Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Ditropan

Learn more about Ditropan.

Urinary Incontinence 4 reviews 50 medications

5.3
Overactive Bladder 9 reviews 22 medications

Dysuria 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ditropan reviews 13 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Ditropan

Review by Cobbscout (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Urinary Incontinence: Pill is soft and easily broken in half. I do better taking half in the morning and half in the evening otherwise I get a dry mouth.

February 21, 2013 12:11 PM

Review by Female 49yo (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Overactive Bladder: It definitely helps with "urgency" - I can now hang on for a while (up to an hour), whereas before I had to go immediately. My main concern with it is a feeling of vagueness and slight difficulty focusing mentally, starting around an hour after I take it and lasting 2-3 hours. It seems to be increasing. I am concerned enough about this that I am considering stopping Ditropan. Another side effect is a dry mouth. I need to have frequent sips of water, and the dryness wakes me up 2-3 times a night.

January 21, 2013 12:21 AM

Review by southernbell29 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Overactive Bladder: It doesn't seem to work for me I still have urgency problems and my bladder still feels like its not relaxing at all.

November 30, 2012 5:07 PM

For Overactive Bladder: Using for bladder problems (inflexible bladder muscles). Lengthens the time between needing to go and stops the spasms while trying to hold on. Only the maximum dose really does much. Makes me drowsy and makes my mouth so dry it gets sore. It's better than nothing at all.

April 11, 2012 6:52 PM

For Urinary Incontinence: My son is 11 years old. He has had urinary incontinence all his life and a doctor at children's hospital in Cincinnati Ohio found this problem. He is having him try oxybutynin cl ER 5 mg and there is no more running and not making it. He has had a little dry mouth but not complaining. Thank you for this new medicine.

February 26, 2012 4:10 PM

For Overactive Bladder: While it helped with urgency it causes dry mouth and worse a loss of sexual appetite.

January 17, 2012 1:57 AM

For Overactive Bladder: Had constipation side effect. Effectiveness greatly diminishes after 1-2 months.

September 27, 2011 5:15 AM

For Overactive Bladder: Ditropan caused blurred vision and dry mouth and did not relieve frequent urination.

May 26, 2011 12:59 AM

Review by Optional:

For Urinary Incontinence: It didn't work for my incontinence problem (which occurred after laser TURP), and I think it made it worse. It caused me to have a dry mouth, which caused me to drink more, which caused more incontinence. I told the doctor that I wasn't having bladder spasms, but he ignored what I said and said to give it a try and come back in 30 days.

December 15, 2010 1:46 PM

For Overactive Bladder: Gave me constipation and bloating - worse than the problem it was supposed to treat.

October 19, 2010 3:59 PM

For Urinary Incontinence: I have Parkinson's and a prostatectomy. This medicine didn't relieve the frequent nighttime urination and caused negative mood changes (upset, anger) with swollen ankles and esophageal blockage.

February 10, 2010 5:30 PM

For Overactive Bladder: I took this for bladder spasms when I had a stent put into my ureter when I had a kidney stone. It provided a great deal of relief from the painful bladder spasms. I did not notice any side effects.

November 24, 2009 3:33 AM

For Overactive Bladder: This medicine is supposed to stop urinary leakage but that is not working for me. I rate it 2 out of 10 because it seems to help a little bit.

November 23, 2009 12:33 PM