User Reviews for Pyridium

Learn more about Pyridium.

Dysuria 10 reviews 23 medications

7.8
Interstitial Cystitis 6 reviews 28 medications

7.8
Summary of Pyridium reviews 16 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Pyridium

For Dysuria "Did some, not enough, to relieve pain. I have pain because I have a ureter stent and am receiving radiation treatments to the pelvis -- both irritate the bladder and urinary track. I am searching for a similar drug to this. There must be something similar to this drug that helps alleviate the pain."

CJ12354321 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

For Dysuria "It has helped a lot. Does turn my urine a neon orange. I had taken it before now about 3 years ago without any other side effects besides neon Orange urine, but this time my vision went very blurry, very quickly and scared me a lot. Then I started reading other people's reviews on it and now I understand its normal and nothing for me to freak out over. This is a great medicine either way."

CaMaJa (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2013

For Dysuria "Took this for pain relief for a urinary tract infection - took about an hour and a half to kick in for my first pill but after that I took it every 4 1/2 hrs because I had bad pressure and burning that kept coming back. Usually I have no symptoms on this but more recently when I took it I have had nausea, blurred vision, really bad sweats. But nothing serious that would make me stop taking the pill."

winniepin88 August 30, 2013

For Dysuria "I took Pyridium for my urinary tract infection. I have taken this medication many times and it works WONDERS. Takes away that uncomfy pressure and burning sensation. When I take it, it takes about 45 - 1 hr to kick in initially and then depending how bad my urinary tract infection is I take it every 4 hours. Usually I get no symptoms however this time taking it I do, I have gotten blurred vision, bad drowsiness, cold sweats and hot flashes, BUT they are all manageable!"

Winnie Pin August 29, 2013

For Dysuria "Dr. gave it for bladder infection, but all it did was making me extremely itchy in vagina. "

numie11 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2013

For Dysuria "I have interstitial cystitis and also just finished a Z Pack for a sinus infection. I got a yeast infection and was in desperate pain, extreme burning , swelling etc. I took a 200mg Pyridium pill and cut in half, as I remember how nauseated it had formerly made me. I weigh 110lbs and I am sensitive to most medicines, so I like to start smaller. I suggest you take it with food as it says that it doesn't interfere with the affect it has. Will make your urine bright orange, so watch your white clothes."

beenthere123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2013

For Dysuria "Reduced pain from stone passing through urinary tract and also helped with bowel evacuation."

stents (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2013

For Interstitial Cystitis "Was wonderful for the urinary tract infection. I also have a urethral fissure...Didn't help with fissure but not designed to do so."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2012

For Interstitial Cystitis "I have to take Pyridium. Have been taking it for many years. My urologist says I don't have Interstitial Cystitis but my bladder started burning in 1992 and hasn't stopped, so it may be urogenic bladder. Pyridium does seem to make me drowsy and I itch a lot. But not sure if the Pyridium causes it as I'm on many other medications. It does help the burning of my bladder."

Anonymous April 10, 2012

For Dysuria "This is a magical medicine! Had a very bad bladder infection and couldn't get out of the bathroom! After 2 doses I had COMPLETE relief! Turns your urine highlighter orange but it's so worth it! I don't know how I ever got through a urinary tract infection without it!"

ooohyeah99 February 8, 2012

For Dysuria "Skin of my body and foot become yellow, vomiting sensation, headache."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

For Interstitial Cystitis "When taking this medication I developed a fever, reddening of the eyes even more pain and I wasn't able to hold anything down which ended up in a prolonged stay in the hospital."

Anonymous September 14, 2011

For Interstitial Cystitis "This medicine has been a God send for me. If I miss a dose, my pain is severe enough to inhibit normal daily activities. Along with my DSMO treatments, I am slowly feeling better!"

Anonymous August 4, 2009

For Dysuria "The doctor prescribed this along with an antibiotic. I have taken 3 doses as prescribed and have had little relief. I have used the OTC Uristat and had more success."

Anonymous August 2, 2009

For Interstitial Cystitis "Allows me to function."

Anonymous May 12, 2009

For Interstitial Cystitis "This medicine is the best - fast acting and relieves pain, spasms associated with urinary tract infections. Highly recommend it."

Anonymous December 9, 2008

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate