User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Chronic Pain 27 reviews 102 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 268 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

Review by redfire1369:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I have been on methadone diskettes for heroin addiction for 12 years. Seems like a long time? Not really. This program has kept me from relapsing and enabled me to work and function without cravings or pain. If I have to stay on this program forever that's okay with me. I love having my life and family back.

August 7, 2013 1:22 AM
Review by Jamie001: User Rating:

Methadose (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Methadone helps me tremendously with my chronic back pain, very functional as well.

July 27, 2013 11:51 AM
Review by storm 1764: User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: Got hurt on the job. So for the pain I got hooked on oxycodone and Percocets. I lost my family, house, kids, you name it I lost it. Had a friend after 7 years of addiction take me to the clinic and got on Methadone and have not touched any pain meds for 3 years. I was at one time a dose of 130mg of methadone now down to 40mg. If you choose this way remember it is a long hard road and you must try not to be on it forever. I am now just getting my self respect back and trying to start a new life. Have been cut off my benefits after 7 years and looking for work.

July 24, 2013 12:27 PM
Review by jennthompson4161211 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone has honestly saved my life. Having Crohn's Disease is super bad, chronic pain and I have been on every kind of pain medicine and inflammatory bowel disease medicine there is and I eventually became addicted to the opiates. When I found out I was pregnant with my second child four years ago I found a methadone maintenance treatment clinic to help me overcome my opiate addiction and also to my surprise it has also made my Crohn's virtually gone. I am so thankful for this medicine. I probably wouldn't be here without it. The one problem is that I cannot find a doctor anywhere close to me who can prescribe it, the only way it is available in my area is from an outpatient treatment clinic. And that is very expensive. I pay almost $450.00 a month.

June 25, 2013 4:58 PM
Review by jennthompson4161211: User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: I began taking methadone almost four years ago when I found out I was pregnant with my second child. I was addicted to opiate pain meds prescribed to me for my Crohn's Disease. I continued methadone treatment for two years when I thought I could be okay and no longer need it. After about seven months and becoming very sick from my Crohn's I decide to go back on methadone. Since I have not had any problems at all that have been associated to my Crohn's. I think until I actually realized that methadone was the one medication that was keeping my Crohn's under control, I had been on almost every medication prescribed for inflammatory bowel disease. I never felt good on any of them, and the side effects are horrible from most of them. Methadone has saved my life.

June 25, 2013 4:39 PM
Review by Dillon1616 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: This medication is a God send. It has truly saved my life and I can finally say I am happy. The clinic kept me in check by testing me and gave me awesome counseling and group therapy. I had heard all the horror stories about Methadone and how no one should ever go on it. MMT is the best thing that ever happened to me. Yes, the detox was bad but it changed my life forever and I am a new person.

June 5, 2013 1:43 PM
Review by ALILAMA (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

My father, who is 57 (and works 40 hours at home depot a week), has had multiple surgery's on his neck and lower back and has tried every pain killer for the past 15 years. He finally got prescribed methadone, and it worked better than he could ever imagine. Even though the laws in Florida are hard and he has a hard time filling his medicine script for the methadone, they work great. Even as a man who is almost 60 and should be disabled he is able to provide for his family.

June 2, 2013 3:25 AM
Review by Tonya63: User Rating:

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: I have been on so many other pain meds that made me sick and yes it was the one Dr who cared about someones pain that help prescribed it to me. Methadone is great because its the 1st thing I take and the last thing I take in a day so I can have life without so much pain.

April 27, 2013 11:02 PM
Review by Bfly73 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: I have had 4 spine surgeries from degenerative discs and have fibromyalgia. I have had chronic pain for 20 years. I went thru ALL pain meds. Methadone got me to a place I could function and live my life! Without throwing up all the time! I recently was able to slowly decrease the amount because I had gotten so high on the amount. The only downfall, when you have been on it as long as me, is you have to keep upping the amount. I also take Neurontin and that helps so much too! I take many vitamins, started exercising, and lost weight, so I could lower the amount of Methadone. It makes my life bearable. My doctor let me go as slow as I wanted, and over a year I decreased the amount from 200mgs to 80mgs. For severe pain, a must have!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 16, 2013 12:23 AM
Review by luvdrug: User Rating:

Methadose (methadone) for Chronic Pain: I've taken Methadone for 20 months now for chronic pain due to fibromyalgia, neuralgia, back and neck pain and migraines. This has helped me incredibly well. I've been able to function and gain my life back again! The only drawback is some weight gain...not a lot though...about 15 pounds over the time span, which is not a bad trade-off for crippling chronic pain. Although there is a stigma connected to methadone users it's worth it to finally be nearly pain free and be living again!

March 13, 2013 7:31 PM
Review by MS Sufferer: User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: I have been on Methadone for over 10 years due to chronic pain from Multiple Sclerosis and severe scoliosis. This medication has allowed me to live a relatively normal life. After all this time it still relieves my pain as well as it did in the beginning. Anyone who has not been helped by other medications, I would strongly encourage you to try Methadone. It has saved my life. You may have a little trouble with fatigue at first, but tough it out and it will pass.

March 8, 2013 11:48 PM
Review by mrsiveyblue (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: Wonderful medicine when used properly. Saved my life, helped my depression. Improved quality of life 100%. PS: To everyone still feeling badly after getting off of methadone, I think you are depressed and need treatment. Please see your doctor. There is no reason to go through life feeling sick all the time.

February 23, 2013 1:35 PM
Review by Jonathan Ritterman (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: Gall bladder surgery was either botched or had complications. Terrible chronic pain for 3 years now. No alcohol, smoking caffeine, greasy foods or medicines of ANY kind other than prescribed Methadone 3 x 10mg a day allows me to run my business and take care of my family. No side effects. Works amazingly long time with a very constant pain decrease effect. Also stops abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Other medications such as Vicodin and Darvocet did not work well at all for long term pain. I thank my Dr, who tried Methadone.

February 15, 2013 12:30 AM
Review by Kittyandcharlie: User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: I have taken Roxicodone 15's and then 30's for years. Still in pain and fed up I asked my doctor about Methadone. Now I take it along with Gabapentin and I'm feeling better, it's helps with the pain and I can take care of my son, job and other responsibilities. I'm so grateful I asked.

February 4, 2013 10:44 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: This is the best medication that I've tried after nine years of enduring severe chronic pain in my back and neck due to a severe almost fatal car accident. Its also been very effective in treating my fibromyalgia pain, which began four years ago. My problem with all of the other pain analgesics is that the pain relief that I was able to get at higher doses didn't last more than a few hours and they were far more expensive to get filled, while with methadone its very efficient in the length of time it helps minimize my pain and it is costs $50 (monthly prescription) compared to the expensive narcotics I was given in the past that ran up to $800 for just one months worth and were not effective in managing my Pain issues.

February 1, 2013 2:18 PM
Review by Omaof2 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: If I hadn't made the decision to begin methadone, I don't know where I would be. It wasn't an easy choice at all, but now I am so glad I did it. Its literally saved my life, my relationships and my future!

January 30, 2013 4:22 PM
Review by Brucie39: User Rating:

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I had a bad accident in May 2007 and the doctors put me on roxicodone. My life started to fall apart if I didn't have my meds, couldn't function . Missed a lot of work. Outings with my kids, etc. In 2008 I decided to get help so got on methadone and since then being in treatment I have gained so much of my life back. I can function now. I go do things with my kids and I am able to have a normal life again. Like it used to be before my accident. If you ever have a situation like this you need to try this.

January 29, 2013 5:17 PM
Review by Lb12girl: User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: I have taken methadone for a year and a half now it's the only thing I can take and it actually works for more than couple hours. I have had to increase my dose due to it wearing off too fast, other than that it saved my life!

January 26, 2013 5:42 AM
Review by RipRap (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone saved mine and countless other lives all over the world. There is no other treatment, for the disease of opiate addiction, more effective than Methadone.

January 3, 2013 7:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: Without this medication I was in too much pain to function as a normal person. My doctor and I tried many other medicines and combinations but nothing really helped.

December 28, 2012 11:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Only thing that really helped my pain.

December 11, 2012 1:59 PM
Review by Nopainz: User Rating:

methadone for Pain: I have severe recurring headaches which have plagued me since I suffered a head injury as a child. I tried almost everything under the sun to stop the pain and nothing seemed to work very well? Some of these medicines almost put me 6 feet under as well! I had a severe cardiac reaction to sumitriptan and the worst part was that triptans don't do anything for my headaches as far as relieving them. Some of the opiates I tried did work to varying degrees, but finally my doctor switched me over from Soma and 60mg codeine sulfate tabs, with 4mg Dilaudid tabs for breakthrough pain to 10 mg methadone, 2 tablets, 3 times daily coupled with 10mg cyclobenzaprine tablets (Flexerill) 3 times daily. It works quite well without any side effects to speak of.

November 18, 2012 11:50 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

methadone for Opiate Withdrawal: After becoming addicted to opiates, I tried numerous ways to quit: clonidine, detox, Suboxone, and methadone. Methadone is the only thing that truly helped me abstain from opiates, with very minimal side effects.

October 22, 2012 8:20 PM
Review by justme1223 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I was a heroin addict for 4 years and I lost everything including my family. Methadone helped me get my family back. If you are struggling with addiction, I highly recommend methadone... it saved my life.

October 13, 2012 8:55 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

methadone for Chronic Pain: I have been using it for chronic back pain and for cancer it has helped me a great deal, mine was prescribed by my doctor at the hospice in England so I was not out of pocket. The medicine works wonders, really helping my pain.

September 22, 2012 10:18 AM