Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Chronic Pain 49 reviews 104 medications

9.1
Opiate Withdrawal 122 reviews 11 medications

Pain 140 reviews 929 medications

8.4
Summary of Methadone reviews 311 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Methadone

Review by jessboo1984 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: It made me be able to function in society like I used to be able to before I got addicted to lorecet. I have more confidence now. I find that 115mg a day fits me. Everyone is different though. I can sleep good through the night also.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2015 7:46 AM

Review by Robin Kim:

For Pain: I've been on methadone. 14 yrs best pain med I've ever taken last much longer than most Meds

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 8:27 PM

Review by Methacodone (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Ok, I was dependent on pain pills, and other illegal narcotics. The other pain pills were working pretty good, to be honest, but they caused euphoria, and when it causes euphoria, you chase that euphoria, and I would run out of my script WAY to early, and had to go out in the streets for more pain pills or other illegal narcotics. I discussed this with my doctor, he put me on 40mg of methadone, 2x a day, and I finally got my life back on track. You feel good everyday on methadone, without raising your dose, like other pain pills. I can honestly say, methadone DEF. saved my life. Thank you Methadone for saving me, my family, and my faith. Methadone is def. a life saver!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2015 11:13 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Methadone is a lifesaver. It gives me that freedom to get through the day with the pain that I have. It is better than any other pain killer out there hands down. I dont have to worry about do I need More or cravings like other pain killers.

March 16, 2015 10:28 PM

Review by kashadacurious1 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: I'm at 110mgs a day, kept me clean from other opiates now for a year, only downfall is that it doesn't seem to last as long as I need it to, by the early evening I feel down and weakand not to mention the dry constipation.... But really how can I complain? I'd take a little weakness and dry shit any day over the life I had during my addiction. Not only has this helped me with an addiction but with chronic back pain, I have degenerative disc disease, ruptured, slippled and bulging disc in my back, for the most part methadose controls my severe pain... I think god for it but I truely don't want to be on this my entire life.. 26yrold female

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 3:20 AM

Review by Stina22:

For Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone saved my life! I've been clean for 6 years now thanks to methadone. If it wasn't for Methadone I'd be dead right now, I'm sure of it. My life is so much better now! Thank God for this medicine. I would suggest this option for anyone who's struggling with opiate addiction.

March 6, 2015 1:34 AM

Review by Fusedx7 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: Have had 5 major cervical surgeries. Fused C2-T1 posteriorly and C2-C5 anteriorly. Lots of nerve damage and resulting pain. Many years on Oxy's and Fentanyl. Several years ago I started Methadone Tx. Worked up to 120mg/day in divided doses with Dilaudid for breakthrough. It's an excellent pain med and cheap if you have to pay for it. But after OBAMACARE destroyed my insurance (4X), no pain mngmt doctor will even talk to me. I'm currently having to wean myself off these meds as the pain returns. These docs only have to cover pre-existing conditions if they accept you as a patient. So if you lose yours and nobody will talk to you, you're in a leaking boat without a paddle! It's not easy to stop, that I promise you... Go very slow if you must!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2015 11:46 PM

Review by soberSINCE4/15/2010:

For Opiate Withdrawal: I have been on methadone for 5 years now. This saved my life! I'm a 27 year old male, that's happy to be alive and healthy. Without this, I would be dead. I was prescribed 90 oxycodone 80mg monthly & 120 IR 30s monthly. I would easily take all of these within 2 weeks, and that's not counting the scripts I would buy! I eventually turned to H. Worse thing I ever did. Listen if you take methadone the way your suppose too, it will work! I'm truly thankful to be alive today. I haven't releapsed since I started treatment 5 years ago! Good luck & god bless you.

February 24, 2015 12:48 PM

Review by Fastboy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: Stomach cramps every day and night

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2015 7:35 PM

Review by Jonathan624 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: Suffered a serious and painful injury during physical activity, which has left me bedridden for several months. I use Methadone along with quick-acting pain killers (Oxycodone) and my pain is now nearly nonexistant.

February 6, 2015 1:08 AM

Review by heney:

For Chronic Pain: Got pain gone

February 3, 2015 10:27 PM

Review by Mad Ruskie:

For Chronic Pain: Suffer with back pain since 1984 after 3 operations, also have had severe headaches since 1967. Some meds work on back pain but nothing ever had helped my headaches until I found methadone. Now one medicine has offered more relief than any other has for more than 40 years.

January 29, 2015 10:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Started on Methadone in the hospital after 2nd Laminectomy & fusion L-4 to S-1. I am on 30mgs 4 times a day (120mg in 24 hrs) I noticed an immediate weight gain of 20lbs (that I can't get rid of) and complete cessation of my menses! I was NOT warned of these side effects! The extra weight adds to my back pain & depression. I just don't know what to do! I want off of this, but I have failed other medications! I just want my body back (20 lbs lighter) AND help with my pain!

January 24, 2015 1:48 AM

Review by browneyes0011:

For Chronic Pain: I have been taking methadone for chronic pain for a few years now and I have had great success. I'm so glad the doctor tried this on me.

December 30, 2014 12:15 PM

Review by KimberRN (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: Prior to Methadone therapy, my physician prescribed several different medications without being able to control my pain. The medications caused negative physical and emotional reactions without removing pain. Methadone therapy has been my MIRACLE. I went from bed-ridden to being able to function as a human being on Methadone. The success of Methadone depends on the patient following the physicians' orders and NOT altering them or taking OTC medications without consulting your physician FIRST.

December 23, 2014 10:41 AM

Review by jordanhsr92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I've been on methadone diskettes for about 6 months now 200mgs/day. I feel so much better now that I'm not spending time and money on trying to score, I have a job, money, and a productive lifestyle. Methadone has saved my life. 25$/day is way less than my 150-200$/ day habit.

December 19, 2014 9:41 PM

Review by Methacodone:

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: Starting methadone was definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I look much healthier, and on top of all that I got an excellent job. Now I don't have to worry about being sick, methadone is amazing!

November 29, 2014 11:50 AM

Review by Swedishsweetie (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: I was diagnosed with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and chronic hip pain along with a severe case of plantars fasciitis (the least of my problems) when I was about a month pregnant. I came clean with my new Dr, telling him I had been self medicating with pain medicines since I was 14 and in a car accident. No Dr would help me because I was so young. Well not this time. My Dr realized that if he didn't find some way to help me it could be bad, so he instantly prescribed me methadone. It was safe in pregnancy with the right dose...it was a God send. My quality of life was back to 100%, it even helps with depression I believe. Best pain medicine I have ever been given.

November 15, 2014 12:58 AM

Review by Chrisphan (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Opiate Withdrawal: I have been addicted to painkillers ever since I got out of the military. After my doctor moved and I could not find another doctor who would prescribe me what I'd been taking I tried to taper and quit but went into horrible withdrawals I was so sick luckily my therapist recommended that I try methadone maintenance and I'm so thankful she did! I got my life back no more highs and lows or running out of pills trying anything I could to get more and worrying about withdrawals etc. I also had suicide thoughts and attempts now it's been almost two years I've had no attempts or thoughts and I feel my quality of life is so much better! I don't want to be a lifer on methadone and plan on tapering slowly my current dose is 100mgs. This medicine works!

November 6, 2014 12:23 PM

Review by ProFiredog (taken for 10 years or more):

For Chronic Pain: Excellent! I have used high dose methadone for severe chronic pain treatment. I love the relief level after long term use. Maintaining unimpaired cognitive function (no "high"), no compromised respiratory function, no compromise of GI tract (nausea, constipation), no withdrawal effects, even with sudden total stoppage of the med. I have used for ten(10) years after three(3) on high dose sustained release oxycodone(OxyContin). I suffered severe multi-traumatic injuries from an explosion and four story fall in 1999 after nineteen(19) years as a professional FireFighter/Paramedic and have experienced severe chronic pain since regaining consciousness. Methadone should be the front line go to medicine for more patients by physicians.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by trying to survive:

For Chronic Pain: I have suffered from chronic back and neck pain since 2007 and have tried just about every pain medication on the market with little to no relief. Finally my doctors tried Methadone. It does not remove all pain but does provide enough relief so that I can function on a daily basis, there is no "high" when taking this medication and the need for dosage increases is much less frequent than with other pain medications. I did find that I had some weight gain but with proper diet that can be controlled. I also suffered from severe hot flashes, as a man this was not expected and took a while before they figured out that the medications I was on dropped my Testosterone level, but with injections all that was corrected.

October 21, 2014 2:02 PM

Review by BRINO (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: Is very good for chronic pain without very much side effects. Very effective.

October 17, 2014 3:39 AM

Review by SocleAnsosober:

For Opiate Withdrawal: So, so happy I researched my area and found a methadone clinic. The weekly amount you pay to receive your daily dose is far far less than what you would be spending elsewhere! Methadone did give me my life back. It only took about two months of it being in my system to me to feel as if I could start functioning again as a normal person, get up,Go to work, Cook dinner, Clean, then actually be able to sleep and do it again the next day. Thank you to those who do see people are trying to do the right thing and get sober!

September 30, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by xxvv:

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: Methadone has once again helped me get clean for almost a year. I detoxed off of it 12 years ago & yes it was tough but possible. Take it nice and slow when detoxing and consider a blind detox so you cant convince yourself your feeling a drop in your dose. If you can afford Suboxone I would suggest that over Methadone for easier detox.

September 25, 2014 10:48 PM

Review by Kmegamom (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: I've had major back pain- 5 back surgeries with chronic pain nothing has given relief, I've been put on all kinds of medications and fentynil patches which really were awful!! Methadone was prescribed by a pain management Dr assigned to me in hospital after one surgery, he told me it's been around a thousand years, has very few side effects and works better. It by far has been the best for me, I don't have the fuzzy brain like the rest of the drugs do, it has been consistent in pain relief it doesn't take an hour to work then stop in 3, it continues working!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 7:13 PM