User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 362 reviews 912 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 88 reviews 102 medications

8.7
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 450 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

For Pain: I was just put on Oxycodone after a brutal tooth extraction. The pain after the extraction nearly brought me to my knees. After I took two Oxycodones, the pain had simply vanished. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering pain from a tooth extraction. It works wonders.

September 25, 2012 10:52 AM

Review by SHORTIE33 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I had 2 spinal fusions one on 5-5-10 and the 2nd one 11-11-11 and they both have failed. This is my 1st time being on oxycontin I was previously on 2 different strengths of oxycodone, which worked well for me but pain management wanted me to be on oxycontin and oxycodone and without my pain meds I can not get out of bed. I had 2 collapsed, bulging disc in my lower lumbar I started out with a cage and it never fused now I have a plate which is not taking. I have degenerative disc disease, sciatica, and many more problems I have more bulging disc and a cracked vertebra but I am really hesitant to have another back surgery due to the previous experiences.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2012 2:26 AM

Review by ellie1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I would just like to say that I have been taking Oxycontin along with other strong pain medication for years, I have been blessed by doctors who understand what chronic pain can do to your life and not being afraid to prescribe what is needed. Although I am still in chronic pain, I would not be able to get out of bed without these medications.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 12, 2012 9:32 PM

Review by Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin.

September 5, 2012 6:57 AM

Review by Jonty (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I hope your pain is managed as best as it can be! I'm in the UK and and am prescribed both OxyContin (sustained release) and Oxynorm which is a fast acting version of oxycodone. I have degenerative disc disease in my lumbar spine and am listed for surgery in early October 2012. This medicine takes the edge of my pain.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2012 2:24 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: 15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back.

August 27, 2012 10:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Quick to act, seems to also help with depression, overall the best pain medicine I've been prescribed.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2012 9:52 PM

Review by buzzard156:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk.

August 20, 2012 10:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc, neck issues and this is the only medicine that doesn't bother my stomach (gastric ulcer) or give me panic attacks. The problem is being able to get it because of abuse by other people.

August 10, 2012 7:44 PM

Review by Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2012 4:14 PM

Review by Daily headache:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2012 11:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful.

July 16, 2012 3:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: This is the best medicine for pain.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2012 8:05 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Great

July 12, 2012 11:04 AM

Review by kawa-god (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more.

July 11, 2012 8:17 PM

Review by Greenboy19 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I've been on the 60mg twice a day for over 2 years now with Roxicodone 30mg every six hours for breakthrough pain, works better for me than Avinza, High dose Norco, and even the Fentanyl Patches 25mcg-75mcg. It has given my life back, I do recommend you talk to your doctor and get on this medicine, the old version that had OC and 60 was a lot better than the newer OP/60, but eventually your body gets used to it. Just be careful take it as directed. The only side effect is constipation, but otherwise a God-Send!

June 30, 2012 11:09 PM

Review by Girllovescats (taken for less than 1 month):

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: Great pain relief ...but was like intestinal cement for me. Was continually constipated. Nothing helped this...enemas, Miralax, Exlax. Was horrible.

June 21, 2012 10:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Made me feel a lot better and able to walk further and do day to day things.

June 20, 2012 7:51 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Took it twice and vomited both times.

June 7, 2012 11:22 PM

Review by B.D. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Very exceptional. Has taken away the PAIN I thought would never stop. No side effects experienced nor was I out of control of my actions or any other media hype you read. Why are any medications developed if they cannot be used the way they are intended to be used.

June 5, 2012 2:08 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Pain: My Rx is for 5mg of oxycodone up to 4 time daily. I haven't needed it nearly that often and achieve excellent results (relief of pain) in about 30 minutes; lasting 6-8 hours. The one downside has been constipation.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2012 9:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have fibromyalgia and I'm 31. I'm on disability now because the job I had for 10 years said I couldn't work there because I take 2 x 10mg a day of Oxycontin. At least now I can live a life. Play with my kids wash my car...etc. Before all I did was suffer at work and my work performance was so poor they even tried to fire me.....or get me to resign.

May 29, 2012 7:19 AM

Review by Lynnjaj:

For Pain: I have severe scoliosis, had an operation 16 years ago which failed. A titanium rod which should never have broken Did. I have tried various medication including Morphine, my life was hell. A few years ago I was prescribed Oxycodone immediate release tried slow release but had too much break through pain. My life has now greatly improved and I can have a better life, anyone knocking this pain relief hasn't suffered like we all have. It gets a 2 thumbs up from me.

April 22, 2012 5:34 AM

For Pain: I feel the need to add my 2 cents here. For YEARS I was unable to live a 'normal' life - spending most of the time in bed due to Derkums Disease and severe arthritis. Moving was painful and even the shortest trips left me in tears. I was given Nucynta, Dilaudid, Lortab, just to name a few. Oxycodone was prescribed and it truly changed my life. I am now able to take walks and do light excercise, yard sale and go to church! I do not understand the negative press about this medicine, I have never felt 'funny' or different. I just do not hurt like before. I consider this a life-saving wonder medicine!

April 20, 2012 1:11 PM

For Pain: Works well when taken as directed with few or no side effects.

April 19, 2012 9:20 PM