User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 126 reviews 11 medications

9.1
Chronic Pain 53 reviews 106 medications

8.9
Pain 143 reviews 908 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 322 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Methadone

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Go for the methadone. I've been an opiate addict for 10 years. I've been on methadone for two months now and I feel better than I ever have. I get my dose early in the morning and it keeps me well all day. I hardly ever think about getting high anymore. It's a better life. It works. It will take a week or two to find your appropriate dose but when you do you will feel so much better. I go to work and take care of my family. My love life with my life is better than ever. I can play with my son outside. It's great. If there's hope for me, there's hope for you too, my friend."

feelingbetterthanever July 5, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "In the summer of 2009 I found out I was pregnant, yay.....No I was addicted to heroin and a large amount of it daily, I could not continue this as long as another life was growing inside of me. Methadone maintenance was my only option. I had my child on methadone and began detoxing right away small amounts at a time like 2 mg per week. It's been 5 years and I went from 95 mgs to 15 mgs there were months at a time I just chose to linger on a dose just out of fear of being completely off. I am doing fine I'm a happy mom who lives a normal life and looking at me would never see any hints of my past. I'm a completely different person and ready to be done. There is only 15 mg between my life now and the life I used to lead. It works"

Has worked wonders when nothing else would June 22, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Neck fusion, lower back pain, nerve damage, I highly recommend this to get your life back"

Sgtjohn June 16, 2015

For Pain: "This is by far the best medicine for chronic back pain. These pain doctor's need to realize not everyone is a drug addict. All the other medication have serious side effects that they are substituting for narcotics. The only side effect is constipation, but they now have prescription medicine for this."

Tired of Pain!!! (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I've been taking this medicine for almost 4 years and I have had some horrible experiences, and side effects almost all of them, but there is one that's not listed my Teeth, all of them are breaking off to the gum line I wear a permanent bridge and the teeth that the bridge is bonded to have broken off now I have one tooth holding on a four teeth bridge and I have so much bone loss that all of my teeth are so loose that I could probably pull them out with my fingers, I don't see anything about this medicine in the list of side effects about it eating up the enamel and bone in your mouth does anyone know or have experienced the same problem and if there is a class action lawsuit about Methadone thank you "

Fishingirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 6, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I've been on Methadone for 5 years due to chronic pain from diffuse scleroderma and acute myositis. I tried every possible OTC med, narcotics (including high doses of morphine and fentanyl), Neurontin, Lyrica, physical therapy and nerve blocks. Nothing helped and I barely functioned....could barely walk to the bathroom and thought suicide was my only option for relief. Fortunately a new pain doctor recommended Methadone. Titrated up to 20mg 3 times a day with wonderful results along with oxycodone 30mg 3-4 times a day for breakthrough pain. I was able to walk 3 miles each day, no sedation or side effects. A new doctor tried to wean me off both with horrible pain returning...changed docs and back to previous doses. A Godsend drug!!"

Wendyhappiness June 3, 2015

For Pain: "I have suffered from severe pain since 2004 relating to Pancreatic Disease, Peripheral Neuropathy, Back (unspecified) and have been treated by a Pain Management Specialist since March of 2004. I have been treated on many different pain management therapies and I have been on Methadone for 8 out of these 11 years. Out of all the pain medications I have been on, Methadone has proved to be the most effective for my pain, although I do not think I can ever undergo a rapid withdrawal again. I am on 150 MG a day and it is prescribed in conjunction with Gabapentin and another non-narcotic medication called Prialt, which is a non-narcotic medicine which is infused via a pain pump. Methadone has saved my quality of life, but at a huge cost."

brooklynoxy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 17, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Methadone is THE ONLY drug that handles my stenosis and osteoarthritis. I have been on it for 5 yrs. Dr had me up to 200mg/day at one point which, I admit, was too much. However lately the Drs around here are terrified of the newer FDA reports and want nothing to do with it. My GP lowered me to 30 mg/day and this IS INSUFFICIENT. He actually handed me off to a pain center that is 40 miles away and I can't drive due to eye problems. This is VERY hard on my wife and her job. The pain center pushed suboxone but, after much consideration and research, I decided against it. Suboxone apparently does nothing for the pain that is the root of the problem! I can usually be fine on 60mg/day but weather related breakthrough pain requires more maybe 3 or 4 days /month average. My Drs won't allow me to live my life. Anyone have any suggestions?"

storkysr (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2015

For Pain: "Methadone is the only drug that helps my horrific lower back pain. I have been on everything from fentanyl patches to enough oxy to wipe out a small village. The methadone in combination with perk 5's is the best combination I have been on in the past 15 years. Thank you pain management doctors!"

FrankWhite May 8, 2015

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm a heroin addict for almost 2 years , my tolerance is 1,5 - 2 bundles a day. One day someone told me if u hooked on dope you going to loose everything. I was like, nothing is stronger than me and my will, I never thought that such a thing can control your life. You feel like a prisoner. My daughter is almost one year old and last time I saw her over 6 months ago my wife moved out and I'm about to loose them for good. I can't live like that anymore. It's so hard I've tried subaxon but I think I should try methadone first cause is stronger and my habit is bad. I wanna kick this addiction as fast as I can and I don't want to be hooked on meth or subax more than 6 months. I'm just asking you for advice start with methadone or subaxone ?"

cantlivelikethatanymore May 7, 2015

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "It made me be able to function in society like I used to be able to before I got addicted to lorecet. I have more confidence now. I find that 115mg a day fits me. Everyone is different though. I can sleep good through the night also."

jessboo1984 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2015

For Pain: "I've been on methadone. 14 yrs best pain med I've ever taken last much longer than most Meds"

Robin Kim April 12, 2015

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Ok, I was dependent on pain pills, and other illegal narcotics. The other pain pills were working pretty good, to be honest, but they caused euphoria, and when it causes euphoria, you chase that euphoria, and I would run out of my script WAY to early, and had to go out in the streets for more pain pills or other illegal narcotics. I discussed this with my doctor, he put me on 40mg of methadone, 2x a day, and I finally got my life back on track. You feel good everyday on methadone, without raising your dose, like other pain pills. I can honestly say, methadone DEF. saved my life. Thank you Methadone for saving me, my family, and my faith. Methadone is def. a life saver!"

Methacodone (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2015

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Methadone is a lifesaver. It gives me that freedom to get through the day with the pain that I have. It is better than any other pain killer out there hands down. I dont have to worry about do I need More or cravings like other pain killers."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2015

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm at 110mgs a day, kept me clean from other opiates now for a year, only downfall is that it doesn't seem to last as long as I need it to, by the early evening I feel down and weakand not to mention the dry constipation.... But really how can I complain? I'd take a little weakness and dry shit any day over the life I had during my addiction. Not only has this helped me with an addiction but with chronic back pain, I have degenerative disc disease, ruptured, slippled and bulging disc in my back, for the most part methadose controls my severe pain... I think god for it but I truely don't want to be on this my entire life.. 26yrold female"

kashadacurious1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 15, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "So, to begin with I was very skeptical because in the past I had taken methadone as another way just to get high. I was addicted to opiates for six solid years and on my worst days, I was up to 200 mg of morphine a day. I know this is nothing compared to some people but it was bad enough for me. I am dosing at a clinic now and so far my experience has been exceptional. I am on 50 mg a day, but I work nights. I dose in the morning and sleep most of my dose away but still am relieved from cravings all the way up to 1 am or so. I will continue to go up to find my baseline to completely cut cravings but so far I have been able to even stop smoking marijuana. Something I had been doing for even longer. For anyone in doubt, just give it a try."

Crabr101 March 7, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone saved my life! I've been clean for 6 years now thanks to methadone. If it wasn't for Methadone I'd be dead right now, I'm sure of it. My life is so much better now! Thank God for this medicine. I would suggest this option for anyone who's struggling with opiate addiction."

Stina22 March 6, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Have had 5 major cervical surgeries. Fused C2-T1 posteriorly and C2-C5 anteriorly. Lots of nerve damage and resulting pain. Many years on Oxy's and Fentanyl. Several years ago I started Methadone Tx. Worked up to 120mg/day in divided doses with Dilaudid for breakthrough. It's an excellent pain med and cheap if you have to pay for it. But after OBAMACARE destroyed my insurance (4X), no pain mngmt doctor will even talk to me. I'm currently having to wean myself off these meds as the pain returns. These docs only have to cover pre-existing conditions if they accept you as a patient. So if you lose yours and nobody will talk to you, you're in a leaking boat without a paddle! It's not easy to stop, that I promise you... Go very slow if you must!"

Fusedx7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on methadone for 5 years now. This saved my life! I'm a 27 year old male, that's happy to be alive and healthy. Without this, I would be dead. I was prescribed 90 oxycodone 80mg monthly & 120 IR 30s monthly. I would easily take all of these within 2 weeks, and that's not counting the scripts I would buy! I eventually turned to H. Worse thing I ever did. Listen if you take methadone the way your suppose too, it will work! I'm truly thankful to be alive today. I haven't releapsed since I started treatment 5 years ago! Good luck & god bless you."

soberSINCE4/15/2010 February 24, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Stomach cramps every day and night"

Fastboy (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015

For Pain: "Suffered a serious and painful injury during physical activity, which has left me bedridden for several months. I use Methadone along with quick-acting pain killers (Oxycodone) and my pain is now nearly nonexistant."

Jonathan624 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Got pain gone"

heney February 3, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Suffer with back pain since 1984 after 3 operations, also have had severe headaches since 1967. Some meds work on back pain but nothing ever had helped my headaches until I found methadone. Now one medicine has offered more relief than any other has for more than 40 years."

Mad Ruskie January 29, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Started on Methadone in the hospital after 2nd Laminectomy & fusion L-4 to S-1. I am on 30mgs 4 times a day (120mg in 24 hrs) I noticed an immediate weight gain of 20lbs (that I can't get rid of) and complete cessation of my menses! I was NOT warned of these side effects! The extra weight adds to my back pain & depression. I just don't know what to do! I want off of this, but I have failed other medications! I just want my body back (20 lbs lighter) AND help with my pain!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I have been taking methadone for chronic pain for a few years now and I have had great success. I'm so glad the doctor tried this on me."

browneyes0011 December 30, 2014