User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 124 reviews 11 medications

Chronic Pain 50 reviews 105 medications

Pain 142 reviews 935 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 316 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Methadone

For Chronic Pain: "I have suffered from chronic back and neck pain since 2007 and have tried just about every pain medication on the market with little to no relief. Finally my doctors tried Methadone. It does not remove all pain but does provide enough relief so that I can function on a daily basis, there is no "high" when taking this medication and the need for dosage increases is much less frequent than with other pain medications. I did find that I had some weight gain but with proper diet that can be controlled. I also suffered from severe hot flashes, as a man this was not expected and took a while before they figured out that the medications I was on dropped my Testosterone level, but with injections all that was corrected."

trying to survive October 21, 2014

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Is very good for chronic pain without very much side effects. Very effective."

BRINO (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 17, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "So, so happy I researched my area and found a methadone clinic. The weekly amount you pay to receive your daily dose is far far less than what you would be spending elsewhere! Methadone did give me my life back. It only took about two months of it being in my system to me to feel as if I could start functioning again as a normal person, get up,Go to work, Cook dinner, Clean, then actually be able to sleep and do it again the next day. Thank you to those who do see people are trying to do the right thing and get sober!"

SocleAnsosober September 30, 2014

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone has once again helped me get clean for almost a year. I detoxed off of it 12 years ago & yes it was tough but possible. Take it nice and slow when detoxing and consider a blind detox so you cant convince yourself your feeling a drop in your dose. If you can afford Suboxone I would suggest that over Methadone for easier detox."

xxvv September 25, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I've had major back pain- 5 back surgeries with chronic pain nothing has given relief, I've been put on all kinds of medications and fentynil patches which really were awful!! Methadone was prescribed by a pain management Dr assigned to me in hospital after one surgery, he told me it's been around a thousand years, has very few side effects and works better. It by far has been the best for me, I don't have the fuzzy brain like the rest of the drugs do, it has been consistent in pain relief it doesn't take an hour to work then stop in 3, it continues working!"

Kmegamom (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 23, 2014

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I been on Methadone for 13 years and is only Drug that helped me and Doctors say I will always be on this Medicine , 1 dose of 150mg in morning and I am Great all day and Night !!"

Greg Davis (taken for 10 years or more) September 18, 2014

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Great for Pain but Never Stop taking it without being Dosed down slowly"

Greg WV September 18, 2014

For Pain: "Works great for chronic back pain relief."

Evetsh (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2014

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I have struggled with addiction my whole life and no matter how I try cannot abstain for long on my own. Methadose had made this a walk in the park. I have my life back. I can be in the moment and experience life (good or bad) as it comes. I consider Methadose a life saver."

DaveyB (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was on the fentanyl pain patch 75 mcg & 2 Percocet 10/325 for neck surgery that never healed. I wanted to stop but I already knew what stopping without help would make me very very sick. So I went to A place that charged me $90.00 a week for a dosage of 75 mg daily plus NA meetings as many as I needed. All was great after a year no more cravings so I decided to taper off and hope the neck pain would be tolerable. So after 2 months of tapering I was finally clean & sober. (I thought) My last dose was Thursday morning and by 4:00 am Sunday morning the withdrawal I tried to avoid happens. Throwing up nothing but bile cause I couldn't eat or drink anything than after about 36 hours of that, the runs come and stay for about day & 1/2. "

ISPY (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 4, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "It does help so many people, it helped me. I'm clean now. Be cautious when detoxing. Please do it slowly. And after you detox from methadone, you will not feel normal right away. It takes a good two weeks to get your normalcy back."

mkizzlebizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "Started methadone a week ago. Have been suffering with severe chronic pain after breaking my back three years ago. So far this is the best medication for pain relief I have ever taken. I am hoping the sleepy (can't keep my eyes open) side effect goes away once I'm on it for a bit longer."

Natty34 July 20, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I've been fighting the pain management battle for about 6 years now, and I can finally say that I might have finally won. Just really don't understand why doctors waste peoples time with anything else for actual chronic pain. Methadone is a God send! If anyone is reading this and is in pain, do yourself and your family a favor and find a Dr that will prescribe this for you."

oldrty (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 15, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I am very happy with the way Methadone takes care of my pain. I have been on it for 5 years, same dose and don't feel like it has lost effectiveness. It's long acting so I don't have breakthrough pain unless I forget to take it on time. The only real problem I have with it is it killed my appetite for most foods. I live on greek yogurt with fruit mixed in and maybe a bowl of shredded wheat to keep me regular. My cupboards are bare because I don't want anything else. I take a multi-vitamin daily so I don't get anemic. Very good pain medicine, does the job."

keleeemo (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I became very addicted to opiates from chronic pain that I was talking about 10 30mg oxycodone in a day. Trust me when I say that methadone has saved my life and my pocket. I will NEVER go back to that life. Methadone keeps me pain free everyday all day. It's the best by far. Hope your experience is as good for you as for me and many others."

kaj2871 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have no negative story to say, it's helped me get my life back on track. Some of the side effects from methadone you can get with taking it. I am very happy with the outcome for myself."

ambio (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2014

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "The absolute best formula, with NMDA Receptor Antagonist Properties for Pain such as severe chronic pain management, For a Severe case of RSD/CRPS My dose was 3 1/2 Diskettes twice daily..dissolve in water, my RSD/CRPS was going into remission thanks to the proper dosing. My feeling is they took away the diskettes to re-capitalize by doing away with this tablet and charging more for a 5 - 10 mg tablets."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 26, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on methadone for almost 10 years. I have tapered and got off a few times, but always seem to fall back. I have never gone higher than 45mgs. this dose has complete covered all withdrawal symptoms without feeling tired and useless. I had a son last year at the age of 33, and was very nervous of the effect it would have on my new born. I never increased my dose through my pregnancy and remained at 40mgs comfortably. when Sam was born, he experienced NO withdrawal symptoms. I was worried sick for.nothing, however that is not always or even often the case. Overall, methadone maintenance has been a very positive experience."

lindsay1980 (taken for 10 years or more) June 20, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "My family doctor prescribed me 60 of the 10mg tablets (one every 12hrs) and this is day 2 and I still don't feel any different. I still give it a 3 because I have faith its going to start working."

John Carson May 24, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "This medication has saved my life I'm no longer using and I've been sober for over a year now. I have chronic back pain and I was prescribed hydrocodone and than after a while Percocets. Well after some time my doctor decided to move and I was faced to find another doctor but finding a new doctor was hard and it lead me down a path of destruction than I found a doctor who would give me methadone to help with my pain and addiction and now I feel so much better."

Christar (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I am prescribed 1-2 (10mg) tabs of Methadone, up to 6 times every 24 hours. On the "good" days, I take a lower dose (like 3 (10mg) tabs in 24 hours) with pretty much complete relief & on the "worst" of days, the max dose (12 (10mg) tabs in 24 hours) makes doing the everyday "necessities" actually possible. The biggest negative I've experienced while on this medicine, is a MAJOR WEIGHT GAIN of around 1-2 lbs a WEEK (So like 40lbs in 6 months, before I started working out & dieting to compensate)! Also, this medication has COMPLETELY STOPPED my menstrual cycle! However with these downsides, I'd still strongly suggest this medicine for those with chronic severe back pain!"

Lil' Miss Priss May 12, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "It has really helped with my pain. The only side effect has been constipation."

ChloeD April 26, 2014

For Opiate Withdrawal: "This was a life changing experience and I have the power to make positive changes in the everyday challenges I face. Without methadone treatment this would not have been possible."

TJtide. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "This medication works better on bone pain than any other pain medication I have ever taken. The big plus is it does not fog my brain. It makes life as good as it gets when you have to have pain medication in order to function."

butterflyroses April 17, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I took methadone for 2 years and finally had to give it up. Yes, it was effective against the pain but, I'd gained 40 pounds, very lethargic for 3-4 hours after dose, developed uncontrollable jerking of my extremities, difficulty urinating (I am talking hours being unable to urinate), break out in sweats after taking medicine, constipation, severe nausea and occasional vomiting with taking the medicine, didn't matter if I had eaten or not, and finally confusion for weeks when first starting. Yes, my Dr. was aware of this all along the way and would have kept me on it, but I couldn't take it any more. Now, back to more conventional treatment options. I had so hoped the methadone would be the long term answer to my pain and it DID help BUT."

Joe1968 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2014