User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 359 reviews 910 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 83 reviews 102 medications

8.7
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 442 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by MRSDJMCW:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: After 11 back surgeries (cervical,lumbar) due to scoliosis,and degenerative disc disease,I finally feel almost normal again. I have complete pain relief from my 3 a day Roxy 30 mg. and Fentanyl patch 150 mg. I have actually been cutting back on my Roxy as my condition improves. With virtually no side effects (constipation, sometimes drowsimess) this has kept me comfortable through all my surgeries and recoveries. Take only as directed by your Dr,and you too can experience freedom from your chronic pain. Highly recommended!

February 24, 2012 7:48 PM

Review by rabidr:

For Pain: I had my first back surgery 10 years ago fusion L-5 S-1 I was pain free for about 5 years, then the pain returned. I went to a pain clinic and went through many epedural injections which did not help. The doctor finally put on Oxycontin 15mg immediate release which reduced my pain greatly. I found the two discs above my surgery were fractured so I had to go through another surgery. The surgeon refused to give oxycodone after my surgery and I was in a lot of pain. I finally got in to see my pain doctor and he was appalled that the surgeon did not give oxys. People think you are a junkie when you tell them you are taking them, but I don't care they are the only things that help my pain.

February 21, 2012 2:49 PM

Review by tawnalee:

For Pain: I have severe osteoarthritis in my knees and was given Mobic, Celebrex, Voltaren and ibuprofen 800 at different times nothing helped. Then I had dental surgery and was given 10mg of Lortabs. Wow I could walk, I didnot literally have to almost crawl out of work, walk my dog, clean my house and play with my grandkids. I've put on 80 lbs since I cannot move when I get off work. I only had medicines for 10 days and it was a miracle.

February 19, 2012 9:28 PM

Review by Feeling better Now:

For Pain: I have lived in pain for over 7 years (if you can even call that living). Living in different states over these 7 years I have been to many doctors that have tried many different types of medications to help me with the pain. The best ANY of these medicines would do is help me with the severe headaches that the pain would actually cause. THEN I was introduced to Oxycodone. The pain was reduced to almost none at all.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2012 1:05 AM

Review by Stephen Wood:

For Pain: I've had 14 surgeries and been in 3 coma's all from motorcycle racing. I've broken almost every bone in my body. I have taken almost all the pain medication including shots (that did not work). This is the only medicine that will relieve my pain by about 30%.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2012 2:59 PM

Review by Raptor660rider:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have suffered with degenerative disc disease, 5 herniated discs and arthritis in my lumbar spine and neck. I have taken every medicine available, have tried all the injections but NOTHING works like Oxycontin. I now have a very rare form of Leukemia which doubled the pain that I was already in.

January 25, 2012 7:14 PM

For : This medication completely gets rid of my chronic, terrible pain. I'm thankful for this medicine due to the fact that it gives me the ability to walk. People take the ability to move without pain for granted, but not I, and this medicine is the reason why that is the case.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2012 9:18 PM

Review by Glad4OC:

For Pain: Having dealt with extreme back pain for years, I finally found a pain management doctor who prescribed oxycodone. I have several herniated discs in my lumbar back, previous cervical disc removal with fusion and have material "floating" in my back, pressing on my sciatic nerve in 3 different areas. Before the oxycodone, I would sit at work and suffer for 12 hours at a time, praying for something to take away the pain. I would rock back and forth trying to take my mind off the pain.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2012 12:06 PM

Review by sweetgirl1979:

For Pain: I'm 32yrs old and have been a dancer for 16 years. I was diagnosed with degenerated disc disease 8 years ago and was put on Lortab 7.5mg 4 times a day then about 3yrs ago I had a very bad slip and fall and that caused 2 bulged discs in my neck. I also have mild scoliosis and moderate arthritis. I would not be able to have the physical profession that I do without oxycodone. I've been taking 180mg a day for 3 years. This medicine has been able to keep me living a productive life! I'm so happy I have read all these posts.. Thanks to all of you!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2012 6:03 AM

For Pain: Excellent for relief of pain.

December 20, 2011 4:56 PM

Review by BlondyLocks10:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: This medicine was great. Like you all say I got my life back, but then I started to get to where I felt like I was 80 years old in the morning I had severe leg cramps causing me to walk like a 80 year old women would walk, and I am only 46. I had pain in my calves and in my heels, shoulder pain severe. I could not sit or stand for long periods of time. I kept telling myself that it not the Roxy I was on that was causing me so much pain because I like how it let me get my work done. But then when I started feeling the horrible pain in my calves that I could barely walk and made me very weak like I could not do my normal stuff, it put me into a depression because I felt like I was old before my time.

December 17, 2011 3:23 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have taken oxycodone for 2 years now. I had back surgery to repair a vertebrae that had been destroyed by cancer. I was on morphine for a while, but my wife complained that I was loopy on it. The oxycodone has been much better in that regard as well as pain relief. I take 40mgs twice a day and am very happy with the results.

December 13, 2011 9:14 AM

Review by backagain:

For Pain: Had disc replaced L5- S1 with laminectomy plus 2 rods and 4 screws inserted, pain was unbearable while taking Vicodin. Finally was prescribed 30mg oxycodone 3 times a day. I am doing things I haven't been able to do in years. Excellent when taken as prescribed.

December 13, 2011 5:51 AM

For Pain: Great for breakthrough pain.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2011 5:01 PM

Review by Sooninpain:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: This is a good medication to take for pain, when you can acquire it. Right now it is rather difficult to get my prescriptions filled.

November 26, 2011 5:15 PM

For Pain: Is great for pain.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2011 11:31 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on this medicine for about 11 to 12 years and found it to be the most effective and most tolerable for me. I have had to have my dosage raised over the 12 year period and take 210 mg over a 24 hr period, which is quite high. I don't believe I will have it raised from this level though because eventually the higher dose won't work either so I have decided that I will just have to live with some degree of pain and limit what I'm able to do. I also feel it causes erectile dysfunction and have talked to many others who say the same thing. I believe it affects many more than the 1% they claim with erectile dysfunction. Probably closer to 98% in reality.

November 16, 2011 9:06 PM

Review by Quetzalcoatl:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: Roxicodone has improved the quality of my life exponentially. Like so many others on this site, chronic pain has been a debilitating nuisance for me, one that I initially dismissed as a sign of aging. As my doctor confirmed a sciatic nerve compression, I was given Roxicodone to manage my aches and pain. Immediately, I felt years younger -- no longer am I stuck avoiding everyday tasks, such as grocery shopping, for fear that the pain will ruin my day. This medication has also improved my performance at work and at school, as I am able to concentrate without random aches and pains distracting me. I feel more rested when I wake up in the morning. Yes, this is a "serious" drug, but taking it as prescribed will get your life back - seriously!

November 15, 2011 12:57 AM

Review by pam n jb:

For Pain: This medicine is the only medicine that I find to help with the pain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2011 4:00 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been diagnosed with Lumbar Spondylosis, Lumbar Canal Stenosis and Lumbar Radiculopathy. Oxycontin helps to keep my back pain down so I can walk. I had surgery on 11-15-2010 and they put two rods in my back but the pain is still there.

November 7, 2011 3:32 PM

Review by loving wife:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: My husband has degenerative disc disease. He has had a two level spinal fusion on his L5 and S1 discs as well as two rods and six screws of hardware in his spine. He was only 27 years old when this injury happened. I totally feel for anyone who has to suffer from back pain. It changed his life forever. Normal activities that people take for granted everyday were almost impossible for him to do. He's been through numerous doctors and has tried every pain medication out there. He now takes 30mg roxicodone 6 times a day. It has totally been a lifesaver for him and given him his quality of life back. He still has some pain and bad days but nothing like before.

November 5, 2011 9:58 PM

Review by HARLEYPENNY:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Life is livable again. I have had no side effects. I stay very aware of the possibility for abuse so am very careful. I count my pills throughout the month and have to give a urine sample every couple months at the pain clinic. I have been on the same dose..60 mg every 12 hours for approx. 5 years. I cannot go back to life before I was placed on this medicine. There has been and always will be people who will abuse pain medicines and I can understand why doctors are so afraid to prescribe them but someone has to stand up and treat people like myself so we can get out of bed and face the day.

November 2, 2011 3:28 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I thank God everyday for this medication. I have pain in both of my knees and my lower back and both feet has spurs. I am only 47 yrs old, without Oxycontin I would not have a good life. I thank the makers of the wonderful pill because I can enjoy my life without suffering with pain.

October 24, 2011 7:45 AM

For Pain: I wouldn't have a life without oxycodone and Oxycontin. I take 30mg oxycodone 4 to 5 times a day and 40mg Oxycontin 2 times a day. Without these I couldn't function. I have neuropathy, fibromyalgia and arthritis throughout my body. I as many others I read said, am so sick of being looked at like I'm a junkie when I run a successful business I could never do without this medication. Take as prescribed and you are fine. I don't abuse it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2011 9:25 PM

Review by old sailor:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: My doctor took me through a number of different medicines prior to starting Oxycontin. I have found that I sleep and eat better on Oxycontin. More importantly I function better on Oxycontin, including being able to care for myself. Since I began taking it my insurance tried to force me to the "generic" Oxycodone ER. Oxycodone made me physically ill whenever it released, it's continued use would have made me totally reliant on outside help as I live alone with closest family over 2,000 miles away. Since the Oxycodone affair we have tried other medicines and nothing works as well without the physical illness. I have ankylosing spondylitis and am looking at chronic pain.

October 18, 2011 11:02 AM