User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 370 reviews 935 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 110 reviews 105 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 480 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Oxycodone

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have chronic pain in my lower back, and this medication enables me to get out of bed each day and keep working. That said, I don't get the full 12hrs sustained release. For me its more like 9-10hrs relief before I feel it progressively wearing off (and supplement with a small dose of IR Oxycodone). Side effects? Finding the right dosage was tricky. Too little and I was in pain, but too much and I could barely keep my eyes open to function. I was fatigued the whole time and itchy all over. I've now found a stable balance between pain relief and side effects that is workable with the rest of my life. Overall, it's been a miracle medicine for me to relieve debilitating pain. I'm still in my 30's and am too young to be feeling 80 every day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2012

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "I just had a gigantic ventral hernia repair with mesh. Surgery alone took three hours. Twelve holes. Also liver biopsy. Taking 100mg as needed. Cant walk, stand, move without severe pain. I am frustrated and sick of being bedridden. "

Anonymous November 6, 2012

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I've had 10 surgeries on both of my legs. I just started going to a doctor this month and they gave me roxys. They work more than any other medicine out there. I'm so happy I can now take my son for a walk and do things that I couldn't before. I want to thank my doc for taking my pain away."

Anonymous October 23, 2012

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Prescribed 30mg 3x daily. Used to be on Opana 40mg. Opana was definitely a better solution because 1 pill a day is better than 3. New formula causes stomach problems for me, but now I am on roxicodone and it does great for my spinal disc pain Just wish I didn't have to take 3 a day"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Minimal relief with itching"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2012

For Pain: "I was just put on Oxycodone after a brutal tooth extraction. The pain after the extraction nearly brought me to my knees. After I took two Oxycodones, the pain had simply vanished. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering pain from a tooth extraction. It works wonders."

Anonymous September 25, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I had 2 spinal fusions one on 5-5-10 and the 2nd one 11-11-11 and they both have failed. This is my 1st time being on oxycontin I was previously on 2 different strengths of oxycodone, which worked well for me but pain management wanted me to be on oxycontin and oxycodone and without my pain meds I can not get out of bed. I had 2 collapsed, bulging disc in my lower lumbar I started out with a cage and it never fused now I have a plate which is not taking. I have degenerative disc disease, sciatica, and many more problems I have more bulging disc and a cracked vertebra but I am really hesitant to have another back surgery due to the previous experiences."

SHORTIE33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I would just like to say that I have been taking Oxycontin along with other strong pain medication for years, I have been blessed by doctors who understand what chronic pain can do to your life and not being afraid to prescribe what is needed. Although I am still in chronic pain, I would not be able to get out of bed without these medications. "

ellie1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 12, 2012

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin. "

Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2012

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I hope your pain is managed as best as it can be! I'm in the UK and and am prescribed both OxyContin (sustained release) and Oxynorm which is a fast acting version of oxycodone. I have degenerative disc disease in my lumbar spine and am listed for surgery in early October 2012. This medicine takes the edge of my pain. "

Jonty (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 28, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back."

Anonymous August 27, 2012

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Quick to act, seems to also help with depression, overall the best pain medicine I've been prescribed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2012

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk. "

buzzard156 August 20, 2012

For Pain: "I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc, neck issues and this is the only medicine that doesn't bother my stomach (gastric ulcer) or give me panic attacks. The problem is being able to get it because of abuse by other people. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!"

Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human."

Daily headache July 23, 2012

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "This is the best medicine for pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more."

kawa-god (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I've been on the 60mg twice a day for over 2 years now with Roxicodone 30mg every six hours for breakthrough pain, works better for me than Avinza, High dose Norco, and even the Fentanyl Patches 25mcg-75mcg. It has given my life back, I do recommend you talk to your doctor and get on this medicine, the old version that had OC and 60 was a lot better than the newer OP/60, but eventually your body gets used to it. Just be careful take it as directed. The only side effect is constipation, but otherwise a God-Send!"

Greenboy19 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2012

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "Great pain relief ...but was like intestinal cement for me. Was continually constipated. Nothing helped this...enemas, Miralax, Exlax. Was horrible."

Girllovescats (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Made me feel a lot better and able to walk further and do day to day things."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2012

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Took it twice and vomited both times."

Anonymous June 7, 2012

For Pain: "Very exceptional. Has taken away the PAIN I thought would never stop. No side effects experienced nor was I out of control of my actions or any other media hype you read. Why are any medications developed if they cannot be used the way they are intended to be used. "

B.D. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2012