User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 377 reviews 906 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 119 reviews 106 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 496 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Oxycodone

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "The extended release Oxycontin works the same for pain relief as Percocet, but with barely any side effects. Doesn't make me nearly as foggy or give me that euphoric feeling that Percocet does. I can focus better during the day and sleep through the night without waking up needing more pills."

Mel Alanne April 3, 2015

For Pain: "I have been taking Oxycodone 30 mg for about 4 years now. I have chronic pain issues (arthritis, scoliosis, neuropathy, bulging disc, bone spurs and many other pain causing conditions). I also have been diagnosed as having rectal cancer Oct of 2014. I have had only one bad side effect with this medicine and that is constipation. I now take Miralax every day and I no longer have constipation. This medicine does take away the pain. I am glad I no longer take Vicodin as it was wrecking my liver and kidneys because of the Acetaminophenin."

MichGirl1963 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have a bullet lodged in my back near my spine, this medication is very helpful in relieving the pain but use with caution I would not recommended this for daily use regardless of the severity of your pain."

Abu91 March 9, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I would not be able to function on a daily basis without this medication. I have been taking it for a few years now post lower back surgery. I take 10/325 at least four times a day for breakthrough pain, because my Opana ER doesn't really kill my sciatica. I don't know how I would do my job without taking pain management medicines. I had been taking Endocet brand, and now the pharmacy has changed brands and I don't think the new brand works as well."

Socrates62 March 8, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Best pain medicine on market for relief for around 5-6 hrs."

Jay loves me forever March 7, 2015

For Pain: "I recently snapped my fibula in half in a bicycle accident. I went a few days without any sort of real pain medication and was in extreme pain. I went back to the doctors and he gave me this medication. The pain has certainly deceased quite a bit. It helps to take this with food."

Dartplayer (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I'm on 3-20Mg Oxycontin and 8-10Mg oxycodone a day. I feel so much better now. I have 3 bad disc in my upper back and also 3 bad disc in my lower back. I used to be on 3 time release morphine and 6 x 10mg Lortab."

Life Saver (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Good for breakthrough pain..take 7 of the 30mg a day and use 2-75mcg of the Fentanyl Patches as well for Extended Relief. It has been my best regimen so far and I've tried a lot of different kinds and combination to ease my pain. It's hard though because you can tell how much it helps when you miss a pill."

Pain-n-simple (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Have been on pain meds a long time for various injuries and such. But, most recently for an arthritic condition that necessitated the replacement of both hips of which rendered me utterly handicapped. I could walk only with a walker, but had no moment without pain. After the operations (both accomplished with 10 weeks) I am walking without a walker and am so grateful to the Lord for sustaining me and guiding me to the exact surgeon who performed my hip replacements without a flaw. Now that my joy is full and the pain as subsided, I discovered that I have arthritis in my right shoulder. I took myself off of Oxycontin 30 mg x 2 a day, and now ingest 20 mg IR X 3 a day for the shoulder. Great to be alive!"

Son's Ray (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been given many choices for my breakthrough pain medication while being on methadone but I have always stuck with the oxycodone. I chose oxycodone without Tylenol because Tylenol causes major GI upset since I suffer from Gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying). I find it to be very effective in the combination I'm on, the only downside of oxycodone I find with myself is that if it's taken by itself it can cause insomnia which I find to be very annoying."

Jenn Claus (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "This helped during oral surgery but made me sleepy...it did not help at all post surgery for rotator cuff surgery and gave me migraines. I felt like a zombie and had lucid dreams."

Rotatorfix (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Initially it was beneficial in easing my chronic pain until I had a recent back operation. Now I am being brought down from a dosage of 120mg per day & now down to 25mg per day. Coming off it has been particularly stressful coping with the withdrawal factor but I have recognized the withdrawal symptoms & learning to cope with them on a daily basis with the help of my GP who has also become my counselor & is helping me with this painful regression of dosage. It has been a period of 4 mths so far & I am hopeful of being totally free of the medicine within that same time frame. Although it helped me to get through the pain until the operation, it has been a very painful process of withdrawal. If possible, an alternative medication would be advisable"

mausie (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Have been taking oxycodone IR 15 mg for almost 3 years now one tablet every four hours for chronic pain. It helps for my back pain. If it was not for this medication I would not be able to work. I have had very few side effects...mainly slight itching. It has helped me so much."

pkkeywest91 (taken for 10 years or more) January 12, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Chronic pain"

Herniated this January 9, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Fractured left humerus & greater trochanter. Much difficulty sleeping, this medicatin helpful in controlling the pain"

Mommablumie January 6, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I've been on Oxycontin for 8 months. I take it to help with RSD pain in my shoulder that radiates all down my arm and into my hand. I have trouble taking high doses of nerve medications like gabapentin, so a narcotic is necessary. It definitely helps a lot. However, it does not last 12 hrs. I have oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I also have tried taking 3 doses of Oxycontin a day (per Drs orders) and that keeps it from running out. The problem with a triple dose is drowsiness; I started to have trouble tolerating that. But, overall this has been a lifesaver for me."

Love the ocean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "After an injury with a chainsaw. I was put on morphine. It made me feel "thick" & groggy. It also didn't cut the pain. I asked my Dr. To put me on oxycodone & Oxycontin. I found this to be better at reducing pain without the brain fog."

ricardo48 December 21, 2014

For Pain: "I have been on pain meds for a very long time. (13 years) from an injury at work. I used to take (after years) 5 Oxycontin 8 mg tablets per day which was fine until they changed the formula. They don't really help any longer. I have 4 herniated discs in neck and after 3 surgeries it still is not healed or healed correctly. My neck injury causes me severe headaches as well. I am now on 30 mg Roxicodone which is wonderful for all my pain ailments however it has to be a certain brand. If I don't have the correct brand I will get physically nauseous. I must be allergic to something the manufacturer puts in it. The ones that do work for me have saved my life. I am able to function with pain relief. My opinion they work the best."

DABK December 14, 2014

For Pain: "I took my first one tonight, only 10 mg but it has been good on my severe lower back pain. I was on Transtec 50.5 mg patch. But these were not working in the right way or long enough. I hope this new medicine helps."

ThatJames (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "It's helpful when I need a boost in getting work done. When my pain is so unbearable, most times the medicine does not work."

Doraine (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I am prescribed Oxycontin 30mg (oxycodone timed release) 3 times a day and oxycodone IR 5mg 3-4 times a day for breakthrough pain. I suffer from severe trigeminal neuralgia which is horrible pain in the face. They do work really well for pain control. The only issue sometimes is getting my pharmacy to fill them. Some pharmacists look at you like a junkie because you are on pain meds and its annoying. I hate that nonsense! The OxyContin 30mg are soo hard to fill because they are rare and my pharmacy always has to order them which is fine with me. But they do work great for pain. The only bad part is how your body becomes physically dependant on them and you get sick if you dont have them. Its not an addiction but a dependence.Big difference!"

antnee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "I have rheumatoid arthritis and it causes me a lot of fatigue and pain, but thanks to oxycodone, it helps me to keep going. I have been taking it for about seven years but, only regularly since having rheumatoid. I take 15MG about every four hours. I also inject methotrexate and Enbrel once a week."

bosz (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "Works well for pain"

Guards (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2014

For Pain: "Intense chronic back pain! Only relief I can find is from this medication."

cardiackid63 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2014

For Pain: "Still have a lot of pain"

mary58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2014