Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Chronic Pain 47 reviews 103 medications

9.1
Opiate Withdrawal 119 reviews 11 medications

Pain 139 reviews 928 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 305 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Methadone

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Methadone is a lifesaver. It gives me that freedom to get through the day with the pain that I have. It is better than any other pain killer out there hands down. I dont have to worry about do I need More or cravings like other pain killers.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2015 10:28 PM

Review by Stina22:

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone saved my life! I've been clean for 6 years now thanks to methadone. If it wasn't for Methadone I'd be dead right now, I'm sure of it. My life is so much better now! Thank God for this medicine. I would suggest this option for anyone who's struggling with opiate addiction.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2015 1:34 AM

Review by Fastboy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: Stomach cramps every day and night

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2015 7:35 PM

Review by Jonathan624 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: Suffered a serious and painful injury during physical activity, which has left me bedridden for several months. I use Methadone along with quick-acting pain killers (Oxycodone) and my pain is now nearly nonexistant.

February 6, 2015 1:08 AM

Review by heney:

For Chronic Pain: Got pain gone

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 10:27 PM

Review by Mad Ruskie:

For Chronic Pain: Suffer with back pain since 1984 after 3 operations, also have had severe headaches since 1967. Some meds work on back pain but nothing ever had helped my headaches until I found methadone. Now one medicine has offered more relief than any other has for more than 40 years.

January 29, 2015 10:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Started on Methadone in the hospital after 2nd Laminectomy & fusion L-4 to S-1. I am on 30mgs 4 times a day (120mg in 24 hrs) I noticed an immediate weight gain of 20lbs (that I can't get rid of) and complete cessation of my menses! I was NOT warned of these side effects! The extra weight adds to my back pain & depression. I just don't know what to do! I want off of this, but I have failed other medications! I just want my body back (20 lbs lighter) AND help with my pain!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 1:48 AM

Review by browneyes0011:

For Chronic Pain: I have been taking methadone for chronic pain for a few years now and I have had great success. I'm so glad the doctor tried this on me.

December 30, 2014 12:15 PM

Review by KimberRN (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: Prior to Methadone therapy, my physician prescribed several different medications without being able to control my pain. The medications caused negative physical and emotional reactions without removing pain. Methadone therapy has been my MIRACLE. I went from bed-ridden to being able to function as a human being on Methadone. The success of Methadone depends on the patient following the physicians' orders and NOT altering them or taking OTC medications without consulting your physician FIRST.

December 23, 2014 10:41 AM

Review by jordanhsr92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I've been on methadone diskettes for about 6 months now 200mgs/day. I feel so much better now that I'm not spending time and money on trying to score, I have a job, money, and a productive lifestyle. Methadone has saved my life. 25$/day is way less than my 150-200$/ day habit.

December 19, 2014 9:41 PM

Review by Methacodone:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: Starting methadone was definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I look much healthier, and on top of all that I got an excellent job. Now I don't have to worry about being sick, methadone is amazing!

November 29, 2014 11:50 AM

Review by Swedishsweetie (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: I was diagnosed with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and chronic hip pain along with a severe case of plantars fasciitis (the least of my problems) when I was about a month pregnant. I came clean with my new Dr, telling him I had been self medicating with pain medicines since I was 14 and in a car accident. No Dr would help me because I was so young. Well not this time. My Dr realized that if he didn't find some way to help me it could be bad, so he instantly prescribed me methadone. It was safe in pregnancy with the right dose...it was a God send. My quality of life was back to 100%, it even helps with depression I believe. Best pain medicine I have ever been given.

November 15, 2014 12:58 AM

Review by Chrisphan (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I have been addicted to painkillers ever since I got out of the military. After my doctor moved and I could not find another doctor who would prescribe me what I'd been taking I tried to taper and quit but went into horrible withdrawals I was so sick luckily my therapist recommended that I try methadone maintenance and I'm so thankful she did! I got my life back no more highs and lows or running out of pills trying anything I could to get more and worrying about withdrawals etc. I also had suicide thoughts and attempts now it's been almost two years I've had no attempts or thoughts and I feel my quality of life is so much better! I don't want to be a lifer on methadone and plan on tapering slowly my current dose is 100mgs. This medicine works!

November 6, 2014 12:23 PM

Review by ProFiredog (taken for 10 years or more):

For Chronic Pain: Excellent! I have used high dose methadone for severe chronic pain treatment. I love the relief level after long term use. Maintaining unimpaired cognitive function (no "high"), no compromised respiratory function, no compromise of GI tract (nausea, constipation), no withdrawal effects, even with sudden total stoppage of the med. I have used for ten(10) years after three(3) on high dose sustained release oxycodone(OxyContin). I suffered severe multi-traumatic injuries from an explosion and four story fall in 1999 after nineteen(19) years as a professional FireFighter/Paramedic and have experienced severe chronic pain since regaining consciousness. Methadone should be the front line go to medicine for more patients by physicians.

October 27, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by trying to survive:

For Chronic Pain: I have suffered from chronic back and neck pain since 2007 and have tried just about every pain medication on the market with little to no relief. Finally my doctors tried Methadone. It does not remove all pain but does provide enough relief so that I can function on a daily basis, there is no "high" when taking this medication and the need for dosage increases is much less frequent than with other pain medications. I did find that I had some weight gain but with proper diet that can be controlled. I also suffered from severe hot flashes, as a man this was not expected and took a while before they figured out that the medications I was on dropped my Testosterone level, but with injections all that was corrected.

October 21, 2014 2:02 PM

Review by BRINO (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Is very good for chronic pain without very much side effects. Very effective.

October 17, 2014 3:39 AM

Review by SocleAnsosober:

For Opiate Withdrawal: So, so happy I researched my area and found a methadone clinic. The weekly amount you pay to receive your daily dose is far far less than what you would be spending elsewhere! Methadone did give me my life back. It only took about two months of it being in my system to me to feel as if I could start functioning again as a normal person, get up,Go to work, Cook dinner, Clean, then actually be able to sleep and do it again the next day. Thank you to those who do see people are trying to do the right thing and get sober!

September 30, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by xxvv:

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone has once again helped me get clean for almost a year. I detoxed off of it 12 years ago & yes it was tough but possible. Take it nice and slow when detoxing and consider a blind detox so you cant convince yourself your feeling a drop in your dose. If you can afford Suboxone I would suggest that over Methadone for easier detox.

September 25, 2014 10:48 PM

Review by Kmegamom (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: I've had major back pain- 5 back surgeries with chronic pain nothing has given relief, I've been put on all kinds of medications and fentynil patches which really were awful!! Methadone was prescribed by a pain management Dr assigned to me in hospital after one surgery, he told me it's been around a thousand years, has very few side effects and works better. It by far has been the best for me, I don't have the fuzzy brain like the rest of the drugs do, it has been consistent in pain relief it doesn't take an hour to work then stop in 3, it continues working!

September 23, 2014 7:13 PM

Review by Greg Davis (taken for 10 years or more):

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I been on Methadone for 13 years and is only Drug that helped me and Doctors say I will always be on this Medicine , 1 dose of 150mg in morning and I am Great all day and Night !!

September 18, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by Greg WV:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Great for Pain but Never Stop taking it without being Dosed down slowly

September 18, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by Evetsh (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Works great for chronic back pain relief.

September 16, 2014 11:25 PM

Review by DaveyB (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I have struggled with addiction my whole life and no matter how I try cannot abstain for long on my own. Methadose had made this a walk in the park. I have my life back. I can be in the moment and experience life (good or bad) as it comes. I consider Methadose a life saver.

September 7, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by ISPY (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I was on the fentanyl pain patch 75 mcg & 2 Percocet 10/325 for neck surgery that never healed. I wanted to stop but I already knew what stopping without help would make me very very sick. So I went to A place that charged me $90.00 a week for a dosage of 75 mg daily plus NA meetings as many as I needed. All was great after a year no more cravings so I decided to taper off and hope the neck pain would be tolerable. So after 2 months of tapering I was finally clean & sober. (I thought) My last dose was Thursday morning and by 4:00 am Sunday morning the withdrawal I tried to avoid happens. Throwing up nothing but bile cause I couldn't eat or drink anything than after about 36 hours of that, the runs come and stay for about day & 1/2.

August 4, 2014 11:02 AM

Review by mkizzlebizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Opiate Withdrawal: It does help so many people, it helped me. I'm clean now. Be cautious when detoxing. Please do it slowly. And after you detox from methadone, you will not feel normal right away. It takes a good two weeks to get your normalcy back.

August 2, 2014 10:44 AM