User Reviews for Pyridium

Learn more about Pyridium.

Interstitial Cystitis 6 reviews 28 medications

8.4
Dysuria 9 reviews 23 medications

8.2
Summary of Pyridium reviews 15 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Pyridium

Review by CaMaJa (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: It has helped a lot. Does turn my urine a neon orange. I had taken it before now about 3 years ago without any other side effects besides neon Orange urine, but this time my vision went very blurry, very quickly and scared me a lot. Then I started reading other people's reviews on it and now I understand its normal and nothing for me to freak out over. This is a great medicine either way.

September 25, 2013 10:41 PM
Review by winniepin88: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: Took this for pain relief for a urinary tract infection - took about an hour and a half to kick in for my first pill but after that I took it every 4 1/2 hrs because I had bad pressure and burning that kept coming back. Usually I have no symptoms on this but more recently when I took it I have had nausea, blurred vision, really bad sweats. But nothing serious that would make me stop taking the pill.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 30, 2013 1:35 PM
Review by Winnie Pin: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: I took Pyridium for my urinary tract infection. I have taken this medication many times and it works WONDERS. Takes away that uncomfy pressure and burning sensation. When I take it, it takes about 45 - 1 hr to kick in initially and then depending how bad my urinary tract infection is I take it every 4 hours. Usually I get no symptoms however this time taking it I do, I have gotten blurred vision, bad drowsiness, cold sweats and hot flashes, BUT they are all manageable!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2013 3:02 PM
Review by numie11 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: Dr. gave it for bladder infection, but all it did was making me extremely itchy in vagina.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 6, 2013 9:59 PM
Review by beenthere123 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: I have interstitial cystitis and also just finished a Z Pack for a sinus infection. I got a yeast infection and was in desperate pain, extreme burning , swelling etc. I took a 200mg Pyridium pill and cut in half, as I remember how nauseated it had formerly made me. I weigh 110lbs and I am sensitive to most medicines, so I like to start smaller. I suggest you take it with food as it says that it doesn't interfere with the affect it has. Will make your urine bright orange, so watch your white clothes.

February 9, 2013 9:16 PM
Review by stents (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: Reduced pain from stone passing through urinary tract and also helped with bowel evacuation.

January 31, 2013 11:55 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: Was wonderful for the urinary tract infection. I also have a urethral fissure...Didn't help with fissure but not designed to do so.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 26, 2012 1:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: I have to take Pyridium. Have been taking it for many years. My urologist says I don't have Interstitial Cystitis but my bladder started burning in 1992 and hasn't stopped, so it may be urogenic bladder. Pyridium does seem to make me drowsy and I itch a lot. But not sure if the Pyridium causes it as I'm on many other medications. It does help the burning of my bladder.

April 10, 2012 2:09 PM
Review by ooohyeah99: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: This is a magical medicine! Had a very bad bladder infection and couldn't get out of the bathroom! After 2 doses I had COMPLETE relief! Turns your urine highlighter orange but it's so worth it! I don't know how I ever got through a urinary tract infection without it!

February 8, 2012 10:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: Skin of my body and foot become yellow, vomiting sensation, headache.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 23, 2012 11:46 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: When taking this medication I developed a fever, reddening of the eyes even more pain and I wasn't able to hold anything down which ended up in a prolonged stay in the hospital.

September 14, 2011 1:10 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: This medicine has been a God send for me. If I miss a dose, my pain is severe enough to inhibit normal daily activities. Along with my DSMO treatments, I am slowly feeling better!

August 4, 2009 10:11 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: The doctor prescribed this along with an antibiotic. I have taken 3 doses as prescribed and have had little relief. I have used the OTC Uristat and had more success.

August 2, 2009 6:10 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: Allows me to function.

May 12, 2009 4:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: This medicine is the best - fast acting and relieves pain, spasms associated with urinary tract infections. Highly recommend it.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2008 9:22 PM