User Reviews for Oxytrol

Learn more about Oxytrol.

Urinary Incontinence 6 reviews 50 medications

7.5
Overactive Bladder 26 reviews 22 medications

Dysuria 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Oxytrol reviews 32 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Oxytrol

Review by Just me? (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I tried the Oxytrol patch and liked the effect on helping my overactive bladder, but it irritated my skin and caused such itching I couldn't continue it. I tried placing the patch in a variety of places to no avail. I see on this site that it seems to be a common occurrence.

February 6, 2014 8:18 AM
Review by Carmen ann: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: The patch worked. However the itching and inflamed skin was not tolerable. I wish I could bear it just to be relieved of the overactive bladder. I thought I would have a normal life. Now trying Toviaz.

January 19, 2014 11:14 PM
Review by Kiki n Milo: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: I have over active bladder and uncontrolable go! I bought Oxytrol over the counter two days after it became available without a prescription. It works so great immediately and is just amazing! A real miracle! They do have to do something to improve the patch. I move it around to avoid the red irritation. It doesn't stay on well. It's too crinkley and doesn't stick well. It comes loose when I bend, when my clothes rub, and in the shower. It needs to be softer like a blister band-aid or even plain old band-aid; a more rubber or fabric type patch. I love it but it feels like a waste of money when it won't stay on. I would give it a 10 if it was softer and stayed on!

January 11, 2014 5:23 PM
Review by :-) (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I am 19 years old and started using this patch. I had surgery to stretch my bladder a year ago (apparently my bladder quit growing at a young age). Before, I had to go to the bathroom every hour and a half and the surgery was only a temporary fix from this. This patch worked wonders! Not only do I go less, but I can also hold it in for a lot longer!

January 6, 2014 10:03 PM
Review by Grace simp: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I get bad reaction to the adhesive. The redness stays for weeks and itches so bad. I clean the area with acetone to remove the adhesive residue and then clean it with alcohol. Hope you guys will create one for sensitive adhesive like sensitive bandage. The product helps with overactive bladder I just hope the itch and redness will go away. Been using this patch for a month.

January 2, 2014 9:30 PM
Review by Detroit Anonymous: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: I am 23 years old and dealing with a couple types of incontinence. Before I talked to my doctor about it I came across these in my grocery store. I bought them on a whim and tried them out. It works really well, no more leaking or stress incontinence. Within 12 hours I was no longer running to the bathroom. The only side effect I have is some constipation. A change in diet and laxatives seem to help. The patch is rather uncomfortable at times but I'm still experimenting with placement. I change it every 4 or 5 days because the adhesive comes off after a while, usually in the shower. I'd like to see a better material but I'm content for now. It's a lot better than taking a pill every day.

December 3, 2013 9:36 PM
Review by oxytrol works: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I LOVE THIS. IT HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO PEOPLE everywhere. Remember everyone is different so it may not help some and it may help some but as for me it does work.

December 1, 2013 6:07 PM
Review by BryteEyez (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: After seeing a commercial for Oxytrol, I knew I had to give it a shot. I have had numerous occurances that if I had not been wearing a Depends I would have had a very embarrassing situation. I noticed a difference the very FIRST day. No sudden urges and no accidents ( or NEAR accidents). I have gotten my life back! I want to shout it from the rooftops! Very, very happy with this product! So thankful it is now over the counter! I have read reviews about people saying the patch left adhesive residue, I've had no such problem. Also have not had it come off in the shower or pool. I think it might be improved if the patch were a bit rubbery, say something along the lines of a blister band aide.

November 30, 2013 1:29 PM
Review by Ohiogirl28: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: Been wearing the patches for a week now. I can tell a difference. The urge to use the bathroom greatly decreased. So glad they are OTC! The only problem i have is when I remove the patch it leaves adhesive on the skin, its hard to get off. And waterproof would be better. Maybe they will update them sooner or later. But def recommended

November 11, 2013 7:38 PM
Review by Theresa S (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I want to thank Merck and it's scientist that developed this patch and I am so glad it is Over the Counter now. I have worn the patch for one month now. I am on my second box and will be purchasing a third a forth and so on..... Oxytrol has changed my life back to normal. No standing up and urine flowing out uncontrollably anymore. No more 12-15 trips to the bathroom a day. I travel and now I can drive for 2-3 hours at a time without stopping for a bathroom. Now I change the patch on day 4. I did try to hold out for the 4th night and while i did not have the urgency problem I did have to urinate more frequently than if I go four days and three nights. The adhesive problems and the crinkling I DON'T CARE better then a diaper.

November 8, 2013 8:48 AM
Review by So Pleased (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: The oxytrol patch is a life changer for me. I was up to the highest poise product short of a brief and keeping extra clothes at work. I am 57. I woke up the first morning after applying the patch the evening before and knew this was the answer for me. I was able to calmly WALK to the bathroom, only feeling a slight bladder fullness, and not the desperate 'its to late' urgency. All day now I can walk calmly to the bathroom, and only feel the slight bladder fullness when needing to go. i can't remember feeling this way in a long, long time. I have not had a single 'leak' or urgency feeling while wearing the patch. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

November 1, 2013 9:34 PM
Review by Madder than H_ _ _: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I used 4 patches in 4 days because each morning when I got in the shower the patch came off. That was a cost of $4 a day since I had paid $16 for the box. I called Merck (manufactures product) and was told they would send me a coupon or another box of patches. That was 4 weeks ago and nothing yet. But I have decided not to use the product or recommend it to anyone.

October 30, 2013 2:55 PM
Review by octegenarian (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: Never took medication for this problem. Relied on Depends . So far no side effects. - I am on my 6th. patch. Just hope they continue to work .

October 28, 2013 2:17 AM
Review by Jamcanfi74: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: This patch sucks! It's a complete waste of money. It doesn't do anything! Waste of money!

October 25, 2013 6:40 PM
Review by bedine (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: Great at first. Now I've had stomach pain for the last 3 days. I'm on my 3rd patch. Not sure if I should stop or not.

October 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: Drug works but the patch is horrible. It is plastic and wrinkles up. The edges don't adhere well so the patch is always sticking to my clothes. I hope they fix this issue. If they do I will buy again but for now I'm going to save my money.

October 20, 2013 7:56 PM
Review by WBe (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I had a sling a few years ago for stress incontinence (that I have had since I was a kid), but it didn't do anything for the overactive bladder, obviously. I tried the patch and within 24 hours, there was a huge difference. However, the patch does not stick well. The adhesive on the edges of the patch is not good. While it does not come off, it does crinkle and wrinkle and one was clearly not adhering much at all and I doubt much medicine was delivered, which was why it did not work that day. The medicine is great, but they need to improve the actual patch.

October 16, 2013 12:08 PM
Review by L C (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: ABSOLUTELY THRILLED. I'M AMAZED. I just turned 52-YO but have suffered from incontinence for the last few years and seem to go through 2 to 3 "super-plus" Poise or Tena each day, plus one at night. I saw an ad on TV yesterday for Oxytrol and bought a 4-pack ($16.99) on my lunch hour and put one on about 1:15pm. And while certainly NOT recommended for someone with my condition, my co-workers and I go out on Mondays for a few cocktails and I always make sure I have extra 'pads' in my purse. We're talking LESS THAN 5-HOURS and a few Miller Lites, I stayed totally dry and only leaked when I was just about to sit down on the toilet. THAT IS A MIRACLE.

October 7, 2013 10:27 PM
Review by Patt Bush: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I have had the patch on for 24 hours, don't even know it is there. I CANNOT believe it's effectiveness. The CONSTANT urge to urinate is GONE! I have NO feeling that I will have an accident and I DON'T have to visit the bathroom constantly to make sure my bladder is empty! My bladder actually feels CALM. All other methods I have tried were failures right from the onset of use.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 3, 2013 7:58 PM
Review by Dellissa: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I have had the Oxytrol patch on for only about 24 hours and understand that it takes between 24 and 48 hours to notice any improvement, so I have noticed no improvement yet. It does not stick well and I have had to put adhesive tape around the edges of the patch to keep it on. I don't know if I picked a bad spot (middle of my stomach) but certain ways it turn, it seems to pinch. I used nicotine patches years ago and it seems that if these patches were smaller and less rigid, they might adhere a little better. I like the idea of a patch lasting 3-4 days, but I would prefer using one smaller patch a day if they stuck to the skin better.

September 25, 2013 10:30 AM
Review by j.m. (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: Just started and it feels good so far will see tomorrow.

September 21, 2013 11:01 PM
Review by coffeeman: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: What a difference the Oxytrol patch has made in my life. I was having to go to the bathroom 10 to 12 times in an afternoon. Since using the patches, I only go about 4 times. I have had no side effects.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 8, 2013 8:39 PM
Review by Overactive Angie (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I was worried the patch would be intrusive, but once I put it on, the only thing I noticed was my reduced need to go to the bathroom. I didn't experience any other side effects.

May 7, 2013 12:21 PM
Review by junbug: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I've had incontinence for some time, but it got to where the urge would hit so hard that I couldn't move until the urge passed and I could get to the bathroom. I went to the doctor and she put me on Oxybutynin. It may be all in my head but I swear only one 5mg. pill already has worked. I didn't have that extreme urge when I got up from a nap, like I did before. I still had the urge but not as severe. Time will tell.

March 3, 2011 11:22 PM
Review by Bobbi C: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: For two years urologists tried six different pill-form medications to try to help me with my 24/7 discomfort, pain, bladder spasms and need to use the bathroom a dozen or more times daily. It was horror, and nothing came close to helping until I was finally given the Oxytrol patch. Over a period of less than one week, it was as if my life was given back to me. Period. I was able to visit places without stopping to "go" continually; again we enjoyed marital intimacy; and I no longer went sleepless or suffered terrible pain-- or a single side-effect. Thank you for your joint efforts in the launch of this medication. You have given many back a Life. I will be glad to boast your praises anytime, anywhere--for free.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 7, 2011 2:38 AM