User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 5)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 383 reviews 1059 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 146 reviews 108 medications

8.4
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 529 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Oxycodone

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on pain medicines for almost 13 yrs. I'm turning 30 in July. I started low at 5mg Percocet then 10mg, and then they threw in 20mg of OxyContin on top of my 10mg Percocet. Nothing worked well not even the Oxycontin. I'm now on 30mg Oxycodone and I do love it, yet it doesn't take away pain, just gets my mind of it and gives me so much energy and motivation. That's a odd side effect for Depression. I'm looking for a medicine that is stronger for when I have the serious break through pains. Never want to lose the oxycodone 30."

Truth_I_Am (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2014

For Pain: "I am 35 and sadly due to genetics and 18 months of radiation therapy in 2005 - 2007 my bones began to deteriorate 3 years ago in my hips and vertebrae. I recently found out due to my disc's degenerating and severely dehydrated my L4 has begun to shift forward. The shifting has begun to compromise my spinal cord and slowly paralyze me from waist downward. By far neurotic pains at beginning stages of paralysis are the most excruciating pains I have ever experienced. I have been prescribed Oxycodone and it has given me a life back. To stand and walk as much as I comfortably can means everything to me. "

YouAddictivePersonality405 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Seems to help pain due to prostate cancer fairly well. As long as it's taken every 4-6 hours as directed. If a dose is taken too late, break through pain seems to occur at end of hour 3. Do not double a dose unless directed by your doctor. Only some mild constipation to report. Daily activities seem to have improved since taking this medication. Can get out and walk with "less" pain. Also, do not feel like I'm "medicated" or "under the influence" in any way like with many other medications. Although as a precaution, I would not operate a vehicle for liability purposes, unless absolutely necessary."

Ted1944b (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "Great pill, works good for pain, don't run out because the withdrawal after 2 weeks of use or longer is bad. "

woodyD February 10, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I use oxycodone for severe pain relief. I am on my fourth knee replacement, same knee ( which is failing again). The medication works and keeps the pain down to a dull roar. I also take regular oxycodone for breakthrough pain relief. Having used morphine sulfate and Dilaudid in the past I find this medication works well. For how long? Only time will tell."

sandylns (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2014

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Only medicine that works properly."

bobertnobert (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 26, 2014

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis that affects everything in my body (organs and joints) but mainly my lower back. Spinal stenosis, bulging and degenerative discs, severe nerve damage from carpal tunnel in both hands, plus both hips and knees need surgery in the near future also. I take 80mg OxyContin 3 times daily plus Percocet 10mg 3 times daily for breakthrough pain. I have to take my pain medication first thing in the morning before I can take on my day. Have tried MS Contin and it worked fine, just did not last the 12 hours that they say it was suppose to it was more like 6 and Lortabs was like taking a placebo."

RedSouthGirl84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "It works overall very good for me"

wesleypou1978 January 9, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I have a degenerative condition resulting in all the cartilage in my joints and spine deteriorating. I now have 6 completely collapsed vertebrae with severe spinal stenosis. I have had one hip replacement and am trying to hold off as long as possible for other hip, both knees, and shoulder although stem cell therapy has held some promise. I went for 10 years to physical therapy, water treatment, injections into my spine, as well as alternative treatments if acupuncture, chiropractic etc.. with only limited effect. I missed out on activities with my child, lost my job due, and generally was in a constant 8/10 pain daily. After agreeing to pain medication I was able to return to work and have lead a productive life."

PhillipsDE January 8, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "100% effective."

SMJ okee (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2014

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "Long term chronic pain suffer great for pain immediate relief, last about 6hrs the 30mg very hard to get filled at pharmacy usually a 3 DAY WAIT TIME TO CHECK DOCTORS AND YOUR RECORDS."

lasvegasgirl67 December 28, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "This medicine helps me the most. I can get out of bed and actually feel no pain. "

Cam22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "Good not many side effects apart from anxiety and mild to moderate depression. Deals good with the pain."

Backpainer man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Couldnt live without."

the queen of england (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2013

For Pain: "Do you need a loan to at 2% rate? If yes,contact US ON THIS EMAIL..(sherrycandler@gmail.com) with this following details... (1) Full Name,(2)Loan Amount Needed,(3)Duration,(4) country.(5)Phone numbers."

loan offer November 14, 2013

Oxyfast (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I began suffering from severe, chronic pain almost 9 years ago, when I developed a very serious condition known as progressive kyphoscoliosis that affected all levels of my spine. Specifically, my cervical and thoracic spine began to bend forward, while the lower portion of my thoracic and entire lumbo-sacral spine began bending to the right. The end result of this condition is death as the bending spine will eventually crush the heart and lungs. It took a few months to find a doctor near my home, who was willing to treat the severe, chronic pain with MS Contin 100 mg. and my breakthrough pain with the 30 mg Morphine Sulfate IR tablets. This medication stopped the bending. 9 years later I take MS Contin 200 mg 3 X per day and 30 mg Oxy prn."

Caliboy61 November 12, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I have crps I was in a coma for 6 days and life support for two weeks I was on kidney diyalisis for 35 days and stayed in the hospital the entire time off of that and kidneys back to normal but my spinal cord swelled and leaked fluid so have severe nerve damage on left leg and foot I have trouble walking and had to learn how to again constant burning and electric shocking but this eases the pain the only thing I am worried about is I am 32 and this is a non curable condition over time I will build up a tolerance so be very careful with this medicine"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Taking this medication as prescribed gives back quality of life with in days of first use. The least you take ,the more effective in pain reduction. For anybody using any opiate for recreational use has no idea what the complications ahead in time. Not only losing everyday enjoyment. BUT revolve around becoming physically dependent (dope sick) on medication day in day out . Trust me you don't need the extra stress, NO body that takes this medication prescribed by a doctor, wants to suffer not only from chronic pain but then physically/mental stress that comes with opiate use . I do not work in the medical field , this is all from personal experience. Hope this information helps out in anyway ! CREDAD"

credad (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2013

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "After severely injuring my back while lifting a patient, herniating three discs, three failed back surgeries and multiple ineffective pain relief measures I finally accepted that I will need medication until a cure for spinal nerve damage is found. Using oxycodone means I can walk my dog, keep my house neat, enjoy life with my husband and live life again. I am scruptiously careful about how much I take and keep them under lock and key for the safety of my grandchildren. With great care this drug can give you your life back. However if a person doesn't take very seriously the potential addiction properties it can make a bad situation worse."

Alwaysanurseatheart October 31, 2013

211 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I'll keep this short. Works great for pain. WILL ROT YOUR TEETH OUT. Just a warning to people who think this drug is cool and hip. It's not. It's the devil. Once you get hooked you are hooked and its not very fun. You've been warned."

Just a guy October 27, 2013

Oxydose (oxycodone) for Pain: "If your Doctor recommends this drug for pain please explore all other options before beginning to take it. I in the beginning thought that it was a God send and it did indeed work wonders on my chronic pain however after two hip revisions back to back , a spinal stimulator being placed then removed due to malfunction I find for me this medication for me takes the edge off at best. But I do not mean to ramble I am only one out of many millions that that this drug works wonders for. The other problem I had with this medication is when they changed the formulation. You see in changing it they made it harder for drug abusers to abuse and, for people like me who do not abuse it and really need it ,made less effective. HARD TO DOSE DOWN!!!!!"

tidydoo October 22, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I suffer abdominal pain from 9 failed laparotomies to remove cysts and ovaries, im currently on 80mg Oxycontin 5 x a day, and Lyrica 2 x 450mg daily also for nerve damage this just takes the edge off it could be better but will try patch maybe all i need.....i suffer spinal probs as well neck as knees.......im a walking wounded so to speak lol....."

corina70 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 20, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I have cervical cancer and end up in pain if I'm not on my medicines. Oxycodones really seem to do the trick."

Oonie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been on strong pain medication since 2006 due to 13 spinal surgeries. Fentanyl, MS Contin, Roxicodone, were all effective at 1 point, but side effects and tolerance levels caused me to switch to Oxycontin 40mg 3 times a day, with Roxicodone for break through pain. Finding the correct dosage to avoid withdrawal symptoms was difficult, but finally my body has adjusted. First time in a VERY long time I am almost pain-free, with the least amount of side effects I HIGHLY recommend giving it a try."

MRSDJMCW (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2013

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I'm quite pleased with the effects of this medicine to ease off my pain. You must be careful to take them as prescribed ONLY. They are very strong medication for such a small pill."

eodare10 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2013