User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 359 reviews 910 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 83 reviews 102 medications

8.7
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 442 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc, neck issues and this is the only medicine that doesn't bother my stomach (gastric ulcer) or give me panic attacks. The problem is being able to get it because of abuse by other people.

August 10, 2012 7:44 PM

Review by Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2012 4:14 PM

Review by Daily headache:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2012 11:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful.

July 16, 2012 3:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: This is the best medicine for pain.

July 13, 2012 8:05 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Great

July 12, 2012 11:04 AM

Review by kawa-god (taken for 5 to 10 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more.

July 11, 2012 8:17 PM

Review by Greenboy19 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I've been on the 60mg twice a day for over 2 years now with Roxicodone 30mg every six hours for breakthrough pain, works better for me than Avinza, High dose Norco, and even the Fentanyl Patches 25mcg-75mcg. It has given my life back, I do recommend you talk to your doctor and get on this medicine, the old version that had OC and 60 was a lot better than the newer OP/60, but eventually your body gets used to it. Just be careful take it as directed. The only side effect is constipation, but otherwise a God-Send!

June 30, 2012 11:09 PM

Review by Girllovescats (taken for less than 1 month):

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: Great pain relief ...but was like intestinal cement for me. Was continually constipated. Nothing helped this...enemas, Miralax, Exlax. Was horrible.

June 21, 2012 10:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Made me feel a lot better and able to walk further and do day to day things.

June 20, 2012 7:51 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Took it twice and vomited both times.

June 7, 2012 11:22 PM

Review by B.D. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Very exceptional. Has taken away the PAIN I thought would never stop. No side effects experienced nor was I out of control of my actions or any other media hype you read. Why are any medications developed if they cannot be used the way they are intended to be used.

June 5, 2012 2:08 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Pain: My Rx is for 5mg of oxycodone up to 4 time daily. I haven't needed it nearly that often and achieve excellent results (relief of pain) in about 30 minutes; lasting 6-8 hours. The one downside has been constipation.

June 3, 2012 9:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have fibromyalgia and I'm 31. I'm on disability now because the job I had for 10 years said I couldn't work there because I take 2 x 10mg a day of Oxycontin. At least now I can live a life. Play with my kids wash my car...etc. Before all I did was suffer at work and my work performance was so poor they even tried to fire me.....or get me to resign.

May 29, 2012 7:19 AM

Review by Lynnjaj:

For Pain: I have severe scoliosis, had an operation 16 years ago which failed. A titanium rod which should never have broken Did. I have tried various medication including Morphine, my life was hell. A few years ago I was prescribed Oxycodone immediate release tried slow release but had too much break through pain. My life has now greatly improved and I can have a better life, anyone knocking this pain relief hasn't suffered like we all have. It gets a 2 thumbs up from me.

April 22, 2012 5:34 AM

For Pain: I feel the need to add my 2 cents here. For YEARS I was unable to live a 'normal' life - spending most of the time in bed due to Derkums Disease and severe arthritis. Moving was painful and even the shortest trips left me in tears. I was given Nucynta, Dilaudid, Lortab, just to name a few. Oxycodone was prescribed and it truly changed my life. I am now able to take walks and do light excercise, yard sale and go to church! I do not understand the negative press about this medicine, I have never felt 'funny' or different. I just do not hurt like before. I consider this a life-saving wonder medicine!

April 20, 2012 1:11 PM

For Pain: Works well when taken as directed with few or no side effects.

April 19, 2012 9:20 PM

For Pain: Longer lasting than any other narcotics I took.

April 8, 2012 10:09 AM

For Pain: Has helped control my pain for a long time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2012 10:37 PM

Review by robair1:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have chronic thoracic back pain. I've been through nerve blocks, acupuncture, physical therapy, 3 chiropracters, 2 orthopedic surgeons, 1 neurosurgeon, 2 pain doctor's. Vicodin, Percocet, Kadian (very expensive). Insurance refused to pay anymore finally switched to oxycodone. Still have breakthrough pain with to much physical activity.

March 22, 2012 12:21 PM

Review by Roofer #1:

For Pain: This medicine was a God send to ease my chronic pain in my back after falling off a roof and breaking my hip and spine.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2012 2:23 PM

Review by otstratman:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: I agree with everyone. This is the best pain medicine I have ever used. I had Discitis which led to a Lumbar Lamenectomy and Multi Facet Joint Fusions. I take 30mg every 4 hours. It used to take the pain away every time but now it's not working too well. I am going to see my Pain Management Doctor to ask for help.

March 11, 2012 1:24 AM

Review by Rzilla:

For Pain: This medication helped me survive until they found the real problem with my back, which took about a year and several progressively invasive procedures. I can say in my experience that after surgery I continued having pain but once I weened off and my own endorphins kicked in I actually felt much better. Even my pharmacist said there have been cases of the medicine actually causing pain and I experienced it. I will say in my experience there is a difference in generic medications vs name brand and even differences in different manufacturers.

March 2, 2012 10:32 AM

Review by abigstepup:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I am 56 with degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia and just underwent rhizotomy on lumbar. That still did not help with the pain. I also broke my back in 2000 which was not treated and my spine is deformed. I suffer so much, I also tried everyting, this is magnificent it only takes 15mg.

February 26, 2012 10:31 PM

For Pain: I have been on oxcycodone for almost 3 yrs. I have chronic back pain. Have 2 spinal fusions, the first 1 failed. I have a cracked vertabra and another bulging disc, I have degenerative disc diasease and this medication has done wonders for me. I still have a great deal of pain but not nearly as bad as I used to. Just like many of you I have been on all kinds of pain medicines that never worked and I was prescribed 30 mg 3 times a day and 10 mg 3 x's for breakthrough and it helps alot. I can go to my childrens sporting events now, I can do a few things now that I was not able to do.

February 26, 2012 7:49 PM