User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Chronic Pain 37 reviews 102 medications

9.2
Opiate Withdrawal 115 reviews 11 medications

Pain 138 reviews 912 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 290 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

Review by MarcoMe (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: Chronic arthritic pain caused me to choose a knee replacement at 51 years old. Sadly, the same leg gained an ankle that is bone on bone due to the gait caused by the bad knee joint. Methadone works best for me with 800mg Ibuprofen. The worst experience with this medication is pharmacy staff. Until they got to know me, of course they assumed I was an addict. Although to be honest, most pain meds cause 2nd class citizen treatment from most medical staff, i.e. phlebotomists, front office staff at doctors office. I like that I can miss 10 or 20 mg of 60 mg/daily dose & not be in unbearable pain or withdrawing from the methadone.

April 3, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by Lucke (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Chronic Pain: Diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis 5 years ago. Tried every narcotic, or non narcotic and never found relief. Naturally became addicted and took a year coming off of 100/micrgr fentenanyl patches. ( 3 every 24/hrs plus oxy 80 as breakthrough ) when I got low enough I took Suboxone to ease my withdrawals. Suboxone worked awesome and I stayed on 20/mg a day for two years, but the analgesic effect of Suboxone is low, and I switched to methadone last August. I love the incredible half life of methadone and its analgesic effects are great for chronic pain. I recommend this to anyone fighting the pain management battle.

March 15, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by Detroit's Finest (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: Starting the methadone treatment was the best thing for me it saved my life turned my life around for the better just when I thought I was at the end of the rope that I just wanted to die. Someone told me about the methadone I tried it and it worked.

March 15, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by tovock:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I've had problems with painkillers mixed with real chronic pain problems for 20 years. Methadone has been part of the problem and help over the years. It works extremely well with pain. Better than most other medicines out there (and I've taken them all for pain at one time or another). It's pretty easy to come down to a very small amount daily like 5mg a day but to break that last 5mg Pill is torture. And then you have weeks of feeling off and not yourself.

March 15, 2014 12:59 AM

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Gave me my life back. The first thing I take in the morning and the last thing I take in the evening.

March 2, 2014 8:31 AM

Review by jettttjunkie:

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I've been on methadone for over 27 years and all I can say is that Methadose saved my life, if not for the clinic I go to I probably wouldn't be writing this opinion right now. This medication has helped me to lead a normal life after 15 years of addiction.

February 26, 2014 6:34 PM

Review by sopranofan (taken for 10 years or more):

For Opiate Withdrawal: When I first went on methadone for opiate withdrawal I was skeptical but sure enough I suffered NO withdrawal symptoms. I would have rated it a ten instead of a 9 but I DID kind of crave opiates for the first month I was on it.

February 17, 2014 2:58 PM

Review by TommyKnockerz (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: I'm a paraplegic and was on pain meds for the first few years after my accident but I'd been off for many years. I'd been put back on pain meds, methadone, for joint pain, back and neck pain. While it has cut the pain you DO NOT WANT TO BE ON THIS unless you have no other option. The withdrawal is long, muscle spasms, thoughts of dying, cramps, night sweats, etc. It also caused fluid retention in my legs and abdomen while taking it along with MANY other side effects.

February 10, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by sherribee:

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Taking this medication lets me have a little bit of the life I had before my body became full of arthritis, it has been a God send.

January 30, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by Hunter030:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: I like this medication because you can only take one dose and it will last you the entire day as for other medications that you have to take every 4 to 6 hours. It definitely takes away the pain.

January 20, 2014 11:23 AM

Review by Bebe301 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was addicted to drugs for about 10 years. I finally hit rock bottom and really needed help and fast. So the local Methadone clinic had me come in. I have now been on Methadone for about 3 years now. Methadone has helped me get my life back and get my confidence back as well. If I hadn't found methadone then I probably would have been dead or just miserable and wishing I were dead. But you also have to take into account that you are trading one drug for another. Methadone does help, but it is very addictive too. Most (not all) of the people that go to the clinic I go to abuse methadone and benzo's. Methadone is hard to get off of harder then heroin. Take this in account.

January 16, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by Jock strap (taken for 10 years or more):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was on heroin for 16 years and eventually got on the methadone program (after a 3 year wait). Best thing I've ever done, 4 years later I'm free from the gutter. Any opiate user will kick it no bother,if you keep to the rules, you will get on with the rest of your life, be human again. Be proud, be happy and be rich again.

January 7, 2014 3:00 AM

Review by A Chick (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: I had high expectations for methadone when I started it. I had to switch from Oxycontin to Methadone because of insurance coverage. It works OK for the pain, but I realized I was so unbelievably tired-with each one I took, and noticed it "peak" within 30 min. to an hour. I had NO desire to get out of bed!! It took every bit of my motivation away, gave me an uncomfortable head buzz, and when I went to the DR. a few days later-they said my blood pressure was low-which explained why I felt dizzy, faint, and just plain drained constantly! I have heard it's harder to get off of than oxycodone also. Prescibed for chronic pain, Spinal stenosis, DDD, double laminectomy surgery, constant pain!!

November 9, 2013 10:12 PM

Review by HopefulMommy:

For Chronic Pain: Started taking Methadone 2 1/2 weeks ago and have felt better these last 2 weeks than I have in over 10 years! Can function now without terrible pain, I have energy, i'm motivated to do things I haven't in a very long time. Thank God for this wonderful medication that has numerous advantages for someone like myself with many health problems who don't want to be on pain meds ever again. The stomach cramps and diarrhea from having my gall bladder removed are gone now too after 1 1/2 years of dealing with it. It seems like i'm also feeling better in the mental aspect of my life now too! I'm getting my life, family and happiness back!! Only wished I would have started this years ago.

November 7, 2013 6:46 PM

For Chronic Pain: I'm a diabetic with neuropathy, my endocrinologist put me on methadone to combat the extremely severe burning sensation associated with neuropathy about 5 years ago, and... HOLY TOLEDO! Methadone won the war! That med is so effective I often forget I have diabetes. I take four, 10mg tabs daily, and it has nearly ended the painful part of diabetes.

October 29, 2013 1:50 AM

Review by joshyboy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Withdrawal: man this s**t right here is the shit the best shit ever and I mean u take this pill and not only your pain goes away but so do ur problems and the sex is the s**t to for once the government actually gave us something good not like crack and heroin my sweat shirts don't have cigarette burn holes(heroin) and im not at your gas station baggen for chang and the best part about this drug all you tax payers pay for it and don't cost me a dime ( DA MEDICAL CARD BABBY) NOW GOOD LUCK GUYS O YA AND KIDZ DONT DO DRUGS

October 20, 2013 5:07 PM

Review by dre4201 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I started methadone in 2011 and it has been a life saver. I am currently on 100 mg of liquid methadone daily. Before I started treatment I was using oxycodone 30 mg, lets just say I had a 100 to 200 dollar a day habit that I'm not proud of.

September 27, 2013 11:22 AM

Review by Methadone finally saved me!:

For Chronic Pain: I suffer from chronic pain from cancer treatment and 8 major surgeries. I was on full medical disability for 5 years, and was being prescribed medicines like Dilaudid and Fentanyl for pain. My doctor finally referred me to a pain management Dr. He put me on methadone after I lost my health insurance because the Fentanyl patch was too expensive. It's been 9 years, now thanks to 30 mg of methadone daily I am off of disability, went back to work, and exercise daily. My quality of life improved immensely. Thanks to methadone!

September 2, 2013 12:07 AM

Review by M#:

For Chronic Pain: Best and only medicine that worked for my Chronic Pain.

August 29, 2013 3:28 AM

Review by Patient730 (taken for 10 years or more):

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: This medication changed my life entirely for the better. I am now able to live as a normal, productive citizen.

August 27, 2013 3:35 PM

Review by venus8i8:

For Chronic Pain: I have bad knees and use an electric chair. The doctor gave me methadone because I asked for it and turned down surgery. I took 10mgs a day--one pill. Not only was it better for pain then anything else I had taken but it helped even more with my depression/suicidal problems. It did not cure suicidal problems but I found myself happy and busy making things. I had to slowly take myself off when I realized I was taking 10 pills. The next time I saw my doctor she saw a very different person..sad and unresponsive. I remained that way for 6 months. I now only take Vicodin & Prozac and am doing well.

August 15, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by BL4Sfemer:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I've been taking Methadone disks for 5 yrs after a long battle with pain that lead to illicit use of injectables. This has saved my life, family and health. I have absolutely zero cravings nor desire to return to my previous lifestyle.

August 15, 2013 9:28 AM

Review by redfire1369:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I have been on methadone diskettes for heroin addiction for 12 years. Seems like a long time? Not really. This program has kept me from relapsing and enabled me to work and function without cravings or pain. If I have to stay on this program forever that's okay with me. I love having my life and family back.

August 7, 2013 1:22 AM

Review by Jamie001:

Methadose (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Methadone helps me tremendously with my chronic back pain, very functional as well.

July 27, 2013 11:51 AM

Review by storm 1764:

For Opiate Withdrawal: Got hurt on the job. So for the pain I got hooked on oxycodone and Percocets. I lost my family, house, kids, you name it I lost it. Had a friend after 7 years of addiction take me to the clinic and got on Methadone and have not touched any pain meds for 3 years. I was at one time a dose of 130mg of methadone now down to 40mg. If you choose this way remember it is a long hard road and you must try not to be on it forever. I am now just getting my self respect back and trying to start a new life. Have been cut off my benefits after 7 years and looking for work.

July 24, 2013 12:27 PM