User Reviews for Methadone

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 144 reviews 11 medications

8.9
Chronic Pain 72 reviews 108 medications

8.9
Pain 148 reviews 1059 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 364 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Methadone

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on 60mg day methadone tabs for about 5-6 years. As FISHINGIRL says I have had several teeth just dissinegrate. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed at the Mayo Clinic. I also had a 20 foot fall off an overpass and landed on my back on the opposing guardrail. 9 ribs broken or fractured in 23 places and one protruding through my back. Methadone has been the only relief I have ever found. Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Morphine and many more could not give me a life like Methadone has. NOW we have our new Texas Governor restricting all these meds. Sent to pain management and after 20 years they cut my methadone script by 90%."

DRDAVEHD (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I was recently admitted to a behavioural health center for clinical depression. I am addicted to prescription pain meds and was given small amounts (.5 mgs twice a day) of Methadone for seven days, and was released with enough for seven more days .Not only did I no longer crave my previous narcotic meds my pain level was the lowest it was in years! I suffer from RA and degenerative arthritis in my back. I've tried several other treatments for my chronic pain including epidurals and a Fentanyl pain pump that went horribly wrong when the catheter came out of my spine 3 times causing an infection that ended with a hole in my back the size of a golf ball that required more surgery. "

Dave in PAIN (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Saved my life, and when I comment on this page, I'm commenting to people I assume are not self medicating and not illegally using any drugs, but yes a doctor put me on this medicine and it changed my life. I became a self sufficient mother and wife again, I wanted to live again. No more thoughts of suicide because pain controlled my every step, I had tried mild to very strong medications, chiropractors, acupuncture, herbal, dietary, otc medications, everything. Now 80 mgs a day. ...changed my life. My Dr. Moved and the new Dr. will not prescribe it anymore, I've got a few to make it, I'm trying with all my might to find a physician. I'm scared, I'm real scared, I can't go back to the pain, it hurt to bad."

Dawn, Wilburton, Oklahoma January 27, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I was discharged from the U.S. Army for medical reasons. Carrying 100lbs plus of gear a day caused a disk in my thoracic spine to herniate. I was on oxycodone 30mg for 4 years but hated the side effects. To stop taking the oxycodone and still manage pain, I take 55 mg of methadone daily in liquid form. Where I live, opiate addiction is at an all time high so doctors are VERY wary of prescribing any type of opiate. Methadone, however, is an opiate analgesic. I still take oxycodone for breakthrough pain and that's why my methadone dose is relatively low. At higher doses, methadone can act as an opiate blocker so narcotics are ineffective. If you're having trouble getting methadone, go to a local clinic! They aren't just for addicts."

Maryanna157 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on a methadone for 3 years now and I can honestly say it has saved my life. If there is side effects to it, I haven't seen them or they do not matter because I'm alive rather than dead and I'm fortunate for that, rest is minor in comparison. Everyone is different but the main thing is being alive and free of drugs so that I 'can' have a choice. Thank you methadone for giving me a 2nd chance!!"

savedmylife January 17, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Been on Methadone a year best thing that has happen to me love the way it feels plus it takes away the cravings and withdrawal. don't listen to the haters"

Anonymous January 16, 2016

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm currently 27 years old, and my first opiate I tried and fell in love with was Hydrocodone. I got addicted almost instantly, I was on it for a total of 2.5 years, dosing 100mg daily. Then I got into Oxycodone, from 2 reasons, tolerance and potency, used Oxy for 3 years, using 180mg daily. Then I went on to Diamorphine, using it for 1.5 years. That's 7 total years of heavy Narcotic use. My withdrawal almost killed me from dehydration, stayed in the hospital for 3 days, until I got discharged to go to the Methadone clinic by the RN. My insurance doesn't cover Rehab, so Methadone was my only option. I can say this proudly, that Methadone saved my life. From chasing the pills just to 'feel good' to having a beautiful wife and family."

Benzopiates619 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm a 27 year old male, and I've been on Methadone for 4 years at 80mg for opiate addiction I was using strong Narcotic drugs, including Hydrocodone for 2 years using 100mg daily, Oxycodone for 3 years using 200mg daily, and Diamorphine for 2 years. I went into severe withdrawal that nearly killed me, from dehydration. I got admitted to an ER room within 5 minutes, it was that bad. Stayed at the Hospital from Friday night to Monday morning. Then got discharged to go to a Methadone clinic. I can honestly say Methadone saved my life. Now I have a GREAT job, a beautiful wife, with a beautiful baby boy and a baby girl. Thank you Methadone!"

Oxymethadone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2016

For Pain: "Was in a wheel chair with severe back issues. Tried all kinds of pain meds including Vicodin and in the long run, I ended up in worse pain. (Rebound). Been taking methadone for 10yrs. Haven't been in a wheel chair since the first month of use. Still have a little pain but it is definitely tolerable. Life has changed for the best ever since."

Meowsy (taken for 10 years or more) January 7, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Awful!!!! Just gave me another thing to get off of. Ended up doing a lot of coke. Though I wasn't in any type of recovery either. My suggestion is anyone that wants to detox from opiates and is afraid to do it cold turkey, use suboxone, but ONLY to detox, don't use it as a maintenance med!! You can do it!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 31, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was on MM for 6 years at 115mg. I had clean UA's through this time. I was prescribed some Librium by some ER docs due to a bad bloody nose caused by high BP and 3 months of drinking, When the clinic I was going to found out, they dropped my dose immediately to 40 mgs and kicked me off their program 2 weeks later. I had to go to another more expensive clinic and use heroin because of the withdrawal I was feeling. I had to start at 25mgs and increase 5 mgs every 4 days. I am on 40 it is still not working very well for me."

samwitch December 26, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Best pain medication I have been on. Started because it was one of the cheapest and long acting. The only major problem is that it destroyed my teeth. It does not make me feel high just normal, it is however a very difficult medication to stop taking. I would not give up my methadone for any other treatment, especially suboxone."

brooklyn77 (taken for 10 years or more) December 20, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on Methodone one for nearly 13 years to manage chronic pain. I have been on 90mg. daily for approximately the last 3 years. I started at 100mg but after 10 years I had an auto accident and quickly discovered that since my dose was so high and my tolerance was great, almost every other pain med. the E.R. tried didn't work!! I was in the most agonizing pain I had ever felt! No sympathy from the nurses, to them, I "had enough med. on board to kill a horse!" Which was only maddening to me because "I" was the one in extreme agony! Its taking a long time but I definitely decided then that I needed to lower my dose as much as I could slowly, safely. I am still working on that. Three years and only down 1 10mg. pill is discouraging!!"

achybreaky2929 (taken for 10 years or more) December 18, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I broke my back over 15 years ago. I went from Darvocet to morphine. Everything that I tried lasted for short periods of time. Finally after almost ten years I found methadone. I feel that I am no longer trapped inside my body. I feel like I've been given my life back. I'm no longer at risk of damaging my body from the side effects of the previous meds. I take it once daily and it works wonders. I feel like a new person. I finally feel normal again."

Cherylnjerry98 December 16, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I used opiates for 3 years after my son was born. I struggled with everyday life, even making food or changing diapers if I didn't have some sort of opiate first thing in the morning. I was spending most of our money on drugs, and my baby was seeing me sick day after day... (He was ALWAYS taken care of, that was never an issue)... I finally had enough of trying to scheme doctors into giving me painkillers... I was sick of hard earned money going up my nose... I was an addict and I needed to just admit it already!! I found a methadone clinic very close to my home and made the appointment January 2015. I am almost a yr clean and happier than ever! I work everyday and take care of my family with no problem! Methadone saved my life, no doubt!!"

HappyHealthyAndClean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Life-saving!"

SamHKz (taken for 10 years or more) December 12, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Really helpful for chronic back and neck pain. Also really helpful for neuropathy pain. Makes it a bit harder to think. But I was taken off it cold turkey after a doctor switch. The withdrawals; I was on a low dose, were really bad. Hot flashes and restless leg were prominent for a couple of weeks. Iron supplements helped the restless leg syndrome a lot. Don't know why methadone caused it. Because of the withdrawal and the dulled thinking, I would hesitate to use this drug again, but I do miss it's helpfulness for pain."

Ivory dream (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "I have dealt with chronic back issues for 10 years now. I rode professional rodeo for 14 years riding bulls my body literally Took a beating. I have always been in construction as a trade 15 years ago I started my own business as a GC I fell 20 feet off of the ladder injuring my neck and back on top of already having back problems I've been on every pain medicine you could imagine with no results until I started taking methadone I take 80mg/ Day. I currently am in between doctors and slowly trying to wean myself off until I can get in somewhere to get back on my meds however this is very difficult I'm finding. "

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was on 120 mg of methadone for 3 years. I was on 6mg of clonazeapan for 4 years. I also was eating the cocktail everyday for years, which includes promethazine,clonadine and any benzo. I was arrested and kicked all these drugs in a 11'8 cell. I was so sick, you have to go through it to know. I've been clean for 6 months, the only way to kick that habit is jail, best thing that ever happened to me."

ryanbaker143469 November 28, 2015

For Chronic Pain: "Been taking since 2008 since all other treatments failed. I get 80 percent pain relief with min side effects - problems staying asleep. But good out weighs bad. Pain started 1981 since workplace injuries and accidents. Worsen 2005 Neck back hands shoulders etc."

TrentonGirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2015

For Pain: "I have been on methadone for 9 years for chronic pain. I have crohns disease, chronic pancreatitis, diabetes and 3 blown discs in my back. I have had over a dozen surgeries including a Whipple procedure, bowel resections, back surgeries etc.I was on so much fentanyl and dilapidated that most of the time I didn't know if I was coming or going, I was a mess. Methadone gave me my life back. No feeling high or confused.I can actually function. A great medicine for chronic pain. I now take 40mg 3x a day,down from 60 3x a day. I take no other pain meds."

Tommy 23 November 18, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I hate it. I've put on 50lbs even thou I'm staving myself and not eating carbs or sugar and everything I eat is fat free. I've been detoxing and I'm so tired the only reason I get up is to get my dose. The person they gave me has no clue what he is doing. I've finally requested a new case worker. Also I'm in more pain than ever. Everyone thats been going there for long time are all bent over, in wheelchairs and no teeth. Now my bones are starting to crack when I walk and I've aged 5 years looks wise. Can't wait to get off this"

no live what so ever (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 13, 2015

For Pain: "This drug has been so good for my pain due to widespread very frequent (150 tiimes a day and chronic shoulder dislocation) dislocations all over my body. I have pain because my bones grind together so much. I went off it for about 6 months last (March '14 to October '14)year because my pain doctor wanted me to and I didn't think it was helping. I had been on it for 9 months (July'13 to March '14) at that point. I started into a downward spiral and by October I was in the hospital an put on a dilaudid pain pump because my pain was out of control. Now I have been on it for year and my pain control is great now"

maddie5032250322 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been on Methadone for 3.5 years. Currently at 90mg. I only have to go to the clinic every 2 weeks. When I started on it at the clinic I was in severe withdrawal. I never did heroine. I got methadone from a friend who went to the clinic weekly. After I was hooked it was all over for me. I had NO IDEA that it was that addictive until he was cut off and I could no longer get it. I only took about 20-30 mg a day then. But when he was cut off, I didn't know what to do. The withdrawal was just so awful and I still had to go to work full time.If I could do it over again, I would just suck it up. Now I have this ball n chain and no end in sight. I had 2 kids on it too so I get to live with that guilt too. Don't do it as a 1st resort.Just DONT"

Warysary (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I tried to ween myself off by myself and it did not happen I couldn't do it I was fooling myself so I new there were these clinics but I was scared to go I said there's no way I'm like these people I'm not homeless I'm a good looking guy I have style I have a good job there's no way that's me don't judge a book by its cover I've met at the methadone clinic lawyers doctors police officers that are on methadone it all starts from a simple pain prescription from a doctor and your life's over methadone has saved my life I have a beautiful family 2 dogs a nice home a car life is manageable today it's a miracle I'm alive my dad my uncle and my cousin all died from this deadly disease of drugs my family's names going to carry on because of me .."

soberman416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2015