeing this PM doc I had been taking 15 mg oxycodone (IR) 6 times a day and he told me we needed to get me on a long acting medicine. We tried Exalgo, Opana, Avinza, Nucynta, and Exalgo again. They all seemed to provide adequate pain relief, just not for the amount of time they claim to. Back to old faithful. OxyContin /oxycodone hasn't failed. me yet."

Thedeanius (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I been on Oxycontin for 6 years now, of course my PM doc gave me the lowest dose and worked up from there. I am at the maximum amount they will give me which is 80mg 3 X a day plus, Oxy IR 30mgs 3 times a day plus Soma 350mg 3 times a day, it may seem like a lot but over the years my body developed a tolerance to this medicine but now I have been on this same dose for 3 years and it is perfect, no need to take anymore but the bad thing is the DEA inspected my docs office and asked him to switch all of his patients off of Oxycontin to morphine so now I am on the morphine. I am finding that it does not work as good as the Oxycontin."

Jake1219 March 26, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have had 4 back surgeries and have cartilage degeneration disease in my knees and shoulders. I have been taking 60 Mg every 4 to 6 hours for the last 5 years. It has been a lifesaver for me as I was in such bad condition before going to this strength. I would work come home roll up in a ball and just hurt so bad. This medicine has allowed me to keep working and have a decent quality of life."

mrpop March 25, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I suffer with Elhers Danlos . This med Oxycontin has given me back my life. I take 15mg twice day. I can't get out of bed without it!"

sammie1975 March 15, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I been taking oxycodone for 2 years. First they put me on morphine, which made me depressed all the time. The Dr would send the PA to talk so I stop going to him and started a new Dr in Staten Island. Hurt on the job, broke my back and had neck shoulder and knee problems from my work accident. I take oxycodone, feel better, much less depressed now and had no side effect with the new medicines. Life charging for me."

Bridgedog February 22, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle. "

pigeontoe (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2013

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I found this medication very useful in controlling my pain. Have had several oral surgeries. The stigma surrounding meds like these is frustrating. In my opinion, it makes it difficult for people like myself to get them prescribed, although I do understand it."

Ballet Boy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 24, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I suffer with horrible nerve burning on the back side of my head. I've tried shots, pills, etc, and nothing works! It is debilitating and the only effective medicine that works is oxycodone (20mg) 3X per day. It gave me mt life back! My doctor has been wonderful and the meds keep me functioning! I now have a life!"

MHHOF (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I have severe pain in my neck and shoulders, migraine headaches, left knee residual pain from surgery, osteo arthritis in neck, knees, thumbs and hips. I took one oxycodone 5 mg and after about an hour I was totally pain free for the first time in years. It was an amazing feeling to not have pain. It took me several hours to realize I was pain free. "

Screendoor2013 January 21, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I used Oxycontin to deal with leg and terrible back pain. I was taking Vicodin, and if I didn't get ahead of my pain, I ended up using as many as 8 a day. All of the acetaminophen was damaging my liver. When I switched insurance companies, I had a regular doctor and a new pain management doctor, who told me that the Oxycontin was a better medicine for chronic pain because it does not have the ups and downs that Vicodin has, because Vicodin only lasts about 4 hours. I used the medicine for many years. I now use the Fentanyl patch with great results!"

Archer1234 January 9, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Have been on oxycodone for about close to 4 months it works wonders. I can finally function correctly. I'm very thankful of this medicine and don't have any side effects. I'm about 80 percent pain free."

Anonymous January 1, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been living with chronic knee and back pain since 1982 with having a total of 13 right and left knee surgeries. I have degenerative joint disease throughout, the sacral vertebra in my spine have fused together and have injury in my back. I have been on multiple pain medications over the years and this medication helps me get through the day along with Flexerill. I have quit taking it for several months on end so I don't get addicted and did not have any side effects or withdrawal symptoms. I did have high levels of pain, but anyone who lives with a chronic condition like ours understands this. I have a great doctor who works with me trying to control it."

yorkielover64 December 22, 2012

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For : "worked great the first year then I started having many side effects. Racing heart, fatigue, shortness of breath, being dizzy 24/7, palpitations etc. "

ssgtmarine (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have chronic pain in my lower back, and this medication enables me to get out of bed each day and keep working. That said, I don't get the full 12hrs sustained release. For me its more like 9-10hrs relief before I feel it progressively wearing off (and supplement with a small dose of IR Oxycodone). Side effects? Finding the right dosage was tricky. Too little and I was in pain, but too much and I could barely keep my eyes open to function. I was fatigued the whole time and itchy all over. I've now found a stable balance between pain relief and side effects that is workable with the rest of my life. Overall, it's been a miracle medicine for me to relieve debilitating pain. I'm still in my 30's and am too young to be feeling 80 every day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2012

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden. "

Anonymous November 6, 2012

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I've had 10 surgeries on both of my legs. I just started going to a doctor this month and they gave me roxys. They work more than any other medicine out there. I'm so happy I can now take my son for a walk and do things that I couldn't before. I want to thank my doc for taking my pain away."

Anonymous October 23, 2012

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Prescribed 30mg 3x daily. Used to be on Opana 40mg. Opana was definitely a better solution because 1 pill a day is better than 3. New formula causes stomach problems for me, but now I am on roxicodone and it does great for my spinal disc pain Just wish I didn't have to take 3 a day"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Minimal relief with itching"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2012

For Pain: "I was just put on Oxycodone after a brutal tooth extraction. The pain after the extraction nearly brought me to my knees. After I took two Oxycodones, the pain had simply vanished. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering pain from a tooth extraction. It works wonders."

Anonymous September 25, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I had 2 spinal fusions one on 5-5-10 and the 2nd one 11-11-11 and they both have failed. This is my 1st time being on oxycontin I was previously on 2 different strengths of oxycodone, which worked well for me but pain management wanted me to be on oxycontin and oxycodone and without my pain meds I can not get out of bed. I had 2 collapsed, bulging disc in my lower lumbar I started out with a cage and it never fused now I have a plate which is not taking. I have degenerative disc disease, sciatica, and many more problems I have more bulging disc and a cracked vertebra but I am really hesitant to have another back surgery due to the previous experiences."

SHORTIE33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I would just like to say that I have been taking Oxycontin along with other strong pain medication for years, I have been blessed by doctors who understand what chronic pain can do to your life and not being afraid to prescribe what is needed. Although I am still in chronic pain, I would not be able to get out of bed without these medications. "

ellie1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 12, 2012

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin. "

Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2012

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I hope your pain is managed as best as it can be! I'm in the UK and and am prescribed both OxyContin (sustained release) and Oxynorm which is a fast acting version of oxycodone. I have degenerative disc disease in my lumbar spine and am listed for surgery in early October 2012. This medicine takes the edge of my pain. "

Jonty (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 28, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back."

Anonymous August 27, 2012

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Quick to act, seems to also help with depression, overall the best pain medicine I've been prescribed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2012

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next