User Reviews for Pyridium

Learn more about Pyridium.

Pyridium review summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Dysuria.

Reviews for Pyridium to treat Dysuria

Review by CaMaJa (taken for less than 1 month):

It has helped a lot. Does turn my urine a neon orange. I had taken it before now about 3 years ago without any other side effects besides neon Orange urine, but this time my vision went very blurry, very quickly and scared me a lot. Then I started reading other people's reviews on it and now I understand its normal and nothing for me to freak out over. This is a great medicine either way.

September 25, 2013 10:41 PM

Review by winniepin88:

Took this for pain relief for a urinary tract infection - took about an hour and a half to kick in for my first pill but after that I took it every 4 1/2 hrs because I had bad pressure and burning that kept coming back. Usually I have no symptoms on this but more recently when I took it I have had nausea, blurred vision, really bad sweats. But nothing serious that would make me stop taking the pill.

August 30, 2013 1:35 PM

Review by Winnie Pin:

I took Pyridium for my urinary tract infection. I have taken this medication many times and it works WONDERS. Takes away that uncomfy pressure and burning sensation. When I take it, it takes about 45 - 1 hr to kick in initially and then depending how bad my urinary tract infection is I take it every 4 hours. Usually I get no symptoms however this time taking it I do, I have gotten blurred vision, bad drowsiness, cold sweats and hot flashes, BUT they are all manageable!

August 29, 2013 3:02 PM

Review by numie11 (taken for less than 1 month):

Dr. gave it for bladder infection, but all it did was making me extremely itchy in vagina.

April 6, 2013 9:59 PM

Review by beenthere123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have interstitial cystitis and also just finished a Z Pack for a sinus infection. I got a yeast infection and was in desperate pain, extreme burning , swelling etc. I took a 200mg Pyridium pill and cut in half, as I remember how nauseated it had formerly made me. I weigh 110lbs and I am sensitive to most medicines, so I like to start smaller. I suggest you take it with food as it says that it doesn't interfere with the affect it has. Will make your urine bright orange, so watch your white clothes.

February 9, 2013 9:16 PM

Review by stents (taken for less than 1 month):

Reduced pain from stone passing through urinary tract and also helped with bowel evacuation.

January 31, 2013 11:55 AM

Review by ooohyeah99:

This is a magical medicine! Had a very bad bladder infection and couldn't get out of the bathroom! After 2 doses I had COMPLETE relief! Turns your urine highlighter orange but it's so worth it! I don't know how I ever got through a urinary tract infection without it!

February 8, 2012 10:32 PM

Skin of my body and foot become yellow, vomiting sensation, headache.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2012 11:46 AM

The doctor prescribed this along with an antibiotic. I have taken 3 doses as prescribed and have had little relief. I have used the OTC Uristat and had more success.

August 2, 2009 6:10 AM