User Reviews for Oxytrol

Learn more about Oxytrol.

Oxytrol Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for Oxytrol to treat Urinary Incontinence

"These patches have changed my life. Tired of wearing maxi pads that didn't do the job. Within 24 hours these things worked. Couldn't believe it. I'm stockpiling them, since I'm having trouble find them for some reason. I'm going to be SO unhappy if I can't find them."

Bessie55 November 9, 2015

"Have been on Oxytrol for several years now and found it to work very well for me. Now I find that none of the retailers, in my area of Texas, are carrying it any more. Anyone know why? To the question of whether or not did my insurance cover this drug, it is an OTC, no insurance required."

txgee October 15, 2015

"When the urge hit I had to go right then. I was a slave to pads. Not very sexy. I had an innerstem put in but it did not help. The mess prescribed did not work either. The only thing that literally freed me from pads is the patch. I did not have dry mouth. I can wait to go potty for 1 hour or longer now."

Nowdry September 20, 2015

"I recently started using the patch. I have had to wear a pad everyday prior to using it. I'm only on day 6, second patch, and I feel like my life has changed. I can walk, exercise, even sneeze and have no problem. I was concerned about the adhesive because I have allergies and sensitive skin, but I haven't had an issue. I place the patch on my lower abdomen off to the side. I removed the excess adhesive with baby oil and q-tips. It came right off. I'll definitely keep using this product."

Drew352 November 3, 2014

"I have over active bladder and uncontrolable go! I bought Oxytrol over the counter two days after it became available without a prescription. It works so great immediately and is just amazing! A real miracle! They do have to do something to improve the patch. I move it around to avoid the red irritation. It doesn't stay on well. It's too crinkley and doesn't stick well. It comes loose when I bend, when my clothes rub, and in the shower. It needs to be softer like a blister band-aid or even plain old band-aid; a more rubber or fabric type patch. I love it but it feels like a waste of money when it won't stay on. I would give it a 10 if it was softer and stayed on!"

Kiki n Milo January 11, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 23 years old and dealing with a couple types of incontinence. Before I talked to my doctor about it I came across these in my grocery store. I bought them on a whim and tried them out. It works really well, no more leaking or stress incontinence. Within 12 hours I was no longer running to the bathroom. The only side effect I have is some constipation. A change in diet and laxatives seem to help. The patch is rather uncomfortable at times but I'm still experimenting with placement. I change it every 4 or 5 days because the adhesive comes off after a while, usually in the shower. I'd like to see a better material but I'm content for now. It's a lot better than taking a pill every day."

Detroit Anonymous December 3, 2013

"The oxytrol patch is a life changer for me. I was up to the highest poise product short of a brief and keeping extra clothes at work. I am 57. I woke up the first morning after applying the patch the evening before and knew this was the answer for me. I was able to calmly WALK to the bathroom, only feeling a slight bladder fullness, and not the desperate 'its to late' urgency. All day now I can walk calmly to the bathroom, and only feel the slight bladder fullness when needing to go. i can't remember feeling this way in a long, long time. I have not had a single 'leak' or urgency feeling while wearing the patch. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you."

So Pleased (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2013

"Never took medication for this problem. Relied on Depends . So far no side effects. - I am on my 6th. patch. Just hope they continue to work ."

octegenarian (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2013

"Just started and it feels good so far will see tomorrow."

j.m. (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2013

"It didn't work for me. I was disappointed since I like the idea of a patch."

Anonymous May 28, 2009