User Reviews for Pyridium

Learn more about Pyridium.

Pyridium review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Interstitial Cystitis.

Reviews for Pyridium to treat Interstitial Cystitis

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Was wonderful for the urinary tract infection. I also have a urethral fissure...Didn't help with fissure but not designed to do so.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2012 1:45 PM

I have to take Pyridium. Have been taking it for many years. My urologist says I don't have Interstitial Cystitis but my bladder started burning in 1992 and hasn't stopped, so it may be urogenic bladder. Pyridium does seem to make me drowsy and I itch a lot. But not sure if the Pyridium causes it as I'm on many other medications. It does help the burning of my bladder.

April 10, 2012 2:09 PM

When taking this medication I developed a fever, reddening of the eyes even more pain and I wasn't able to hold anything down which ended up in a prolonged stay in the hospital.

September 14, 2011 1:10 PM

This medicine has been a God send for me. If I miss a dose, my pain is severe enough to inhibit normal daily activities. Along with my DSMO treatments, I am slowly feeling better!

August 4, 2009 10:11 AM

Allows me to function.

May 12, 2009 4:02 PM

This medicine is the best - fast acting and relieves pain, spasms associated with urinary tract infections. Highly recommend it.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2008 9:22 PM