User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 359 reviews 908 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 76 reviews 102 medications

8.8
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 435 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by Just a guy: User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: I'll keep this short. Works great for pain. WILL ROT YOUR TEETH OUT. Just a warning to people who think this drug is cool and hip. It's not. It's the devil. Once you get hooked you are hooked and its not very fun. You've been warned.

October 27, 2013 4:11 PM
Review by tidydoo: User Rating:

Oxydose (oxycodone) for Pain: If your Doctor recommends this drug for pain please explore all other options before beginning to take it. I in the beginning thought that it was a God send and it did indeed work wonders on my chronic pain however after two hip revisions back to back , a spinal stimulator being placed then removed due to malfunction I find for me this medication for me takes the edge off at best. But I do not mean to ramble I am only one out of many millions that that this drug works wonders for. The other problem I had with this medication is when they changed the formulation. You see in changing it they made it harder for drug abusers to abuse and, for people like me who do not abuse it and really need it ,made less effective. HARD TO DOSE DOWN!!!!!

October 22, 2013 5:07 PM
Review by corina70 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I suffer abdominal pain from 9 failed laparotomies to remove cysts and ovaries, im currently on 80mg Oxycontin 5 x a day, and Lyrica 2 x 450mg daily also for nerve damage this just takes the edge off it could be better but will try patch maybe all i need.....i suffer spinal probs as well neck as knees.......im a walking wounded so to speak lol.....

October 20, 2013 6:27 PM
Review by Oonie (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: I have cervical cancer and end up in pain if I'm not on my medicines. Oxycodones really seem to do the trick.

October 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Review by MRSDJMCW (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have been on strong pain medication since 2006 due to 13 spinal surgeries. Fentanyl, MS Contin, Roxicodone, were all effective at 1 point, but side effects and tolerance levels caused me to switch to Oxycontin 40mg 3 times a day, with Roxicodone for break through pain. Finding the correct dosage to avoid withdrawal symptoms was difficult, but finally my body has adjusted. First time in a VERY long time I am almost pain-free, with the least amount of side effects I HIGHLY recommend giving it a try.

October 14, 2013 10:03 AM
Review by eodare10 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: I'm quite pleased with the effects of this medicine to ease off my pain. You must be careful to take them as prescribed ONLY. They are very strong medication for such a small pill.

October 1, 2013 5:13 PM
Review by DogLover55: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Degenerative Disc Disease. In 20 years I have been through all the medicines a regular doctor can write a prescription for. Once in pain management I started with 10 mg OxyContin twice a day then to 20mg twice a day. Now I am on OxyContin 20mg twice a day. OxyContin has worked for me in the long haul.

September 14, 2013 11:24 PM
Review by sherryms1: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I feel this medicine has helped with minimum side effects. I do not get a high or low feeling taking it. I have been able to do more with little pain. I have learned my limitations which was very important in order to not over do it that can cause more problems.

September 13, 2013 7:13 PM
Review by elliie (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Arthritis, ileostomy to name a few. 10mg slow release morning and night and 15mg 4 x a day of immediate release also take other meds. My tiredness is caused by my condition, but life has been more bearable. Sadly no cure but I have some relief and can do small things like wee short trips on mobility scooter.

September 2, 2013 9:14 PM
Review by uncle jed: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Great

August 31, 2013 5:31 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Have had back problems for 25 years, my doctor has me on 30 mg 2X a day. My doctor is so scared of the DEA that it took a lot to get this. I really need 3 a day but he wont hear of it. I wish he would give me this and maybe something else for the break through pain but he will not do it. Just glad I get this much.

August 30, 2013 10:02 PM
Review by pillsrmythang: User Rating:

Roxicodone Intensol (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Good with pain.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 14, 2013 3:18 PM
Review by Gozzo: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I suffer from degenerative arthritis in my lower spine, which is slowly making its way up my back. At first I was taking Oxynorm which is the same as OxyContin but in an instant release form. I began on 10mg a day, however due to tolerance issues this dosage quickly increased. Leaving me in a state where I was so stoned I might as well have been drunk. Concerned with that I spoke to my GP who changed me over to OxyContin, slow release. After 3 years, due once again to tolerance I am on 80mg 3x24hrs. The pain relief is awesome sometimes it's so effective I forget my backs stuffed. However some of the side effects are bad for instance I forget to breath, have trouble swallowing and the constipation is horrendous.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 11, 2013 11:04 AM
Review by Nokki75: User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Now I am able to break times between doses of Ms-Contin.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 10, 2013 3:41 PM
Review by dell26: User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: Well I only been on oxycodone for a month now. A few years ago I had got shot in my leg, I went through a lot of pain. I've tried different pain medicines and I can say this works the best for me. Its a strong medicine that works.

August 8, 2013 6:46 AM
Review by BOOF MEDS: User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have had back pain for 16 years now, I have been on every pain medicine and these are the best.

August 4, 2013 2:59 AM
Review by Jerrie4364 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I've been on OxyContin 10mg 2x daily for about a month now and I stopped it about 2 days ago. I had gotten to where I didn't have the energy to do anything, getting out of bed was a tremendous chore and I have been waking up with a headache and going to bed with a headache. This is the second day off of it and I have a little more energy than I've had since I started it and I am hoping the headaches stop real soon. I made an appt to go back to my Dr. early to change.

July 29, 2013 6:45 PM
Review by Divkey: User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: This has changed my life for the better. Able to work long hours. Lots of energy.

July 23, 2013 8:21 PM
Review by Anonymous from WI (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: I had a cervical fusion at level C5/C6 in 2002. I am in 100X more pain AFTER the surgery than before. Suffer severe chronic pain! After injections and many pain meds, ALL of which I suffered severe side effects, was finally given OxyContin X 2 daily and Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I still suffer pain daily. However, these are the only meds my system can tolerate -or else I'd be bedridden.

July 23, 2013 2:52 PM
Review by Tom M in PA: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Have had leg/hip pain for over a year now. My doctor finally put me on OxyContin, and it works fantastic, however, I am concerned about the problem of becoming dependent on this medication. This should not be a long term medication.

July 18, 2013 6:40 PM
Review by Oxy condone (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I had knee replacement years ago, when they got in there it was a lot worse than what they thought, I ended up with steel from almost my hip to halfway down my shin. This has made the difference in me walking and being wheel chair bound. with Oxycontin I can shop, and do normal things. Without the pain relief it gives me I would be useless.

July 14, 2013 5:59 PM
Review by dollface2u (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: This medication is great for my chronic back pain. I have been on the same dose for over two years and it helped me get through most of the day just on two 20mg pills. Lately it has stopped working as well and I am having a lot of breakthrough pain as the OXycontin is extended release and from it working for almost 6 hours per dose it now only helps for about 2 hours. It is great if you are also given something for breakthrough pain but I cannot imagine being off of it to be honest. I have had severe chronic lower back pain due to a pinched nerve which causes shooting pain that goes up and down my spine and even causes my legs to go numb. I also have carpal tunnel in my right hand and fibromyalgia. Overall this medication has been very helpful.

July 12, 2013 3:47 PM
Review by Ozzymania1964 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have been taking for about 7 years. Started at 10mg 2xs a day plus 7.5 mg Vicodin 3xs a day. Now taking 30mg 2xs a day and 7.5 mg Norco 3 to 4xs a day. Before they changed the formula, it worked a lot better. It does give pain relief but it doesn't last 12 hrs, like they claim. I have herniated disc in back also AVN in hips. Just had left hip totally replaced now I need right hip replaced before they will do surgery on my back.

July 11, 2013 1:03 PM
Review by Anniebananie12 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: I have been taking this prescription for about five months now. Before that, I was taking OxyContin 30 mg twice a day and oxycodone 10 mg as needed. I asked my doctor to switch me over to these oxycodone only, with a slight raise in the dose, because of the price. OxyContin are terribly expensive!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 1, 2013 12:51 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

oxycodone for Chronic Pain: Works, able to move after ten years of everything else.

June 28, 2013 9:43 AM