User Reviews for Oxytrol

Learn more about Oxytrol.

Oxytrol Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Oxytrol to treat Overactive Bladder

"I've been on the patch for almost 24 hours now. the only issue i am having is bad stomach cramps along with diarrhea so hopefully that stops in the next few days. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet but I have noticed that the urgency & frequency has decreased for me."

Dria' (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

"The patch worked but the extreme dry mouth side effect was unbearable! In fact, 8 months after not using the patch anymore I still struggle with dry mouth! When does it go away?"

mary4589 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2015

"I really love this product. I don't have the irritation from the patch like some people are having. I did find out that if you have a problem with the patch not sticking, clean the area with rubbing alcohol before placing the patch and that helps it to stick just fine. Maybe that would also help the ones with the irritation as well. Worth a try anyway. A little crinkling noise is worth dealing with compared to dealing with overactive bladder. Another small issue is I feel that one patch is not as effective."

Shortone7941 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

"For me, it took two patches but on the fifth day, they really started working! I am 63 and have had trouble with overactive bladder for the past ten years, off and on. It gets worse depending on what I ingest food and medication wise. I am now in the bathroom every couple of hours instead of every half hour and always feeling the urge like I was. It's wonderful. Thanks for this product!"

skh4you (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2014

"All my life I've had to deal with have an overactive bladder it made me to the point where I was 18 and still wetting the bad at night as well as leaking throughout the day. When I first tried this I saw a huge difference, I haven't had any of those problems except for when I keep it on longer than I should. At first my skin was a little irritated by the patch but now it's nothing and easy to take off. I spent 1 day without it on and it really showed me how important it is for me to have it, I felt dirty through out the day and had to pee all the time like always. I am so thankful for this patch it really has helped live with having an over active bladder."

Partygirl91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2014

"I would love to give this medicine a 10. It works great for my overactive bladder, unfortunately the irritation and itching is unbearable and I have to end up changing the patch every couple of days. I am running out of places on my body because the irritation and itching lasts a lot longer than the patch. The medicine works great but can't get past the irritation from the patch."

FNE2008 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2014

"I tried the Oxytrol patch and liked the effect on helping my overactive bladder, but it irritated my skin and caused such itching I couldn't continue it. I tried placing the patch in a variety of places to no avail. I see on this site that it seems to be a common occurrence. "

Just me? (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2014

"The patch worked. However the itching and inflamed skin was not tolerable. I wish I could bear it just to be relieved of the overactive bladder. I thought I would have a normal life. Now trying Toviaz."

Carmen ann January 19, 2014

"I am 19 years old and started using this patch. I had surgery to stretch my bladder a year ago (apparently my bladder quit growing at a young age). Before, I had to go to the bathroom every hour and a half and the surgery was only a temporary fix from this. This patch worked wonders! Not only do I go less, but I can also hold it in for a lot longer!"

:-) (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2014

"I get bad reaction to the adhesive. The redness stays for weeks and itches so bad. I clean the area with acetone to remove the adhesive residue and then clean it with alcohol. Hope you guys will create one for sensitive adhesive like sensitive bandage. The product helps with overactive bladder I just hope the itch and redness will go away. Been using this patch for a month."

Grace simp January 2, 2014

"I LOVE THIS. IT HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO PEOPLE everywhere. Remember everyone is different so it may not help some and it may help some but as for me it does work."

oxytrol works December 1, 2013

"After seeing a commercial for Oxytrol, I knew I had to give it a shot. I have had numerous occurances that if I had not been wearing a Depends I would have had a very embarrassing situation. I noticed a difference the very FIRST day. No sudden urges and no accidents ( or NEAR accidents). I have gotten my life back! I want to shout it from the rooftops! Very, very happy with this product! So thankful it is now over the counter! I have read reviews about people saying the patch left adhesive residue, I've had no such problem. Also have not had it come off in the shower or pool. I think it might be improved if the patch were a bit rubbery, say something along the lines of a blister band aide."

BryteEyez (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2013

"Been wearing the patches for a week now. I can tell a difference. The urge to use the bathroom greatly decreased. So glad they are OTC! The only problem i have is when I remove the patch it leaves adhesive on the skin, its hard to get off. And waterproof would be better. Maybe they will update them sooner or later. But def recommended"

Ohiogirl28 November 11, 2013

"I want to thank Merck and it's scientist that developed this patch and I am so glad it is Over the Counter now. I have worn the patch for one month now. I am on my second box and will be purchasing a third a forth and so on..... Oxytrol has changed my life back to normal. No standing up and urine flowing out uncontrollably anymore. No more 12-15 trips to the bathroom a day. I travel and now I can drive for 2-3 hours at a time without stopping for a bathroom. Now I change the patch on day 4. I did try to hold out for the 4th night and while i did not have the urgency problem I did have to urinate more frequently than if I go four days and three nights. The adhesive problems and the crinkling I DON'T CARE better then a diaper."

Theresa S (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2013

"I used 4 patches in 4 days because each morning when I got in the shower the patch came off. That was a cost of $4 a day since I had paid $16 for the box. I called Merck (manufactures product) and was told they would send me a coupon or another box of patches. That was 4 weeks ago and nothing yet. But I have decided not to use the product or recommend it to anyone."

Madder than H_ _ _ October 30, 2013

"This patch sucks! It's a complete waste of money. It doesn't do anything! Waste of money!"

Jamcanfi74 October 25, 2013

"Great at first. Now I've had stomach pain for the last 3 days. I'm on my 3rd patch. Not sure if I should stop or not."

bedine (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2013

"Drug works but the patch is horrible. It is plastic and wrinkles up. The edges don't adhere well so the patch is always sticking to my clothes. I hope they fix this issue. If they do I will buy again but for now I'm going to save my money."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2013

"I had a sling a few years ago for stress incontinence (that I have had since I was a kid), but it didn't do anything for the overactive bladder, obviously. I tried the patch and within 24 hours, there was a huge difference. However, the patch does not stick well. The adhesive on the edges of the patch is not good. While it does not come off, it does crinkle and wrinkle and one was clearly not adhering much at all and I doubt much medicine was delivered, which was why it did not work that day. The medicine is great, but they need to improve the actual patch."

WBe (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2013

"ABSOLUTELY THRILLED. I'M AMAZED. I just turned 52-YO but have suffered from incontinence for the last few years and seem to go through 2 to 3 "super-plus" Poise or Tena each day, plus one at night. I saw an ad on TV yesterday for Oxytrol and bought a 4-pack ($16.99) on my lunch hour and put one on about 1:15pm. And while certainly NOT recommended for someone with my condition, my co-workers and I go out on Mondays for a few cocktails and I always make sure I have extra 'pads' in my purse. We're talking LESS THAN 5-HOURS and a few Miller Lites, I stayed totally dry and only leaked when I was just about to sit down on the toilet. THAT IS A MIRACLE."

L C (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2013

"I have had the patch on for 24 hours, don't even know it is there. I CANNOT believe it's effectiveness. The CONSTANT urge to urinate is GONE! I have NO feeling that I will have an accident and I DON'T have to visit the bathroom constantly to make sure my bladder is empty! My bladder actually feels CALM. All other methods I have tried were failures right from the onset of use. "

Patt Bush October 3, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had the Oxytrol patch on for only about 24 hours and understand that it takes between 24 and 48 hours to notice any improvement, so I have noticed no improvement yet. It does not stick well and I have had to put adhesive tape around the edges of the patch to keep it on. I don't know if I picked a bad spot (middle of my stomach) but certain ways it turn, it seems to pinch. I used nicotine patches years ago and it seems that if these patches were smaller and less rigid, they might adhere a little better. I like the idea of a patch lasting 3-4 days, but I would prefer using one smaller patch a day if they stuck to the skin better."

Dellissa September 25, 2013

"What a difference the Oxytrol patch has made in my life. I was having to go to the bathroom 10 to 12 times in an afternoon. Since using the patches, I only go about 4 times. I have had no side effects."

coffeeman September 8, 2013

"I was worried the patch would be intrusive, but once I put it on, the only thing I noticed was my reduced need to go to the bathroom. I didn't experience any other side effects."

Overactive Angie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2013

"I've had incontinence for some time, but it got to where the urge would hit so hard that I couldn't move until the urge passed and I could get to the bathroom. I went to the doctor and she put me on Oxybutynin. It may be all in my head but I swear only one 5mg. pill already has worked. I didn't have that extreme urge when I got up from a nap, like I did before. I still had the urge but not as severe. Time will tell."

junbug March 3, 2011