User Reviews for Ditropan

Learn more about Ditropan.

Ditropan Review Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Ditropan to treat Overactive Bladder

"It definitely helps with "urgency" - I can now hang on for a while (up to an hour), whereas before I had to go immediately. My main concern with it is a feeling of vagueness and slight difficulty focusing mentally, starting around an hour after I take it and lasting 2-3 hours. It seems to be increasing. I am concerned enough about this that I am considering stopping Ditropan. Another side effect is a dry mouth. I need to have frequent sips of water, and the dryness wakes me up 2-3 times a night."

Female 49yo (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2013

"It doesn't seem to work for me I still have urgency problems and my bladder still feels like its not relaxing at all."

southernbell29 (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2012

"Using for bladder problems (inflexible bladder muscles). Lengthens the time between needing to go and stops the spasms while trying to hold on. Only the maximum dose really does much. Makes me drowsy and makes my mouth so dry it gets sore. It's better than nothing at all."

Anonymous April 11, 2012

"While it helped with urgency it causes dry mouth and worse a loss of sexual appetite."

Anonymous January 17, 2012

"Had constipation side effect. Effectiveness greatly diminishes after 1-2 months. "

Anonymous September 27, 2011

"Ditropan caused blurred vision and dry mouth and did not relieve frequent urination."

Anonymous May 26, 2011

"Gave me constipation and bloating - worse than the problem it was supposed to treat."

Anonymous October 19, 2010

"I took this for bladder spasms when I had a stent put into my ureter when I had a kidney stone. It provided a great deal of relief from the painful bladder spasms. I did not notice any side effects."

Anonymous November 24, 2009

"This medicine is supposed to stop urinary leakage but that is not working for me. I rate it 2 out of 10 because it seems to help a little bit."

Anonymous November 23, 2009